is this cool game?

Options
rex1002
rex1002 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
hello.
i am new to perfect world online. i just want to ask, is this cool game? i can see that this game also got good populations. so it make me want to try it. i heard that this game are so relaxing and really fun.
b:cuteb:laughb:pleasedb:chuckleb:shutup
Post edited by rex1002 on

Comments

• Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    rex1002 wrote: »
    hello.
    i am new to perfect world online. i just want to ask, is this cool game? i can see that this game also got good populations. so it make me want to try it. i heard that this game are so relaxing and really fun.but this game are little old o_o

Guess it depends on your matter of perspective
  • rex1002
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i mean what are your perspective about this game? not my perspective
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this is a mmorg
    chances are, 95% of the people on the forums will be here to complain, while those who are happy tend to not have the need to post to much, so dont judge by what people say all the time 0.o

i like this game, but i dont take it as seriously as some others

its a fun diversion
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You want to try it, so try it. You'll see whether it's cool or not once you do.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    good user community. decent game content provided you're not all hyper about reaching the top levels now-now-now without bothering with all the levels in between. bit grindy, but they're actively reducing that. game balance all shot to hell, company uses the game economy for target practice and they're shooting artillery cannons at it, customer service is decent at best and nonexistent at worst, bug fixing doesn't happen, but the social aspect of the game keeps me coming back; the user community and the friends i've made are worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hello.
    i am new to perfect world online. i just want to ask, is this cool game? i can see that this game also got good populations. so it make me want to try it. i heard that this game are so relaxing and really fun.

Just bring your Wallet, a Stiff drink, and a handgun.
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hello.

Absolutly NO, better invest your time somewhere else. As you can notice from the threads there are a LOT of unhappy players and no answers from the GMs.

in this game the only thing that care it's how much you pay, players that spend more than 2000$+ are common, if you think to become a player whit good gear staying free well, forget it!!! (unless you want to trade your life for this **** game)

If you can pay that amount of cash, just go to a pay to play game, they has a better gameplay, better support and better content.

Don't even try pwi, if you don't want to belive me check the forum, check how many posts are negative and how many are positive.

Unistall and move on
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yes, but the economy is ****ed.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ^This
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    game is addictive

but like others just said before me its out growing its self, constant new adds to gear and upgrading your char, but instances and the game its self haven't changed and a lack horribly, only think keeping me here atm is i have a cleric who after 2 years isnt 100 yet how idk, and a sin who just hit 100, but im constantly searching for something new. pwi is just a bit too strong a crack for me
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't know if I'd recommend it.

The devs are in a communist country and don't give a **** about anything but new content, bugs from 3 years ago aren't fixed.

Exploits from 3 years ago aren't fixed.

The CM's/GM's are completely incapable of actually moderating the game itself, the forum moderators are doing okay at moderating the forums (come on, World Chat is turning into sexy time, and there's kids in one of my factions... good grief).

They want to make money more than anything else, so every dollar that's spent goes to someone's pockets, and not back into the game (otherwise... There would be some, you know, bug fixes, exploit fixes, more moderation of in-game content, etc).

If you want QUALITY, go play a Pay to Play MMO. You'll spend less, get more, and have a better experience, make it to endgame faster, meet more friendly people, find balanced game play, and the GM's will tweak the skills, classes, and overall world CONSTANTLY for balance.

PWI is completely static. Something is unbalanced here, and has been UNTOUCHED for over a year (more or less, the ENTIRE GAME).

But in the end, it's still addicting... Even if the Devs are complete morons. And the company in China that owns the game... Is even more so.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    game is addictive

So very true... and if you don't mind not having Awesome UBER Outsanding gear, you can even play it for free :)
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this is a mmorg
    chances are, 95% of the people on the forums will be here to complain.

Really not true,I've seen other MMO forums and they aren't this bad.

I know ppl that complained about other mmos getting too CS based and moved on,then they tried PWI and said that they didn't know the true meaning of a CS-based game till they saw this.

And it's only addictive if you let it,ijs. Might take some effort to "quit",for some ppl it's better if they do something to their characters so that they have nothing to come back to and quit right away while for some it's better if they start playing less & less till they don't feel like logging on at all anymore and barely throw a post or 2 on the forums every few days now (<fit's in this category). Ofc,there's always the risk of wanting to come back even after a few months which is why playing/doing something else to occupy the time that you used to play PWI with is highly recommended.

My 1.5 pennies. b:cute
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't seem to recall us getting round 2 of Jewelscalen pulling (or whatever it is you did before leaving the 1st time). C'mon Ayano! The popcorn is getting stale!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have to say, I mostly agree with what's been said here. There are good aspects to the game. A lot of those good things come into play because of the people playing the game, not those working on it. And you -can- get good gear and items in game without spending any money, just know to expect PW to do something stupid in their cash shop that will devalue what you just spent months working for by at least half. So, basically, the game is glitchtastic, imbalanced and boring at times. The people running the game are greedy and nothing ever get fixed. They'll **** over those paying their bills for the sake of making an extra dollar. But some of the people are cool.

((Forum mods should not take offense to this, I don't really put you into the category of those running the game. I actually think the forum mods seem pretty nice.))
  • rex1002
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Absolutly NO, better invest your time somewhere else. As you can notice from the threads there are a LOT of unhappy players and no answers from the GMs.

in this game the only thing that care it's how much you pay, players that spend more than 2000$+ are common, if you think to become a player whit good gear staying free well, forget it!!! (unless you want to trade your life for this **** game)
    oh come on. i played alot mmorpgs games before. i saw many others mmorpg forums are worse than this and i see this forum is not bad in my eye. its nice.

and about pay, it doesnt matter for me. of course nothing in this world are 100% free. there must have a payment.

and i dont know why you called this game as ****. i guess you got history behind your words.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sincerely, I really like the game, in small doses (too much addiction to a MMO will make its flaws jump at you and you would QQ and ragequit one day).
    Some of its features are unique and it's free to play. And since I don't care being capped and 'be the very best', I guess I got what I wanted.

Of course at times there were bad choices from management and other bugs all of us would want to have fixed, but there's the same kind of issues in all massive online games...
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The game engine is over 7 years old. Instead of adding content, the last two major updates over the last two years didn't provide any end-game content and was solely created to make money, not satisfy player anticipations. The graphics are dated. The gameplay is static. The game has no more continuity. The balance is bad but not really worth mentioning compared to the inept management decisions of the PWI staff. The shelf life of this game is really nearing the end. The only long time players are either hardcore addicts or are only sticking around because of the friends they've made. Player retention is actually quite low on this game compared to others. The economy is horribly broken.

The game used to have potential. Now I'd just say move along and find a newer game.

The real problem with PW has been the mis-management of this version of the game.

If you can afford ****, that would probably be a far better choice.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The game engine is over 7 years old. Instead of adding content, the last two major updates over the last two years didn't provide any end-game content and was solely created to make money, not satisfy player anticipations. The graphics are dated. The gameplay is static. The game has no more continuity. The balance is bad but not really worth mentioning compared to the inept management decisions of the PWI staff. The shelf life of this game is really nearing the end. The only long time players are either hardcore addicts or are only sticking around because of the friends they've made. Player retention is actually quite low on this game compared to others. The economy is horribly broken.

The game used to have potential. Now I'd just say move along and find a newer game.

The real problem with PW has been the mis-management of this version of the game.

If you can afford ****, that would probably be a far better choice.

Afford **** ? PM me please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Afford **** ? PM me please.
    b:fatb<--that
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    its so cool, your momma plays it! ooo burn! ... oh wait, that means your mom is cool too then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Try Forsaken World instead =P
    *Semi retired*
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Try something that is not related to PW entertaiment instead =P

For real, stay away from this company.
  • Rivierra - Archosaur
    Rivierra - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

***** game is *****
    Try something that is not related to PW entertaiment instead =P

For real, stay away from this company.

This^
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

FW will end up like PWI and so will other their games!
  • Rivierra - Archosaur
    Rivierra - Archosaur Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

It already has.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    It already has.

lol how?
    *Semi retired*
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Better play a game that is still good than play something that's been fked up already =P
    *Semi retired*
  • Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver
    Samurai_Jack - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Game was intersing back then when i started hited lvl 100 and then you start looking at
    the endgame gears and umm... no way man I'm not paying that much XD
    and it's a boring most of the time every day it repeated itself haha
    Long ago in a distant land,I Aku the shape shifting master of gods
    unleashed an unspeakable evil, but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me.Before the final blow was stroked I do opened a portal in time and send him into the future were my evil is grown.Now the fool seems to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've played a lot of f2p MMOs, and some p2p, and this is the one I've stuck with.

I love PWI's character customization, and its gorgeous graphics, and its community. Yeah, a lot of people QQ about the cash shop ruling all, and they have a point... but if you don't care about being uberleet, and having 5.0 attacks per second and being able to solo elite dungeons like Frost.... then yes, this is a really fun, relaxing game.

I've played for over two years and haven't even hit my 90s yet (by current standards, this is veeeery slow), because I like to take my time and explore each new area that opens up. I do every quest, immersing myself in the story. And then, of course, I switch to an alt character and do it all again and again and again and again... b:chuckle

Like I said, I think character appearance customization is my favorite aspect of the game. PWI really goes above and beyond in that aspect. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09