Refining Rates are Trash

Irae - Harshlands
Irae - Harshlands Posts: 183 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Got some event gold, bought some Tienkang. On 8 separate occasions I failed to refine a cape from +2 to +3 using the Tienkang stones. Going out on a limb and accusing PWI of lowering the refine rates in order to waste money and cause people to purchase Orbs from the shop. Anyone with me?

Edit: Each refine attempt was made at the Officer of a Faction-held land.
Post edited by Irae - Harshlands on

Comments

• Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Got some event gold, bought some Tienkang. On 8 separate occasions I failed to refine a cape from +2 to +3 using the Tienkang stones. Going out on a limb and accusing PWI of lowering the refine rates in order to waste money and cause people to purchase Orbs from the shop. Anyone with me?

I don't even use them until +4 even then sometimes i don't bother and only use tishas at +5....I've gotten 14 different items to +7 and 1 item to +8 with said ways. Some people have good luck refining others don't. b:bye
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Irae - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    I don't even use them until +4 even then sometimes i don't bother and only use tishas at +5

HEY YOU. the point is not that people often don't use them until +4, the point is, it failed 8 times on a supposedly easy refine.

EDIT: with an increased rate refining stone.
    edited May 2011
    HEY YOU. the point is not that people often don't use them until +4, the point is, it failed 8 times on a supposedly easy refine.

EDIT: with an increased rate refining stone.

Bad luck, you have.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011

same here, used them to refine at least from +3 to +5 and had 10 tishas. NONE of them worked. Not even when it failed and went back to 0..didnt go up even to +1 with all 8. Then tried without and it went up to +3 again....never again.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Irae - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Bad luck is failing half the time. This is something else. It's.............LIESb:angry
  • Siiobhan - Archosaur
    Siiobhan - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I had good luck AND bad luck. Gotten a bow to plus five with six mirages once. Also once used a hundred mirages and failed to get +3.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    refining luck always drops during an orb sale
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    refining luck always drops during an orb sale

I got 4 items to +7 during sale....with 1k mirages and tishas....and 2 of them were weapons that used 2 mirages per try...
  • Sakuba - Harshlands
    Sakuba - Harshlands Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Im up here with u.
    After ~800 mirages i was at +3...I bought 10 stones of the 3 refine ones..tienkang tisha and chienkun....none worked.
    Not a single one out of 30.
    WTF?
    And everything you gave me...vanished without a trace.

Royal Duelists.

Sakuba...merged together in the shadows with SilentPain, a dark rose was born.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I had good luck AND bad luck. Gotten a bow to plus five with six mirages once. Also once used a hundred mirages and failed to get +3.
    +5

6 mirages

Weapons take 2 mirages

I call BS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited May 2011
    +5

6 mirages

Weapons take 2 mirages

I call BS

They never said from +0 to +5 b:bye
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    OMG GAME IS TOO HARD COZ I CANNOT GET +1...... MAKE EASY PLZZZZ

go play minecraft or something.. seriously
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DTK - Dreamweaver
    DTK - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I've +8ed TT99 gold magic sword to +8 with only 1 fail
    I've +11ed lunar claws with tishas from +4 without a single fail. Yes it went straight from 4-11 without failing.
    I've also +9ed TT99 boots to +9 with 32 mirages and 6 tishas, 3 tks
    But I've also failed to +1 with 60-70 ish mirages.
    It's called LUCKb:bye
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I refined a TT90 gold hat that was +3 initially to +8 with tishas. It went down to 0, then to +8 without failing in between.

It took me 2k mirages and an ungodly amount of tishas to get a weapon to +4. I quit getting using mirages+tishas to get past +4 after that.

It's luck. And unfortunately, you don't have it.
    b:bye
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Irae - Harshlands
    edited May 2011

Looking back on the thread, I don't think anyone made this complaint. I guess that's supposed to be funny?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's pretty obvious and apparent that they do **** with the refining rate during orb sales.

If it takes 150+ mirages to just get an item to +2, something's really up. The same item went right to +5 for me on the first try with 10 mirages after the last orb sale finished.

Refining is annoying. Whatever... I like having refined gear.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited May 2011
    It's pretty obvious and apparent that they do **** with the refining rate during orb sales.

If it takes 150+ mirages to just get an item to +2, something's really up. The same item went right to +5 for me on the first try with 10 mirages after the last orb sale finished.

Refining is annoying. Whatever... I like having refined gear.

yeah my boots +6 with 15 mirages.....they really screwed with refining rates. It's called luck, get used to it. Just because there are any sales doesn't mean jack. b:bye
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have a hunch that the tienkang from event boutique aren't as good. I've noticed really... really bad luck using them. Supposedly they have 45% chance, I've seen more like... well no better than using mirages, really. Anybody with more event gold/time maybe want to look into this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
    edited May 2011
    yeah my boots +6 with 15 mirages.....they really screwed with refining rates. It's called luck, get used to it. Just because there are any sales doesn't mean jack. b:bye

Luck? No.

Statistics? Yes.

I can use 50 mirages on a given piece of gear, and get to +1 maybe 3 times on that piece of gear during an orb sale.

When there is no orb sale, I will at least be able to get to +2 on the same piece of gear with 50 mirages, if not get that piece of gear to +4 or +6.

I hate wasting mirages. So, I wait until after these stupid sales to refine my gear, and save my coins.

PWI's completely FAIL RNG REALLY does NOT help at all (well, it DOES help, but in this case, it does not). If you use 25 mirages on a pair of boots, and you fail every single god damn time, not only did you just waste ~25 minutes of your time, but you wasted 25 mirages. Sure, you could buy some orbs and use 4 mirages, and get to +4, and spend 30 seconds at the elder/officer, but... That money would be better spent on charms, apoth, gear, and other stuff.

I don't believe in luck. I do believe that the refine rates get jacked with during orb sales, because I have tried refining a lot during orb sales, and when there were no orb sales, and encountered VAST differences. Throw that 'luck' word around all you want, you are not going to change my mind, ever, on this.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i start using the stones once i get +3, +2 on a weapon since it takes double the mirages stones. but i havnt yet got to +5 on those stones, i just instead use orbs >_>

but even with the stones i have bad luck sometimes. but usually about my 5th attempt or so from 3->4 it works... give or take.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I have a hunch that the tienkang from event boutique aren't as good. I've noticed really... really bad luck using them. Supposedly they have 45% chance, I've seen more like... well no better than using mirages, really. Anybody with more event gold/time maybe want to look into this?

I've had the opposite experience: with my first batch of Tienkangs from the Event Boutique, I refined four or five pieces of gear to +4 from a range of +0-3, one of them being a weapon.

Though of course, that was a small sample.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    b:chuckle talk do duke theres specific areas on the map and times that are better for refining best I had my calloused at was +8 with those stones and that was from +5 to +8 at arch however went to +0 nearly right after it dropped to +7.

Theres alot of factors that go into refining wether its proven or not I've gotten tons of things +4-5 off nothing but mirages after talking to duke and seeing where things should be refined however you'r guild may have ot own some lands to have better success rates.
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2011

the only tienkang stones ive used were event ones, so i cant compare to normal ones, but ive had good and bad luck with them. some of my gears went to +4 in the first try, others took more tries. i have only tried to get +5 with them on 1 item, and it never went, ended up wasting about 300 mirage stones, so i just left it with +4.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • Teje - Dreamweaver
    Teje - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Tisha only add 3.5% chance, after +1 Chienkun odds are obscenely low. While Tienkang add 15%, if fail your no better off than if just used Mirage. For the money wasted on refining stones in the long run you would better off using orbs.
  • TabooForYou - Lost City
    TabooForYou - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2011

DONT DOWN MINECRAFTb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    get like 200+mirages,event gold got to thousand streams elder around 1am server time.You will get +5 np :)
    edited May 2011
    DONT DOWN MINECRAFTb:angry

lol Someone gave me a lifetime copy of minecraft (paid for during Alpha).

It's got way more value than PWI does, and it's more free (for me anyway) than PWI is. b:victory Plus, they actually fix bugs in Minecraft...

And I usually play Minecraft when PWI is down for maint, but I should actually be studying for Midterms tomorrow. :p
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level