Axe BMs r they still powerhouse?

quemax
quemax Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
with all the ppl wanting to go aps r Axe BM still a class that ppl even play anymore i see more aps then anything on most servers. im a Sage high HP/ Axe BM. so here is what i want to know is it still worth it to even be a Ax Bm any more with the R9 gear that is out now. i mean alot of the ppl i know and talk to say that i should go demon with fist.
Post edited by quemax on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Axes BMs are obviously needed still. But go demon.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Were they even powerhouses in the first place? Go demon, axe is still better demon. Full rank 9 is for group pk.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1: Go Demon
    2: Use all weapon paths
    3: ????
    4: PROFIT
  • Tynne - Lost City
    Tynne - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    1: Go Demon
    2: Use all weapon paths
    3: ????
    4: PROFIT

+1b:victory
  • Kalizel - Sanctuary
    Kalizel - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I am a fist/axe bm i plan to go pure fist with stats but maintain axe also for nirvana/fcc etc...i like pvp and dueling. My goal is to get 5 aps and rank 9 gear and refine to 12 then massacre peeps ;) also get rank 101 axes. u need to be commited and buy gold and sell like crazy and do a lot of nirvanas. The best way to out power any class is money!
  • BlaneOfRegal - Heavens Tear
    BlaneOfRegal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Igreeing to that money is what out powers any class, thats y ppl go demon...its faster to get money, but sage out powers demons by damage by far. Member sage bms can get 5.0 aps as well just not as fast, and if u can combo ur skills right a sage bm can have the same power of a bm+wiz or same concept that seekers do, and as far as tanks sages make better tanks over demons because sages have better deffence than a demon and can tank almost just as good as barbs with shadowless kick to cancel channeling and if its sage u can cancel channeling every time instead of waiting for cooldown n cancel every other channel. Its all about how u play n learn how to use ur class. im a sage bm n i started as a sword bm, im one of the very few bms at least in heavens tear that actually knows how to use every weapon as a bm (ive used swords to beat 5.0s without a geine help its possible)
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Meh. it's all the way you play and personal preference. You will get many suggestions from completely inexperienced non thinking people who have simply "read somewhere" that demon was better ...or "heard it from somewhere"for those who don't read.
    Of course, high aps build has great benefits in today's PW, but you do not need to be demon to be high APS. As a sage if you do go for high aps fist build, you will likely spend more than a demon because they have the benefit of demon spark's speed increase.
    However, on the TW scene, axe build BMs are still generally considered the more useful BM build. Fists have their benefits, yes, but axes have aoe power >:D

and well, the only r9 weapon available to BMs is...axes.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Vit + Axe BM is STILL better in TW than dummies running around with claws.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pflegefall69
    pflegefall69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    just dont expect to kill somebody solo, that is something an axe bm cant nowadays :D
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    just dont expect to kill somebody solo, that is something an axe bm cant nowadays :D

Lol BS.
  • quemax
    quemax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    LMFAO i can 1v1 pure mag Psy R9 sin with luck >< alot of luck only because im not R9 qq and i can even take on other barbs even though the fight is long *cries for HP charm*
  • Kiersten - Lost City
    Kiersten - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I killed alot of BM, heheheheheb :laugh
    But for me, fist BM is better that axe BM, no need to use dragon just save your chi for 3 spark then tangglemire(genie skill) boom its nice combination...b:thanks
    b:victory
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    But for me, fist BM is better that axe BM, no need to use dragon just save your chi for 3 spark then tangglemire(genie skill) boom its nice combination...b:thanks

Axe are not for 1v1, they're for mass pvp. Fists will do more overall damage in 1v1 situations.

Also triple sparking in pvp as a BM is pretty stupid. Enemies will kite you, and your sparks will be wasted.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • truekossy
    edited April 2011

Yeah. If your target decides to just stand there and let you kill them. When used on anyone with.. say... oh I don't know... a BRAIN it doesn't work too well.
    edited April 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Yeah. If your target decides to just stand there and let you kill them. When used on anyone with.. say... oh I don't know... a BRAIN it doesn't work too well.

You would be surprised how few of those there are :l
  • truekossy
    edited April 2011
    You would be surprised how few of those there are :l

... Good point. :/
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Pretty good in TW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZRQFdPVhlQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011

In all fairness though, axes would hardly scratch people in end game gears (+10 or above). Axes are still good for crowd controlling in TW and stuff when you have mass support with you, but in 1v1 situations, I could probably AFK tank Rome's axes with my 15K HP unbuffed lol.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • MarcA - Harshlands
    MarcA - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Keep in mind that these two were just having fun :) That being said Axes are still viable in pk imho if the bm is good enough. Rome happens to be one of (if not THE) best bm on the server. A few elemental pots and any bm, let along Rome, could take down another bm, no matter the hp. Just comes down to who is playing it, right?
    "Know that although in the eternal scheme of things you are small, you are
    also unique and irreplaceable, as are all your fellow humans everywhere in the world."
    -Margaret Laurence
  • _Ghostz_ - Archosaur
    _Ghostz_ - Archosaur Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If your talking about endgame, there is nooo such thing as a purely one weapon BM...unless they are role-playing or purely pve. But with that being said, a BM with 3 skill trees mastered (poleblade, axes, fist) and at least 2.5 aps without spark has the potential to mop the floor of any class in 1v1.. But that's if one: he was smart enough to go demon (or smart enough to know sage was a **** choice) and two he has an adiquite mastery of his class.
    Just don't. This is your final warning.
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    In all fairness Jason played much better than Rome. Rome appears to have at least double Jason's hp and clearly higher defenses. That Jason didn't realize he'd need to spark somewhere along the line is definitely his loss, but clearly he's rather good at pulling off a very long stun lock. Anybody with even slightly less defenses/hp would have died from the stun locks Jason was doing, IJS. Clearly room for improvement w/ glitching ofc.

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
    edited May 2011
    Spark?

EEEEEWWWW thats not fun D:
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    bm is one of the funnest classes, it can deal damage as well; of course not like a dex user or a magic user...but it ****. IMO there is no such thing as an axe or fist bm...bm should wield every single weapon in the game because they all have their uses for pve as well as pvp.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Except sword. Let's face it...
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    In all fairness Jason played much better than Rome. Rome appears to have at least double Jason's hp and clearly higher defenses. That Jason didn't realize he'd need to spark somewhere along the line is definitely his loss, but clearly he's rather good at pulling off a very long stun lock. Anybody with even slightly less defenses/hp would have died from the stun locks Jason was doing, IJS. Clearly room for improvement w/ glitching ofc.

Azzazin

It really only took me 1 try to glitch DBB.. I don't know if others are stupid or they just don't know about it.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...