Rapid Growth

AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Mystic
I finally ran out of other skills to lvl and picked up rapid growth. So far it hasn't impressed me as the time it takes to cast is more than the time it shaves off of my chan and costs me 30 chi.

Pretty much the reason why I didn't learn it yet. However I'm curious what everyone else uses it for? What is your Rapid Growth combo? Is it only really useful in pvp when you want to telegraph as flamboyantly as possible that you are gonna use Absorb Soul next and then use something else to fool people?

EDIT: So far at lvl 1 its not too useful but I can see potential. Using it with Absorb Soul is ok, but using it right b4 thicket might be a better way to go assuming it actually amps up the the damage like you would think it should.

Triple sparking and then opening with Rapid Growth would probably be pretty powerful too for NV spam or AS spike damage. I'm sure all this is already old news for most people out there. I've been using mistress/devil+leech+NV+3xspark+NV spam to dd when craglord is on cool down and its not a lv150 mob. I wonder how much more adding lv10 RG in there would help vs the attack it replaces. Put it after the spark I guess?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
Post edited by AlysonRose - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Rapid growth->Nature Vengeance-> absorb soul.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Xyrika - Archosaur
    Xyrika - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Rapid growth->Nature Vengeance-> absorb soul.

You can even add a Spark2(or 3 if you have), to make the dmg bigger..
    What concerns me, I have it on lvl 9 so far and I really started to like it. Its like Spark1 but only costs 30 chi and can be stacked with the other sparks or lysing sum2. So it raises the power of one attack quite well..
    The added -20% channeling combined with the -25% Demon spark gives you makes it easy to get a Mystic to such huge amount of channeling that he can cast instant. Also not bad, if you want to deal huge dmg.

All in all its not first priority to me, but also not least
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    46% channel from gear +25% from demon spark (if you go demon) +20% from rapid growth. = 91% which lowers to 90%...INSTA CAST???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    OMG RG is one of the best skills. -20% channeling and 100% extra damage!!

Usually I use after demon spark. 3spark>RG>NV>AS gives me a channeling of 90%, with that I can cast AS about 4 times on a 3spark.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Indeed it's awesome. Sometimes I use relentless courage then rapid growth (after spark) to make things go even faster. Though lately I've been using the genie for extreme poison instead.

I have tried to combine it with the Mistress too (energy leech) but that costs too much time.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Yamchayama - Sanctuary
    Yamchayama - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It looks to me like you get the -20% channeling at level 1, with 55% extra WEAPON damage. At level 10, the only difference is an additional 45% weapon damage. I agree its a great skill for the channeling, but maybe it doesn't make sense to level it up until later when you have weapons that have real damage?
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    So after the barest testing I've found that Rapid Growth doesn't to jack to increase damage of Thicket or Lysing Punishing Sting. Since the skills in question ALWAYS do exactly the same damage to a particular target its pretty easy to verify this lol.

You can get off 3-4 NV if you "quadrupel spark" I only have -chan on my tt90 glaive so with more you might get better results with NV or AS.

All in all its a fun lil skill that I'm glad I saved for last cause I'm having fun fiddling with it b:chuckle

EDIT: Fun combo NV>RG>Bramble Tornado>AS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So after the barest testing I've found that Rapid Growth doesn't to jack to increase damage of Thicket or Lysing Punishing Sting. Since the skills in question ALWAYS do exactly the same damage to a particular target its pretty easy to verify this lol.

You can get off 3-4 NV if you "quadrupel spark" I only have -chan on my tt90 glaive so with more you might get better results with NV or AS.

All in all its a fun lil skill that I'm glad I saved for last cause I'm having fun fiddling with it b:chuckle

EDIT: Fun combo NV>RG>Bramble Tornado>AS

I use Rapid Growth every chance I get both in pvp and pve.

I have sage NV which gives a chance for faster chi while it's up, but even if it doesn't proc I've still made up the chi by the time the effect ends.

Question. I heard Sage Rapid Growth was glitched still atm.

Can anyone confirm this?
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    I'm curious what exactly it does to increase damage. It says it adds bonus to my magic attack of 60% of my weapon's magic attack. Which of course is a range of numbers.

So when you cast Absorb Soul for example it uses 125% of your "magic attack" + X
    Nature's Vengeance uses base attack + wep attack+ X like most skills do.

However I've been testing lvl 2 rapid growth with the basic NV>AS combo and barely notice any difference in damage. I have even done less damage frequently just like in a regular range.

What I mean is that if I normally do an average within X-Y damage to glacial seeds with NV, and with AS after, I notice nothing suggesting a 60% increase in damage at all. Its still within the regular X-Y range. If there is a difference at all its within 600 damage. Now if I used any kind of spark it is readily apparent that I'm doing way more damage.

I've been testing AS both alone and after having used NV and I'm hoping that at lvl 10 RG will have a more noticeable impact on damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Is it both Nature's Vengeance and Absorb Soul that you are noticing no increase or just Absorb Soul?