Do venomancers have it hard from 80-90

Options
CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Venomancer
I understand that most clerics, barbs, sins, bms, all focus on FF during this period of time from 80-90. I havent really tried going for an FF run, because I'm still reading up about the whole process of an FF, but I have been trying to get into a squad for pole and nob but no one seems to be paying any heed to BH at this point on.

I also noticed that a lot of times when people tele out about FF squads, they're never looking for a veno. With there being close to zero BH squads for this period of time and difficulty getting into FF squads, does that mean that venomancers are screwed from 80 onwards?

I know that it's still possible or else there won't be 100, 101, even 103 venos, but I'm just wondering like what is the best approach to training my veno.

Thank you!
I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
Post edited by CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Venos do get into FF squads, it just takes a bit of patience imo. Truly, it would be easier if the "herc veno or no FF" people weren't there lol. Normally you'd find some people in your own guild who wish to do FF runs with you, and even though you don't have a herc there are plenty of things a veno can do in FF (purge/ amp/ aoe/ stun/ not to mention the fact that your pet's damage isn't reduced on FF bosses >:D )

BH squads shouldn't be hard to find especially on HT, I sometimes still hop on there and see people at HH asking for BH's all the time, once you get to 90 finding bh79 squads shouldn't be too hard, but if you can't then I'm preety sure you can go in there with a cleric and solo the whole thing out. (pet tanking styg at close range for damage reduction and tanking the magic bosses yourself with a cleric or charm/pots).

Either way until you reach 90 I suggest doing CS/ Cube/ FF/ BH/ WQ if you feel like it, and if you're outta things to do just go do normal quests, maybe spam those quests I totally forgot the name for where you'd buy a kinda token/order thing from one of these NPC's and right click it to get a quest etc etc.

So don't worry about getting into FF squads :p. You might get more at 85+, but either way a good squad will take a veno almost all the time.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    People still do BH's its just that (on my server at least) fewer are doing 69 as opposed to FF runs due to the difficulty of the bosses in that particular BH... especially with Barbs and clerics being so scarce now. I've found that once you get into the 90s though, you'll have little difficulty finding squads running the much easier BH 79 all day long.

As for FC, in my experience squads at your level range take just about anyone once the first three spots (tank/cleric/stunner) have been covered in squad. In the 80-90 lvl range, melees have little to no interval gear to speak of thus the damage contribution from everyone, caster and melee alike, are all greatly appreciated.

When you see people forming FC squads on wc, just be one of the early ones to pm with class and lvl for an invite and more often than not, you'll get in. Herc isn't even necessary.
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    BH squads shouldn't be hard to find especially on HT, I sometimes still hop on there and see people at HH asking for BH's all the time, once you get to 90 finding bh79 squads shouldn't be too hard, but if you can't then I'm preety sure you can go in there with a cleric and solo the whole thing out. (pet tanking styg at close range for damage reduction and tanking the magic bosses yourself with a cleric or charm/pots).

Hey Izzy thank you for the reply. I think like what Hexalot said, people just refuse to do BH 69 because the bosses are just too hard, and it doesn't seem very fair, so FF seems like a better option.

I do have a herc, so I have a question, is it really possible to solo BH 79 with a cleric? Then at least I know that I can look forward to doing BHs again when I hit 90. Since I have a cleric and multiclienting allows for two windows. (:

And also, what you referring about buying tokens, are you referring to oracles? (:

Thanks for sharing your opinions hexalot. Just one question, ahem (new player here), what is FC? b:shocked

Yeah I don't know what it is. I found out about BHs and CS purely by luck. And only at 45? LOL! I wanna learn something new about PW. b:victory
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    With a herc, you can solo the entire 79 cave even without a cleric. Pulling Styg can be a bit of a nuisance, so I tended to pull/clear the mobs around him and then send in the herc.

FC = FCC = FF. It's just different abbreviations on different servers.

The token that Izzy was referring to is the Justice Quest, I think. You buy an item from one of the NPC's and it gives you three quests- one is to wait out a timer, another is to kill x amount of mob y, and the third is to deliver another quest item to an NPC. These can be very nice for venos, especially when you need to level your pets.

As for leveling in the 80s, I remember doing a lot of solo grinding and forming my own bh/ff squads. It definitely gets better in the 90s tho.

GL. :)
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thank you Mauntille for the clarification on abbreviations and on BH79. That's awesome. At least now I know that 80-90 would be the tough part of the veno journey.

I will definitely try getting into BH/FF squads and maybe doing grinding and justice quests on top of CS/WQ and such. However, I think I'm also at the point where I'm quite tired of pulling mobs and being second tanker in instances and stuff. Time for a break from the way of the Venomancer. LOL.

Shall try levelling my 7x cleric for now. Maybe by the time I get tired of it, I can happily go back to my Venomancer and start grinding away towards 90. Thanks again for your help!

Oh and another question, I'm guessing that BH69 is the ONLY one that's super annoying right? As in BH 79 and the others are tough, but not as unfairly balanced as pole and nob?
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    what I'm not understanding is why at that level people think a veno needs to use a herc in that particular instance.... as if it will hold aggro from anything it doesn't matter that their normal pet is doing like 400 less damage lol
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Oh and another question, I'm guessing that BH69 is the ONLY one that's super annoying right? As in BH 79 and the others are tough, but not as unfairly balanced as pole and nob?

BH69 is the only one that has the one boss (pole) that will HP debuff you. Since you can't purify the herc you're up a creek there. However, BH79, first boss Sty... range arrow attack, skip hooli as he's un-needed. Linus and Brig.... are last two same room and are magic range attack.

Btw your herc can tank Nob...the only debuff he does is an increase damage so as long as you have your heal at max for your lvl and a decent amt of channeling you can solo tank him w/a cleric easily. I say w/a cleric as you get an added DD as I wasn't able to DD and heal, as well as a heal for his aoe attacks.

Before BHs became the 3x a day stacking kind, you only got 1 BH per day. A cleric friend and I would run Pryo and Nob and skip Pole days unless a tank friend was online and tanked for us.

FF wise I never did FF on my veno until her late 90s due to the change/modification in FF taking place after I was well into my 90s. Geeze I feel old now lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    what I'm not understanding is why at that level people think a veno needs to use a herc in that particular instance.... as if it will hold aggro from anything it doesn't matter that their normal pet is doing like 400 less damage lol

Cause people think that a herc is back up tank if something happens to tank like DC, death etc. That's why alot of veno's advertize themselves w/having one. I've also see "ads" like:

Veno w/herc & sage amp LF FF squad

Basically they're listing anything that might give them an edge over another dd if there's only one spot left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just my 2 cents, because I play my veno all the time.....

Buy wine and advertise free and always ask for a barb and cleric first, because if you cant get one of them, then getting the rest of the squad together is irrelevant. Also pick your time to do bh's. Yesterday right on reset it took me 20mins to get a squad together. Later in the night I saw that WC was asking for 69/79 people regularly.

Dont right off those mobs/heads in fc for 400-500k. On this char at level 88, with hypers at max I could get about 20-25% xp from one run which aint bad for a couple minutes time use. Now I've done a few of those and I still have 41mins left on my first lot of hypers. So used correctly, you really get value out of them.

In the near future Im going to give some hypers to my veno and try going the full hr on max hypers and see what xp i get.....not sure on that one. Good luck.
  • Eccy - Harshlands
    Eccy - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Even well into the 90's I've noticed people don't really seem to want a Venomancer in squad. It's a sad fact most Venos who aren't doing faction runs encounter. Why people want or only seem to take herc veno's is probably along the same lines as why they don't appreciate or want a veno in squad. They don't really understand the class, or in that case the pet. I have been told on many occasions that we aren't DDs. I don't agree but I see where they come from. As for my herc, he has tanked an FC maybe one time? And that was because I did FC's starting at 75 and at those levels a herc is probably better than your average undergeared barb. Do I myself advertise I have a herc? Of course, because I'm usually competing with the other venos there who are hungry for a squad like me. What does my herc do in that fc? Not much. As for BH's, the time I spend looking for a squad would be around the same amount looking for an FC - which will give you way more experience. Your best bet really would be to stay patient and wait for a squad. And when you get one make friends with the barb and the cleric or the whole squad. Now you have other people your level range trying to level and to make squads with. Once your 100 you'll probably have more luck as I always see Nirvana squads looking for one of us b:cute
    edited April 2011
    Options
    After looking at all the replies, I've noticed that perhaps in a way, Venomancers are kinda screwed unless you have a lot of connections or you're simply very lucky.

I've actually had a LOT of problems getting into a squad for BHs, even from 60. But thankfully, because I'm a good farmer and I have a herc, I wined and soloed my BHs alone, with the help of two friends, a wizard and a BM. I'll usually do multiclienting and open my cleric to use Regen Aura on those more annoying bosses, but so far... So good.

Which is why BH 69 came as a bit of a shock because of Pole. Nob still seems threatening, while I've done Pyro often enough that he's just child's play. LOL. Maybe I should try to go for one particular BH with my herc and see how it plays out, because I honestly am not sure whether I can just sit by and let my veno rot.

Now I'm really regretting saving up for a Herc. b:surrender
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Tanking/soloing BH79 is a walk in the park for a veno with a herc, as long as its wined :P

I brought along a lvl 49 cleric friend on some of my BH79 runs and we did it just fine :3

80-90 was the longest 10 levels in my venos life. People didn't invite me since I didn't have a herc ._.

After getting my herc at 91.. I got lazy and quit looking for fcc squads XD.

FCC is easier on my veno than anything else I played. Amplify damage as often as possible on bosses, pass sparks to cleric whenever she puts up BB, help aoe stuff when everyone else is doing it. If you do have a herc, it can tank alot of the bosses, if not. The spark passing/amping/aoeing is still very helpful. b:cute
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Because... 'Herc venos are better' ..... <.< What a BM actually said to me... to which i replied 'How so?' ... 'They just are' <.<. Fail, they can;t even justify why :l.
    But this is only really a problem from 75-83ish, once i hit 83, i pratically got into FF's from my previous ones; People had realised i wasn't a fail, and that i was actually quite good!
    Apparently (I don't know yet) it gets hard when you hit 89. As your next main role; spark passer, isn;t needed anymore, the cleric can pratically do 2 BB's in a row (Cleric, full 3 sparks, BB > sage skill > few IH's > BB .... No veno in there :l ) So you really need to make some good friends who wil suggest you in FF's, or start your own! Get some close, active, Cleric and barb friends!
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If you don't need to pass sparks to the cleric anymore then pass them to someone else :p sometimes seekers need a spark after they just used the spinning skill, or BM's after HF, maybe even barbs after invoke > : ). Herc venos are NOT better than a normal veno, what they find better is the fact that they use the best tank in the game, so what? Being a better veno has nothing to do with the pet you use, give a noob a herc and you can watch them **** up, while a glaciar veno basically owns the whole thing.

I'd love to get into a FF with you to show you how I work as a veno, even if my HT veno is a slightly vit build ;).
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • Rivierra - Archosaur
    Rivierra - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A good herc veno is better in FF then a good glacial veno.

Can your glacial tank most of the bosses?
    Can your herc?
    Can you DD while your glacial tanks and only need to heal every 2-3 spells?
    Can you DD while your herc tanks and only need to heal every 2-3 spells?

Bring on the flames

Now on kinda topic-

I found that during 80-90 nearly everyone wanted a herc veno for FF. BM damage is pitiful on bosses at that level range and their APS sucks. 90+ is when it starts to get more Sin/BM oriented because more -interval stuff opens up(well easier to get interval stuff)
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I found that during 80-90 nearly everyone wanted a herc veno for FF. BM damage is pitiful on bosses at that level range and their APS sucks. 90+ is when it starts to get more Sin/BM oriented because more -interval stuff opens up(well easier to get interval stuff)

Non-herc vs. herc veno debate aside, this hasn't been the case on HT since the APS craze hit. Venos, not even herc venos, are sought after from world chat.
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Do venos have it hard? Yes, we do, not only from 80 - 90. Its hard from 90 -100 too.

Why? Simple thing. Veno is the most underestimated class on pwi servers.
    Why? I think its cause of the huge amount of noob venos here. Noobs who only relay on their "allmighty" hercs and cash gear. Most ppl on this servers (not only venos) dont know their classes. They focuse only on lvling fast in fc using hypers. They never had to face bosses in really hard fights with tactics. If it doesnt work, they just go to fc, push a few lvls and try again. Imo this is fail.

For me, it was hard to get fc pt. but now it works fine. No problem in getting slot in squad.

We do fc runs with for example:

2x arcane venos without pet
    1x bm for tanking and pulling
    1x myst (or cleric)

This works!

Regards
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Do venos have it hard? Yes, we do, not only from 80 - 90. Its hard from 90 -100 too.

Why? Simple thing. Veno is the most underestimated class on pwi servers.
    Why? I think its cause of the huge amount of noob venos here. Noobs who only relay on their "allmighty" hercs and cash gear. Most ppl on this servers (not only venos) dont know their classes. They focuse only on lvling fast in fc using hypers. They never had to face bosses in really hard fights with tactics. If it doesnt work, they just go to fc, push a few lvls and try again. Imo this is fail.

For me, it was hard to get fc pt. but now it works fine. No problem in getting slot in squad.

We do fc runs with for example:

2x arcane venos without pet
    1x bm for tanking and pulling
    1x myst (or cleric)

This works!

Regards

I'm sorry, but you must have a lot of time on your hands (nearly two hours by my calculation) to run in a FC squad like that. I'm not saying that every party must have four or five aps toons in them. After all... variety is the spice of life. b:cute

But that squad you have above most definitely does not work.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It's not the class that's bad, it's the players behind it. 9 out of 10 won't amp when they should. Some leave their pet stowed. Some don't even use a ranged pet or bow for heads, etc etc. They may as well be wiz's. When you get into the squads you need to perform and you'll get noticed. I had no problem as I started getting asked to go rather than having to look for a squad. Made a lot of powerful connections that lead to other great things from doing FF.

We can see the attitudes just from reading this veno forum. So and so refuses to get a Herc, so and so refuses to use pet in FF; -can we be more daft?

If you're a good veno worth your weight: you don't need to worry about getting in squads anyway.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm sorry, but you must have a lot of time on your hands (nearly two hours by my calculation) to run in a FC squad like that. I'm not saying that every party must have four or five aps toons in them. After all... variety is the spice of life. b:cute

But that squad you have above most definitely does not work.

Start Instance -> Exp room = less then 60 mins

Regards