2x still on? More like 1.5x drops

Options
endlesstorture
endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Ever since monday ive been getting bad drops in nirvy. or people just stealing drops, i dont know..... Another broken system, PWI allows stealing in nirvana. ....And i grind at spiders ,theyre not dropping too good.
Post edited by endlesstorture on

Comments

• Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    if you get 2 box, that mean it's 2x drops
    Your luck is bad... or create your own squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I just got 2 wrist golds in 3 TT3-2 runs. Compared to getting 1 gold every 10 runs. I guess that balances it out a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In Nirvana you can see the 2x drop from bosses easily.

Anywhere that the quantity of drops is not fixed, you get up to 2x, but it's not guaranteed.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You get double drop rate, not double drops..
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    2 x 0 = 0

It all depends on what that mob would have dropped in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    2 x 0 = 0

It all depends on what that mob would have dropped in the first place.
    That's not how it works.

Do you mean to tell me that you have never received an odd number of drops during 2x? You've never gotten 1/3/5 mats from a TT boss?

It's surprising how many people think that double drops simply means that whatever the mob/boss drops just gets doubled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • rebarbora1
    rebarbora1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    True. That's huge difference.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Another broken system, PWI allows stealing in nirvana.

No, it's people's foolish way of dividing drops that allows it.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yes indeedy. just yesterday i was grinding down a kill quest in the swamp, and the death knights weren't dropping for ****. checking the database, this is because more than seven times out of ten they shouldn't drop anything; it's probably only because of 2x i was getting even some coin out of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Opening the chests in Nirvana, is like opening Anni/Tiger/Coral/Sunshine packs. There is a percentage chance, of acquiring a canny. It's just bad luck, and completely based upon probability. If your in the same squad for several runs, and getting horrible drops every run; it's quite probable someone is stealing.
  • Melora - Lost City
    Melora - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That's not how it works.

Do you mean to tell me that you have never received an odd number of drops during 2x? You've never gotten 1/3/5 mats from a TT boss?

It's surprising how many people think that double drops simply means that whatever the mob/boss drops just gets doubled.

Just to help clarify a bit, every mob (including bosses) has a fixed number of times the server chooses how many items it is going to drop in that iteration, most mobs have a high chance for 0, bosses usually are better. After it chooses how many items to drop it then goes to the drop table and picks that many items at random and continues on until there are no more 'drop counts' left, during 2x all it means is the number of times it counts the drop rate is doubled. So technically you could get 0 drops 2 times, or you could get 1 0 drop and 1 3 drops, it is entirely random...
  • WritersBlock - Sanctuary
    WritersBlock - Sanctuary Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    yes indeedy. just yesterday i was grinding down a kill quest in the swamp, and the death knights weren't dropping for ****. checking the database, this is because more than seven times out of ten they shouldn't drop anything; it's probably only because of 2x i was getting even some coin out of them.

umm..what level are you? I'm 69 and all I do is grind on those fellas...I usually get between 5-15 steele tokens plus **** gear, coins, etc totaling around maybe 20k plus every 40 knights. With 2x on, it's more like 10-20 steele tokens plus **** gear, coins, etc totaling around 50k plus every 40 knights...

so yeah... b:surrender

It's 2x for me...
    b:angry why isn't there a thumbs up smiley?!?!?!
  • Ecstazy - Dreamweaver
    Ecstazy - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I went grinding on my veno too a couple days ago. Drop rate was less than other times we've had x2. It's weird cause I thought it was just me o.o
  • MoonMio - Heavens Tear
    MoonMio - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    O.o uhm i think it's actually double drops.. not the drop rate...
    TT and Nirvy are perfect example xD
    2 chests per boss (except 1st one) instead of 1 chest w/o x2
    Do TT2-x solo mode, bosses will always drop 6 item (coins excluded) instead of 3 w/o x2
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The 2 frostcover thingys each time they dropped would suggest double means, well double..
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This. b:victory
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Your squad leader is probably just stealing uncannies like everyone else who banks Nirvana.
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    my bet is on them stealing them though I've yet to run nv cause I'm in no rush to be at end game to have nothing to do when I get there other than farm another set of gear.

However drop rates are still the same look at it this way if ur playing a slot machine the odds of winning are slim to nill if u up ur bet (adding x2 drops) the pay out rate is the same just when that chance that you do hit and get something the item pay is doubled.
  • PrettylnPink - Lost City
    PrettylnPink - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well i asked myself the same thing, until i found 6 Broken shards of gold armor from Dimentora in HH 1-2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We veno are so hated that we dont' even get invited to bh's anymoreb:cry But well show them b:angry who needs squads when our hercs do all the job b:chuckle
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well i asked myself the same thing, until i found 6 Broken shards of gold armor from Dimentora in HH 1-2

lol yep I did one run today and got my bm 2 peices of 70 gear from that one run alone one more tommorrow and I should have full HH70 set - a weapon cause im using calamities till 85 then I have fc fists waiting for him.