BM in Nirvana

inygma
inygma Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Blademaster
Practically every nirvana party I see on wc that wants a BM is requiring high aps, like 4.00+

I just started my BM, and I want it to be the first toon I take into Nirvana, but when I discovered the shocking amount it will cost me to get 4.00+ aps, it's a bit discouraging. And when I finally saw a party ask for a simple DD for nirvana, I decided to give it a test and pm them. The first thing they asked me was what my aps was.

Has any BM done nirvana without high aps???

If this is the majority of the cases, maybe I should just finish lvling my cleric since it seems a lot cheaper, even though I'm so bored of it b:surrender
Post edited by inygma on

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    inygma wrote: »
    Practically every nirvana party I see on wc that wants a BM is requiring high aps, like 4.00+

I just started my BM, and I want it to be the first toon I take into Nirvana, but when I discovered the shocking amount it will cost me to get 4.00+ aps, it's a bit discouraging. And when I finally saw a party ask for a simple DD for nirvana, I decided to give it a test and pm them. The first thing they asked me was what my aps was.

Has any BM done nirvana without high aps???

If this is the majority of the cases, maybe I should just finish lvling my cleric since it seems a lot cheaper, even though I'm so bored of it b:surrender

High APS is an investment. It'll cost you a lot to get the minus interval, but the money is returned in the long run due to good soloing and damage.

Clerics are needed in most instances but not required; they can't solo DD very well. They're very dependent on DDs.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why would you botherwith the FCC's/BH's required to hit 100 if you dont have at least 3.33 aps?

4.0 costs (cheapest possible route)

LA 99 bracers/boots, 30 mill, HA 99 neck/belt 30 mill, cape 40 mill, Deicides 30-35 mill. Oh no you have to spend a whole 135 mill total on 4.0, by level 100. Not exactly hard to get.

Clerics can make do with dirt cheap gear but are not nearly as in demand as high DPS DD for vana. Yes people vana on casters like wizzies/psys or on low aps mele, and unless they're leaching off a high aps squad make less coin than they would grinding.

So to answer you yes you can vana no it will not be worth it, go farm herbs for more coin.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Knightblayde - Raging Tide
    Knightblayde - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've personally started nirvana with just gorenox vanity fists, and that was mostly with friends I've made in FC and close alliance friends. Sure, I did not have high APS, but I had mastered my HF and GS timing with their sparks. Eventually, I made enough coin from nirvana splits, bh100, TTs, and other farming methods to start developing the cheaper -int gear collection.

gorenox vanity -> deicides -> lunar cape -> TT99 LA wrist/boots (this is where I'm at now) -> TT99 HA belt/pants (my next goal) -> TT99 HA chest -> TT99 2nd cast nirvana pants

If you have skilled nirvana friends that will take you, that would be the best approach over public squads for a while. However, runs are only good if you at least have a few high APS squad members. Otherwise, you would make more coin doing other farming like herb collecting, mob grinding, bh100, etc.

Like the others have said, it's a large investment, but it pays for itself after a while. If you really want to get the APS gear, focus on it. It's not going to happen overnight unless you have a lot of free time, but you'll get it eventually if you keep working at it b:chuckle.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Dude, the best thing I can tell ya is make the groups yourself. It's what I did on my BM on HT since he only had 2.5 aps.

But I will say this: Most of the time when people say 4.0+ they mean your sparked aps. So 5.0 is either 4.0 or 3.33 base. 4.0 is either 2.86 or 3.33 base. (In order that is sage and demon, then demon and sage for sparks)
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why would you botherwith the FCC's/BH's required to hit 100 if you dont have at least 3.33 aps?

4.0 costs (cheapest possible route)

LA 99 bracers/boots, 30 mill, HA 99 neck/belt 30 mill, cape 40 mill, Deicides 30-35 mill. Oh no you have to spend a whole 135 mill total on 4.0, by level 100. Not exactly hard to get.

Clerics can make do with dirt cheap gear(Because random bosses In Nirvana don't have random agro) but are not nearly as in demand as high DPS DD for vana. Yes people vana on casters like wizzies/psys or on low aps mele, and unless they're leaching off a high aps squad make less coin than they would grinding.

So to answer you yes you can vana no it will not be worth it, go farm herbs for more coin.

Or you can do the smart option -
    TT99 HA boots and wrists.
    TT99 LA neck and belt.
    Lunar 90 Cape.
    Deicide.
    4.0 right there (:

Then you can farm Nirvana leggings for 5.0 aps.

And if you're a rich sob gold charger get -
    Once you're 5 aps you'll want your end game gear and the best option is to -
    Get Pan gu -INT tome
    Get rid of the TT99LA ornaments and replace them with Puzzle cube neck and Warsong belt for the HP+Defence spike and still retain 5 aps.

Getting TT99 LA boots and wrists gimps the HP you get from refines and your Pdef. The HA99 Orns are only worth the Pdef if you refine them to +10, with that said Puzzle cube > HA ornaments.

Has any BM done nirvana without high aps

Admittedly finding a squad was difficult, but I joined numerous Nirvanas while I was 2.22 aps with FC gold fists. My opinion save your keys for the 99 key quest (12mill per run) and
    farm TT for coin. Until at least 2.86 with deicide. b:victory

Hi5 BM b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Sakutsu - Sanctuary
    Sakutsu - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Or you can do the smart option -
    TT99 HA boots and wrists.
    TT99 LA neck and belt.
    Smart option?
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    TT99 LA Neck - 10m
    TT99 LA Bracer - 10m
    TT99 HA Legs - 20m
    TT99 HA Boots - 20m
    Lunar Cape - 60m
    Deicides - 60m

4.0 aps Demon Sparked.

It's not "easy" making millions and millions for all the -.int gear. Idk what that ret@rd is talking about by 100 you should be able to afford it farming herbs. lol really? Prices I put there don't include subs cause I already had those, pretty much just gold mats for tt99.
    I got lucky in packs to get my WTLG for the Lunar cape, than made 40m off of other packs items. They created this game in a fashion where it's much easier to make money by spending real money on in-game junk and selling it back in game. Grinding on regular mobs for coins has never been cost effective for bm's unless you're on NightMare Island with Calamities. I really miss AoEing those pirates =(

One thing you could do that I thought about to save money is not leveling your expensive skills up. You'll have a lot more money by 100, but probably take twice as long to level. If you plan on using only fists/claws forever this is another option, because 5.0 aps doesn't use any skills. =P
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Stop giving bad advice, you're actually telling people to buy TT99 necklace? doesn't matter if it's LA or HA it's a bad idea.
  • IkerCasillas - Raging Tide
    IkerCasillas - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    uhh are u dumb? TT99 necklace is needed to achieve CHEAP 5.0aps. Without the TT99 Necklace u cannot get 4.0 base aps and you would have to spend 200mil on Pan Gu int tome. Maybe Mrs. Rich Pockets is willing to give us the money to buy said tome since she believes TT99 necklace is bad advice for a BM wanting more aps.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    uhh are u dumb? TT99 necklace is needed to achieve CHEAP 5.0aps. Without the TT99 Necklace u cannot get 4.0 base aps and you would have to spend 200mil on Pan Gu int tome. Maybe Mrs. Rich Pockets is willing to give us the money to buy said tome since she believes TT99 necklace is bad advice for a BM wanting more aps.

tt 99 chest *facepalm*

i like how you quoted my post just to state the exact same thing i did
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited April 2011

Lol, this is pretty funny. TT99 Necklace will make it so you can't get +5% HP and the magic defence from the cube necklace. Also like josh said, TT99 belt+chest and TT99 shoes+boots will get you all the bonus you need from TT. And you don't get 4.0 base for 5.0 aps without a tome, I think you mean 3.33 base?

EDIT: A lot of people have the both Orns with a Sin alt because a Sin needs both orns to get 5APS (providing that their dex built and not HA), and replaced the necklace for the Cube necklace when they can afford it, but if it's just a bm you have, don't waste your money on TT99 necklace.
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Oh wow, ~100m is not easy to come by for at least 4.00 aps, but easier than what I expected.

But I'm a little confused since people keep debating over LA neck and that it's not worth it. Which is it? Is the belt a better option? And why do some people say HA Bracer/Boots while others go for LA?
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Oh wow, ~100m is not easy to come by for at least 4.00 aps, but easier than what I expected.

But I'm a little confused since people keep debating over LA neck and that it's not worth it. Which is it? Is the belt a better option? And why do some people say HA Bracer/Boots while others go for LA?

I dunno where you got 100m from, it's more like 150m-200m.

Basically the necklace is a little cheaper than the belt, with the necklace costing 12m~ and the belt 25m~ but there is a much better necklace we need for 5%HP bonus and a great deal of magic defence: Cube Necklace.

People argue between either using:
    - LA Neck/Belt with HA Boots/Wrists (which should be out of the picture because you should save that necklace for the cube necklace)(also people say HA Neck/Belt with LA Boots/Wrists, it's better but still waste of necklace)
    - LA Boots/Wrists with HA Belt/Body (which i would advise because this option will give you greater defences in the long run)
    - LA Wrists/Belt with HA Boots/Body (which will give you a little more HP and evasion with less defences)

Note that these are good to reach 5APS without a tome and with -0.05 end game fists/claws. But you can get higher defence with using the tome and replacing the boots with Tide of Elysium, and the belt with Warsong Belt.

Overall get this to reach 5aps and in the long run won't be needing to replace them untill you become rich enough to where it doesn't even matter http://pwcalc.com/3d7a3a5e83a212df.
    The order that's best in my opinion is (make sure you have a weapon firstly, Gornex Vanity a level 85 fists with -0.05 is nice to start with): LA Wrists -> LA Boots -> Lunar Glade Cape -> HA Belt -> HA Body -> and eventually Nirvana 2nd cast Legs

Some where within there get yourself Deicides, preferably sooner than later.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    I dunno where you got 100m from, it's more like 150m-200m.

Basically the necklace is a little cheaper than the belt, with the necklace costing 12m~ and the belt 25m~ but there is a much better necklace we need for 5%HP bonus and a great deal of magic defence: Cube Necklace.

People argue between either using:
    - LA Neck/Belt with HA Boots/Wrists (which should be out of the picture because you should save that necklace for the cube necklace)(also people say HA Neck/Belt with LA Boots/Wrists, it's better but still waste of necklace)
    - LA Boots/Wrists with HA Belt/Body (which i would advise because this option will give you greater defences in the long run)
    - LA Wrists/Belt with HA Boots/Body (which will give you a little more HP and evasion with less defences)

Note that these are good to reach 5APS without a tome and with -0.05 end game fists/claws. But you can get higher defence with using the tome and replacing the boots with Tide of Elysium, and the belt with Warsong Belt.

Overall get this to reach 5aps and in the long run won't be needing to replace them untill you become rich enough to where it doesn't even matter http://pwcalc.com/3d7a3a5e83a212df.
    The order that's best in my opinion is (make sure you have a weapon firstly, Gornex Vanity a level 85 fists with -0.05 is nice to start with): LA Wrists -> LA Boots -> Lunar Glade Cape ->HA Belt + Legs (They cost around the same so you can choose which you want first) -> HA Body -> and eventually Nirvana 2nd cast Legs

Some where within there get yourself Deicides, preferably sooner than later.

TT nirvana legs suck though, also a hybrid build with 4 aps base will have more phys/mag def added per coin untill it goes to bother with a tome at full +10 refines, plus a hybrid setup is perfectly viable for pvp endgame due to 4 aps base or pve endgame with g 15 claws

HA is nice but is heavily overated
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Ah yeah, i wasn't thinking about TT99 gold legs into nirvana. HA body would be better to get 4.0 and get lunar legs, i'm annoyed i got TT99 gold legs b:surrender.

And of course hybrid build with G15 is awesome, and 4aps base with -.1 claws is nice too but eventually once your rich get the HA stuff and you can switch out for different occasions, assuming you carry on making money, it's good to have both. + The extra JoSD in Tide of Elysium is nice and warsong belt.

Also i forgot to mention in my previous post, if you haven't already started to take up merchanting, do it.
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So basically, all this discussion has turned into is which gear to get 4/5 aps. Which means that unless you have friends, or you're lucky enough to form a nirvana squad yourself (and I'm guessing nobody who has high aps would want to start a squad with low aps characters, unless they know you), then a low aps BM has a chance to do nirvana. Case in point though, people prefer aps because they're impatient and want to finish nirvana early.

Wonderful. -_-
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I DID Nirvi as no aps BM like...15 times ..maybe they took me becouse of HFing,and yeah,
    people mostly take high aps BM's and maybe it's better to have cleric becouse evryone needs
    clerics and noone ask you if you are aps or chaneling clericb:laugh
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    becouse evryone needs
    clerics

No....
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    So basically, all this discussion has turned into is which gear to get 4/5 aps. Which means that unless you have friends, or you're lucky enough to form a nirvana squad yourself (and I'm guessing nobody who has high aps would want to start a squad with low aps characters, unless they know you), then a low aps BM has a chance to do nirvana. Case in point though, people prefer aps because they're impatient and want to finish nirvana early.

Wonderful. -_-

Nirvana, believe it or not isn't a great way of income. The majority save their keys for either 99 key or 2x drops. Thats the main reason they want interval, so it will go fast so it's a quick money source, otherwise it would be really slow and a bad way to get money.
    Yeah, if you have friends you can run it but i'd suggest you look into other ways of making money.
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The prices people are giving are also the basic low ones...

You have to +X your gear too if you want it to be good.
    I know I paid like 80m for +7 decides.

As for playing a cleric...
    IF you plan to go R9 (your 101 gear) 108 Gold for the rep to get to R9.
    Rank IX Ring - 235 Gold
    Rank IX Belt - 235 Gold
    Rank IX Armor - 480 Gold (all 4 pieces)
    Rank IX Weapon - 550 Gold

Total: 1608 Gold (108 Gold in rep, 475 Gold in Medals, 1025 Gold in Chips)

Least that is what I was able to find, and I was able to verify the 108g for the rep. Just not the rest.
    But that's not just clerics, that's any R9 person.

Though, from what I've been told, if you buy everything. The mats for tt99g is around 200 and then another 200 for nirvana-ing the pants. Then again, I haven't gotten up there and began price checking things, so this is just what I've been told by a friend. But, either way, looks like TT99 is cheaper than going R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.