A Dying breed?

Options
Liba - Heavens Tear
Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Venomancer
I know that this is a fairly common debate; but i don't think i can talk myself out of it anymore...
Getting kicked out of squads for 'better DD's'
You don't see many 90+ Squads asking for a veno, it's nearly always an extra APS DD...
The seeker's debuffs are out-shining and out-gunning ours...

The fact is, that many squads don;t want a veno... It's sad, but true. They may be fools; but it's making my life bloody annoying... I got kicked out of a 69 yesterday for not having a herc (Like that would help... I haven't met an 8x veno who can tank pole/nob yet... )

With the mystics coming out, a race with pets is no longer gender-fixed... And they have heals, so most people would pick a mystic over a veno (particularly for that rez buff :D )

But still, anyone else feeling.... slightly glum?
Haters gunna love this ^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
_Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
Post edited by Liba - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Cochiti - Heavens Tear
    Cochiti - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No, I miss real barbs. If venos are a dying breed I think it is to the Sage Venos. I almost never see a demon one anymore. While I haven't leveled my own Mystic yet, I still think venos will win hands down. Sure we can only use one pet at a time, but we have a wider choice of pets than they do. Pets evolve like we do and so they grow as quickly as we let them and they can be strong or weak in areas like real players. For the longest time I had a snow hare and then got a kowlin, I loved them both and still have them in bag. The hare is a sturdy DD/Tank, not like the rock pets, but still good none the less. In my first faction we used to joke that the kowlin was a four-legged version of the bm.

Get into fights, I used to and still do. I always used to argue with TT or dungeon squads about their choice of DDs until they either blocked me or took me (and they usually took me). You have to be convincing. 1. You are two DDs for the price of one. 2. Your pet likely has very useful debuffs. 3. You have amp and purge which I'm sure no class can yet replace. 4. You have that really sexy green tutu you can put on people for added damage.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Take the term "better DDs" with a grain of salt. Especially with some of the things that I've heard from some people on HT (I know a level 98 psy who got rejected from an FF because he would be "useless"). Try starting your own squads, with friends and/or randoms. From my experience, if you are a half way decent veno, the randoms will notice and will want to squad with you again later. Just make sure you start friending these people.

And as a side note, Nob can be herc tanked by level 87, if not earlier. Pole is touchy and best done with multiple pets or super fast stow/resummon, but he's more trouble than he's worth at those levels.
  • Cochiti - Heavens Tear
    Cochiti - Heavens Tear Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nob at ~83-85 is the earliest I've seen it done. Used to be a herc veno could solo tank TT3-1 at L80 but I think that's near impossible now.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    As you can see from my avi, I'm a cleric at heart. I tried mystics because of the heal/pet combo.

I pretty much hated it. I find venos much more fun to play, more customizable, you can give your pets different skills that work with your play style, and hell they work great in many different builds! With mystics, they suck mana like bad vampires and every single one of them has the same pets, and relatively the same build. Plus the pets can't tank, they're DD and you're still the one taking damage.

Being a cleric, I'm going to make lots of friends to squad with, and I'm sure they'd be happy to take my veno along for amp/purge/lure if there was another cleric in the squad. ^^ I'm always happy to suggest a veno for squads because they can give me free sparks for BB XD (And my best friend started a veno when I started my old cleric)

I know the mentality of people now a days has changed from when I was last a higher level...But...with all the others ALSO getting rejected for squads, just band together and get it done when the APS people are too snobby/impatient to squad with you ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Both of my venos are demon and I'm proud of that =). No one takes venos anymore because of the herc thing, and no I'm not talking about herc venos possibly tanking one or 2 bosses a bit better than a glaciar veno, I'm talking about noob venos who cash shop for a herc and don't know how to use it lol.

I had gotten into an FF with my newest demon veno and the squad was basically treating me the same way, though the leader was a guildie so he didn't kick me out. Since we ended up barb-less guess who had to tank every boss there... the veno >_>. You should prove them wrong when they think you're not good or anything like that. Venos can pass chi, can bramble, purge, amp, soul degen, heck even ironwood helps, nova can "stun", not to mention some pets with debuffs. So of course when that FF ended everyone who understimated me as a veno was telling me how amazing I had done.

And about the 69, me and another veno used to tank that on our own with maybe a cleric and an extra DD who knew how the thing actually worked. Pole is basically ping pong between pets and can't be done at that level unless you know how to play your class. Nob can be tanked easier but not without a herc at that level i'm afraid :/. Pyro is child's play.

Basically APS is making casters less valuable indeed, but those squads who wouldn't take a veno just because they don't go APS are just plain stupid :/. I might actually hop back on HT to see what this all is about, cause it's really making me go nuts O_O.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No, I miss real barbs. If venos are a dying breed I think it is to the Sage Venos. I almost never see a demon one anymore. While I haven't leveled my own Mystic yet, I still think venos will win hands down. Sure we can only use one pet at a time, but we have a wider choice of pets than they do. Pets evolve like we do and so they grow as quickly as we let them and they can be strong or weak in areas like real players. For the longest time I had a snow hare and then got a kowlin, I loved them both and still have them in bag. The hare is a sturdy DD/Tank, not like the rock pets, but still good none the less. In my first faction we used to joke that the kowlin was a four-legged version of the bm.

Get into fights, I used to and still do. I always used to argue with TT or dungeon squads about their choice of DDs until they either blocked me or took me (and they usually took me). You have to be convincing. 1. You are two DDs for the price of one. 2. Your pet likely has very useful debuffs. 3. You have amp and purge which I'm sure no class can yet replace. 4. You have that really sexy green tutu you can put on people for added damage.

I think we all miss real, 30k HP barbs, but hey, what's wrong with a sage veno? (and in my guild, there are 5 lvl 100 venos... 4 are demon). I'm going sage myself, I already have Degen lined up.... it's a sexy skill.

And the fact that our pets evolve with us is also a disadvantage; it is far easier for a pet to slug along (levels wise), particually if you have multi-pets (DD, tank, or a lure that's simply gorgeous) affecting your work. Also, I've had the same talk about our little speedy kitty :D

And hey, i'm a fiesty veno, with a cleric main-sub. If i didn;t get into fights... hell, i can;t even consider it. But really, most people just ignor it, the 'Pet damage isn;t reduced.... and he can be a second-tank' Means nothing to most people, and i have NO idea why... Not many bosses need to be purged, and as mentioned, the seekers seem to be wanted, for their pulling and debuffs v.v. Even is one would boost our damage beyond compare...
    Try starting your own squads, with friends and/or randoms
    I always do, I'm not QQ'ing so much for myself, as venos in a whole, while on my cleric, i see venos getting kicked, and it's like 'hey, i like my sparks, thanks!' And the kids don't know that lending hand exists....
    I know the mentality of people now a days has changed from when I was last a higher level...But...with all the others ALSO getting rejected for squads, just band together and get it done when the APS people are too snobby/impatient to squad with you ;)
    You sir, are why I love clerics <3
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the seekers seem to be wanted, for their pulling and debuffs v.v.

The FF squad I was in on my (now demon) veno had 2 seekers, both of them were good at pulling and such, but I could hold aggro on bosses without using pet skills, while the seeker would use the spinning skill and still not take aggro. Basically yeah if you find a squad without a barb but with seeker pullers then it's your lucky day ;) get your pet out and tank those things and you'll make a nice rep for yourself b:chuckle
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • Rivierra - Archosaur
    Rivierra - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't say Venos are a dying breed, I would say that the lack of need(well all those APS people think so) for Venos are making it seem like they are dying out.

A few weeks ago, I had a BH59 squad on my sin with 4 venos in it(sadly my sin had to tank bosses, hello armor repair costs...I get what barbs feel now :D).

So I guess it really depends on where you are. They might seem like they are gone right now, but some people will get bored of their power leveled characters and realise they miss being a veno. I did.
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I think we all miss real, 30k HP barbs, but hey, what's wrong with a sage veno? (and in my guild, there are 5 lvl 100 venos... 4 are demon). I'm going sage myself, I already have Degen lined up.... it's a sexy skill.

And the fact that our pets evolve with us is also a disadvantage; it is far easier for a pet to slug along (levels wise), particually if you have multi-pets (DD, tank, or a lure that's simply gorgeous) affecting your work. Also, I've had the same talk about our little speedy kitty :D

And hey, i'm a fiesty veno, with a cleric main-sub. If i didn;t get into fights... hell, i can;t even consider it. But really, most people just ignor it, the 'Pet damage isn;t reduced.... and he can be a second-tank' Means nothing to most people, and i have NO idea why... Not many bosses need to be purged, and as mentioned, the seekers seem to be wanted, for their pulling and debuffs v.v. Even is one would boost our damage beyond compare...

I always do, I'm not QQ'ing so much for myself, as venos in a whole, while on my cleric, i see venos getting kicked, and it's like 'hey, i like my sparks, thanks!' And the kids don't know that lending hand exists....

In my experience Sage Venos have failed to work well when squaded with a Demon veno. The only time it ever worked was when I squaded Plicid. My ironwood is better when it hits and I hate to see it get written over (clerics do this all the time too with their debuffs). My amp is equally good and my deflect is better. I mean I have no problem squading a sagey if they're willing to watch out for the skills I use too. Plicid loved the debuff from demon venomous.

I fail to see how it is a disavantage lol. It's like having two players for one character. You have your veno, which you can control the growth of, and the pet with its presets. Land pets are easy to level up. You can take them in cube to room four. Water pets are unnecessary, just ask a friend to help you with quests. If you have an air pet you really like or a nix, it's good to keep it leveled up and once you know how much it can take you can do some wild stuff with it.

The only class that I could EVER see outshining a veno at pulling would be a sin. That invisibility trick is pretty neat and if they **** up the pull they can disappear to fix it and try again. Of course, the full room and hallway pulls are a different kind of pulling. ;) It is generally safer for a veno to do a single pull over any other class. 1. If you're built right you can stand to take a hit, plus you have Hood to help. 2. The cactus is a great pulling pet (some people like the rock hurling apes instead). It can range attack a boss and usually without agroing something before it gets there. 3. You've a lot of skills working in your favor, chiefly Hood, but demon SS prevents movement debuffs for a short while and demon FF gives you a speed boost.

The biggest problem nowadays is the powerleveling in FF. Reading only does so much for you. Just this last week I had to show/explain how to pull in 69 with my sin. I remember when my friend taught me that when I was in my 40s or 50s with my veno. I used to practice on random mobs outside of dungeons and in FB29. True, purge isn't needed so much, but amp is awesome. No matter which way you swing for culti it will still be a good skill. It stacks with EP and the debuff from HF (which Demon Nova can do too).

There isn't much you can do for those uneducated fools. I am pretty set in my bias towards sage venos and demon barbs because they were relatively rare just a year ago. A strong stubborn streak runs in my family and it takes a lot to sway my opinion, but it can happen. I have met one or two good sage venos and demon barbs, but they are few and far between (like a good cleric). I mean, if you recall people were pretty leery of the TB and EG classes when they first came out, unsure of their performance. It will all just take time for the game to readjust itself. No class can be made completely useless at this point, I hope.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lets be honest -lol. My Assassin is lower 8x and already with +6 daggers doing comparable DD to my pure mag Lv.102 veno (no pet) w/+54atk level, +10 pataka of melodic +2 Sap Gems, and -48ch. AoE amp for +28.5% (soon to be 50%). That doesn't make my veno obsolete. I don't think my sin could ever farm map 3 like my veno can, and veno amp does stack with sin's. I used to think that Sin's aoe was their weakness, but it's not.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I saw several WCs this weekend calling for venos for Nirvana (on Raging Tide), so hope isn't lost for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i dunno about low levels but high levels,

Veno are still wanted for FC, nirvana and delta.

Its the player issue really.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Venos were always a pure support class and still are. Purge, amp, and ironwood scarab are very important support skills in both PvE and mass PvP. In both cases, sage > demon as the demon path is meant more for 1v1 PvP. Even then, however, venos are the weakest DD class, so venos really should not be trying to act as glass cannons. They aren't good tanks either, because neither a blessed herc nor a heavy armour veno can surpass the tank-ability of a tank-build barb.

I'm a pure support TW veno even though I'm demon - I blame and miss my cute hamburger b:sad
    Nothing is scarier in TW than purge! b:chuckle

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Venos were always a pure support class and still are. Purge, amp, and ironwood scarab are very important support skills in both PvE and mass PvP.

Purge is only a necessity with weaker squads. Amp and Ironwood are outdone by other classes.
    In both cases, sage > demon as the demon path is meant more for 1v1 PvP.

I don't care to get into endless debate, I'm sage: demon is fine for PvE.
    Even then, however, venos are the weakest DD class, so venos really should not be trying to act as glass cannons.

Learn your class.

They aren't good tanks either, because neither a blessed herc nor a heavy armour veno can surpass the tank-ability of a tank-build barb.

Then focus on DD, because that's what we are. Otherwise you fail at all: not dd, not tank, lousy support - fail.
    I'm a pure support TW veno even though I'm demon - I blame and miss my cute hamburger b:sad

Uhm, sure. Not even sage Nova that can one shot a group of toons from a distance, or Demon Nova that makes them all easy kills. You have niche usefulness with purge, and it's certainly not going to profit you much outside of TW.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Venos were always a pure support class and still are. Purge, amp, and ironwood scarab are very important support skills in both PvE and mass PvP. In both cases, sage > demon as the demon path is meant more for 1v1 PvP. Even then, however, venos are the weakest DD class, so venos really should not be trying to act as glass cannons. They aren't good tanks either, because neither a blessed herc nor a heavy armour veno can surpass the tank-ability of a tank-build barb.

~Desiree

i tend to disagree , i have played veno in other server at high lvl (97 ) , and i can pretty much say we are not weak at all. Our dmg is really high , it is just the other magic classes that have higher dmg and this is because of their skills . Venos arent weak , other classes have more firepower , this doenst mean we cant 2 shot things.

Also , demon path is pretty good for PVE too , demon Nova has an amp effect useful for AoE grind (especially at VotS) , demon amp lasts longer (can be a useful alternative to boss fights for more constant dmg in favour of less time of spike dmg) , Demon venomous has an wood debuff , again useful for boss as well , and demon HP/MP skills have less cooldown = less pots. Veno is one of the most balanced class when it comes to choose a cultivation. it just comes to what skills the player prefers to use , and for what aim. ( ill go sage but this is because of a upgraded debuff from ironwood , amplify , soul degenneration nox more dmg and lucky +1 stun duration, Ill certainly miss Demon venomus bramble and ironwood)

HA veno and herc venos dont aim to replace a barb , they are good when there is no barb around (common with all the APS craze) or when the barb doesnt feel like paying a 100k repair fee. but who ****ing cares , it is the 5.0 Bloodpaint sins or BMs who tank these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Purge is only a necessity with weaker squads. Amp and Ironwood are outdone by other classes.
    Agreed. I never said venos are the best at fulfilling that role. Even the amp effect of Demon Nova isn't as good as a lvl 10 BM Heaven's Flame (which with a fist BM, can be cast every cooldown). I am just pointing out that they can add on to the damage.
    Uhm, sure. Not even sage Nova that can one shot a group of toons from a distance, or Demon Nova that makes them all easy kills. You have niche usefulness with purge, and it's certainly not going to profit you much outside of TW.
    Yes, pure DD venos can be strong, but never as strong as a pure DD wizard. A wizards' BIDS will always do more damage than a Nova and probably so much damage that the amp effect will not be necessary (due to 1-shotting all the targets). An undine'd Gush will always do more damage than a demon'd Venomous Scarab. My argument is that if you wish to play a pure DD role, a wizard will be better. If you want to play a pure tank role, a barb is better. If you want to play a pure support role, a BM is probably better. I agree with the OP in the sense that there isn't really specific niche that venos fulfil these days except purge. But as you said (and I agree with), that is a very small niche that archers can actually somewhat fulfill with their purge bows.

Don't misunderstand me. I am not disagreeing with you. I think venos are pretty useless these days. If I had the time to reroll a new class, I would probably either reroll a pure stunlocking BM or a pure support cleric because they fulfil roles that can't easily be replaced by other classes

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Agreed. I never said venos are the best at fulfilling that role. Even the amp effect of Demon Nova isn't as good as a lvl 10 BM Heaven's Flame (which with a fist BM, can be cast every cooldown). I am just pointing out that they can add on to the damage.

Got the impression that veno was being over valued. L10HF only lasts 6 secs, Amp 20s. There's really no easy way to compare them. AoE is faster for clearing most instances, but it's not what's generally practiced. Timing spike damage with HF would likewise be nice but isn't what's generally practiced.
    Yes, pure DD venos can be strong, but never as strong as a pure DD wizard.

It's not a straight on comparison. Veno ch/casts faster, has more patk options, moves faster, etc. Wiz's commonly sacrifice DD to survive RB. In squads: they often have to wait for the tank to atk. Wiz may be nice for PvP, but my wiz is less than half as valuable as my veno for most things PvE.
    A wizards' BIDS will always do more damage than a Nova and probably so much damage that the amp effect will not be necessary (due to 1-shotting all the targets).

But follow that by the secondary AoE: Noxious pwns Hailstorm. There's also Fox Myriad Rainbow and Malefic Crush.

An undine'd Gush will always do more damage than a demon'd Venomous Scarab.

Undine does how much dmg on it's own? -Not sure it's worth the MP drain if you're the only wiz in the squad!
    My argument is that if you wish to play a pure DD role, a wizard will be better.

Wiz sucks for 1-1 DD and AoE. Please explain how and why they're better than any other class at anything at all.
    If you want to play a pure tank role, a barb is better.

Pure tank Barb has niche usefulness such as Harpy Wraith. -Hardly worth building for.

I agree with the OP in the sense that there isn't really specific niche that venos fulfil these days except purge.

We are DDs. Not the best 1-1, or AoE, but a good mix of both.
    Don't misunderstand me. I am not disagreeing with you. I think venos are pretty useless these days.

The majority of venos I come across should just roll over and die. Most are a waste of squad space. -Much of that has to do with misinformation here on this very forum that overplays their value as a purger, encourages vit builds, etc. We can be very dynamic DDs.
    If I had the time to reroll a new class, I would probably either reroll a pure stunlocking BM or a pure support cleric because they fulfil roles that can't easily be replaced by other classes

~Desiree

At end game: Clerics aren't needed for anything, and BMs don't compare to Sin DD. I think the cleric class is frickin' awesome, but sin > bm.
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Both of my venos are demon and I'm proud of that =). No one takes venos anymore because of the herc thing, and no I'm not talking about herc venos possibly tanking one or 2 bosses a bit better than a glaciar veno, I'm talking about noob venos who cash shop for a herc and don't know how to use it lol.

I had gotten into an FF with my newest demon veno and the squad was basically treating me the same way, though the leader was a guildie so he didn't kick me out. Since we ended up barb-less guess who had to tank every boss there... the veno >_>. You should prove them wrong when they think you're not good or anything like that. Venos can pass chi, can bramble, purge, amp, soul degen, heck even ironwood helps, nova can "stun", not to mention some pets with debuffs.

lol, so true. Imo noob venos with hercs are one of the reasons nobody wants venos in fc squads. Venos get replaced for another sin.

Thinking venos are useless -> epic fail b:chuckle

I dont have a herc, and hell i dont want one xD
    I dont even use a pet in fc. Im busy with other things. amping, purging, givin chi, spaming damage and looking good lol

Its so funny beating lvl101 r8 nix venos in duell, without using a pet myself b:laugh
    They feel ashamed when i beat em without takin a single hit myself and their "pro" buddies stand aside b:laughb:laugh

Imo the one who says venos are useless proves he s the bigger noob himself.

Regards
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LongWushi ( hiya Wushi *waves*) pointed that if there's multiple venos in a squad (especially a sage/demon combo) there's issues. Yeah, I've seen it too. I'm sage never had an issue working with Demon venos. Point is you have to know what skills the other path brings and then work it out. The demon veno I worked with the longest...if her ironwood didn't proc then mine went off. No point in her amping I covered all the amping. As for the Bramble...we let the tank decide which they preferred depending on the type of run we were doing.

If people don't know what the other path brings to the table then it's just screwed up.

I've also given luring lessons. It's not just venos that are getting screwed over by the FF power leveling it's every single class. Anyone can come in and power level a char. The only ones I've seen that do it and do it affectively are the multi-class players that have been playing for ages. The newbs just suck plain and simple. They can have all the money in the world get rank 9 but if they don't know how to play their char they have a fabulously geared char that completely blows.

You know it's pretty sad state of affairs when a veno shoots a cleric in spark after they put up BB....and the response you get is, "OMG you know how to spark...a veno that actually knows. TY TY" That's usually followed by...you must be an older player or someone taught by one.

Yeah....the newb FF players are basically **** all chars over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namidatears - Harshlands
    Namidatears - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You have that really sexy green tutu you can put on.

b:laugh you make me laught so much b:laugh
    =Palynzer= b:bye
  • tweakz
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Now that I've played cleric in FF, I don't see the big deal about getting sparks from veno. I think it has to do with chars that never played veno and think their sparks are meant for them. IH works fine where most clerics BB. BB wastes MP pots and sparks when over used. WTH is wrong with letting veno use Nova?
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Now that I've played cleric in FF, I don't see the big deal about getting sparks from veno. I think it has to do with chars that never played veno and think their sparks are meant for them. IH works fine where most clerics BB. BB wastes MP pots and sparks when over used. WTH is wrong with letting veno use Nova?

Can we also add barbs in this. I do respect the need for sparks at a pull ( for invoke) but chi for Flesh ream ??? ( i have encountered this). I mean , cant they just sustain an ok chi pool along with bestial rage ( chi building skill).

I know im not at a lvl to speak for things as FF TT 3-x or Nirvana and RB delta , but i do much prefer to give my sparks to BMs for HF ( if they dont use claws for chi) or use them for Nova / 2x spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Can we also add barbs in this. I do respect the need for sparks at a pull ( for invoke) but chi for Flesh ream ??? ( i have encountered this). I mean , cant they just sustain an ok chi pool along with bestial rage ( chi building skill).

I know im not at a lvl to speak for things as FF TT 3-x or Nirvana and RB delta , but i do much prefer to give my sparks to BMs for HF ( if they dont use claws for chi) or use them for Nova / 2x spark.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to hold my tongue in FF after watching Veno team mates without asking, automatically pass chi on to the Cleric when clearly not needed such as when we're about to fight an aoeing boss such as Asoteric Runewolf (no BB possible). And here I am frantically trying to gain chi for HF via alter marrowing before the Sins' in squad demon spark... all the while watching Veno's "helping hand" skill go to waste.

But I guess many venos have been "brought up" in FF to believe that the Cleric must be first priority no matter what and get snippy or ignore you when told otherwise so I just don't bother. b:surrender
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    But I guess many venos have been "brought up" in FF to believe that the Cleric must be first priority no matter what and get snippy or ignore you when told otherwise so I just don't bother. b:surrender

This is difference between a real good Venomancer and one that is simply copying guide. The good player is able to judge when the guide must not be followed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    stuff
    My main concern and how I judge classes is mostly for mass PvP and TW where I see wizards and clerics playing very important, difficult-to-substitute roles. PvE-wise, I can't say that I PvE enough to fairly judge any class to be honest. To my guildies, I'm known for falling asleep in Nirvana b:chuckle
    Its so funny beating lvl101 r8 nix venos in duell, without using a pet myself b:laugh
    They feel ashamed when i beat em without takin a single hit myself and their "pro" buddies stand aside b:laughb:laugh
    lol duels. Whether or not a veno has 8jun or even a nix has nothing to do with their survivability, especially if they're stunlocked. Its like saying that you're able to 1-shot a sin with a 9jun weapon. Whether their wearing 9jun daggers or HH60 daggers makes no difference.

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Assassinal - Heavens Tear
    Assassinal - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times I've had to hold my tongue in FF after watching Veno team mates without asking, automatically pass chi on to the Cleric when clearly not needed such as when we're about to fight an aoeing boss such as Asoteric Runewolf (no BB possible). And here I am frantically trying to gain chi for HF via alter marrowing before the Sins' in squad demon spark... all the while watching Veno's "helping hand" skill go to waste.

I never give sparks on my veno to anyone unless they ask for it. I would rather save them for nova.

This^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Siggy by Silvychar.
  • tweakz
    edited April 2011
    Options

I'd been running FF for quite some time before someone explained what HF was. Before that I just figured it was just another toon thinking they deserved the chi more than me.
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I love your mentality.

But I gotta admit, I was quite dejected when I was kicked out of certain squads because I was just a veno. Last time, I used to be asked along all the time because I had a herc and was good at using my veno skills. People underestimate how good Ironwood can really be. That's my favourite skill. Spam that, and it's quite equal to amp. Not many bosses require purge. Well, not up to BH 69.

It is very sad. I mean, I think the introduction of seekers and mystics was to add an edge of DIVERSIFICATION into the game, but instead, people are just sidelining various classes and claiming that it's not important. In fact, I was so sad, that I kinda stuffed my veno into the closet and started training my cleric. Got it from 60-74 in a couple of days, thanks to grinding, quests, and BHs. Now I'm starting a barb, cause I miss having a barb in my squad, and if no one wants to play em. HELL I WILL.

Barbs, venos and clerics have buffs that are unique and will ultimately outshine those of a seeker and a mystic. Like really, no matter what they think.

So back to Jeremiah's point, I think we need to find one another and start forming our own squads and show the rest how we can shine using the original ways of fighting.

Cleric's BB + Barb's AOE and attacks and debuffs + Veno's skills = Epic win, for sure.

Of course, I'm not slandering any classes. I'm just saying that I think, we need to remember how much we can provide to a squad.

I should be taking my own advice though. (stares at sad veno in closet). But I admit, it does make you feel glum when you see a message: You have been kicked out of squad.

Then you get a PM: YOUR APS SUCKS.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

If they're paying attention, then yes, Bestial Rage will sustain the chi pool decently. They just need to make sure they activate it when they're pulling.

What really used to irk me was in my early 80s when I was running FF's with barbs and clerics and I'd spark the cleric right after BB went up and then the squad would have to sit around before the next pull because the cleric and barb both wanted sparks and no one would even dual each other to get chi.

TBH, it really depends on the squad and how easily the tank can keep aggro. You can get a hot shot or two in there that will hit mobs early or spark/aoe before aggro is established or w/e and without BB up, things can go South pretty quickly. On the other hand, I've cleric'd full squads before without having to put up BB even once (excluding the last boss).

Although on the MP issue- BB becomes cheaper once you get the level 11 versions of things like IH.

Then you get a PM: YOUR APS SUCKS.

Don't feel bad about hearing that. My 2.22 sin has been rejected from squads for not having enough APS. The same people have then begged me to come when they find out that I have both sage Bloodpaint and Subsea.

The main problem with APS, -int in particular, is that it's easily measurable. With no other information other than how much -int you have, the higher the -int is, the "better" someone may be, or at least less likely to be a complete fail. (It's pretty hard to mess up spark & auto-attack.)

The skill of a player is unmeasurable by anything other than experience with them and their reputation. How many times have we said on these forums that other venos are complete ****? Noobism and idiocracy aren't class specific. If you were a cleric/aps-toon, and you needed to fill a squad and were given either a 4.0 BM or a veno/wiz/psy/<insert class> who would you pick? 90% of the people would pick the -int toon simply because of less likelihood of failure. No, it's not fair, and it's not right; but 9 times out of 10, it's the safer gamble.
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol duels. Whether or not a veno has 8jun or even a nix has nothing to do with their survivability, especially if they're stunlocked. Its like saying that you're able to 1-shot a sin with a 9jun weapon. Whether their wearing 9jun daggers or HH60 daggers makes no difference.

~Desiree

b:chuckle If im able to knock out another arcane armour wearing class like i told above it IS fact veno damage is nice, right? No, so explain me pls what is wrong or bad damage if lower mage class with bad gear 2shot higher, rank geared, refined, arcane armour wearing class????
    Im very interested in your explaination.
    P.S. Sure in open battlefield im dead meat, but maybe cause of less good,refined, sharded gear and the lack in HP and Def.

But saying venos are bad DDs is ****.