Does PWI encourage scamming?

Options
DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Does PWI encourage scamming? Many of us would say yes. Allow me to explain.
At level 100 you can do an instance called Nirvana. In this instance Chests drop from these bosses with a chance to contain an Uncanny Crystal, 100 perfect stones, 1 Mirage Celestone, or the various flawless shards. The player who's inventory this goes to opens the chest(s). They will receive one of the following items mentioned. NO ONE besides that player can see what item they receive. The sheer negligence of having such an item that does not display what the loot has rewarded encourages thievery and dishonesty in an oh so "Perfect World". Much like real life we have to deal with shady people when our friends are not around. UNLIKE real life this CAN be prevented. Nirvana chests when opened need to display to the entire group what item has been received. This is a group instance, the entirety of the group should not have to question each other because of a horrible design.

Scammers here and there and everywhere. Please explain to me the logic behind the icons for the Perfect Token of Luck and Perfect Token of Best Luck. Let's look at the prices of these two items that look the exact same except for one word and a slightly different shade of purple in writing. The first regular token is worth at the moment on my server 10,000 coins; The best luck token is worth 5,000,000 coins. With such a VAST difference in these two items I would like to know why they are so similar at first glance or after a long days work. False Advertising is illegal in real life yet in our "Perfect World" it has no repercussions. Shops often advertise Best luck tokens as there title and put the far less valued token for 450 times what it is worth. Yes, Four-Hundred and Fifty times more than what it is worth. I have slipped up and bought one of these. How much does that SUCK? I don't know PWI players, you tell me. How many times have you been scammed because an item in this wonderful game has an extremely similar look and name?

Here's a suggestion that I think most would agree with.
PLEASE
1) Display what item is given from opening chests in nirvana to the ENTIRE group, this is a group endeavor.
2) Change the icons for items in game that have such a vast difference yet look identical. At least change the colors or add more colors to items so we can tell the differences immediately.

Most will say tough luck on buying that luck token for 450x what it is worth, you should pay more attention. I can respect that, this only happened to me once.

But the current way Nirvana works it unknowingly promotes dishonesty, thievery, and scamming. This is not how things should work in a "Perfect World"
I would like to see a change and I know I am not the only one.

b:surrender
Post edited by DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'd prefer it if the Nirvana bosses dropped the items themselves at the same percentage you get them from the chests. It makes no sense to have them as all the items are tradable anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Um, your math is off by quite a bit:
    4,500 * 10,000 = 45,000,000

Also, the two icons are obviously different, as the best luck has two of those black signs whereas the regular token has one. And their texts are blue and purple, which are also rather different. And really, if you're spending 5,000,000 on something, it'd be common sense to make sure what you buy is what you wanted to buy. Oh, and anyone selling best lucks for much below the 5,000,000 price is obvious a scammer.

As for the Nirvana chests, there's two obvious solutions: 1. Decide on a banker like they do in TTs 2. Only run it with friends
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Bunny_slayer - Harshlands
    Bunny_slayer - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'd prefer it if the Nirvana bosses dropped the items themselves at the same percentage you get them from the chests. It makes no sense to have them as all the items are tradable anyway.

^I concur. The last boss drops the items and not chests, why not make it so for the other bosses.
  • endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They also encourage gambling. With very bad chances of winning. 3% to win something from the 50 cent packs -.- .
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They also encourage gambling. With very bad chances of winning. 3% to win something from the 50 cent packs -.- .

Technically that's not gambling since you always win something.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

its called luck... and i have none or should i say i dont have enough luck to spend 50mill on packs and win anything...
  • Jerrym - Raging Tide
    Jerrym - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    At level 100 you can do an instance called Nirvana. In this instance Chests drop from these bosses with a chance to contain an Uncanny Crystal, 100 perfect stones, 1 Mirage Celestone, or the various flawless shards. The player who's inventory this goes to opens the chest(s). They will receive one of the following items mentioned. NO ONE besides that player can see what item they receive. The sheer negligence of having such an item that does not display what the loot has rewarded encourages thievery and dishonesty in an oh so "Perfect World". Much like real life we have to deal with shady people when our friends are not around. UNLIKE real life this CAN be prevented. Nirvana chests when opened need to display to the entire group what item has been received. This is a group instance, the entirety of the group should not have to question each other because of a horrible design.

Scammers here and there and everywhere. Please explain to me the logic behind the icons for the Perfect Token of Luck and Perfect Token of Best Luck. Let's look at the prices of these two items that look the exact same except for one word and a slightly different shade of purple in writing. The first regular token is worth at the moment on my server 10,000 coins; The best luck token is worth 5,000,000 coins. With such a VAST difference in these two items I would like to know why they are so similar at first glance or after a long days work. False Advertising is illegal in real life yet in our "Perfect World" it has no repercussions. Shops often advertise Best luck tokens as there title and put the far less valued token for 4500 times what it is worth. Yes, Four-Thousand and Five-Hundred times more than what it is worth. I have slipped up and bought one of these. How much does that SUCK? I don't know PWI players, you tell me. How many times have you been scammed because an item in this wonderful game has an extremely similar look and name?

PLEASE
    1) Display what item is given from opening chests in nirvana to the ENTIRE group, this is a group endeavor.
    2) Change the icons for items in game that have such a vast difference yet look identical. At least change the colors or add more colors to items so we can tell the differences immediately.

Most will say tough luck on buying that luck token for 4500x what it is worth, you should pay more attention. I can respect that, this only happened to me once.

But the current way Nirvana works it unknowingly promotes dishonesty, thievery, and scamming. This is not how things should work in a "Perfect World"

i think pwi should make things clearer and Nirvana **** somebody being a banker or friends the technology is there programs to fix ... pwi should make it if you in a cave like tt or Nirvana the the drops should be equal to all players not one get something better then other because we all work hard to battle to get there .. like i said they could program it to work that way ... off to grinding i go bye .....
  • Jerrym - Raging Tide
    Jerrym - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i think pwi should make things clearer and Nirvana **** somebody being a banker or friends the technology is there programs to fix ... pwi should make it if you in a cave like tt or Nirvana the the drops should be equal to all players not one get something better then other because we all work hard to battle to get there .. like i said they could program it to work that way ... off to grinding i go bye .....

*Merged duplicate posts - Kris*
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Options

Actually no, they can't do that.

Because how would the program code know what is the price the players set for a mat? Or how would it know if a certain player places a higher value on a certain mat because they want it for their gears? Or how about the gold mats, where would their prices come from?

And if a gold mat does drop, how would the game balance that out? After all, the code cannot just split the mat into 6 pieces nor is it guaranteed that there will be enough mats to give everyone a share equal to the price of the gold mat.
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Um, your math is off by quite a bit:
    4,500 * 10,000 = 45,000,000

Also, the two icons are obviously different, as the best luck has two of those black signs whereas the regular token has one. And their texts are blue and purple, which are also rather different. And really, if you're spending 5,000,000 on something, it'd be common sense to make sure what you buy is what you wanted to buy. Oh, and anyone selling best lucks for much below the 5,000,000 price is obvious a scammer.

As for the Nirvana chests, there's two obvious solutions: 1. Decide on a banker like they do in TTs 2. Only run it with friends

Yea, Edited, 450 times. Have you ever done Nirvana? The chests randomly go to people in the group. There is always a banker in Nirvana because there is usually always multiple runs. Read how Nirvana chest drops work or run for yourself and see what I'm talking about.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It should be shown in party chat what you get after open a chest really. Just like when you pick something up. Or just having the bosses drop the actual items. No clue why only last boss does that, the whole chest thing is pretty pointless.

As it is today, the partyleader always drops everything on the ground after he opens the boxes and than picks it up again to show everyone what dropped.

But its pretty easy to just drop 2 ambers shards you already had in your inventory and keep 2 uncannies instead.

I never noticed anyone stealing NV drops, but thats just it, there is no way i would ever know what went on in the party leaders inventory lol. I really really hate being banker because of this to, someone will always suspect you of scamming when you mostly get shards/mirages/perfect stones from the chests.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Scammers here and there and everywhere. Please explain to me the logic behind the icons for the Perfect Token of Luck and Perfect Token of Best Luck. Let's look at the prices of these two items that look the exact same except for one word and a slightly different shade of purple in writing. The first regular token is worth at the moment on my server 10,000 coins; The best luck token is worth 5,000,000 coins. With such a VAST difference in these two items I would like to know why they are so similar at first glance or after a long days work. False Advertising is illegal in real life yet in our "Perfect World" it has no repercussions. Shops often advertise Best luck tokens as there title and put the far less valued token for 450 times what it is worth. Yes, Four-Hundred and Fifty times more than what it is worth. I have slipped up and bought one of these. How much does that SUCK? I don't know PWI players, you tell me. How many times have you been scammed because an item in this wonderful game has an extremely similar look and name?

PLEASE

Most will say tough luck on buying that luck token for 450x what it is worth, you should pay more attention. I can respect that, this only happened to me once.

If you don't trust people, don't run with pick up world chat squads. Go with faction or friends and have one person bank. 400K uncannies are pretty much throw away mats anyways, can't imagine why people are that desperate to steal these.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I only run with friends now because during the last 2x drops the person who was banking tried to tell us from all the bosses (including 2 2x bosses) that they got all mirages and 2 flawless ambers.....yeah right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I only run with friends now because during the last 2x drops the person who was banking tried to tell us from all the bosses (including 2 2x bosses) that they got all mirages and 2 flawless ambers.....yeah right
    I've been fairly unlucky in runs (TT not nirvana) myself, got not one mat I was looking for..
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Sometimes you actually do get like 80%-90% shietty shards and junk from all the boxes. Ive been in several bad runs when not even 1 uncanny dropped. And i know that not even 1 dropped b/c me or friends where banking.

In random squads someone will most likely assume that you scam when that happens. Even if they dont start WC-drama they will insinuate that your hiding loot and start with false accusations. Thats a major reason why many dont wanna bank in NV, being called thief just because you have **** luck is pretty insulting.

Would be so easy to fix it though, just make bosses drop items instead of chests.
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sometimes you actually do get like 80%-90% shietty shards and junk from all the boxes. Ive been in several bad runs when not even 1 uncanny dropped. And i know that not even 1 dropped b/c me or friends where banking.

In random squads someone will most likely assume that you scam when that happens. Even if they dont start WC-drama they will insinuate that your hiding loot and start with false accusations. Thats a major reason why many dont wanna bank in NV, being called thief just because you have **** luck is pretty insulting.

Would be so easy to fix it though, just make bosses drop items instead of chests.

yeah on single drops I had that happen but not on 2x when we got 14 chests from bosses in the run, at least we got 3 raptures and 1 uncanny from the last boss that we could see though
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've had both sides of luck happen when banking. I've done 2 runs where we got 22 chests total and all but 3 had uncannys. I've also done runs where I opened 14 chests and got a toal of 3 uncannys.

But yea, don't run if it's not with people you trust. The only time I've ever done a run that wasn't with friends/guild members is when I occassionally will see a world chat "need an aps dd for nirvana" and then PM that i have aps. And then enter the instance and auto attack with my R8 polehammer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't think bosses are able to drop a stack of 100 Perfect Chi. Still not a good enough reason to use chests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    At level 100 you can do an instance called Nirvana. In this instance Chests drop from these bosses with a chance to contain an Uncanny Crystal, 100 perfect stones, 1 Mirage Celestone, or the various flawless shards. The player who's inventory this goes to opens the chest(s). They will receive one of the following items mentioned.

-Yes, and the invitation to join a squad tells you whether it's random or free distribution. PWI in no way encourages you to bank, share, split drops. Leave it to random and there are no problems.
    NO ONE besides that player can see what item they receive.

Which would cut back on the waste of time whining people would do in random distri squads.
    The sheer negligence of having such an item that does not display what the loot has rewarded encourages thievery and dishonesty in an oh so "Perfect World".

Again, not PWI's fault: squad's for allowing anything other than random or free.
    With such a VAST difference in these two items I would like to know why they are so similar at first glance or after a long days work. False Advertising is illegal in real life yet in our "Perfect World" it has no repercussions.

There is no false advertising, or should I blame you for my dyslexia or negligence?
    Shops often advertise Best luck tokens as there title and put the far less valued token for 450 times what it is worth.

So it's ok for a buyer to make a mistake, but not the seller?
    But the current way Nirvana works it unknowingly promotes dishonesty, thievery, and scamming.

Again, this isn't how Nirvana works: It's how the squad you chose to roll with works. Stick to random drops which is actually part of the game and there is no problem.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've never been scammed. Take a moment and check what you are buying. It's you own fault for falling for such a cheap trick.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've never been scammed. Take a moment and check what you are buying. It's you own fault for falling for such a cheap trick.
    you must be maticulous then, most people are not. and whie I've never been scammed either, I do have to agree with that, they need new icons
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • FiDollaYou - Sanctuary
    FiDollaYou - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    False Advertising is illegal in real life yet in our "Perfect World" it has no repercussions. Shops often advertise Best luck tokens as there title and put the far less valued token for 450 times what it is worth.

You know, if I have a car I want to sell, and I advertise it as "Like New - Low Mileage" when it's actually a beater with 150K miles, you know what? I can do that. There is absolutely nothing about doing so that is illegal. Immoral? Yes. Shady? Most certainly. But not illegal. And if you buy it from me at my asking price? You have zero recourse.

You'd have *some* recourse if I were advertising/selling it as or for a business (e.g., used car shop), but as one private citizen selling to another? Nope.
    Yes, Four-Hundred and Fifty times more than what it is worth. I have slipped up and bought one of these. How much does that SUCK? I don't know PWI players, you tell me. How many times have you been scammed because an item in this wonderful game has an extremely similar look and name?

Me personally? Zero times. But then, I tend to double check things like that. Must be the engineer in me...

I also don't send money to Nigerian princes.
    PLEASE

Certainly an improvement, but not earth-shattering.
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the devs are Communist's do you really think they care about you! or anyone else in the world!!??Get over it! they just want your money!they dont care!!!!b:shutup
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nirvana been out for over a year.. I think is pretty simple to know who is trust to run with.

Back in the days, we always had one person pick up all chest n wait till last run/boss to open them all. That person will take a screenshot if anything goes like.. horrible run. Obviously you will notice if the person did take more or not.

b:infuriated Uncannys should sell for 1.6m again b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

That and use your common sense when your buying something, not that hard. Now for nirvana....random squads are bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the devs are Communist's do you really think they care about you! or anyone else in the world!!??Get over it! they just want your money!they dont care!!!!b:shutup

Yet another instance of defamation... This is really some poor accusation.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

*Merged duplicate posts - Kris*

He is right In other certain Blizzard RPG they (player) 'roll' for items. In ours we could do something like this.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm sorry, not all of us are little kids or teenagers. Our minds have been wrecked from years of stress, work, medication, age, or sickness. Scumbags that think it's "OK" to rip people off because the buyer may not be as coherent as the next shouldn't be enabled by bad design. Selling a lemon and false advertising is illegal, but if you purchase as is that is how you get screwed. ALSO, you can sue in real life and get back your money from theifs and scammers. Yes you can sue individuals who **** you over (doesn't mean you'll win), go watch daytime T.V. and one of the 10 judge shows genius. You can't in PWI.

Tweakz, are you serious? A seller is making a mistake by trying to rip people off? Ya, makes sense, you know what, I believe you're one of those shady people I was referring to! Why else would you defend scamming? If I remember right you were a veno on my server. I remember people talking about how sh1tty of a person you are.
    So hop back on the computer in that nice trailer of yours, smoke your ****, and scam some people while you still can. Have a nice day.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

He is right In other certain Blizzard RPG they (player) 'roll' for items. In ours we could do something like this.

The random system is really quite fair in Blizzard's system.

However, the complete FAIL RNG PW uses means... 90% of the time, one person would get everything, and the 5 others would get nothing. >_> That would really need to be fixed first.

IMO, PW makes it too easy to scam, but if you're paying attention, you can prevent yourself from getting scammed 90% of the times.

selling fcc wines 87000 coins each!
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Are you trying to say that capitalists don't want your money?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty