What do you think about Guild Bases?

Options
Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
I understand they are not fully functional yet and there are some updates to be made to them but I personaly have found the guild base to be nothing but a major headache since it was released.

Trying to get people to do there GBQ daily is nothing short of mind numbingly painfull at times I am met with my responces from "I dont know how to do it"(even after explaining 50 times) to "I get nothing from it"

I kind of understand some classes in there point to I mean a prime example being my class there is nothing really in the GBQ that makes it worth my while I usualy just end up doing GBQ as a daily as it helps the faction.

Then theres the limit on materials in the vault and upgrades only being able to be done by the leader so if the leader is away people are having useless items sitting in there inventory untill she can return to empty the vault.

Everything now seems to revolve around the guild base seems to cause alot of drama and confliction and everything seems to be focused on how much you are contributing to the base and people are forgetting how much you might contribute in other ways to the guild

You cant pk or dual inside the guild base which to me I do not understand as if anything I see that as being one of the only possible uses for it for a faction to practice its PK in private.

What use do you have from the Guild base? And do you ever regret getting one?
02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
Post edited by Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In all honesty...i still dont get the usage of a guild base..its ugly and useless, gives you ugly fashion for alot of coins and even bad gear for ALOT of more coins.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In all honesty...i still dont get the usage of a guild base..its ugly and useless, gives you ugly fashion for alot of coins and even bad gear for ALOT of more coins.

^^ what she said
  • quiv
    quiv Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They need to implement the 40v40... they also need to adjust the coin cost of items inside the base to refect the amount of coin that is in PWI... and not the china server :)
  • Mazsi_two - Dreamweaver
    Mazsi_two - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    actual i likes base buffs. and i heard archers likes the arrows ;D b:victory

as fashionaddict i agree: ugly fashb:sad
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The Bases were a massive let down for me....their expensive as hell, have almost no good use, pretty much annoying to get around and worst of all they look like **** D:<!
    Cant be edited either -.-!
    Was hoping they would have been something sorta like the FW world ones sorta but their just like an instance type place....that i get lost easily in =/
    Would be nice if you were ported to a small outside type map before you went inside of it instead of just walls and alleyways filled with inscense and demonic mobs -.-
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so far as the base is functioning now, it sucks. i wasnt in the guild i am in when they were working for their base, but i dont know if i can say any guild getting the base is actually worth it. so far ive seen the weapons in there are low level ones.

im guessing you need to get your base pretty high level to level up the armory to get the better gears. but even then, we have easier ways of getting gears. even nirvana would be easier than waiting all that time to get guild base gears.

i think the fashion is alright, but way too expensive. the pots are nice but some pharmacy pots are better. all in all, i say at the moment the base is not worth it, but there are probably updates in the future for it, so it may be down the road.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so vixter... whats it gonna take for you to join DisOrdeR and help us defend our land? b:bye
  • Honourless - Heavens Tear
    Honourless - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    When you've been in faction with base,then go back to a fact without one,it really shows just how un needed and pointless gb really is.
    How to be pro at all recent COD games,lay claymore behind you at exit to room,lie down and shoot anyone coming in front door,rinse and repeat.
    Host advantage get you killed?Never fear,with a 50% chance of spawning in behind your killer revenge will surely be yours.
    Can't aim for ****?Never fear.aim assist and cursor magnetism!
    Best of all,after a few kills the game will play itself and bump your k/d to new highs with its killstreaks system!
  • /Eclipse - Harshlands26
    /Eclipse - Harshlands26 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The only good thing I figured out is some open world pk...
  • Elendirah - Sanctuary
    Elendirah - Sanctuary Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Those faction bases were designed as a coin sink, not as something that would be useful. The faction I was in got one as soon as we updated to Genesis but, even though I always did my base dailies, I've never seen the use of it. I heard that arrows are interesting for archers but when you think of the total cost of the base it's really ridiculous, and totally disproportionate.
    If you're a faction leader + a virtual billionaire and you don't know how to waste your gold anymore go ahead and get one. Otherwise be smart and forget about it.
    I guess that some leaders got fooled and got one, thinking it would be worth it. Even if they won't admit it they're probably regretting it by now. Although at this point I don't know how you could still trust PWI and expect something fair from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If I was in a guild without a base then there is no way I would even consider getting one until the 40v40 is implemented (if it ever is ... this is PWI).

The buffs, some apo, and the arrows are nice, but probably not worth the cost needed to get the base and everyone's time running the quests to keep it leveling.

If 40v40 comes out and is fun, then the base would be worth it for larger factions. Smaller factions would still have a headache running enough quests to keep the base HP moving up.
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    actual i likes base buffs. and i heard archers likes the arrows ;D b:victory

as fashionaddict i agree: ugly fashb:sad

yup, i like getting a full set of buffs from the base and a team and "free" arrows b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so vixter... whats it gonna take for you to join DisOrdeR and help us defend our land? b:bye

*Cough* CrimsonJr is better *cough*

But as a former member of several bases with factions, I have to say that the only useful thing about bases is to keep people from asking if you have one. b:chuckle
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • _Geogaddi - Archosaur
    _Geogaddi - Archosaur Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I am extremely annoyed with the faction base right now... It is costing out the *** to upgrade now and I do not even know why I am upgrading it at this point... I wanted to do the 40v40 because I hate waiting for TW each weekend... I want stuff in the week as well. Furthermore as of now like NO ONE is doing their GBQs so I came here to find out when they are going to release the 40v40 hoping that would be motivation but there is NO SIGN of the release of that...

It has been a HUGE let down.. I do love the Arrows but that is about it.. Wasn't worth 200million and some change on upgrades and what not.

Can a GM come in and announce like some kind of information in regards to when the 40v40 is coming into play?
    Winning b:pleased
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    *Cough* CrimsonJr is better *cough*
    b:avoidb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Thayl - Heavens Tear
    Thayl - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Advice save your money until they work correctly.
    Only doing question's quest. and i may be quitting those, vault full so really nothing more that a waste of time. b:laugh
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The amazing arrows that you can get from there b:victory

Totally worth the 3 hours download of patching! Those arrows!!!! Also the pots are kinda decent.

b:lipcurl Guild base TW should work...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Currently it's a coin-sink. Complete waste of coin. Maybe someday it will actually serve a purpose.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't think anyone would mind it being a coin sink if the base was any good.
    Ideally the base would start out good and get really awesome as you level it up.

As it was implemented it starts out crappy and stays crappy as you level it up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Although I would certainly agree that the guild base needs some improvements, I will add one thing I've found usefull so far.

On 2 different occasions I've been able to use the training quests to get the last 15% of my level on days where I've already run my bh's, and didn't find anything else fun going on at the time. Granted this doesn't mean much to all the higher level players, but it can be a big help to up and coming players. If you actually break it down, those quests are cheap, easy , & effective once you build some merit.

All the same I still only leave those training quests as a last resort. But it is nice to be able to pickup some easy exp when your bored and close to leveling :)
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Zzz...it's become more and more clear to me that guild base is pretty useless at this point in time beyond the buffs, some of the pots, arrows, and a new pk spot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i think the base sucks. the quest no exp just the exp for mobs all it dose is eat my pots and charm up. at 101 need some thing to give more exp. bh's suck also spen more on charms the i get for bh's
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I like the extras for the few classes they decided to put extras in for.... but quite honestly without it fully functioning and the other things in the expansion preview not even being present the expansion itself is a huge let down even compared to the "smaller" Rising Tides one....