Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Comments

• Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Bump. b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the r9 gear is twice harder to get now

That's the idea. It's not supposed to be easy to get, as frankie pointed out.
  • Mevica - Lost City
    Mevica - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011

It's not they are easy to get, cause atm they are just unobtainable. No more medals in the market. And if it was easy, well, I think every1 should have the same chance of getting them. I mean if from now on you suddenly need twice the raptures you need to forge your nirvana gear you will be pissed of for sure cause people who got it before had to do an easier job and we would be seeing a lot of QQing threads.
    So medals should cost the same as before, otherwise it would be not fair for every1.

AND if pwi advertise that in order to get rank 9 we should get chips>general tokes, etc, you buy the stuff, and then there is no way of getting R9 gear cause there are no medals in the market, well... it seems some kind of monetary fraud to me...
  • Maria_Bonita - Sanctuary
    Maria_Bonita - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's not they are easy to get, cause atm they are just unobtainable. No more medals in the market. And if it was easy, well, I think every1 should have the same chance of getting them. I mean if from now on you suddenly need twice the raptures you need to forge your nirvana gear you will be pissed of for sure cause people who got it before had to do an easier job and we would be seeing a lot of QQing threads.
    So medals should cost the same as before, otherwise it would be not fair for every1.

AND if pwi advertise that in order to get rank 9 we should get chips>general tokes, etc, you buy the stuff, and then there is no way of getting R9 gear cause there are no medals in the market, well... it seems some kind of monetary fraud to me...

true...medals back ftw
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Put the medals back in DQ nao. b:angry
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Please let us know how you plan on re-implementing the medals, via boutique or otherwise. Thanks.
  • Scarrface - Dreamweaver
    Scarrface - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Bummmmmmppppppp!!!!!
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    back on top until this greedy company decides to give us back our DQ medals. We will never shut up. b:angry
  • Fragil - Harshlands
    Fragil - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Bump!!!
  • $hereKhan - Archosaur
    $hereKhan - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Actually they are now impossible to get, you do realise as things stand only 1 medal of glory is entering into your sever each week through the random TW reward distribution.

My question still stands ... why are they having a month long General Summers sale atm if there is ABSOLUTLEY NO WAY for anyone who brought the chips to get the rank 9 gear.

Read my previous posts ... this is all leading up to a bait and switch to force is to buy the medals at any price they want after they have gotten enough of us to buy the chips.

So heres my daily "i wont shut up, bring medals back into DQ Naaaaoooo !!!" b:chuckle

To be honest dont know if im laughing at the sheer stupidity of all this or the fact that they will inspite our protests do exactly as they please AGAIN !!! b:angry
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No amount of complaining will get the medals back in the game any faster. Just saying...
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Don't believe the countdown, they're trying to distract us.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's a countdown to when they put another **** horse on the DQ page. b:avoid
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • fuqthegovt
    fuqthegovt Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Still no medals? lol, glad i repo'd my money and gtfo when I did. 6 months of getting screwed was enough. I give it a few months and the only people left will be 5 aps classes that don't need/want r9. b:chuckle
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Is this countdown to readd medals in DQ page?
  • fuqthegovt
    fuqthegovt Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Is this countdown to readd medals in DQ page?

Lol yeah keep deaming. Too little too late at this point, rather not bother re-dl'ing/installing and keep my money even if it is medals. Probably another stupid mount that noone wants. Also wondering if the mods are on vacation, surprised this thread hasn't been closed yet to shut you all up and save storage space since it's been unstickied like weeks ago.
  • Zudy - Dreamweaver
    Zudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    countdown? r u ****** finally geting the medals back too? hope so! ktnxbye b:bye
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    heres an idea. how bout actually making the blackmarket npc in the main cities useful and have them sell medals for like 40mil each. the medals would be there for everyone and the gms would still see piles and piles of gold charged so ppl can afford to get them. make it some kinda quest like u can get 1 a day or something like with the rank gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • Buxinho - Sanctuary
    Buxinho - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it. Vendoring the Chest of Coins will now give you 500 DQ points.

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

So that's about it; feel free to post your thoughts on these. I'd also like to mention that we will be adding new items to the DQ rewards list in the near future.

Update (4-8-2011)

Hey all,

This thread has now reached its 54th page, and I felt that you guys should know two things-- one is that we are indeed reading your posts, and we read your discontent regarding this issue loud and clear. The second is to let you know that this Medal of Glory issue is something that is not only controversial on the forums, but within Perfect World (the company) itself, where there are differing opinions on whether or not the Medals should have remained in the DQ shop.

Basically, our developers believe that it had become too easy to acquire Medals through DQ, and even more so because of the tradeable/untradeable glitch. The sheer number of Medals being sent out on the servers was very concerning to them, and the fact that they were readily available on the open market made them function completely opposite of how they are viewed in the Chinese version of PW. Folks here felt that, as long as players worked for them, Medals should continue to be obtainable through these non-TW ways. Ultimately, though, the devs do have the final say, and after originally supporting the Medals' increased accessibility, they decided that, at this time, they needed to be removed from the DQ shop.

The DQ system, remember, is something that is completely unique to our version; in a sense, it's an experiment, one that has proven to be very successful and popular with the players. But the fact that it is something of an experiment also means that it is particularly malleable and open to revision. Revision can go both ways, though, so you can count on two ultra-rare items being added to the DQ shop in the near future, along with more new items down the line. I'll admit that it's a slow process, getting items approved to put in the DQ shop, but we're continuing to work to make that happen for our unique little system.

Thanks all,

FrankieRaye

no, u are wrong
  • Fragil - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    I just dont get one thing.
    If its a slow process to approve items to DQ rewards, its definetly a slow one to take them out also.

Would it have been soooo hard to tell us "hey, idiots, you got 2 weeks left before we take them out!"
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I just dont get one thing.
    If its a slow process to approve items to DQ rewards, its definetly a slow one to take them out also.

Would it have been soooo hard to tell us "hey, idiots, you got 2 weeks left before we take them out!"

frankie actually said they didnt notify us on purpose:

1: Medal of Glory removed

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Put medals back in DQ page.
  • $hereKhan - Archosaur
    $hereKhan - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    daily bump " we need our medals baaack" b:angry .... oh i hope the countdown clock on the website is for a few nice changes including bringing the medals back ... the suspense is killing me lmao
  • Fragil - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    So I heard medals will be back in cash shop next patch.
    How awesome for PWE.

Make people get the taste of R9, to force them to CS it all the way, wich they wouldnt before medals were in DQ.

Very nice thinking indeed. For you ofc.
  • Xestria - Dreamweaver
    Xestria - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Still waiting
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So I heard medals will be back in cash shop next patch.
    How awesome for PWE.

Make people get the taste of R9, to force them to CS it all the way, wich they wouldnt before medals were in DQ.

Very nice thinking indeed. For you ofc.

Would you rather keep spending 80 mil for them now or 25 mil through gold? Other wise shut up and deal with it. b:bye
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The second item I was hoping to put in was rejected at the last moment :\ We will still be adding more items , but it's going to take a few months, as the items need to be modified by the Devs in a certain way before they can be used in the DQ shop.

You really only come here just to say this.

Dont you think that takes some huge amount of ignorance?
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Bump. Stop ignoring us, what about the medals?? Readd them to DQ page nao. b:angry
  • Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2011
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    plz don't make me use my 150k points to get horse b:sad

return to dq page plox

b:pleased
This discussion has been closed.