Mystic Gltiching

Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
It's become pretty rampant. The few times I've been out in the area around TT/Town of Arrivals, I've found myself watching Mystics glitch mobs.

It's starting to get annoying. Back in 2008/2009 when this was 'discovered', it was pretty well known that you would get banned for doing this. However, I've sent in a few tickets about this happening recently, including a freaking VIDEO of it, and every day for the next week, I just happened to catch a glimpse of one person, still playing, that I sent in a ticket about.

So is glitching not bannable anymore? Do the GM's not care?

Since this glitch hasn't been fixed, or even worked on, since alpha, I'm guessing, I'm pretty sure it NEVER will get fixed, and therefore, like the BH29 glitch (which pretty much has ruined that entire instance for Sins since, well, they can slap a band-aid on that not-glitch), it's just not going to get enforced anymore. =\

Makes me kinda sad. But kinda not, because these are gonna be the people who die repeatedly in BH, on AOEs and from mobs... And especially in FCC. I build my characters for survivability. People who glitch, do they even know if they can survive? They never get to find out until it's too late to change anything in their build...

QQ finished now. >_>

Edit: And since, quite obviously, the GM's don't care, I'm not gonna bother sending in tickets anymore. >_>
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Assassinal - Heavens Tear
    Assassinal - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just play the game. I doubt anyone really cares anymore if someone glitches a mob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggy by Silvychar.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    its really when u are glitching a boss or all the mobs you kill or something to get an advantage. 1 mob isnt going to hurt, its the games mechanics/fault for being that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Irae - Harshlands
    Irae - Harshlands Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    QQ moar. Also stop being so self-righteous that you have to send a ticket in every time you see something you don't llike.
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ...its the games mechanics/fault for being that way.

While I'm personally long past caring what petty exploits someone uses, I will say this:
    Just because the game is flawed does not excuse the individual from taking advantage of it.

So no. It's not the game's fault, it's the person who chooses to glitch that's to blame. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • Irae - Harshlands
    Irae - Harshlands Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Don't Hate The Playa Hate The Game
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You sound like 99% of the game is broken and every idiot is abusing the bugs...

its only few mobs, this doesnt make any player fail the complete game.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    By glitching mobs do you mean - send pet from air and the mob bugs and cant hit back?

Kinda how venos use to solo Gouf with the nix lol. I dont know any other way you would glitch mobs really or maybe i'm missing something?

Seems like a pretty harmless glitch to me anyway. You dont finish quests much faster and you dont level much faster. Just allows you to be lazy since you dont have to watch your back and only have to heal the pet/summon. Most people will log their main and solo bosses for their alt Mystic anyway, since multiclient is allowed so glitching culti-bosses is kinda pointless.

But yeah use to get banned for stuff like bugging bosses and pulling through the closed door in Fb29 if someone reported you with SS or a GM popped up, think they stopped caring about it. There are way more devastating glitches being abused in this game than bugging a few mobs.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's become pretty rampant. The few times I've been out in the area around TT/Town of Arrivals, I've found myself watching Mystics glitch mobs.

It's starting to get annoying. Back in 2008/2009 when this was 'discovered', it was pretty well known that you would get banned for doing this. However, I've sent in a few tickets about this happening recently, including a freaking VIDEO of it, and every day for the next week, I just happened to catch a glimpse of one person, still playing, that I sent in a ticket about.

Since this glitch hasn't been fixed, or even worked on, since alpha, I'm guessing, I'm pretty sure it NEVER will get fixed, and therefore, like the BH29 glitch (which pretty much has ruined that entire instance for Sins since, well, they can slap a band-aid on that not-glitch), it's just not going to get enforced anymore. =\

Makes me kinda sad. But kinda not, because these are gonna be the people who die repeatedly in BH, on AOEs and from mobs... And especially in FCC. I build my characters for survivability. People who glitch, do they even know if they can survive? They never get to find out until it's too late to change anything in their build...

QQ finished now. >_>

Edit: And since, quite obviously, the GM's don't care, I'm not gonna bother sending in tickets anymore. >_>

Probably a troll thread but...

Who cares if you glitch mobs anymore lol..?Quite frankly it is easier to glitch a mob than kill a mob the normal way._. .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You should be glad people are grinding instead of doing bh/fc only.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i've noticed this, that Mystics fighting mobs from the air are more likely to have the mob frozen and not fighting back, than a veno doing the same thing. i've always preferred to fight mobs from the air than on land....easier to get away if more than one mob moves in on my pet and i. but with my Mystic, about a quarter of the time the mob freezes, and i have to land to make it move and fight back. yeah, i could take the easy way and kill it when its not fighting back, but thats cheating, according to game rules. and the rules are in place to make things fair for all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Zhen - Raging Tide
    Zhen - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Probably a troll thread but...

Who cares if you glitch mobs anymore lol..?Quite frankly it is easier to glitch a mob than kill a mob the normal way._. .

lol this guy likes to troll or something?b:chuckle
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Just play the game. I doubt anyone really cares anymore if someone glitches a mob.

>_> Then why the hell is there a freaking rule about it? If it's not going to be enforced, can they PLEASE un-break BH29, and remove the ridiculous rule about that instance too, since it can be glitched too?
    its really when u are glitching a boss or all the mobs you kill or something to get an advantage. 1 mob isnt going to hurt, its the games mechanics/fault for being that way.

Yeah? I watched a level 32 Mystic glitch Gouf. And it's really not "1 mob", these people send their summon out, and if the mob hits back, they pull the summon back, let the mob reset, then try again until the mob glitches. I'm not saying all Mystics do this, but I've seen one or two do this...
    QQ moar. Also stop being so self-righteous that you have to send a ticket in every time you see something you don't llike.

It has NOTHING to do with being self-righteous. If mystics can glitch mobs/bosses, then I should be able to Glitch TT/BH29 all I want, with no repercussions.
    Don't Hate The Playa Hate The Game

>_> I'm starting to. Believe me.
    You sound like 99% of the game is broken and every idiot is abusing the bugs...

its only few mobs, this doesnt make any player fail the complete game.

Not really... Some of these people are gonna glitch 99% of the time. These people are the idiots who, when they get into the 70's, have the worst possible gear (yeah, I ran into a level 7x mystic with the quest gear you get in your teens), no HP, and no survivability. Then they **** bricks at the squad when they die because of MILD AOE.

There IS a benefit to actually having a mob in your face every now and then. You learn what you can do and cannot do. And these mystics that are exclusive to glitching... They are learning nothing while doing it.

I leveled a Veno from 1-65 before BH existed. I did my FB19 in a squad of level 19 venos and a level 19 cleric. It required effort, time, and skill. I'm sad that today, nobody gets the opportunity to experience that, unless they make a concentrated effort to do it like that (it was the ONLY option when I did my FB19).
    You should be glad people are grinding instead of doing bh/fc only.

They aren't grinding, they're questing. >_>
    i've noticed this, that Mystics fighting mobs from the air are more likely to have the mob frozen and not fighting back, than a veno doing the same thing. i've always preferred to fight mobs from the air than on land....easier to get away if more than one mob moves in on my pet and i. but with my Mystic, about a quarter of the time the mob freezes, and i have to land to make it move and fight back. yeah, i could take the easy way and kill it when its not fighting back, but thats cheating, according to game rules. and the rules are in place to make things fair for all.

I don't know if you learned this or not from questing/grinding, but...

When you're in the air, and fighting mobs on the ground, you incur a damage penalty.

It's faster to use a ground pet, and be on the ground, and just kill the mobs normally. Unless you can just have a mob that doesn't hit back, then it's easier to kill it in your own sweet, sweet time.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't know if you learned this or not from questing/grinding, but...

When you're in the air, and fighting mobs on the ground, you incur a damage penalty.

It's faster to use a ground pet, and be on the ground, and just kill the mobs normally. Unless you can just have a mob that doesn't hit back, then it's easier to kill it in your own sweet, sweet time.
    Mystic pets don't get a penalty.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
    edited April 2011
    Mystic pets don't get a penalty.

You quoted me telling a Veno that...

And that does explain why Mystics are so glitch happy. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I soloed Kimsa on my mystic like that, levitating in the air and he became sort of frozen b:laugh
  • Demonicin - Lost City
    Demonicin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I leveled a Veno from 1-65 before BH existed. I did my FB19 in a squad of level 19 venos and a level 19 cleric. It required effort, time, and skill. I'm sad that today, nobody gets the opportunity to experience that, unless they make a concentrated effort to do it like that (it was the ONLY option when I did my FB19).

oh boohoo cry me a river not everyone likes doing bh and quests, they have a right to lvl up however they choose b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i live my life just the way i feel
    i'm a gangster and i gotta keep it real
    edited April 2011
    oh boohoo cry me a river not everyone likes doing bh and quests, they have a right to lvl up however they choose b:shutup

And I should be able to make money however I choose. So let me glitch TT.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not really... Some of these people are gonna glitch 99% of the time. These people are the idiots who, when they get into the 70's, have the worst possible gear (yeah, I ran into a level 7x mystic with the quest gear you get in your teens), no HP, and no survivability. Then they **** bricks at the squad when they die because of MILD AOE.

There IS a benefit to actually having a mob in your face every now and then. You learn what you can do and cannot do. And these mystics that are exclusive to glitching... They are learning nothing while doing it.

I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but i dont get your agrument of gear.
    1. I leveld my Char till lvl84 without any BH and FC, you can see my Joining Date on Forum. So i dont really need an explenation about how hard it was back then.

2. If this Mystic knows how to glitch then he is obviously NOT fail, rather thinks with his brain for his own benefit

3. Gearwise, its actually not needed anyway till lvl80, cause you level way to fast due BH.

4. If he still does all his Quests to get his gear, then he wont end up Fail. Most likely even more expirienced than noobs who pay for FC heads.

5. I know enough Venos who abused this glitch as well with their Bee, to be honest i dont give a fux. Cause even if they would fail due it later on in game, its their loss not mine.

Edit: Back then people reported Venos for doing this, cause they been killing a boss that they needed. They came to Kimsa and he was at 25%, and since Bee hits only sh*t, they had to wait 30min more to kill the boss. This is the only reason why people would report back then someone. whats your reasons?
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Seriously? Same person b1tching and saying you were reporting people for having different hairstyles than there race should have? You really need to stop caring about other people and worry about yourself. I doubt you have many friends acting like a paranoid narc all the time.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    And I should be able to make money however I choose. So let me glitch TT.

Lol, go glitch TT. No one watches you in there and sends in videos of you glitching things. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • SaiIorMoon - Lost City
    SaiIorMoon - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2011

QQ finished now. >_>

Aren't you the same person who cried about people with "different race" hair styles? And didn't you even try for a ****ing year to get the same person banned? Why are you so mad?[
    edited April 2011
    I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but i dont get your agrument of gear.
    1. I leveld my Char till lvl84 without any BH and FC, you can see my Joining Date on Forum. So i dont really need an explenation about how hard it was back then.

2. If this Mystic knows how to glitch then he is obviously NOT fail, rather thinks with his brain for his own benefit

3. Gearwise, its actually not needed anyway till lvl80, cause you level way to fast due BH.

4. If he still does all his Quests to get his gear, then he wont end up Fail. Most likely even more expirienced than noobs who pay for FC heads.

5. I know enough Venos who abused this glitch as well with their Bee, to be honest i dont give a fux. Cause even if they would fail due it later on in game, its their loss not mine.

>_> I've given up on reporting people over anything in this game, really.

I don't really care about your points. I've run into too many people, mostly Arcane users, in the 60-80 level range, who have the absolute minimum amount of HP that they possibly can have (5 vit, no shards in their gear, no refines), and THROW A HUGE FIT when they die due to the very first AOE in BH/TT/whatever. I LIKE doing BH, mostly because it's how I figure out how well built my character is, and what I need to work on. I put time and effort into building my characters, and getting good gear. I'm not insistant on THE BEST, but if my Sin takes aggro on Rankar, I want to be able to freaking SURVIVE. I ended up tanking Rankar and Wyvern last time I did BH51, because the Barb flat out couldn't (he died before I even attacked).

I know that not everyone has a high level main, or the desire to spend much/anything on their alts... But if you're gonna do something... Maybe you should do it right, and at least make some kind of attempt at being successful?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited April 2011
    Aren't you the same person who cried about people with "different race" hair styles? And didn't you even try for a ****ing year to get the same person banned? Why are you so mad?[

Uh, no? b:puzzled

I voted 'don't care' on that poll, and posted about as much in that topic?

Go troll someone else.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Anyone named after Sailormoon is obviously a troll.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I soloed Kimsa on my mystic like that, levitating in the air and he became sort of frozen b:laugh

Yeah, Kimsa and Gouf are the only bosses I can think of that can be glitched out. They are close range melee though, I believe, which means that, in theory, one should be able to do this with any boss that uses close-range melee and doesn't run.

Honestly, some quest bosses are much easier this way. Kimsa is a good example, seeing as it took me forever to get a squad to fight him.