for the MTG fans

Options
Psytrac - Dreamweaver
Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
edited October 2011 in General Discussion
I've started a PWI-themed custom set. what you guys think?
http://nsa26.casimages.com/img/2011/04/25/110425113946641723.jpg
I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
"When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
Are you on Team Bring it?
Post edited by Psytrac - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    b:laugh b:pleased

These are awesome! Keep them coming! b:victory
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have every intention of eventually coding them for wagic

www.wololo.net/wagic
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That's really cool. I don't play that TCG though. Keep it up!
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Pretty good, i used to play magic seriously then school forced me to shelf the cards, pwi makes up for that. that being said i hae a few suggestions and proofs for your cards:

-the cards for FCC and TT bosses should be far tougher. if you can kill em with cheap burn, they are not tough enough.

-dreadindra's tokens, i think, should have their abilities read as such "...1/2 tokens with haste." then dreadindra herself would have this ability: "at the end of your turn, dreadindra deals X damage to each creature target opponent controls where X is equal to the number of bishop tokens you control."

- true form should be and enchantment that gives a static p/t effect and 2 aggro related abilities like: "2: enchanted creature may block an additional creature this turn" and "3: when enchanted creature attacks, all creatures able to block it must do so."

-ocean master, take out the "on your turn" part (not really needed and it limits the card's power)

-drummer needs an AOE

-i would give the sin the ability to gain shadow instead of the psychic. also, sin the TB have so many stuns/immobilizes/etc... i would just give them the ability to tap creatures, and/or locked them in the tapped state instead of exile. i think a tap ability that damages all creature target opponent controls would be a good "AOE" ability to give the psy.

-messenger of fear likewise, i would just have him make target opponent skip untap phase, it's far closer in flavor to sleep.

-evil balls (i love the name btw) why not give them the basilisk ability (any creature that blocks or is blocked by it is destroyed [immediately rather than end of combat])

all in all i think your cards are awesome, you brought me back to days of playing in ptq's and friday night magic, and regular drafts before sanctioned play got that popular~!
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What's MTG, TCG etc .... b:faint
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Options

I think M:tG would be a better acronym for the first one... As to the second one...b:puzzled
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Magic: The Gathering
    Trading Card Game

b:thanks
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Magic: The Gathering
    Trading Card Game

b:thanks

Anddddd that... isssssss corrrrrrrecttttt!! *claps claps*
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't play it, I don't know the rules, I don't care for it.
    Still, the cards look awesome ^-^ well done :3

I want a veno card b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hehe, nice :)

Soulbanisher is way too powerful tho, 4 mana for 5/5 with a pretty insane ability, yeh, maybe for 6 mana. And drummer is way too underpowered, why would anyone use that card ^^
    The blue "tap for BB" looks too powerful for a common as well.
  • Toxie - Dreamweaver
    Toxie - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I have no idea what any of this is either but the cards look kinda cool.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Pretty good, i used to play magic seriously then school forced me to shelf the cards, pwi makes up for that. that being said i hae a few suggestions and proofs for your cards:

-the cards for FCC and TT bosses should be far tougher. if you can kill em with cheap burn, they are not tough enough.

-dreadindra's tokens, i think, should have their abilities read as such "...1/2 tokens with haste." then dreadindra herself would have this ability: "at the end of your turn, dreadindra deals X damage to each creature target opponent controls where X is equal to the number of bishop tokens you control."

- true form should be and enchantment that gives a static p/t effect and 2 aggro related abilities like: "2: enchanted creature may block an additional creature this turn" and "3: when enchanted creature attacks, all creatures able to block it must do so."

-ocean master, take out the "on your turn" part (not really needed and it limits the card's power)

-drummer needs an AOE

-i would give the sin the ability to gain shadow instead of the psychic. also, sin the TB have so many stuns/immobilizes/etc... i would just give them the ability to tap creatures, and/or locked them in the tapped state instead of exile. i think a tap ability that damages all creature target opponent controls would be a good "AOE" ability to give the psy.

-messenger of fear likewise, i would just have him make target opponent skip untap phase, it's far closer in flavor to sleep.

-evil balls (i love the name btw) why not give them the basilisk ability (any creature that blocks or is blocked by it is destroyed [immediately rather than end of combat])

all in all i think your cards are awesome, you brought me back to days of playing in ptq's and friday night magic, and regular drafts before sanctioned play got that popular~!
    some comments:

if I made them any tougher they would not be pratical for everyday use.

-bishops don't attack in FC unless you're right on top of them, they just constantly AOE, thus I did not see a reason to give them haste. unless I want to give the tokens defender..

-the effect of True form was suggested by some local players.

-explain the oceanic master comment? If it about the token I have done some other work on it, and it makes better sense now. it is a 9/9 that does no damage, just like in FC, it doe no damage unless you touch it.

-Drummer now has an AOE effect, I should not have included it in the picture it was not yet finished

-will fix the sin, thanks

-It is a pain to code "half" so I went for -0/-1 instead, it's not AS devistating, but it will still cause problems to players. random is impossible right now as well.

-Evil Balls I would have to fidure out the code for that effect, I went with a similar effect that is already coded (and I think HARDcodded)

@frankie: Thanks. I would appciate a picture with the GM wings on a non-elf class if ya could, I have something very special in mind for that, and I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it.

To everyone else: if you send me decient pictures with no names in the picture (meaning that the names do not appear in the image after cropping), or a means of cropping it away (such as in the UI, I don't include UI elements) I will be happy to include then in the set.
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Unless mana costs have drastically changed since I last played Magic (3-4 years ago?), WW for a 3/3 with no negative abilities is a bit OP in my opinion, especially for a common...

Has Magic standards really changed that much over the past few years? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Unless mana costs have drastically changed since I last played Magic (3-4 years ago?), WW for a 3/3 with no negative abilities is a bit OP in my opinion, especially for a common...

Has Magic standards really changed that much over the past few years? b:shocked
    yes, they have.
    W for a 2/2 legendary (with no effect) in kamigawa block (waste of a legend, but does prove the point)
  • Dandelyn - Heavens Tear
    Dandelyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Magic!!! OMG I used to go to Friday night draft every week for years as well as do all the series release tournaments. When MTGO came out I sold all my paper cards and things went downhill from there, what's out.. side? PWI > MTG any day though. Anyway woots to the OP, thanks for bringing back the memories.

Oh and I always played the jankiest multi card combo decks for fun but when it came down to a 99.9% guarenteed win it was either "omg better stock up on aloe vera gel cause these nachos are gonna burn tomorrow" Red; or "there aint gonna be no christmas this year kids cause I'm on control" Blue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lmao. nice I lose 9/10 in real cards, but when I have access to what I need it's more like win 9/10 lol

I need 100+ pictures, I don't even have CLOSE to that.. I could use help from the higher levels that can get to places I cannot. (and a picture of a TW crystal, the opening few moments of swarm) would be great
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2011
    Options
    gonna give this a bump for a new set of people to see/comment on
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Legit.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    - I figure that the Bishop Generating Black Creature should be based more heavily upon the Black Titan in actual MTG. Perhaps not generating them in the same way (each attack) but certainly a similar mana cost and Power/Toughness.

- True Form strikes me as being a carbon copy of some actual Magic Card or nother, though the name eludes me at the current time.

- Oceans Master is interesting, possibly undercosted and possibly under powered however. Though I am not certain as I have never fought that boss directly.

- Meditation Aura could potentially be turned into an enchantment based off of the Shrine Mechanics from the Kamigawa Block. I would also price it similar to those cards as well, with a CMC of 3 being the lowest cost amongst the Shrines. 4 CMC is the cost of the White Shrine which does ALMOST the same thing as Meditation Aura.

- I am kind of personally insulted that the card for the Seeker class is only a 1/1 for 1 mana, considering how powerful that class happens to be in the right hands.

- Can't really see the Mystic card's name.

- Lord of Percussion for that mana cost should have either an effect or be a 6/6.

- Putting a universal battle cry effect on a sorcery that costs 1 mana is probably the most Over Powered thing in your custom set if you ask me. I would literally build a deck around that one card.

- If a card can only be blocked by creatures with Shadow... wouldn't it just as easily make sense to put shadow on the card in the first place? And wouldn't Infect make more sense on a creature that can only be blocked by creatures with Shadow as well?

- Also you got the wording wrong on Evil Balls. It should read "Whenever a creature with 4 or less power blocks this creature, exile it at the end of combat." Actually for that matter you probably got the wording wrong on a lot of them, but that was the most obvious one to me.

Sorry I didn't mean this to be a huge rant on what would make sense or what is ideal about your cards. I just thought I would offer suggestions on how best to improve them. Otherwise I think making a Magic the Gathering Set based on Perfect World International is a hugely inspiring thing to do. I would suggest showing it on an actual Magic the Gathering Fan Site when you actually finish the set as well as some of the people on one of those sites might actually be interested in Perfect World who don't actually visit this forum as well.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
This discussion has been closed.