nerf psychic ?

Comments

• SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Psychics aren't that OP with your "average" equips. But with 50-60k soulforce and 120 DEF levels, yea, they become the most OP class in the game.
    Yes but only a SMALL handful of people can achieve that so not exactly game breakingb:surrender.

That, and the fact that very few even play as Psy's, (at least on my server anyway) most are Assassins, or Fist/Axe BMs. So there is no need for nerfing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This right here. ^^

A rank 9 sin with the same gear refine levels etc. can pop out of stealth and one shot damn near anyone. Sorry, but it isn't a class in particular that is "OP", it is the +12 cash shop gear, and for how much it costs it damn well better be "OP".

If you wanna cry that you get killed easy by psychics, you should look at your build and gear. Are you an aps **** with unleveled skills, evasion ornaments and +2 armor with no or flawless stones? If you answered "yes", then kindly shut up and go away; you built your character for PvE, specifically against bosses with little or no magic damage. PvP builds will kill PvE builds in PvP, it's pretty simple. The same reason you don't want me in your nirvana squad is the reason I can blast you into itty-bitty-bits from a safe distance. Every class has some counter-moves available to them against almost anything, learning to play in a variety of situations may help.... I can roll-face through nirvana =/= I can hold my own in TW/PvP.

I have to agree with all that's said here.

Mainly for the fact how freaking often do you see anyone really wanting a psyc/magic class other then cleric for nirvana not often at all....it's only '4-5aps now now for nirvana nothing else' ** the 5apers don't even need freaking clerics in nirvana runs any more. :/ So bleh. How about go nerf everything let all the cash shoppers QQ and quit then maybe all of you can shut the hell up? Seriously...
  • /Jero/ - Archosaur
    /Jero/ - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ye cuz if there is any class that needs a nerf is a psy right? sins are perfectly blanced
  • XCurse - Dreamweaver
    XCurse - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    leave us alone b:angry psys not OP at all b:chuckle all the QQ is about seals. get over it and use will surg [gennie skill] b:bye
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The argument of "only a small number of people can achieve that" isn't very valid in this game where you can achieve anything by swiping a visa.

Psys are mostly balanced, but soul of silence/stunning need to have a cap, they get incredibly OP with ideal equips.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    For people that say every class is equally strong with +12... I doubt you have the perspective to judge.

Again sins are far more imbalanced than psys. The biggest issue with psy is the scaling of soul of stunning / silence with like 45k+ soul force. The issues with sins are far more numerous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I say if anyone with a red name tags nerfe them untell there white againb:shutup
  • mark912
    mark912 Posts: 15
    edited May 2011
    Sorry about this,but this is a fail thread.Why do people complain about psy,when a bunch of sins can stealth and get to the boss in every freakin cave?How is that fair?Stealth should be effective on mobs that are like 5 lvls higher than the player.As someone said,the only classes that should be nerfed are assasins.But they won't do that,cause sins are money sinks,and we all know how PWI has an "addiction" to money.So I guess the game stays unbalanced untill its end.
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I think the Psychic is just fine as it is, They strong like mages are, you get close to them they pop like a balloon, I don't see an issue here, sorry b:bye
  • Marielle - Raging Tide
    Marielle - Raging Tide Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    discuss

err, "nerf psychic", right ?

watch it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CUMEb5lNIUb:bye
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011

watch it

This video simply taught me how to farm herbs. I see no relevance to the topic at hand. b:cute
  • Agatio - Harshlands
    Agatio - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    discuss
    wtf is with this nerf threads, there was only 1 small nerf in whole pw history o0
    (sin's 3rd spark in stealth)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    wtf is with this nerf threads, there was only 1 small nerf in whole pw history o0
    (sin's 3rd spark in stealth)

I see your "one small sin nerf" and raise you Venomancer's Swimming Mastery skill.
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I can't take anybody serious from RT and Archo servers anymore...they're just so hilarious. You would nerf Psychics before nurfing Sins? Your priorities are WAY WAY WAY out of whack.

Better yet, how about nurfing Mystics or Seekers first? Or is everybody going to wait until AFTER people start buying Rank 9 and killing everything in sight, just like they waited until after people started R9 with their Psychics? (Because honestly, after Rank came out, that's when people began to whine about Psychics.)

Although, being that my main is an "endgame" Psychic....I can see where this is coming from.

Psychics hit hard. I'm not even going to try denying that we don't, because we do. Our fast channeling times make it VERY hard for people like BM's (who, by the way, don't have one of those telestuntrololol skills) to reach us before they get ticked or just plain die. Our barriers can easily oneshot anything stupid enough to try and hit us. (Every 30 seconds...with instant cast time.) We have AoE Heal/Purify, AoE Bleed (my favorite) and a bunch of other nasty things that make us a general pain in the *** to hit. (Now stick 10k HP on it. Sucks, doesn't it?)

It's NOT that hard to defeat an endgame Psychic! I don't see why people are whining about it now all of a sudden. A few months ago people were counting us out as a "useless class". (Kind of like how they're treating Seekers now....*cough*)

(I say it's not hard to beat Psychics. That doesn't mean I'm about to tell you how to do it.)
    b:chuckle

The only REAL problem are (this is the punchline...) the Cash Shopping Psychics; the People who can AFFORD to get Rank +12 or Nirvana (like, who does THAT anymore) +12. If you tried fighting me, or people with gear like mine (TT90 +6) you wouldn't have much of an issue because we're wearing "standard gear" with "average" refines.
    If you tried fighting someone like urDian, who has LITERALLY every piece of gear (R9) +12 yes, you would probably (not even probably, you totally would,) oneshot yourself.

So, I would suggest simply nurfing the amount of soulforce a Psychic gets with their gear, ESPECIALLY RANK GEAR. IMO, if you didn't work for something (like Nirvana) you honestly shouldn't be getting that kind of INSANE benefit over those who have. End of story.
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yet another nerf some other class has gone into QQ bout nerfing sins, lock it already how many more threads liek that are ****ing needed? NOTHING will get nerfed or fixed in this game, full stop!
  • unnknow
    unnknow Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    To cut a long story short,R9 gear is the gear that effed up the entire game.
    WTG Pwi :D
  • Ugly - Heavens Tear7
    Ugly - Heavens Tear7 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Nerf=Nerd psychics
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    all needed is to cap soulforce at idk maybe 30/35k?

aps got cap, channel got cap, give soulforce a cap? i dont see a problem. when hitting those +12, it's impossible to me, to hit 3 times in row without get sealed for way too long. it's a bit too much.
    sin is nowhere near that op'ness, sin is good stealth yes, but they are killable even at full +12's, psy become a worldboss.

either make soulforce capped at something or make buffs able to be purged.

and i know a normal geared psy is no prob, but soulforce cap wouldnt affect them anyway, as they get nowhere near cap.. lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Marielle - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    This video simply taught me how to farm herbs. I see no relevance to the topic at hand. b:cute

oops, srryb:surrender
    all needed is to cap soulforce at idk maybe 30/35k?

aps got cap, channel got cap, give soulforce a cap? i dont see a problem. when hitting those +12, it's impossible to me, to hit 3 times in row without get sealed for way too long. it's a bit too much.
    sin is nowhere near that op'ness, sin is good stealth yes, but they are killable even at full +12's, psy become a worldboss.

either make soulforce capped at something or make buffs able to be purged.

and i know a normal geared psy is no prob, but soulforce cap wouldnt affect them anyway, as they get nowhere near cap.. lol

world boss .. lolwut ?

It's unfair, say against r9 psy+12. and refuse to open one's mouth about r9 barb +12 and his armab:angry

And what about unique genies' skills for old classes and poor fishes =( What about wizzies' undine strike, earth shield, spark (genie), 79 m def skill, three powerful 2 spark aoe.. maybe it's more op then fishies, and should nerf if firstb:chuckle

Or.. stop this silly trollin' about nerf some classes/
    I can't take anybody serious from RT and Archo servers anymore...

Yeah.. we 're.. funnyb:cool
    edited May 2011
    oops, srryb:surrender

world boss .. lolwut ?

did u ever try face one.

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Marielle - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    did u ever try face one.

neverb:sad

but i believe u should comment:
    about r9 barb +12 and his armab:angry
    edited May 2011
    neverb:sad

but i believe u should comment:

who the hell cares its 1 hit every 30 sec at max lol. not soem machine going around killing everything.
    and melee.

thats not op. its good. like most R9 its rly nice full +12. but psy got an edge got of the extreme soulforce amount. nothing else.

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited May 2011

watch it

Not shown: Cheze soloed Harpy Wraith as a Sage Archer on Dreamweaver (with fist or claws, I forget which) long before he had a Sin alt on a different server. He also used to solo Nirvies on said Archer, which at the time everyone thought was impossible. There's also been several BMs who can solo it.

So, nerf Sage Archer and BMs along with Sins? As long as I've known him--I used to be in Equinox with him, before he switched servers--Cheze has always been disgustingly and awesomely overpowered. Granted, I'm sure the Sin solo of Harpy was a lot easier than the Archer solo...

There's also been several Psys who have come close to soloing Harpy Wraith. A lot closer than any Veno, Cleric, or Wiz, anyway. Posting an anecdotal video is immaterial to the issue at hand: while Sins can faceroll just about anything to death and are considered overpowered, top tier Sins are usually only evenly matched with top tier Psychics if they can stealth in time after a kill attempt fails, and that's with a buff that reduces the chance of being sealed by 50%/66%
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Wow...looks like many rtards are playing on this server?
    Psychic is far more OP than assasins with common gear(+7 armor +10 weap).
    They are like insta cast and insane damage, this is already OP, but in addition they also get soulforce which seems to seal the enemy with every hit they take and an insane def lvl.

Nah they're not OP...lol damn fools
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Marielle - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Not shown: Cheze soloed Harpy Wraith as a Sage Archer on Dreamweaver (with fist or claws, I forget which) long before he had a Sin alt on a different server.

Cheze never soloed Harpy as archer.
    Cheze tanked Harpy as archer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_LghNlSUcs&feature=channel_video_title

One word.. bloodsuck, u understand me, rigth?b:chuckle
    who the hell cares its 1 hit every 30 sec at max lol.

I care about it, the hell, lolb:cool
  • Marielle - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    They are like insta cast and insane damage, this is already OP, but in addition they also get soulforce which seems to seal the enemy with every hit they take and an insane def lvl.

Well
    http://www.ecatomb.net/

Genie's skills

1 .Aquaflame Armor

Energy 95
    Stamina 400
    Instant
    Cooldown 60 seconds
    Requisite Class Wizard only

Combines the powers of Fire and Water into a chaotic shield.
    Reduces the damage you take by 20% for 10 seconds,
    then increases the damage you take by 20% for 10 seconds.

Dexterity: Every 8 Genie Dexterity points increases the damage reduction by 1%.
    Dexterity: Every 8 Genie Dexterity points reduces the damage increase by 1%.

2. Spark

Range 20 meters
    Energy 62
    Stamina 413
    Instant
    Cooldown 40 seconds
    Requisite Class All

Burn the target with a smoldering flame. Causes 891.1 Fire damage and
    lowers the target's Fire resistance by 30% for 6 seconds.

Dexterity: Every Genie Dexterity points increases the damage by 6.7.
    Dexterity: Every Genie Dexterity points increases the Fire Resistance reduction by 0.7%.

Spark without undine (3rd round) in action =
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUgmbS4EnCM&feature=related

Stone Barrier

Mana 265
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cast 1.2 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Void
    Focus all of your energy to form an earthen barrier
    around yourself. Increases Earth Resistance by 120%
    and physical defense by 120% for 15 minutes.

Only one elemental shell can be activated at a time.
    Requires 30 Chi.

Demon version increases physical defense by 150%.

Yeah, it's ok when wizzy has 20-25 k p def and he's allowed hit on 0% magic (fire) def.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You are like....all 32 flavors of stupid.
    Since WHEN does anybody +7 "common" gear? Herp durp

Yes, and Assassins can resist all that damage....and turn invisible...and get a spark from that.

You're not related to Yulk are you?
    Because you sound like it.

Idiot.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    You're not related to Yulk are you?
    Because you sound like it.

Idiot.

Umm idk what world you live in but every random idiot 100+ is running around with +10 - +12 weap and heavily refined armor, because most ppl like to still waste money on this game.
    And, the funny thing is that you know im right but you start hating because you probably have a TB main toob:bye

and @the other guy, my mg on priv servers has like 20k pdef and 18k hp at 150, so i doubt anyone would get 25k here :)
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009
  • Marielle - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    and @the other guy, my mg on priv servers has like 20k pdef and 18k hp at 150, so i doubt anyone would get 25k here :)

Pure mag wizzy.
    http://pwcalc.com/456915d992abe645

Only one item dont implement yet (a book)

105 lvl, 17388 hp, 42787 p def,

items for genie - all for dex/vit (+4/+4), so..
    116 dex, 50 mag, 41 vit, 5 str.

Spark (genie)
    Dexterity: Every Genie Dexterity points increases the Fire Resistance reduction by 0.7%
    100 dex = 70 % reduce.

70% fire reduce + 60% f.red. on undine = zero, absolute zero, in emenies' statsb:sad

So is it op or not?
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Idk where you would get the +170 def stones?
    and 18k/16k > 26k/13k....ijsb:surrender

you are gonna need more -ct aswellb:shocked

http://pwcalc.com/990d78ae43766079
    pewpew
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Aug 12, 2009