Zhen - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
discuss
Post edited by Zhen - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you want to troll at least make a nerf wiz thread while your at it....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Psychics aren't that OP with your "average" equips. But with 50-60k soulforce and 120 DEF levels, yea, they become the most OP class in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    discuss
    Psychics aren't that OP with your "average" equips. But with 50-60k soulforce and 120 DEF levels, yea, they become the most OP class in the game.

Yes but only a SMALL handful of people can achieve that so not exactly game breakingb:surrender.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If they left SoV with it's current cool down, but lost at death. It would take that OPness out..
  • Toonsurfer - Sanctuary
    Toonsurfer - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Psychics are only really OP when you invest LARGE amounts of time or money into them, The normal psy is good but its not game breaking........besides if i am going to spend that kinda money and time to make my psy a truly earth shattering character it had better good enough to handle itself in a fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Essentially everyone seems to think assasins are op, but if you spend a couple billion coins on a psy, you will kill those op assasins no problems...I did not spend so much on a sin to think that should be allowed.

Nerf them QQ
  • Zhen - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011

i sat they become a World Boss
    vristion wrote: »
    If they left SoV with it's current cool down, but lost at death. It would take that OPness out..
    u cant purge SoV or SoS. b:surrender SoS + 50k soul force = seal every hit
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Exactly.

The 120 defense levels I don't think is so OP, as defense level has diminishing returns and the moment that's purged off (71 levels), a Psy is screwed. (yes, we're that squishy)

Soulforce however does get too high. 30% chance of silence is too much, and Soul of Vengeance becomes more than just collateral damage.

Nerf how much Soulforce a +11-+12 weapon gives. +12 weapon provides 15000 soulforce, effectively doubling a Psychics base soulforce at level 100. Lowering that would make a huge difference. That or simply raise the amounts needed for high soul of silence/soul of vengeance.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i sat they become a World Boss

u cant purge SoV or SoS. b:surrender SoS + 50k soul force = seal every hit

Why not just say "nerf everyone with +12 gears" instead. I doubt your mage can even kill a full +12 full r9 bm if they had buffs and were in magic marrow.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    reduce soulforce gained from rank 9 down to that of g 15 vana

fixed, dont need to nerf the class so much as nerf the gear
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    CS psychics encourages ganking, which is the point of an mmo: play with others.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011

touche
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the grade of gear doesn't determine the soulforce it's the refinement on the gear. For example, I can have the starting soulsphere and +12 it and has the same amount of soulforce as the rank9 wep +12
    reduce soulforce gained from rank 9 down to that of g 15 vana

fixed, dont need to nerf the class so much as nerf the gear

and to some other people +12 I think gives 36k soulforce if your like 101, so you need to +12 ALL your other gear to actually reach 50k+ and how many psychics really have that? Maybe 2 on my server
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    And what if the psy is also playing with others? Kinda hard to kill him when he's not alone and it takes 5 people a good 2 minutes to kill him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    And what if the psy is also playing with others? Kinda hard to kill him when he's not alone and it takes 5 people a good 2 minutes to kill him.

No one said 5 people is the max for pvp.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Zhen - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Why not just say "nerf everyone with +12 gears" instead. I doubt your mage can even kill a full +12 full r9 bm if they had buffs and were in magic marrow.
    Ofc Mag can kill other class but mad doesn't have the buff that seal the person that atks every hit
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Seems to me that every character is tough to beat when it has fully loaded with +12 gear. Each character in its own way.
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    hell yes do it its not like i am pk by 5 aps sin and archers tons of time . do so it make us more killable. sick of tw's and pker. i feel useless as it can get on bh or fc as is. now nerf us. and make use week for no us in bh gv also. nice do like i care any moreb:shutup
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    As someone else said any class with +12 gear is going to be difficult, im sure a wizard with this kind of gear is just as deadly, plus with their earth shield they have insane amounts of pdef. Plus they could one shot anything, I already see rank 8 wizards one shotting barbs and even other magic classes (like me). Just part of the PVP and knowing how to deal with the class. Most magic classes have physical attacks, a psychic doesn't have one so that at least slighty limits us verus other magic people, of course there are ways around this such as soulforce but with normal geared people it isn't that great of a factor. I got 20k soulforce and people arn't getting silenced off me every 1-2 hits nor do you always have a chance to use soulburn on every single target because it requires a spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lol, leave the poor psy's alone. It's not as if they are a faceroll class that can take on the world with junk gear. If they don't have some available perk, no one will play them.
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Lol, leave the poor psy's alone. It's not as if they are a faceroll class that can take on the world with junk gear. If they don't have some available perk, no one will play them.

so are bm's and we get the worst rank 9 in game
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    so are bm's and we get the worst rank 9 in game

I have fought well geared BM's and on them I do less damage to them then on a magic class. Even though your rank 9 isn't good for PVE you would destroy everything in PVP with that kind of attack level boost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amrd - Raging Tide
    Amrd - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    About nerf psychics, if we are so OP then you would see more people rolling psychic. But go to RT and check the spawn points. Theres 20 sins for every psychic that appears. You know why? Cause psychics don't have instant OP factor. To be OP with psychic you need to be insanely refined and geared, and that is ridiculously hard. Of the 6 full rank 9 psychics on my server only 1 of them was not cashshopped - and he only managed to get it because he saved up billions from merchanting an ENTIRE YEAR.

Also for people that say sins aren't OP, I played a rank 8 sin w/ +4 daggers and no charm. I managed to kill an equally geared or better psychic without them getting a shot off. Same with clerics and other AA. If they expel I just stealth escape wait for expel to be gone then I gank again and kill just fine. Tell me how sins aren't OP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    I have fought well geared BM's and on them I do less damage to them then on a magic class. Even though your rank 9 isn't good for PVE you would destroy everything in PVP with that kind of attack level boost. unless they have decent phys def/hp/def level

rank 9 axes hurt but they honestly dont hit nearly hard enough to be considered a threat to other rank 9 players w/o consecutive zerks and crits and have no real ability to kill another HA target its basicly GX's at 90 all over again

point was both bm's and psys are non faceroll skill based classes, bm's even more so than psys, so if the barbs random as hell justification that psy rank is horrificly OP to compensate for this then can bm's have some totaly unbalanced engame gear that lets us tank 4-5 people with +10-12 weapons at once as well?
  • Chuck_N - Lost City
    Chuck_N - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just reroll an archer and get 9jun bow. After 5 or so hits you will purge the psy and they will be easy to kill.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Class is mostly fine but soulforce from full +12 gets too high for Soul of Stunning and Soul of Silence. No other class has skills that change behavior at +12... it's a strange intersection of cash shopping and game mechanics. They should probably cap soul force at like 25k or so, specifically for those 2 skills. There is nothing wrong with a +12 psychic having a strong soul of vengeance and soulburn.

Still at least you can see them. Sins set an impossibly high standard for what is considered OP in this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • omfgiggles
    omfgiggles Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    im a noob when im a pys
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This poll is stupid, Psychic are not overpowered. Post me a video of a psychic soloing Harpy Wraith and I MAY consider it, otherwise no. The only overpowered class in this game is assassins.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ..psy don't need nerfing..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This poll is stupid, Psychic are not overpowered. Post me a video of a psychic soloing Harpy Wraith and I MAY consider it, otherwise no. The only overpowered class in this game is assassins.

This right here. ^^

A rank 9 sin with the same gear refine levels etc. can pop out of stealth and one shot damn near anyone. Sorry, but it isn't a class in particular that is "OP", it is the +12 cash shop gear, and for how much it costs it damn well better be "OP".

If you wanna cry that you get killed easy by psychics, you should look at your build and gear. Are you an aps **** with unleveled skills, evasion ornaments and +2 armor with no or flawless stones? If you answered "yes", then kindly shut up and go away; you built your character for PvE, specifically against bosses with little or no magic damage. PvP builds will kill PvE builds in PvP, it's pretty simple. The same reason you don't want me in your nirvana squad is the reason I can blast you into itty-bitty-bits from a safe distance. Every class has some counter-moves available to them against almost anything, learning to play in a variety of situations may help.... I can roll-face through nirvana =/= I can hold my own in TW/PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]