Pure Mag, really?

aldusmischas
aldusmischas Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Mystic
I know there are 51561651320354641513 threads about build, this is not going to be the exception.

OK, so here it goes. Build pure mag? I have so many friends telling me to put some points on vit, and I tried but my mystic practilly swallows the mp pool. I never have enough mp, so I constantly put points on mag (and 1 for strg for arcane armor).

Tell me about your builds and the results. What do you think? Did you have any problems with your vit?

I know we have to take into account the gear we wear. DON'T expect a good gear from me. Im a shoppaholic, so I never have enough money (my my what a problem xD)

*sorry for my english b:cry*
Post edited by aldusmischas on

Comments

• Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm pure magic.

10 hp per vit point is kinda low and i get my hp from shards/refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm pure magic.

10 hp per vit point is kinda low and i get my hp from shards/refines.

I do same and seems to work perfectly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    its harder in the lower levels to keep your MP up, especially if your too low to use the herb MP pots (75 ones). i have 100 vit base and rest on mag. my MP is just fine (i have over 8k, not sure exactly how much, i think by 100 ill have around 9k+). my attack is good also (i find myself stealing aggro quite often enough to say that it doesnt suck). I am the same as you, i wont have the best gear in the world (by 100 im hoping for tt99/rank 8 at the best), and i dont think ill go more than +4 refines, so the VIT really helps me in that situation also.

only downsideto pure mag is the lack in health and if you dont have good p.def that last boss in FC is able to 1 hit you with his aoe alone xD (ive seen it happen countless times). but upside is tons of MP and higher attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I also have 100 pt in vit and Im doing fine. Gives me enough HP to tank and solo bosses and not depend so much on healing myself. I think vit build is pretty good on the lower levels but after you hit 9x-10x you may be look for more magic attack. So I will reset some point from vit to magic after I get my end game gears. And also remember that points in Vit also gives you bonus in pdef. that you cant get from shard/refines.b:cute

Maybe buy some resets and try different builds for yourself...
  • Iaegle - Dreamweaver
    Iaegle - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    only downsideto pure mag is the lack in health and if you dont have good p.def that last boss in FC is able to 1 hit you with his aoe alone xD (ive seen it happen countless times). but upside is tons of MP and higher attack.

Mystics have Verdent shell which gives them better phy def then any other AA class besides wizzies. And almost everyone at low lvls dies at that boss. That's what auto rez is for.

Full magic is ideal. If you need hp then just refine your things and put shards in your end game gear and you should be fine =) My mystic at lvl 90 had 10k phy def fully buffed and 5.8k hp. (mind you this is buffed lol)
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Pure mag is for pvping and if you can afford to refine.

Even pve doesn't require mag. You're two best skills don't rely on magic stat. Thicket and Cragglord only requires weapon damage and refines. Not unless you plan in 1 on 1 grinding mobs forever.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I believe that if you are going to solo most of the game, a vit build is going to work well since you will use mp just for yourself and you will also have more HP to survive.

However, if you have a partner, companion, friend or whatever, you will find yourself using a lot of MP and therefore, pure mag is the way to go.

My soulmate plays a seeker and tanks for me while I heal/debuff. I do use a lot of mp to heal him, myself (when needed), debuff, attack, give mp to summons etc. whereas if I were alone I would only have to worry about my HP (sometimes I can just use the genie skill) and healing my summon.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Putting points in Vit won't cripple your MP pool to such an extent at all, end of the day, you got to pot eventually, plus you will be using the level 75 mp pots anyway when in groups, I think not having a bit of points in vit is a bit of a bad idea regardless of refines, end of the day, the more hp you got, better chance of living I personally think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think not having a bit of points in vit is a bit of a bad idea regardless of refines, end of the day, the more hp you got, better chance of living I personally think.

I disagree with you. In this day we use mystic/cleric heals, crab meat and HP charms, so the chance of living depends on your own ability on how well you play your mystic, not if you got more hp or not. If you don't heal yourself, of course you'll die faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Lich_Man - Lost City
    Lich_Man - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It seems that the putting some points into vit might be beneficial but the question is how much and where to cap it at. Because eventually your going to have to switch to the pure build after a while.
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    putting 10 vit gives u 100 Hp, 100 vit gives u 1k hp. At lower lvls its nice ... but useless. you should be able to heal urself or kill the mob faster if u have that extra magic instead of vit. At highest lvls by refining ur gear and shard it with citrines you get more HP so i dont really see the point in putting vit . The only thing u get is to "hit like a girl" Every class i dueled so far told me same thing... i heal too fast. Mystics should take advantage of this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...