mobs that auto attack you.

HamdallaII - Dreamweaver
HamdallaII - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Suggestion Box
Please make something near the monster name to tell us if this monster will auto-attack the character, or it won't until he hit it.

Ideas of what you can use (choose one):-
1) [*] a star mark near the name of the auto-attacking mob, and the other mobs (that will not auto-attack) without this star near their names (just like normal way).

2) Color the name of auto-attacking mob in red ... the other mobs stay with white color.

3) Put any special icon in the monster tag (when you select it) for the auto-attacking mobs (like the icon for taming) ... and the other mobs without this icon.

You may find another idea, it's okay but the important thing is to make someway that we can know if this mob will auto-attack or not (other than walking near it, and mostly die :P).
Post edited by HamdallaII - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Don't worry, after like.. lvl 19 EVERY mob will auto-attack you b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    okay, it might not be quite as bad as what Waterfal's saying. but it's pretty close. b:laugh

get into the habit of treating every mob as if it'll aggro on you, just in case; by the time you hit the late 6x levels, you might encounter the rare exceptional mob that doesn't do that, and it'll be a pleasant surprise to you when you do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Check mob databases, either the ingame encyclopedia, or online. If it says they are "Active" then they will target you if they notice you. If they are "Passive" then they will only target you if you attack them, or in some cases, if you attack one of their kind.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The star thing and the icon thing do sound like good ideas, BUT you have to understand the work that would go into renaming/cataloging every single mob by name and activity just for the sake of adding a star or little aggro icon would be HUGE. I doubt today's devs are good enough. <_< They're most likely more lazy and will tell you to deal with it.

2. Will never be implemented. There's already a color system in place, where when you see a mob many times over your level, it's name will be orange, and mob's your own level are white named.

Now, aggro can be avoided if you PLAY THE GAME. <_< If a monster attacks you once by walking by it, kill it and be wary of all of that kind of mob. It's that easy. That's how us oldies survived before translated databases =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Rrrrobinrrrr - Sanctuary
    Rrrrobinrrrr - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I aggree with you on that one lol
  • HamdallaII - Dreamweaver
    HamdallaII - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Thanks all, special thanks to Bellarie helped very much.

Guess you all are right, after becoming a high level all the mobs auto-attacks you so it doesn't matter.

About the "nowadays Devs" I noticed they are lazy, but trust me I tried other games, the Devs there were dead, not lazy, so ^^ lazy is better than dead ^^ thanks Jeremied.

Anyway I was trying to make "Perfect World" Perfect as it should be. lol
  • TurboWolf - Harshlands
    TurboWolf - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The star thing and the icon thing do sound like good ideas, BUT you have to understand the work that would go into renaming/cataloging every single mob by name and activity just for the sake of adding a star or little aggro icon would be HUGE.

Actually, no.
    They would have to change only this bit:
    monster.printName(monster.name);

TO
    if(monster.isAgressive())
    monster.printName(monster.name + "*");
    else
    monster.printName(monster.name);
  • Xovo - Dreamweaver
    Xovo - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yeah! That's how hard it is, just 3-5 lines, simple visual basic. lol