Energetic Robe

Options
blackeroasis
blackeroasis Posts: 29 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Seeker
Hey I'm wondering if an energetic robe would be viable for my seeker since I'm not going for int should I spend the money else where and if so what cape do you recommend for an end game seeker?

Thanks in advance!

^^
Post edited by blackeroasis on

Comments

• Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    From what I've been reading so far, going for int on a seeker is a waste, and in the long run will actually create a lower DPS for the seeker. The Seeker isn't a pure DPS class it's more like a melee caster. Reminds me more of my old battlemage from the D&D days.

As far as what cape for end-game? that's a good question. I like the Energetic Robe for for it's other stats than for the -int, but for true endgame I'm leaning more towards the Myriad Blossom.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I will prob go with the -chan one.
  • Knightblayde - Raging Tide
    Knightblayde - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    vristion wrote: »
    I will prob go with the -chan one.

I agree. Seekers already have fast reacting spam attacks, so -chan can help with skills like Gemini Slash. I don't remember which thread mentioned it, but high level seeker players were claiming that -10% chan was an effective minimum for the longer channeling skills and vortex. I believe they used the calm robe with -6% chan rank ring.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'll be using the -int cape on mine, but only because I already have one sharded and refined; like these people said, -int is mostly a waste, except maybe to help build chi a bit quicker. I actually hadn't thought about using -channel gear, that seems like a neat idea.
  • LovieBooo - Raging Tide
    LovieBooo - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    in my opinion both interval and chan arent usefull a lot
    im going with lvl 45 cape with 500 phy defence or nirvana g15 for endgame
    the way i see it seekers are heavy mages who's survivability should be same as a barb or higher and they are more of a pvp class then pve
  • vristion
    edited April 2011
    Options
    in my opinion both interval and chan arent usefull a lot
    im going with lvl 45 cape with 500 phy defence or nirvana g15 for endgame
    the way i see it seekers are heavy mages who's survivability should be same as a barb or higher and they are more of a pvp class then pve

Oh, I didn't know the question was "what is the best endgame robe" o.o
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the last thing u want is a cape with pdef...

im using -chan cape, i hav -18chan atm, its ****ing awesome. tat is all.
  • Nova_Kane - Sanctuary
    Nova_Kane - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey I'm wondering if an energetic robe would be viable for my seeker since I'm not going for int should I spend the money else where and if so what cape do you recommend for an end game seeker?

Thanks in advance!

^^

I'd say go for the -chan robe. As Knightblade said, we are melee casters. Our DPS sucks balls, but helps us build chi if need be. Add in a -chan robe, plus Blade Affinity, you should be able to at least spam vortex faster as well as pop off Gemini Slash way faster. I'd like to hope that someone would be able to figure out if we can nearly Insta-cast it.b:shutup

If we can, GG folksb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The natural disaster.. I follow in the footsteps of Alec...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    -channeling is pretty much **** if you dont stack it. thought even melee knew that... same with interval and fists, putting on a single -0.05 is not going to make a whopping difference.

and QuakeX is right, if u start getting around -18chan, thats were u start feeling something. Same for mages, 18 is the basic starting point of channeling usually

if its only your robe, then its kind of wasted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tomoe_ - Sanctuary
    Tomoe_ - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    since elemental ornas are said to work better for seekers, having - channeling neck and belt is a huge boost only if ur gonna be dealing with casters - higher channeling and higher mag def.. now i only wish they'd put a shortcut for the set of gears u wanna use, not clicking every part of gears u wanna change.. -.-
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    -channeling is pretty much **** if you dont stack it. thought even melee knew that... same with interval and fists, putting on a single -0.05 is not going to make a whopping difference.

and QuakeX is right, if u start getting around -18chan, thats were u start feeling something. Same for mages, 18 is the basic starting point of channeling usually

if its only your robe, then its kind of wasted.

What you said it not totally true tho Deceptistar, you forget that the seeker has a skill that is called Blade Affinity and if accelerates the channeling for 6 seconds on skills so if you have the calm robe and level 10 of that you can have 86% channeling from just the cape and level 10 of blade affinity so its not totally bad i would say, although if you can get your hads on the -channeling necklace from DTR that could help too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    instead of using an energetic robe, look into a Nirv cape, or Wings of cloud charger. Those are your best bet.
  • vristion
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What you said it not totally true tho Deceptistar, you forget that the seeker has a skill that is called Blade Affinity and if accelerates the channeling for 6 seconds on skills so if you have the calm robe and level 10 of that you can have 86% channeling from just the cape and level 10 of blade affinity so its not totally bad i would say, although if you can get your hads on the -channeling necklace from DTR that could help too.

That, plus rank 8 ring, (and 9 if going that far) on both hands, plus the neck you spoke of which would be over kill anyway, but 24% with none blade activated is decent.

And if you really wanna get creative, shard weapon for chan.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    pwi caps their channeling at either 90% or 95%
    i guess no one took mage classes here?
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • vristion
    edited April 2011
    Options

oh so 10-15% isnt good?

wow, in a world where a few points in vit is supose to make a world of difs, in yours a big number like 15% dont?

b:laugh

Also even if you go over cap, just means ya will have decent channeling while BA not acctivated, to each their own path tho..
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited April 2011
    Options

I never took any "mage classes" wth ever that is. But I remember a discussion about chan cap being 99%, and if you go over, it goes down to 90%?

(wow the arrogance from players lately, just to have class discussions)
    edited April 2011
    Options
    oh so 10-15% isnt good?

wow, in a world where a few points in vit is supose to make a world of difs, in yours a big number like 15% dont?

b:laugh
    go ask any endgame mage who uses channeling gears. "at what % do you start to notice a significant difference"
    the more you have the easier u can notice it because unlike VIT stats, it increases with a multiplier. Unsurprisingly vis versa from the opposite end.
    brent40 wrote: »
    I never took any "mage classes" wth ever that is. But I remember a discussion about chan cap being 99%, and if you go over, it goes down to 90%?

(wow the arrogance from players lately, just to have class discussions)
    sry bro i been posting from 2008 continuously and nothings changed in me 'lately' b:laugh welcome to pwi forums.

anyway,
    it is said that channeling speed glitches from 97% onwards because of some kind of coding disruption, thus pwi capps theirs at 95%
    that 90% is possibly a discussion on the wizards teleport skill about some extra animation effect that gives the illusion that its capped at 90%
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited April 2011
    Options
    go ask any endgame mage who uses channeling gears. "at what % do you start to notice a significant difference"
    the more you have the easier u can notice it because unlike VIT stats, it increases with a multiplier. Unsurprisingly vis versa from the opposite end.

sry bro i been posting from 2008 continuously and nothings changed in me 'lately' b:laugh welcome to pwi forums.

anyway,
    it is said that channeling speed glitches from 97% onwards because of some kind of coding disruption, thus pwi capps theirs at 95%
    that 90% is possibly a discussion on the wizards teleport skill about some extra animation effect that gives the illusion that its capped at 90%

So now you feel as though you have the key answers to it all?

people "notice" things diferently.. Ive been all over the forums aswell, and while a handful say they "notice" a difs as low -6%, another handful say they don't "notice" it till any random number after that... So because YOU don't "notice" it does not make it a golden rule of thumb for all.

ijs, if these people feel they will "notice" a bit more from -6% let them have at it.
    edited April 2011
    Options

people "notice" things diferently.. Ive been all over the forums aswell, and while a handful say they "notice" a difs as low -6%, another handful say they don't "notice" it till any random number after that... So because YOU don't "notice" it does not make it a golden rule of thumb for all.

ijs, if these people feel they will "notice" a bit more from -6% let them have at it.
    who said anything about having key answers nor to follow a golden rule of thumb.
  • vristion
    edited April 2011
    Options

I learned along time ago to over look him in the cleric forums....

Anyway wanted to reply to the notice deal... I myself as a -engame- cleric, in the the days of gaining -chan equipment remember small numbers like 3% really not making huge impacts, -6% not really giving any new feeling to longer chan skills like BoR, tempest etc, but did feel a slight increasment in the alreasty faster ones like wellspring, IH etc.. then the more I got ofcourse the more it felt faster for both. so if you can get 18-24% i'm quite sure the feel of atleast the faster skills will be -noticable- .........atleast for me..

The way im looking at it, even if all you can manage to do is stack 9%, that 9% could be enough viable time saved, to squeeze in one more skill into a very fast combo durning a BA activation.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I learned along time ago to over look him in the cleric forums....
    Her. lol
    you prolly think Rose is a guy too >.>;; not all online girls spew rainbow farts, kittens, and hearts b:chuckle

Anyway wanted to reply to the notice deal... I myself as a -engame- cleric, in the the days of gaining -chan equipment remember small numbers like 3% really not making huge impacts, -6% not really giving any new feeling to longer chan skills like BoR, tempest etc, but did feel a slight increasment in the alreasty faster ones like wellspring, IH etc.. then the more I got ofcourse the more it felt faster for both. so if you can get 18-24% i'm quite sure the feel of atleast the faster skills will be -noticable- .........atleast for me..

The way im looking at it, even if all you can manage to do is stack 9%, that 9% could be enough viable time saved, to squeeze in one more skill into a very fast combo durning a BA activation.
    prob. is, assuming you have the rank ring that gives some -channeling%. And then you add in the cape channeling. Suppose you get a 9-12%-chan. This would be pretty much bare minimum. When i plan things like this i take in to account that not always will i have the best situation. (like those pple that always 4socket their pwcalc gears when 90% of the time its 3 sockets) Whether it be lag or something else, I want to make sure that whatever i sacrifice to get another stat, its not only going to work when the conditions are perfect. Or else half the time you loose out
  • jive69
    jive69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This conversation has gotten a bit sidetracked. The main discussion was on whether -interval or -channeling is better. In my time playing a seeker, I have found that DPS sucks, and few skills require chi. There is no point in getting a -interval cape if you could get anything else; -interval will only help build chi which you barely need. Unless you are running around vorting everything, you won't need a ton of chi. Who cares if -9% channeling is unnoticeable. It is better than nothing. Seekers are a skill spamming class and as we all must've learned, skill spammers need less channeling; whereas, DPS classes need less interval.

I think that if you feel you are burning up chi like a madman, go for the -interval, but otherwise just take what you can get with -channeling. I wouldn't spend loads of coins trying to find -channeling gear, but if it comes with it that is a nice bonus. If you are trying to buy something special just get both and switch. See which one you like.

Seekers weren't made to deal assloads of dmg like a wiz. They were made to survive and deal okay dmg through skills. Most classes that rely on skills would go with -channeling, but the decision is yours.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    jive69 wrote: »
    This conversation has gotten a bit sidetracked. The main discussion was on whether -interval or -channeling is better. In my time playing a seeker, I have found that DPS sucks, and few skills require chi. There is no point in getting a -interval cape if you could get anything else; -interval will only help build chi which you barely need. Unless you are running around vorting everything, you won't need a ton of chi. Who cares if -9% channeling is unnoticeable. It is better than nothing. Seekers are a skill spamming class and as we all must've learned, skill spammers need less channeling; whereas, DPS classes need less interval.

I think that if you feel you are burning up chi like a madman, go for the -interval, but otherwise just take what you can get with -channeling. I wouldn't spend loads of coins trying to find -channeling gear, but if it comes with it that is a nice bonus.

Seekers weren't made to deal assloads of dmg like a wiz. They were made to survive and deal okay dmg through skills. Most classes that rely on skills would go with -channeling, but the decision is yours.
    This looks like a NECRO!

jive69 replied to a message that was 2 years 10 months 26 days 18 hours 51 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Options
    jive69 wrote: »
    This conversation has gotten a bit sidetracked. ...

What's sidetracked is responding to a thread that died almost 3 years ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    What's sidetracked is responding to a thread that died almost 3 years ago.

This. So much this. Please read the rules before posting next time.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.