Soultion To Medal Crisis

Endofdark - Lost City
Endofdark - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
so the main problem was the amount of medals being sent out and the glitch making them tradable..well think of it this way. Get rid of the stupid 1 medal a tw, random, a week out. So medals are all untradable and cant be explotied, or do something like 9999 mysteriers chips for 1 medal at general summer so medals can be tradable. To reduce the number of medals have a medal sale on dq list for like a few days or a week, with no tw medal reward no expliot
Post edited by Endofdark - Lost City on

Comments

• articio
    articio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Or they could fix whatever the bug was that made them trade able then ban everyone that exploited the bug and further tries to exploit it then bring it back in the dq shop for 40k points so there a little more expensive
  • VonSabrewulf - Harshlands
    VonSabrewulf - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    it has nothing to do with a untradable glitch, it has to do with them wanting to make profits from the medals instead of letting people farm them. So nothing you say will bring them back, eventually they'll be in the boutique for 30$ and PWI will make there dam profit. Wake up and smell the roses man
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Don't know to care. It's all the same to me. Money always wins. Best of all only a set of boots to go.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Brus - Lost City
    Brus - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Don't know to care. It's all the same to me. PWI always wins. Best of all only a set of boots to go.

fixed
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    BS you cant make something that tons of people already have harder to get. you dont hear anyone complaining aboutwarsoul weapons being to hard to obtain. thats because no one has one. so no one cares, but the fact that people that DONT have something are being ask to put MORE of an effort then the people that previously got it.... is wrong. im sure thats not gunna happen. but thats what SHOULD happen and what WOULD happen if the devs actually knew how to run a business. making money or not pissing off your customers is a bad thing
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    only the medals have that glitch, I tried it on my cleric (who I was going to use it on anyway) with wraith badges, they went untradable.

on a side note.. I'd love to have a warsol for my psy, but I know the chances of THAT happening lol
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    An answer from everyone else on this game: No.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

IF this made sense, I'd accept the offer you made them but no, it doesnt. Medals was in cashshop for 25gold each, people didnt buy them it failed. Chip+rep sale came along, now that you have to farm medals that takes time its to easy. I mean buying rep and chips to get all the tokens and rep needed has nothing to do with it obviously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No

Stop crying little girls

/Thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    From the sounds of it, it sounded like PWE got upset at PWI for how easily people were getting rank 9 so they slammed the door shut. I find it odd they haven't started selling them again, there isn't much of an 'other explanation' I can think of.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ArrowOHeaven - Lost City
    ArrowOHeaven - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    BS you cant make something that tons of people already have harder to get. you dont hear anyone complaining aboutwarsoul weapons being to hard to obtain. thats because no one has one. so no one cares, but the fact that people that DONT have something are being ask to put MORE of an effort then the people that previously got it.... is wrong. im sure thats not gunna happen. but thats what SHOULD happen and what WOULD happen if the devs actually knew how to run a business. making money or not pissing off your customers is a bad thing

Actually a Assassin on a pve server owns a Warsoul weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DIE! I SAID DIE!
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Actually a Assassin on a pve server owns a Warsoul weapon.
    how many other people you know with one?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • ArrowOHeaven - Lost City
    ArrowOHeaven - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    how many other people you know with one?

Ummm none.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DIE! I SAID DIE!
  • Chuck_N - Lost City
    Chuck_N - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There's an EA with a warsoul weapon too.
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There is an archer that has an warsoul bow in Dreamweaver in fact...
    Back to the topic, already a lot of people have r9 set because of the Medals trough dragon points...
    Some got them in a "easy" way. But now it is almost impossible... :/
    And the fact that they were trade-able was good up to the point that really dedicated people could also make money...

So yes, bring them back, i wouldn't mind... XD
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    it has nothing to do with a untradable glitch, it has to do with them wanting to make profits from the medals instead of letting people farm them. So nothing you say will bring them back, eventually they'll be in the boutique for 30$ and PWI will make there dam profit. Wake up and smell the roses man

This right here. This guy speaks with wisdom, and trust me - he knows what he's talking about.

At first when Medals we're taken out of the DQ points system, the excuse was that they we're being exploited (shocker). People we're farming up the DQ points needed, taking a Medal given to a random land (tradable), and combining them in the same stack to create two tradable medals, which they could then sell for profit. This was a known issue, for how long? Months. The economy for these things we're stabilized on HT for 10-14m a pop. Nothing more, and nothing less. It was good for the cashshoppers, as well as the people who farmed their butts off to get R9.

The next excuse came. The more "real" one, if I say so myself. After the huge outcry of the playerbase, they stated that the medals we're in fact removed due to being "to easy to obtain". Let's look at this logically, shall we? To easy to obtain huh? Hmm, okay. By this logic, they we're never in the boutique, correct? WRONG! Because what's even easier than buying 'em for 10m a pop in a catshop, and looking around for them? Directly buying them from the Boutique. Duh!

If they we're so easy to obtain, why we're they put in the Boutique before? Also, now that many people do in fact have R9 gear, it puts the people that we're farming the DQ points at a disadvantage. Hell, did you know that half of the people upset by this we're on they're way to acquiring R9, and had 10+ medals sitting in their bank? How upset would you be if you found out you could actually get end-game gear, buy simply grinding your butt off... You spend 5+ hours a day grinding, and setup shop buying DQ items as well. Your nearly there! 10 medals.. 11.. 15... 19.. C'mon so close!! Oh wait.. Why can't you get anymore medals? OMG, they just screwed you over. Now you have to hope that all your hard work hasn't gone to waste, and that they will hopefully put them in the Boutique so you can obtain the last Medals. Also, guess what? You won't care the price they put them at in the Boutique, because your so close to R9 gear... You must have them!!

So, see my point? It's a ploy. Lure the players that did the hard work in, and make them HAVE to acquire the last medals to make R9. Some did it quickly, and did in fact make R9. But the people who farmed countless hours, need R9!! They must have it. They won't stop @ 60 gold per medal in Boutique, if they we're priced that.

...And that, is why people are upset.
  • Endofdark - Lost City
    Endofdark - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    that was a detailed report but simply..people get mad when something happens/dissappears without warning. its like telling the people in school oh we got work relese so you can skip your lunches to get your credits sooner and then leave early on work release. Ofc next year your gonna have all the credits, but then the board decides oh were not doing work release, were gonna require the students to attend full day with courses they dont need. Kids been robbing banks and get fired so they just start skipping, we cant have that. So the devs took out the medals because it made life simpler and gave them a sorta bad rep. i didnt know medals use to be in bonquite...but the funny part is the gm said medals are a bit to hard to obtain now. Now did the devs care that it was easy to obtain medals when they were being sold in bonqute? of course not, but they just suddenly started complaining that there to avabile now unlike the chinse version....UM HELLO! YOU GUYS HAD THEM IN BONQUTE b:angry
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    wall of text.

I think you give them a bit too much credit there for their cunning-ness. you have some points I agree with though. I don't think its as simple as "there was a glitch". The same "glitch" can be performed with about half the dq reward items - and they haven't removed said items.

I view it more as a matter of their shortsightedness. They probably didn't imagine that people would be able to farm that many dq points, and when they realized they were wrong - decided to do something about it to keep people interested in buying them from the boutique in a future sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..