What is the Max Channeling?

2»

Comments

• XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    thet80 wrote: »
    I am wiz 95, and found that, nothing can be compare with sin 5 aps, hp 12k. And it's possible to get 5 aps for sin. But wiz.. Hmm how to say.

Hmmmmmm not really sure what this adds to this discussion, if you read through the rest of the posts you would have seen that it is not about comparing casters to 5aps melees.
    Only the first post was asking what the max -chan is, like 5.0 is max -int for melees.
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Doesn't Nyxya (Harshlands) have an 18% ornament?

Also, can't 100% channeling be considered the samething as no channeling? Hence don't we already have -100% channeling from God pots and Wiz 2 spark skills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hmmmmmm not really sure what this adds to this discussion, if you read through the rest of the posts you would have seen that it is not about comparing casters to 5aps melees.
    Only the first post was asking what the max -chan is, like 5.0 is max -int for melees.

Except, it really is not.

-interval gives exponential returns.

-channeling gives linear returns.

If they had thought it out better, they would have simply done +APS instead of -interval. However, that would have created a different imbalance... Archers, Axes, and to a lesser extent, swords. Imagine a 2.5 APS crossbow? b:shocked Put that up against a 5.0, and it's roughly twice the DPM (considering that a bow hits roughly 3.5 to 4 times harder than daggers, it's twice the DPH of a Sin, and even more than a fist BM, and a Crossbow does slightly more than a bow).

Anyway, on the topic of -channeling... There's a limitation. -90% is about the point of no more returns. Anything past it glitches, and therefore, -91% simply reverts to -90%. At least, that is what has been posted before on the forums.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    from what i've seen and been told if you get enough channel and demon spark you'll "insta-cast" the spell meaning there's no animation only damage and if you do it right you can basicly kill anything in 2 sec.

False, every skill has channeling and casting, you can avoid channeling with high -chan% and sutra from a wizzard, but you'll never avoid the animation time which is the casting.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    zizoun wrote: »
    False, every skill has channeling and casting, you can avoid channeling with high -chan% and sutra from a wizzard, but you'll never avoid the animation time which is the casting.

There are two steps of animation.

"Channel": "Call" the magic energy, stand there like a dumbass.

"Cast": Actually "throw" your magic spell at the enemy.

Basically having 90% -ct will result in almost instant casting, as all your mage will do is the cast. BIDS for example the wiz will not be spinning around for seconds, but throw the dragon almost directly at an enemy.
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
    edited May 2011
    Anyway, on the topic of -channeling... There's a limitation. -90% is about the point of no more returns. Anything past it glitches, and therefore, -91% simply reverts to -90%. At least, that is what has been posted before on the forums.

Except, there is not really much point talking about the subject of any -chan higher than 7x as it is just really not possible in this version of the game.
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Doesn't Nyxya (Harshlands) have an 18% ornament?

Also, can't 100% channeling be considered the samething as no channeling? Hence don't we already have -100% channeling from God pots and Wiz 2 spark skills?

No.

100% is when it starts to go slow again. 99% is the fastest cast you can go which is instant cast.

http://pwcalc.com/7dd2f7bcab83d708 use demon spark for the 25% extra.

Sadly, PWI has nerfed channel, or so I heard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    No.

100% is when it starts to go slow again. 99% is the fastest cast you can go which is instant cast.

http://pwcalc.com/7dd2f7bcab83d708 use demon spark for the 25% extra.

Sadly, PWI has nerfed channel, or so I heard.

b:infuriated u copied my belt and neck thats exactly my chan gear w/o the TT99 bonus set and tome...
    Didnt wanna post anything yet until i get home and try it on my mystic. Currently she can go up to 70% chan. Can use the 25% extra from demon spart and can play around with gear to see how the rapid growth can get me to 100%... will post tomorrow the results.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Its possible but takes alot of crafting and luck, but who knows?
    http://pwcalc.com/c3b6c5e4c73ea808
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Its possible but takes alot of crafting and luck, but who knows?
    http://pwcalc.com/491dc67b24d91c4c

This would not be neccesary on a mage, the demon wellspring quaff will make you have 90% cast at like 60% ct reduction. also, getting those ornaments would take around 6000 tries. If you are very lucky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Yeah with -9 ct on every part of accessoiry (which isnt impossible) you will end up with -81 ct which = insta for sage EP and dark MG
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Yeah with -9 ct on every part of accessoiry (which isnt impossible) you will end up with -81 ct which = insta for sage EP and dark MG

I am afraid but this is PWI. Would you please get used to Sage Cleric and Demon Wizard? Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Just get light armor wrist with channeling, ornaments, and rank 8 ring on a seeker with level 10+ blade affinity and have him use gemini slash. Easiest way to find out if it resets at -100% channeling.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Max channeling is when you see a lvl105 wizard casting exactly 15 skills on you in less than 3 seconds.
    Max channeling is the very same wizard who bypasses your charm and one shots you while you have 17K hp and full R9 +12.

EDIT : Kas, tell them about it lol
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    I am afraid but this is PWI. Would you please get used to Sage Cleric and Demon Wizard? Thank you.

lol wut is up with everybody QQing about pw my terms nowadays?
    im used to these names and it types way faster toob:surrender
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
    edited May 2011
    Except, there is not really much point talking about the subject of any -chan higher than 7x as it is just really not possible in this version of the game.

Savants give you -3%. You can get -13% on your weapon on Nirvana recast. You can get -12% rings. -6% on chest, -6% on wrists, I believe I saw a belt with -6% yesterday even, and necks can have -6% as well.

13 Weapon
    12 Ring
    12 Ring
    6 Chest
    12 ring
    12 ring
    6 belt
    6 neck
    3 Cape
    1 from tome
    +6 (-3% X2 savants in weapon)
    Derp... Savants give vit in gear...

There's 89 right there. Not possible my butt. >_> And don't you dare whine at me that it's impossible to get 13% on a weapon, someone freaking linked me one yesterday. They aren't common, but they are out there. And 18% is POSSIBLE on rings, but not common, 12% is probably more probable. 9% is probably easier to get though. 3% is really common. And there are a number of players with 80% and more of -channeling on the servers, so... Your point is completely invalid.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Oblio - Dreamweaver
    Oblio - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Here's an example of a ridiculous -chan weap. b:pleased

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a326/halo2sniper/Image1-2.jpg
    edited May 2011
    XD Doesn't TT99 give you a -channeling set bonus too?

And yeah, I saw a weapon more or less identical to that yesterday lmao
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited May 2011
    Savants give you -3%. You can get -13% on your weapon on Nirvana recast. You can get -12% rings. -6% on chest, -6% on wrists, I believe I saw a belt with -6% yesterday even, and necks can have -6% as well.

13 Weapon
    12 Ring
    12 Ring
    6 Chest
    12 ring
    12 ring
    6 belt
    6 neck
    3 Cape
    1 from tome
    +6 (-3% X2 savants in weapon)
    Derp... Savants give vit in gear...

There's 89 right there. Not possible my butt. >_> And don't you dare whine at me that it's impossible to get 13% on a weapon, someone freaking linked me one yesterday. They aren't common, but they are out there. And 18% is POSSIBLE on rings, but not common, 12% is probably more probable. 9% is probably easier to get though. 3% is really common. And there are a number of players with 80% and more of -channeling on the servers, so... Your point is completely invalid.

No, what I am saying is that it is unrealistic to expect to be able to get higher than 7X, using legendary/TT/Lunar/Nirv gear, sorry should have made that more clear. It is going to take many, many tries to get multiple -6 chans on any gear/orns that it is just not a viable option to expect it, and they are normally crappy 1* items with lame stats.
    And you have put ring in there 4 times btw, so -24 off that...
    edited May 2011
    No, what I am saying is that it is unrealistic to expect to be able to get higher than 7X, using legendary/TT/Lunar/Nirv gear, sorry should have made that more clear. It is going to take many, many tries to get multiple -6 chans on any gear/orns that it is just not a viable option to expect it, and they are normally crappy 1* items with lame stats.
    And you have put ring in there 4 times btw, so -24 off that...

Eh. Oops. Did that right after waking up...

I'll have to look up the set bonuses for TT99 gear... I think you can get some of that -24 back.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Qyo - Archosaur
    Qyo - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, I think is 99%, because when you reach 100% of channeling you get bugged, and you'll become more OP than an APS o.o
    edited May 2011

I'll have to look up the set bonuses for TT99 gear... I think you can get some of that -24 back.

mhm, i had a look, and its only -3 on each piece, and most pieces don't have a -6 to start with so really only the sleeves combined with the boots are the best way to go (no boots have -chan)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    im gonna guess half the pple dont read all the pages when they answer lol b:chuckle wish there was a technical GM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan