Update the Outdated

Futurelord - Dreamweaver
Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
So with two new races out one has to wonder, what new and improved genie changes will there be?

Comment with a few ideas of which classes should be included in some of those class specific skills as well as a few ideas for new skills!
b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
Post edited by Futurelord - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2011
    It would be nicer if they actually worked on fixing bugs that have been around since the beginning. At a minimum, they should fix the issues with the genies now before adding more genie skills. I mean, is it really hard to go in and edit the skill descriptions to correct them when you go and change everything? Apparently it's easier to ignore it and just leave it all wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Why add new stuff if the old? I mean the classic classes cleary don't fit to the new ones. They should first remake the barb agro system, search for a solution for 5 aps in instances and make instances appealing for magic classes again. Then we can talk.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    WTB > Stealth Awareness skill for all classes except Assassins.

Since obviously, the Earthguard race has literally no purpose except to look really pretty, isolate Venomancers and Barbarians even further, and fill spots for less fortunate DD's like...wizards, archers, and psychics.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
    edited May 2011
    Why add new stuff if the old? I mean the classic classes cleary don't fit to the new ones. They should first remake the barb agro system, search for a solution for 5 aps in instances and make instances appealing for magic classes again. Then we can talk.

Yes, this too =)
    I've got a vid of a level 80 seeker tanking pole with myself and a mystic. I didn't even have to focus on the heals much and rarely had to purify because of their skill that reflects the debuff back onto the boss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PinkyRose - Archosaur
    PinkyRose - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    A few things I would do....starting with the general, and working my way down.

GENERALLY:
    Fix bugs. Ask your players. They will point them out for you.
    Fix Twilight Temple that you broke earlier. After all, nobody runs TT anymore because everybody and their mother buys Rank, so why punish the people who ACTUALLY WORK for their gear? [/commonsense]
    Make events where possibly, the lower level players can do something besides kill the same mob with a different name X times in a row. (For 40 levels straight.)

AS FAR AS LOOKING PRETTY:
    For the SAKE OF GOD...make the original 3 starter areas look as nice as the newer ones. It makes me sick how crappy Etherblade looks compared to Tellus City. The Untamed have been rebuilding their city for long enough now...it's been over two years. It didn't even take EUROPE that long...and they weren't superhuman half-beasts with incredible power and the help of tamed animals.

WTB > More customization for Barbarians.
    At the moment, the beauty contest goes thusly--
    Earthguard > Tideborn > Winged Elves > Untamed > Humans

No. Fix the last three to make them look at least SOMEWHAT like you care about the franchise that started all this. Eventually people are going to be turned off by the original three races, and simply won't play the game, due to lack of choice. Nobody wants to be ugly in a video game, some of us have that affliction IRL.

SKILLS. FIX THEM. I mean Clerics. I mean Wizards. I mean Archers. I mean Barbarians. A few BM skills wouldn't kill you either. Stop being so lazy.

BALANCE
    (oh boy.)

ATTACKS PER SECOND.
    Biggest.
    Problem.
    Ever.
    Remember how you stuck it in there because archers needed an advantage over everybody else? UPDATE: The Blademasters have figured it out, and you also gave twitching ability to Assassins. Good job. Now everybody wants their bosses twitched. It's defeating the entire purpose of the game.
    May we have our 3.33 cap back? At least then your animations won't look half ****.

BARBARIANS:
    AGGRO SKILLS, DAMNIT. [/rant]

Venomancers:
    Beasts that were not to be tamed, some should be. (Firebath Pheonix from Burning Heart.)
    Earthguard critters need taming. Let's hop to it.

Clerics:
    We get it, you have lights and bubbles....next?

Archers:
    I'll let an archer take this one. (*COUGH* KNOCKBACK IN PVP *COUGH*)

Blademasters:
    Thank you for giving the finger to those guys who made the models for all those BM weapons. Now that everybody and their mother uses Deicides, who uses those lame Poleaxes anymore? I also miss when Blademasters...hit things with blades instead of twitching them with a pair of claws. Either rename them Clawtwitchers, or GTFO!

Wizards:
    I'm sure they'd love a PvP knockback skill too.

Assassins:
    Nurf. Now.
    This is THE worst class you've ever designed...and you've made some doozies. (Lol...Vampire....Bards...may I go on?) At least the previous crappy classes you've made didn't completely DOMINATE THE GAME. You might as well rename them "Invisible Jesus Fishes."
    Either get a nurf on that stealth, or a nurf on their APS ability. One of them needs to go.

Psychics:
    Wtb > better physical damage skill.
    Wtb > soulforce nurf on Rank gear. You'll be shocked how many Psys will go back to Nirvana.
    Wtb > Actual physical damage skill that isn't a total joke.

Mystics:
    Nurf. Now.
    You have the damage of a wizard, the casting time of a psychic, the heals of a **** poor cleric, and the tanking ability of a venomancer on one class. Were you just too lazy to come up with a better concept?
    I won't get into the INSANE damage they deal, (I watched a 9x Mystic take out a 101 Wizard in R9 the other day, don't tell me they don't hit like a truck) or the fact that the summon damage is absolutely nuts...or the fact that they get a PvP knockback skill, and the rest of us magical classes get the finger when we try and point out how unfair it is.

Seekers:
    I
    want
    an
    aggro
    skill.
    What's the point in us having that much HP....if I can't hold aggro from Twitchy the Sin over there? Logic. You haz none.

That's all I've got to say about that.
    My Harshland main has funky lettering, so forums delete his posts. Now I post on my boredom toon from Archosaur.

98 Psychic (HL)~~_/\/\_
    93 WB (HT) ~~ x_RO/\R_x

I find your lack of intelligence disturbing, commander.... b:bye
    "It's L's half brother _/\/\_!" --Bitterroot, Harshlands xD
    edited May 2011
    Clerics:

It would be nice if they bothered to fix the bugs in our 1-hour buffs, if Plume Shot could be used for pulling again. (Yes it was once, then genies came out.) It would also be nice if we had a knockback skill like every other caster class has. (well the veno's don't but then they've got pets tanking don't they?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    It would be nice if they bothered to fix the bugs in our 1-hour buffs, if Plume Shot could be used for pulling again. (Yes it was once, then genies came out.) It would also be nice if we had a knockback skill like every other caster class has. (well the veno's don't but then they've got pets tanking don't they?)

Plume shot pulling? Nice, but how did we get off the genie topic. >.>

As far as im concern a mob can never touch me, at-least not when I'm using my lvl11 silent seal to keep them in place long enough to kill them. (Thats when im having fun, otherwise i tank hits with ironheart.)

What bugs?

The only thing i would ask for for clerics is better animation and possibly a little less mana drain on our plume shells, gotta beat those 5 aps someway right? (A silent seal that wasnt this random would be nice, no cleric need to be this useless at keeping melees away from them)
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I totally agree with what you said, about some stuff:

Psychics:
    Wtb > soulforce nurf on Rank gear. You'll be shocked how many Psys will go back to Nirvana.

NO. Psy is ENOUGH Op. Did you see a R9 +12 (all armor) at PvP? it's invincible without an immune pot. You dontneed physical attacks since you have much more attack than wiz with Voodoo.

Mystics:
    Nurf. Now.
    You have the damage of a wizard, the casting time of a psychic, the heals of a **** poor cleric, and the tanking ability of a venomancer on one class. Were you just too lazy to come up with a better concept?
    I won't get into the INSANE damage they deal, (I watched a 9x Mystic take out a 101 Wizard in R9 the other day, don't tell me they don't hit like a truck) or the fact that the summon damage is absolutely nuts...or the fact that they get a PvP knockback skill, and the rest of us magical classes get the finger when we try and point out how unfair it is.

Mystic is fine, there's nothing to nerf... the R9 wiz is probably a nub -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011

GENERALLY:
    Fix Twilight Temple that you broke earlier. After all, nobody runs TT anymore because everybody and their mother buys Rank, so why punish the people who ACTUALLY WORK for their gear? [/commonsense]
    Make events where possibly, the lower level players can do something besides kill the same mob with a different name X times in a row. (For 40 levels straight.)
    +1

For the SAKE OF GOD...make the original 3 starter areas look as nice as the newer ones. It makes me sick how crappy Etherblade looks compared to Tellus City. The Untamed have been rebuilding their city for long enough now...it's been over two years. It didn't even take EUROPE that long...and they weren't superhuman half-beasts with incredible power and the help of tamed animals.
    +1
    o.o i would say untamed are on last place cause of barbs alone. humans are humans, i dont really know what you would want to add to them. at least they can wear a beard? xD

SKILLS. FIX THEM. I mean Clerics. I mean Wizards. I mean Archers. I mean Barbarians. A few BM skills wouldn't kill you either. Stop being so lazy.
    >.> ehem...please ...as well it would be awesome to get a timer. i mean in every other game i played it showed a timer for each buff AND it didnt reset when you logged off. Not really neccassery but a nice add.

ATTACKS PER SECOND.
    Biggest.
    Problem.
    Ever.
    Actually its not. Since you need to spend ALOT of money to reach 5aps.

BARBARIANS:
    +1 and some more USEFULL DD skills!

Venomancers:
    Beasts that were not to be tamed, some should be. (Firebath Pheonix from Burning Heart.)
    i want to level my bash on pets further cause if i need to tank, i obviously cant with 3 sins in squad. not asking for much here except few good skills for pets and higher upgrade!

Clerics:
    omg please dont add any skills to clerics ...obviously i use already 95% of all skills. i dont know any other class that uses so many skills at once.

Wizards:
    :( i want them to get something at least pve wise, cause noone takes them due 5aps. i dont have a wiz but i do read world chat...

Assassins:
    Nurf. Now.
    This is THE worst class you've ever designed...and you've made some doozies. (Lol...Vampire....Bards...may I go on?) At least the previous crappy classes you've made didn't completely DOMINATE THE GAME. You might as well rename them "Invisible Jesus Fishes."
    Either get a nurf on that stealth, or a nurf on their APS ability. One of them needs to go.
    +1

Mystics:
    Nurf. Now.
    Their damage isnt actually that high. Its their short channel and casting time. Their pet cant tank but deals alot of damage.

Seekers:
    I
    want
    an
    aggro
    skill.
    What's the point in us having that much HP....if I can't hold aggro from Twitchy the Sin over there? Logic. You haz none.
    Alpha Male?
    b:surrender
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Earthguard > Winged Elves > Untamed > Humans > Tideborn

Fixed. b:pleased Fish look pretty... served fried on a dish only b:victory
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Psychics:

NO. Psy is ENOUGH Op. Did you see a R9 +12 (all armor) at PvP? it's invincible without an immune pot. You dontneed physical attacks since you have much more attack than wiz with Voodoo.

Mystics:
    Nurf. Now.

Mystic is fine, there's nothing to nerf... the R9 wiz is probably a nub -.-

Hmm no. Because we actually have an OP skill, and I will admit that. I've never actually fought a R9 person but knowing my class, I think I know how that Mystic did.
    The only problem against a R9 arcane person would be to survive it. But if you manage to survive them somehow or are ganking them, I think they are one-shotable or almost, by a Mystic.
    We got a very odd skill called "Absorb Soul". It deals physical damage, and its damage output gets doubled when we use our starting-spamming skill before it thanks to a debuff it does.
    Where it is OP, is how odd it acts. It by passes any buff and any defense lvl... It even ignores the immunity status. And all this on the top of the insane damage it already deals.

On mobs or non [?] bosses, if I sage spark and use the debuff skill + Absorb Soul, my absorb soul deals between 95k-100k damage (I have R8 +7 wand and 505 magic stats). I precise this isn't a crit, since this skill cannot crit by nature, so it's the regualr damage I do with it when sage sparked.

So... how much damage do you think I'd deal to a R9 wiz with this if that skills by passes the target's buffs and defense lvls ?
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    While were at it: Bramble guard should work in open pvpb:thanks
    And the real original classes get ***** with every new class QQ
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You know the game is severely broken, when the tank class (Barbs), get +12 2nd stage Nirvana, and can't hold aggro to a +5 decides 5aps BM, Sin, or Archer.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011

No. Fix the last three to make them look at least SOMEWHAT like you care about the franchise that started all this. Eventually people are going to be turned off by the original three races, and simply won't play the game, due to lack of choice. Nobody wants to be ugly in a video game, some of us have that affliction IRL.

BARBARIANS:

Assassins:
    Nurf. Now.

Mystics:
    Nurf. Now.

Seekers:
    I
    want
    an
    aggro
    skill.

LMAO that was epic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Since they don't actually own the code to the original three races and therefore can't update, why not update the genies? They can play around with that code and have in the past. How about a barb only genie skill that doubles the effect of their aggro skill? Or an all class skill that increases stealth detection. A skill that increases channeling speed that doesn't stack with the mystic channeling skill but does stack with the channeling shards/stats of weapons and armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    While were at it: Bramble guard should work in open pvpb:thanks
    And the real original classes get ***** with every new class QQ

Yeah, if they did this then sins/high aps wouldnt be as powerful cause they would kill themselves on barbs lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
    edited May 2011
    Since they don't actually own the code to the original three races and therefore can't update.

Actually, they do own the code, they purchased it from Archosaur group. the problem is that they fired all the Devs that know the code and have hired a bunch of noobs because it's cheaper to pay them. Any added content is just like adding a mod file to a game like Oblivion. It doesn't change the source code, it just uses the existing pointers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Make a genie skill that also reduces aps and works on anyone/anything who is attacking you, so that the max aps someoen can have in pvp is 3.33. WOn't solve the "its easy for me to +12 everything I have since I make millions of coins in the tiem it takes you to do a single run," but it will help solve the problem in pvp.

Make a genie debuff that adds enough -mag defense to an enemy (not usuable in pvp) that they the dps is increased enough that your putting out around the same amount of damage as a person who is 5aps

Make a genie skill for every class that isn't melee that works similar to blood paint, the more damage you take the more you are healed for a small amount of time. Lock to arcane classes only (mystics, psychics, clerics, etc) that way they can put as much damage out there as 5aps. Make sure it reduces chi too, so you can't spark burst immediately afterwards. This prevents people from soloing but if an arcane class takes aggro, at least they'll live and the 5aps people won't have to keep an eye out as often for the arcane classes.

Like they say, you can't unscramble an egg. So instead of nerfing 5aps, make it so they anyone can do the same amount of damage as aps with the right gear and at around the same speed. And with everybody special, no one will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I would REALLY like to see a genie skill that was a better version of holy path but cleric only. Even if it wasn't max speed, but like a better archer speed buff, it would be much appreciated. /2cents
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    I would REALLY like to see a genie skill that was a better version of holy path but cleric only. Even if it wasn't max speed, but like a better archer speed buff, it would be much appreciated. /2cents

+3 / . / OR add speed bonuses to our heals hehe, cast heal on anyone, get a 100% speed bonus.
  • kknboy
    kknboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011

GENERALLY:

BALANCE
    (oh boy.)

ATTACKS PER SECOND.
    Biggest.
    Problem.
    Ever.
    Remember how you stuck it in there because archers needed an advantage over everybody else? UPDATE: The Blademasters have figured it out, and you also gave twitching ability to Assassins. Good job. Now everybody wants their bosses twitched. It's defeating the entire purpose of the game.
    May we have our 3.33 cap back? At least then your animations won't look half ****.

BARBARIANS:

Venomancers:

Clerics:

Archers:
    I'll let an archer take this one. (*COUGH* KNOCKBACK IN PVP *COUGH*)

Blademasters:
    Thank you for giving the finger to those guys who made the models for all those BM weapons. Now that everybody and their mother uses Deicides, who uses those lame Poleaxes anymore? I also miss when Blademasters...hit things with blades instead of twitching them with a pair of claws. Either rename them Clawtwitchers, or GTFO!

Wizards:

Assassins:
    Nurf. Now.

Psychics:

Mystics:
    Nurf. Now.

Seekers:
    I
    want
    an
    aggro
    skill.

That's all I've got to say about that.

LOL. You're funny. Lets be friends b:thanks
  • vanishing
    vanishing Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    When will you learn. They have never fixed any of the old bugs. For some reason they can only manage to fix new bugs they them selves introduced. And mostly its "important stuff" like fonts and descriptions. >.>

If they for some reason for once would get smart and start acting like a good mmo company would and fix bugs thats been there from the start I could actually start recommend this game to friends and such.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011

I just use alacrity on clerics in FCC. Tell 'em I'm gonna do it, then do it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level