A Minor Annoyance

Selvyn - Raging Tide
Selvyn - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Mystic
Hello!

It isn't a big enough deal to be something that MUST BE FIXED, but its enough for me to come onto the forums and make a thread about it.

My problem is, Salvation.

I LOOOVE her buffs and i think they are a fantastic aid to anyone no matter what their class is, but its just a little irritating that she can't seem to buff Assassins that are in stealth, the problem was highlighted yesterday during FCs. The sin would get ready to go to kill a shade or do the sin pull and it seemed abit silly to have to ask for the sin to unstealth so that i could buff them with salvation. Im not saying the sins couldn't manage without the buffs, but abit of extra defence is always nice.

Anywho, im not expecting anything to change with the buffs but it I just thought ide bring it to other mystic's attention so they know when they start doing fcs/instances with a sin.

And of course, if this has already been brought up i do apologise!
Also Known as Wylo.
Post edited by Selvyn - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I know what you mean, is anoying! Other thing that is anoying is when salvation is set to defend and you are killing a mob, if she has mp she will cast the buff on the mob instead you (not that the mob gets the buff, but she will waste all mp casting buffs) and also in pvp the same thing, she will cast the buff in your opponent instead you, if you want the buff you have to click on yourself first then try to get the target again. They should make her smarter then that if she is a defense summon she should cast buffsb:surrender to defend us not your opponent.
  • Selvyn - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    agreed! ive only watched a few mystics pvp as im still waay to squishy to even consider pushing the pvp button, and ive heard from other mystics that have had the same problem with buffing their targets.

ahh well, dispite her downsides shes still a good summon, but it would just be great if she could be refined to cast her buffs on stealth sins and cast on yourself automatically if u haven't got anyone targetted or your in pvp and u have everything switched on so u just buff yourself. Basically, pwi needs to get salvation to read the rule book on do's and dont's.
    Also Known as Wylo.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol they gave the mystics the same **** pet A.I as the veno pets. seriuosly they really should consider revamping the summon/pet A.I. they can do some extremely stupid things at times
  • AegisGray - Heavens Tear
    AegisGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    With the veno pet bars you can turn their skills off so they don’t use them till -you- click on them. Im not sure if the mystics summon bar works the same way or not.

The highlighted skill (usually at the far left of their skill bar) can be right clicked to make it inactive. This will keep her from casting the buff on an enemy target. Alternatively you can right click a different skill to make that skill active or automaticly used.

However I agree it would be nice to make the buff only usable on -friendly- targets as opposed to -any- target.
    Finding Solutions to many of your problems starts by looking in the mirror and accepting a small measure of responsibility
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    salvation is a little annoying to me too sometimes. i understand that it should take awhile to cast her buffs but seriously? on some pullers i put her buffs on them, and they just start goin once they see one of the buffs and i didnt get to cast both ><
    With the veno pet bars you can turn their skills off so they don't use them till -you- click on them. Im not sure if the mystics summon bar works the same way or not.
    yes this works for mystics too.

another annoying thing is that even if you are clicked on nothing her buff still does not cast on yourself ~_~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Another thing I found annoying is when the salvation is attacking and I tell her to buff a party member, she continues to attack! I have to press the skills at least 5x before she wakes up. Maybe that's just me?
  • Selvyn - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Another thing I found annoying is when the salvation is attacking and I tell her to buff a party member, she continues to attack! I have to press the skills at least 5x before she wakes up. Maybe that's just me?

Simple solution is to put her on manual and have her not attack, since she is about as tough as a wet noodle when attacking her foes its better to just have her on manual so she can cast buffs immediately so the person that needs them isn't put in prolonged danger.

Hope this helps your problem :)
    Also Known as Wylo.