Seekers and Nirvana

Eraldus - Sanctuary
Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Seeker
Ok, gotta ask this now.

Will seekers ever get their place on a nirvana squad?
Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
Post edited by Eraldus - Sanctuary on

Comments

• LovieBooo - Raging Tide
    LovieBooo - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    get in to a nice op guild that takes theyr bad geared people and theyr mages to nirvana
    other ways idk it will be hard to get squad people preferr veno over seeker
  • Staryu - Dreamweaver
    Staryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    http://pwcalc.com/c5e7a4b4d566de3d

Get something like that and the nice aps groups might consider it. Even with demon heart shatter, your amp will still be better than a veno. Make sure to get tangling mire/impact combo too, that's like 70% armor break with 100 str.
  • EarthWormSam - Sanctuary
    EarthWormSam - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Get something like that and the nice aps groups might consider it. Even with demon heart shatter, your amp will still be better than a veno. Make sure to get tangling mire/impact combo too, that's like 70% armor break with 100 str.

Lol funny to see that still everyone thinks that APS is the "shizzle" on a seeker. Our skills won't go quicker with interval (only the basic attacks). Our "Amps/Debuffs" are very sweet. I have no trouble finding a squad.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011

^^

He would first have to GET into nirvana runs to get that....

Pickup niv runs? prob not... faction runs? never a problem. A well geared seeker is needed in TW yannno?
  • Bunny_slayer - Harshlands
    Bunny_slayer - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Squadded with a seeker in nirvana for the first time yesterday, and the run went pretty good. So IMO, yes seekers will get their place in a nirvana squad, as soon as everyone is made aware of what they can do.

Anyway, the squad was composed of the following toons: 2 BM's, Sin, Barb (vit build), cleric and seeker. Everyone in the squad was so impressed by the seeker's debuffs/amps that we (well me at least) decided to make a seeker alt b:pleased
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Shatterer skills only work with skills, they do not work with the regular attack. Just put one up on a mob and put your cursor over the icon, it says right there it increases the skill damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    we have been taking our friends seeker inplace of his sin, and the squad hasnt slowed down much at all

plus >.> the 3rd boss with the foxes is SOOO much nicer with a seeker. Run a bit behind the boss and set up vortex, BOOM done
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Friends and I did the calculations of their sins damage vs my BM/Seeker, as the Seeker's defense level debuffs apply to everything, in all runs that don't have at least 2 of the ampable bosses spawn on the 3 random boss spawns, Seeker comes out on top for party dps.

However the calculations were done only considering 2 5aps Stage1/r6 sins both +10 or better plus the +7 Deicides 5.0 BM's damage+debuff vs the Seeker at 1.67aps +5 r8 though the seeker's damage was ignored in figuring out if the sins do more damage with Seeker + them than they do with the BMs damage + theirs. As the rest of the party would be considered under normal circumstances, it's probably closer to unless all 3 ampable bosses spawn the run would be quicker with the Seeker, which has a lower chance of happening than not, the Seeker provides the party a speedier run than a +7 deicide 5aps BM.

On the point of Heart Shatter that was stated earlier in the thread, the only things that seem notably affected by the Shatter skills are other skills, as the description says. So the only notable effect of Heart Shatter would be on the skills used by the 5aps, not on their normal attacks (the majority of their actions). On the other hand, the Shatter skills add a greater variety of other classes able to be taken on a relatively equal basis, so in effect, the Seeker not only makes a 2 sin party more damaging than a bm, it also makes the viable party structure for the remainder fully dynamic, Wizard, Psychic being some of the best potential addition, Archer or Cleric being second best, and so on.
    plus >.> the 3rd boss with the foxes is SOOO much nicer with a seeker. Run a bit behind the boss and set up vortex, BOOM done

If your friend is Sage, have him Voidstep to the boss and set up a Sage Vortex right there, no running required
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This one is Demon, the sage isnt 100 yet, but either way we found u have to run PAST the boss, or u dont get the two furtherest out mobs
  • Knightblayde - Raging Tide
    Knightblayde - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wow, I'm impressed reading the success stories here. I can't wait to get to 100 on my Seeker (currently level 96 as I write this and usually a primary FC target when I log on lol) b:victory. On my server, there have been some rare requests for a Seeker option in Nirvana announced in world chat, and I hope that may change soon.
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Oh great! That was nice to know.

I was worried that my fav class would've been left out Nirvana squads.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • Antithesis - Raging Tide
    Antithesis - Raging Tide Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I run pro Nirv, ijs.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011

isnt the mag defense a tad too low? >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RodaPiao - Raging Tide
    RodaPiao - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Northen Sky Waltz and the 3 Shatter skills seems good for nirvana.