Faction, which to join....*ponders*

Dsholder - Dreamweaver
Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Tideswell (East)
When I come back to playing PWI seriously, which faction should I join? I'd like to know, based off of my friends that are still in current factions, or if they have left the factions they where in. Please tell me here which faction you think I should join and why, remember though I'd like to join one with familiar faces.
[SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
Post edited by Dsholder - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    EQ - need members

Bicycle Club - youll be the only barb! hey unique QQ

Regen - drown in endless masses of furrballs

o_o - lvl 105+ sorry

g,ay - saw them actively recruiting in worldchat, might be something for you :D
    i like potato
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    EQ - need members

Bicycle Club - youll be the only barb! hey unique QQ

Regen - drown in endless masses of furrballs

o_o - lvl 105+ sorry

g,ay - saw them actively recruiting in worldchat, might be something for you :D

Tell me more about this Bicycle Club one? Can you pull up a link page? I'm not interested in EQ or froom's old faction.......yeah I don't imagine being 105+ quickly once I'm back, unless Komatsu pulls for me ...hmm.....Regen sounds very interesting I'd like to picture it, a pool made out of barbarians while others are trying to swim around aha

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    bicycle club from a biased point of view is:

take all the wc-trash talking people from eq and make a faction -> there it is :o

eq on the other hand looks much more appealing now, people wise

imo of course ~

edit:
    MOST REGEN BARBS ARE ACTUAL FEMALES!
    steukbarb, DangerField, Deadwake, MightyCat, OneMeanCat, BigWacky, FuRry_BaLL, Rob_Zomby, Lucy_Black ...
    i like potato
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    :O when did bigwacky steuk and danger change sex? damn it happened when i quitted QQ not fair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Runemine - Dreamweaver
    Runemine - Dreamweaver Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You know where your coming back too -_-

Or time to hunt you down(Eventually)
    101 Blademaster(Pro/Fail 4.0 BM with 11k base HP+G16(+10))
    100 Seeker(The Vortex Beast)
    86 Assassin(Solo king)
    76 Archer(Squishy Nuker)
    72 Cleric(Horrible healer)
    67 Barb(Buff baby)
    61 Wizard(King Aoe)
    37 Mystic(Fun project)
  • Rob_Zomby - Dreamweaver
    Rob_Zomby - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    how come my name is highlighted :'(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toxie - Dreamweaver
    Toxie - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011

take all the wc-trash talking people from eq and make a faction -> there it is :o

imo of course ~

edit:
    MOST REGEN BARBS ARE ACTUAL FEMALES!
    steukbarb, DangerField, Deadwake, MightyCat, OneMeanCat, BigWacky, FuRry_BaLL, Rob_Zomby, Lucy_Black ...

When did Lucy and Furry turn female? Cause they always sounded oh so sexy male to me. b:chuckle
  • Viscosity - Dreamweaver
    Viscosity - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Cuz rob is one sexy lady!
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    :O when did bigwacky steuk and danger change sex? damn it happened when i quitted QQ not fair

When did you quit D:*licks*
    Lemme use your account to farm moneh for r8 >.>

You should join Rythm and Rhyme b:avoid

I heard this Cleric named Viscosity got a sex change aswell....now shes a woman o.o
  • Viscosity - Dreamweaver
    Viscosity - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Man* Alias~ A big strong man! with muscles! o.o
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Have my babies now? :D

*licks*
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Have my babies now? :D

You`re cheating on me ? With a girl ?
    I`ll quote sir Decus here:
    "Go die in a hole" b:cute

I`m disappointed Alias. I felt something between us ... you know what I mean :C
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    You`re cheating on me ? With a girl ?

I`m disappointed Alias. I felt something between us ... you know what I mean :C

I felt it too....all 197 times we did it b:dirty
    And as she said shes not a woman D:
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    Elendria - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2011

imo of course ~

Rob_Zomby, Lucy_Black ...

qq hex I am not a wc-trash talker and I am in bicycle club b:cry
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2011

My reputation precedes me b:cute
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    My reputation precedes me b:cute
    As does your smell.

~-~
  • Pakoshi - Dreamweaver
    Pakoshi - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm a WC trash talker!

No idea wtf bicycle club is though b:sad
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah! That Pakoshi is a nab! Totally not some halfasleep cleric who forgot which account he had logged in or anything b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Some of my friends have told me about a new faction called InTamdem, does anyone know anything about this faction?

I know before I took my break I was in Tempest, but something happened to make lots of the Pkers to go to :3 and it weakened Tempest a good bit...

Which factions are some of the people I know in atm?

When I get my new computer I'm gonna log in, relearn my barbarian's skills, then practice some instance runs, then check the price of items...after that It's pretty much choosing which faction to apply to and join.

I'm hoping to join a faction that's created for TW purposes, but where the members are capable of respecting each other and not flaunting their egos. Please tell me links I can go to to check out some of the factions, or just post some information on the ones you have if so, and thanks in advance.

• ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    IT http://intandem-dw.com/
    Its a TW-Faction. If you dont TW dont apply there.
    As for pk rules (i dont know if you are whitenamed), none (just dont farm lower levels).

Many people left EQ and joined it, so the core is EQ-Ex-Members.
    Some joined from Regen tho (chibi, triton and his wife).
    Many r9.
    Aubree is leader.
    constantly growing.
    High expectations on sins.
    No expectations about your "personality" (Gear > personality) , you need to TW tho.

Not advertising, not critisiting :p i was there and left due my own reasons.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i was there and left due my own reasons.

I`ll nom your feathers when I get on for having the same name as me >:(
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    I`ll nom your feathers when I get on for having the same name as me >:(
    b:beatup respect oldies! D:< and delete your char! D: and i m not a chicken!
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    IT http://intandem-dw.com/
    Its a TW-Faction. If you dont TW dont apply there.
    As for pk rules (i dont know if you are whitenamed), none (just dont farm lower levels).

Many people left EQ and joined it, so the core is EQ-Ex-Members.
    Some joined from Regen tho (chibi, triton and his wife).
    Many r9.
    Aubree is leader.
    constantly growing.
    High expectations on sins.
    No expectations about your "personality" (Gear > personality) , you need to TW tho.

Not advertising, not critisiting :p i was there and left due my own reasons.

Sounds epic to me, something I'd be interested in. If a faction is meant for TW then I guess it'd be best to only let people apply that'll do Tw...

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I'm hoping to join a faction that's created for TW purposes, but where the members are capable of respecting each other and not flaunting their egos. Please tell me links I can go to to check out some of the factions, or just post some information on the ones you have if so, and thanks in advance.

From an objective standpoint, if you are looking for a faction that not only respects themselves - but other members of the community as well, I will throw my own suggestions out here:

InTandem has some strong members, but many of them seem to show no respect for other players - namely from my experiences with run ins with them in CoA, certain members talking trash at OT about other factions, they show up at Harpy Wraith while other people are trying to kill it for quest and farm it with no desire to help others complete their quest, WC drama the other day about a certain member taking drops in a TT run etc. (namely a lot of these members were from factions like Warlock and EQ)

EQ is TW oriented but has lost several of their strong members to InTandem and :3 (which i like to refer to as the "buttface faction" because thats what it looks like to me b:chuckle). I'm guessing its a bit more mellowed out there now attitude wise since a bunch of people left.

:3 has some decent players and is lead by Poetic - who seems respectable enough to me. I've never had any issues with him to speak of - and this speaks highly to me.

Spades has several lands currently, though I don't personally know much about them. Can't say as I've ever had any real issues with any of their members.

Kindred is still holding on to some lands, and recently lost one of their barbs to :3

Vanquish finally got back onto the map and is still holding their land - though I don't know for certain if they intend to have anymore attacks - their position on the map makes that difficult in all honesty.

Mind you these are my own opinions and while some may disagree or get upset by some of what I've said - I'm only stating facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    From an objective standpoint, if you are looking for a faction that not only respects themselves - but other members of the community as well, I will throw my own suggestions out here:

InTandem has some strong members, but many of them seem to show no respect for other players - namely from my experiences with run ins with them in CoA, certain members talking trash at OT about other factions, they show up at Harpy Wraith while other people are trying to kill it for quest and farm it with no desire to help others complete their quest, WC drama the other day about a certain member taking drops in a TT run etc. (namely a lot of these members were from factions like Warlock and EQ)

Its actually not objective standpoint. More like subjektive, cause you werent involved in the drama so you will never know the truth about the drops. I been there long enough to say that all of them are very proud (and arrogant, but arrogance wouldnt allow such a dishonor) people and they played very long time on this server. 99% of all IT-members are well known and would never take someone else drops.

There been an inside joke by IT-member using a wc "blabla stole the drops", just to tease his factionmate. But it was never ment to be serious. Maybe you confused that?

As for EQ and IT, no suprised that they have issues with eachother and its actually well known, i m keeping my distance here. its like a bomb :p better not to touch it.

As for ks worldbosses, its according to pwi allowed. OT "ganking" as well (as long it doesnt count as harassement). IT is not very social faction and defently not about reputation among the community (yes, thats the reason i left). As i said its all about TW.
    (Sometimes) they would take even "trash" as long he/she has very good build -coughs-.
    But its constantly growing and defently strong enough to face EQ.

As for :3. I liked the faction, till they started to take all people that EQ and Regen didnt accept (and that means something)...i liked veins tho, so not really his issue.

@DS: (tho i mentioned extra before that Aubree is leader of IT and the main core of members is Ex-EQ, so if you dont get accepted :P you might know why.)
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Its actually not objective standpoint. More like subjektive, cause you werent involved in the drama so you will never know the truth about the drops. I been there long enough to say that all of them are very proud (and arrogant, but arrogance wouldnt allow such a dishonor) people and they played very long time on this server. 99% of all IT-members are well known and would never take someone else drops.

There been an inside joke by IT-member using a wc "blabla stole the drops", just to tease his factionmate. But it was never ment to be serious. Maybe you confused that?

As for EQ and IT, no suprised that they have issues with eachother and its actually well known, i m keeping my distance here. its like a bomb :p better not to touch it.

As for ks worldbosses, its according to pwi allowed. OT "ganking" as well (as long it doesnt count as harassement). IT is not very social faction (yes, thats the reason i left). As i said its all about TW.
    They would take even "trash" as long he/she has very good build -coughs-.

As for :3. I liked the faction, till they started to take all people that EQ and Regen didnt accept (and that means something)...i liked veins tho, so not really his issue.

@DS: (tho i mentioned extra before that Aubree is leader of IT and the main core of
    members is Ex-EQ, so if you dont get accepted :P you might know why
    )

Players don't exactly own world bosses, so the stronger squad should get the kill, first come doesn't mean they get the kill. I'm also cool with Aubree, I don't have problems with her, we had problems and all in the past, but it was for the best and it did end in the best ^_^. It kinda left EQ with their leader and their policies

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011

Its entirely possible that I may have, but the number of WC said person put out as well as him saying "Don't squad with InTandem, they are all cheats" tells me otherwise. Do I think that *all* members of InTandem are cheats because of this? No. Im sure there are some genuinely nice people there as well - I just haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet.

As for ks worldbosses, its according to pwi allowed. OT "ganking" as well (as long it doesnt count as harassement). IT is not very social faction and defently not about reputation among the community (yes, thats the reason i left). As i said its all about TW.
    (Sometimes) they would take even "trash" as long he/she has very good build -coughs-.
    Well Harpy for one isn't technically a world boss - she has different HP and defenses than the real world bosses do - and she doesn't drop the same things either. However, technicalities aside - the fact remains that she is a quest boss. The last I checked, preventing players from completing their quests is against ToS.

As for ganking at OT - I never once complained about that. PK is PK - doesn't matter if its 1 vs 1 or 10 vs 20. The matter I was addressing - which doesn't necessarily relate entirely to OT in itself - is the members coming out of nowhere saying things to the effect of "your faction is ****". Okay? I never said anything to warrant that - where is that coming from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Its entirely possible that I may have, but the number of WC said person put out as well as him saying "Don't squad with InTandem, they are all cheats" tells me otherwise. Do I think that *all* members of InTandem are cheats because of this? No. Im sure there are some genuinely nice people there as well - I just haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet.
    Dont know about it, i know the most people in IT, they would never do such a thing. As for cheating..its not same as stealing drops. Dont know how you can "cheat" in pwi tho, unless you **** the game.

Well Harpy for one isn't technically a world boss - she has different HP and defenses than the real world bosses do - and she doesn't drop the same things either. However, technicalities aside - the fact remains that she is a quest boss. The last I checked, preventing players from completing their quests is against ToS.

According to http://perfectworldinternational.wikia.com/wiki/Bosses it is.

As for ganking at OT - I never once complained about that. PK is PK - doesn't matter if its 1 vs 1 or 10 vs 20. The matter I was addressing - which doesn't necessarily relate entirely to OT in itself - is the members coming out of nowhere saying things to the effect of "your faction is ****". Okay? I never said anything to warrant that - where is that coming from?

We all know..ganking cant be done without drama. Someone calls other faction always ****, not only IT. I can name you alone 10 people who do same and are not in IT. I know this issue and i know as well, noone in IT cares about it.
    b:shutup
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Frankie has stated many times that no boss, mobs, etc is owned by anyone. Who ever does the most damage gets the kill. That aside. I have killed harpy 5x and never got the quest finished. Neither has anyone on any server because it is glitched. We watched them wipe 4x before we took over killing it, as we have killed it the the past few weeks.

Same for CoA, no one there owns the mobs either. If I can go there and farm rings for my barbs, you better believe I will. In a little bit I will dig up the thread on it. I made the thread personally and frankie weighed in. There is no such thing as kill stealing in PWI.

We at InTandem play by the rules set by the game. Not the community. We play to win, and win we will.

To my knowledge no one in InTandem has stolen any drops from a TT. If you have proof otherwise, do let me know. We don't tolerate that.
This discussion has been closed.