End of wizards in delta

Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Wizard
Guys do you realize, that we are done in delta runs? And we will be replaced by seeker easily? Seeker with BP from sin and with his 1.5s AOE hits + heavy armor is immortal in delta.
We will be kicked from another instance.
Post edited by Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Nahhh I don't believe that. Before seekers, archers and wizards were the only one with constant aoes. So that one interchangeable spot in a delta squad people would pick and archer/wiz for, they can add seeker in there too. No biggie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Nahhh I don't believe that. Before seekers, archers and wizards were the only one with constant aoes. So that one interchangeable spot in a delta squad people would pick and archer/wiz for, they can add seeker in there too. No biggie.

But with wizard it will be much slower in compare to seeker and don't problem with squishy arcane class.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Meh, we'll still get in squads. There's way more delta squads than seekers that want to run delta.

Plus a lot of squads would rather invite a wizard they're familiar with rather than a seeker who may not know how to do delta.
    edited April 2011
    Meh, we'll still get in squads. There's way more delta squads than seekers that want to run delta.

Plus a lot of squads would rather invite a wizard they're familiar with rather than a seeker who may not know how to do delta.

Sure. But you will have to wait for squad and without change to grab first wc advertising.b:sad
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Any one have any info on how much the seeker AOE hits for? as if its 1/2 what wizz hits for, then there is no issue with the frequency of hits. Really comes down to how hard they hit with that spell.
    edited April 2011
    Any one have any info on how much the seeker AOE hits for? as if its 1/2 what wizz hits for, then there is no issue with the frequency of hits. Really comes down to how hard they hit with that spell.

Honestly can't say I have actual figures, but I would say the seeker AOE is definitely better than ours.

For example, when I do zhen squads with my psy. A wizard goes through maybe 5 mobs a minute, whereas the seeker kills more like 8 or 9 a min.

So I honestly don't feel the debate is whether seekers have better AOEs than us so much as whether we'll still be wanted.
    edited April 2011
    Sure. But you will have to wait for squad and without change to grab first wc advertising.b:sad

Tbh I don't see myself waiting any longer for squads. People really aren't that picky. Finding an AOE dd is pretty tough, and seekers aren't too common considering how new they are (definitely not nearly as bad as assassins are).

I feel most squads will be happy to take a wiz and not have to wait until a seeker can join.

Actually since my last post I did a delta*. WC was "LF 90+ seeker for Delta," so I whisper the person that I'm a 96 wiz and I get an invite.

I really don't see seekers replacing us.

If anything they give wizards hope with some of their group buff skills...

*when I said last post I didn't mean the one directly above this post, because those were posted one right after the other :P
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    never done a dleta, but seekers and wiz make a mean combo in gamma. i used to always take aggro from the barb and the archer never did. now if the barb loses aggro, it goes to the seeker.

im not really worried here. i think its good to have a physical and a magical AoE in your squad
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    what kind of AoE dmg do seeker do?

unless they are doing magic, chances are wizard still do more due to resistance reason.

But then again, i have heard from a friend of mine, seeker can practically solo delta with sin blood paint.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Explain why you'd take an seeker over a wizzy for dmg, but still keep the archer.

Exactly, wizzy does far more AoE dmg than archer. If anyone is getting replaces, it's the phys AoE DD, aka archer
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Earlier today I was doing runs, and with soul shatter and an HF at the start of a boss, I very easily held aggro from 5.0 BM's with +10 nirvana claws for the duration of bosses. This was inconceivable before seekers, they are a great positive to the arcane classes so I wouldnt worry about how good they are in delta.

If you are still worried about how good they are in delta? Then you shouldnt be, as long as you are a good wizard you'll get delta squads with ease. We are no longer running Delta with +5 TT90 weapons, if everyone in the party is average by today's standards then the DD is overkill on every wave, so noone will care if a seeker has a bit more or a bit less, they will just be happy to have the aoe'r present. We are also still much better than archers :)
    I love drinking tea
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    They'll certaily replace wizzies dumb enough to leave DB up on fire imune waves.

Otherwise nah, wizzies can more than hold their own in delta
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Main advantage of seekers vs an archer or wiz is that the barb/bm doesn't have to be as good with aggro. Otherwise an archer/wiz have to gimp their damage or die since the barb couldn't control aggro or bm sucks/lazy at stunning.

I've seen a rank 8 seeker using a +6 weapon with metal shards b:quiet solo the first two waves with ease. A wizard or an archer with equivalent gear isn't going to be able to do that.

Regardless, there's not enough seekers to fill all delta squads. So no point in worrying about it. We are still in the age of aps and delta is a dead instance.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
    edited April 2011
    So no point in worrying about it. We are still in the age of aps and delta is a dead instance.

Not yet. But I bet seeker will be much more preferable over archer or wizzy.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I dotn think seekers will replace wizzies at all. More so archers then wiz. I mean with atk aura max subsea hf, i drop sage bids and knock out 3/4 to all of the waves hp. a seeker cant replace tht. and also seekers combo well with a wiz so why wouldnt you have both in squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.