MP sharding?

Ganjasmoker - Raging Tide
Ganjasmoker - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Seeker
Does it worth to shard a helm or a cape with mp shards? because seekers have a very small mp pool and vortex needs a load of mp to run..
Post edited by Ganjasmoker - Raging Tide on

Comments

• IamRoland - Harshlands
    IamRoland - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Does it worth to shard a helm or a cape with mp shards? because seekers have a very small mp pool and vortex needs a load of mp to run..

Call me fail, but yeah I dropped 2 perfect manas in my cape that I picked up out of the AH for 75k each. This along with with the +7 magic on my cape, +130MP on my neck, and a mana charm keeps me in sage vortex as long as I want without worrying about potting.
  • Ganjasmoker - Raging Tide
    Ganjasmoker - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Call me fail, but yeah I dropped 2 perfect manas in my cape that I picked up out of the AH for 75k each. This along with with the +7 magic on my cape, +130MP on my neck, and a mana charm keeps me in sage vortex as long as I want without worrying about potting.

Thats nice.
  • Armads - Lost City
    Armads - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I see nothing wrong with that. In fact, during my 59-75 levels, I wore a Crystal Headdress(3Sockets) filled with perfects. Now i'm just using herbs to keep myself filled(level 10 Vortex) and have no problems.

But yes, it is viable to put in Mana shards. however, only if it is just enough to make vortex run with a charm. no more is needed in my opinion.
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Fail.

MP Foods keep sage vortex up for me just fine.
  • IamRoland - Harshlands
    IamRoland - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ^^from the guy who didn't know how to buy books from libarian and got the wrong pages.

MP foods I can't be AFK :) ... unless I cheat.
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What I did was just buy a second helm JUST for mp. I have my warsoul helm for everyday use, but when I want to keep vortex running for a length of time I have a level 81 arcane hat with +mp and 2 perfect mp shards. Never had a problem keeping vortex going with that and a charm. Afk breaks at second boss in frost ftw xD
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Doesn't hurt, but it isn't really necessary, as at lvl 75, you can get Herb Yuanxao, which recovers 5k mp per sec, with it, you can spin around and around and around... till ya puke in the face of the cleric in your squad b:laugh
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • Knightblayde - Raging Tide
    Knightblayde - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You can keep up vortex fine with herb yuanxiao, given the fact that you use one every time you get the chance if you want to keep vortex up. Make sure your mp is full or near full when you cast vortex and use herb yuanxiao every 10 seconds u want to keep vortex up.

herb yuanxiao -> restores 5000 mp in 10 seconds

vortex -> drains ~400 mp every 1.5 seconds -> ~2800 mp drained in 10.5 seconds

I guess the only reason you would want to use mp shards is if you have an mp charm and want to afk b:laugh.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i might consider getting a full MP packed hat or something. b:surrender
    BH delta, no aura, spawn point kill, stage 1-3 cost a little over 100 MP food(from token)
    Stopping vortex everytime is kinda iffy because there are times im not ready for the mobs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i used my Ence Scar Arcane Helm from my cleric/wiz on the seeker and the added MP did help... but ya if you can live without a Helmet then I would suggest Arcane Headgear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i have helm n wrist for pve/gv. dont use main gear with mp shard.

helm got 1k mp lol wrist got 600