simple and no downside to anyone - free teleporting

MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Suggestion Box
As per title, whats the point of charging for teleporting? Theres so many money sinks already. The DEVS seem to be developing the game towards levelling as fast as possible anyway, and with free teleporting people would move around and quest quicker.

Imagine if all teleports were activated and all free? Who loses? I mean I cant imagine anyone buys zen to be able to use a teleporter so they wont lose money there, and I think overall there would be more team play and instance running as well.
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    teleporting is cheap as is.. and we are in desperate need of coin sinks (see 900k gold prices). I do not support this at all.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I respect your opinion and I note your level.

I teleport everywhere and grind on my veno to get money but when I need 20mill for just one skill for this cleric, like demon revive, then the cost of teleporting seems insignificant, but every bit counts.

Having said that the cost is still prohibitve to some players. I still regularly wait in bh's (when Im caught out mainly) whilst players fly back and forth between certain npc's or teleporters to save on the cost.

And you say the game desperatly needs money sinks? Who is that aimed at? 95+ players doing Nirvana all day long? It certainly doesnt apply at my level. I cant easily make money and could easily spend 300mill on gear and skills right now if I had it. Very few people I quest with have any money lying around.

Now you want money sinks - have you read the cost requirements to get a faction base......
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Free city/village teleports would be nice, but I'm against activating all of the teleporters at once. One of my biggest accomplishments was manually picking up every teleport, and if one doesn't want to spend the time doing that, spend the 5 gold on the Geographic Map.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I respect your opinion and I note your level.

I teleport everywhere and grind on my veno to get money but when I need 20mill for just one skill for this cleric, like demon revive, then the cost of teleporting seems insignificant, but every bit counts.

Having said that the cost is still prohibitve to some players. I still regularly wait in bh's (when Im caught out mainly) whilst players fly back and forth between certain npc's or teleporters to save on the cost.

And you say the game desperatly needs money sinks? Who is that aimed at? 95+ players doing Nirvana all day long? It certainly doesnt apply at my level. I cant easily make money and could easily spend 300mill on gear and skills right now if I had it. Very few people I quest with have any money lying around.

Now you want money sinks - have you read the cost requirements to get a faction base......

Nirvana is 100+ dude
    Faction base COSTS?
    it's 200mil, in a faction of say 150 members, everyone donates 2mil coins (no, that's not alot of money for end game. ANd gues what, base is end game content), you have the base.
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As per title, whats the point of charging for teleporting? Theres so many money sinks already. The DEVS seem to be developing the game towards levelling as fast as possible anyway, and with free teleporting people would move around and quest quicker.

Imagine if all teleports were activated and all free? Who loses? I mean I cant imagine anyone buys zen to be able to use a teleporter so they wont lose money there, and I think overall there would be more team play and instance running as well.

Cash shop does indeed make money by selling teleport stones and a map which activates all waypoints so yes they would lose money. In your next post you talk about every little bit adding up while saying that teleport fees are an insignificant coin sink. Irony? I think so.

You want to save money? Fly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Coin sinks need to be added not removed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Aincalan - Archosaur
    Aincalan - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011

You want to save money? Fly.
    What about those under 30 that can't fly? How exactly can they save money by flying?

@OP: This would be nice. But as Kritty said, free teles but you have to activate all the teleports.
  • RaeXII - Lost City
    RaeXII - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What about those under 30 that can't fly? How exactly can they save money by flying?

@OP: This would be nice. But as Kritty said, free teles but you have to activate all the teleports.

Before level 30, there's hardly a need to fly or go anywhere. The quests keep you generally in the same two towns. If you're flying all over the place out of boredom, then you're not following the plot as it was intended. Teleporting is one of the main coin-sinks in this game. It keeps inflation from rising therefore keeping prices lower. You'd have them remove it then complain about why the cost of everything was so incredibly high. e___e
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Nirvana is 100+ dude
    Faction base COSTS?
    it's 200mil, in a faction of say 150 members, everyone donates 2mil coins (no, that's not alot of money for end game. ANd gues what, base is end game content), you have the base.
    +500 warsong mats, 200 chips, and 2000 subs.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    To MageMERC: Harvesting and then selling to shops is a good way for me to cope up with sinks like repairs or teleporting. Just now I will get the equivalent of 4k to pay the fee Archo-Tellus-Archo on my seeker and mystic. I will add repairs to that. I'm that cheapo. That said, I always manage to gain more than I spend thanks to this pattern.

To Asterelle: People will be QQing at what you said, but I agree. I'd even troll and topic-drift a bit by saying that faction base is a successful one.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Snipero_Wolf - Heavens Tear
    Snipero_Wolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    teleporting should be free or atleast cheaper. i cant afford to waste money to tele from dreamweaver to dreaming cloud or somting for 8k but i dont want to have to fly all the time either
  • Alt_toon - Sanctuary
    Alt_toon - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    teleporting is cheap as is.. and we are in desperate
    need of coin sinks (see 900k gold prices). I do not support this at all.

I agree that teleporting is cheap as it is, but I do not see any need for making it free as I barely tele. But why would you want a desperate coin sink because of getting 900k/gold or so? Money sources are from boutique items most likely.
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Free city/village teleports would be nice, but I'm against activating all of the teleporters at once. One of my biggest accomplishments was manually picking up every teleport, and if one doesn't want to spend the time doing that, spend the 5 gold on the Geographic Map.

I do have a habit of talking to every teleport NPC, but for some reason I never really teleport because of it costing like above 5k coins or so. I just move and kill mobs on the way.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    teleport fees are fine where they are. the 3k-and-less ones i pay, the higher ones i fly instead. then again, i DO have a +3.0 flyer on my main, so...

we want coinsinks, yes? here's a coinsink: introduce teleport stones and teleport incense as purchasable items from merchant NPCs. make them reasonably cheap, at maybe 8-10k per stone and maybe 5-6k per incense. watch people start teleporting all over the place, burning kilocoins each time. this would certainly do the game more good than removing bleedin' doors out of bleedin' FB maps, anyway.

(teleport stones are just pointlessly expensive as they are, at --- what --- 25k per stone when made from tokens? might as well not have them.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Teleporting to the major cities is only 1k. That's like a few DQ items sold to a NPC. Heck, it's only 1 DQ item at my level, but I guess since everyone FC's now and doesn't quest I guess no one gets many DQ items anymore. Teleporting to Archosaur is free after a certain level, you just run threw the cube and pick up a badge while you are at it.
    If you get in a decent faction for TW, teleporting is free to the lands you own. The only high prices for teleporting I see is 1k streams and DW port. For those you can just fly, I honestly don't go up there all that often anyway. For all those complaining about flying, I do world quest everyday and fly the entire thing. And I am totally with the people saying under level 30 shouldn't be teleporting all over the place anyway. Stick to around archosaur like you are supposed to.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i dont really think it would do any harm at all to remove the teleport costs.

the cash shop adds so much coin to the market with tokens. this change wouldn't do anything.

this coin sink is pretty much like trying to stop the titanic from sinking by bailing out water with a 5 gallon bucket.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.