Fashion colors are random, yes

LadyTsuki - Harshlands
LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Okay I get that the colors of Fashion from the boutique are supposed to be random. I get that, I understand that. But why is it that anytime I buy fashion I get some shade of green, and it's normally a funky shade of green, like lime green or spring green.

Why is that? Does the Boutique just hate me or something.
Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
Post edited by LadyTsuki - Harshlands on

Comments

• _Yukari_ - Dreamweaver
    _Yukari_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Okay I get that the colors of Fashion from the boutique are supposed to be random. I get that, I understand that. But why is it that anytime I buy fashion I get some shade of green, and it's normally a funky shade of green, like lime green or spring green.

so you'll buy pigments to dye them > insta-cash > PWE happy
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    conspiracy theory: somebody at PWE has done a little bit of data mining, and found out which colors of fashion are most commonly dyed away from, then weighted the random-number generator to produce a surfeit of those in order to stimulate pigment sales.

i have, of course, no evidence for this and am merely speculating. but i COULD see this company doing such a thing, yes.

i could even see them weighting the random dyes to be more likely to produce the less wanted shades, come to that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • _Yukari_ - Dreamweaver
    _Yukari_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    conspiracy theory: somebody at PWE has done a little bit of data mining, and found out which colors of fashion are most commonly dyed away from, then weighted the random-number generator to produce a surfeit of those in order to stimulate pigment sales.

i have, of course, no evidence for this and am merely speculating. but i COULD see this company doing such a thing, yes.

i could even see them weighting the random dyes to be more likely to produce the less wanted shades, come to that.

exactly my pointb:surrender
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You probably get more disappointed about the ugly green colors and are able to remember them more.

Either that or people attribute a larger section of the color space to "green" than other colors.... this chart kinda backs that up.. http://imgs.xkcd.com/blag/satfaces_map_1024.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Actually black or really close to it, is quite common.. That is one wanted shade :) b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I've gotten quite a few off white/ off black items, a beautiful shade of blue for my 10 hours fashion, etc. They have some nice random colors. I think you've just had a bit of bad luck. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's actually the same for me. And it's not that I just remember the green more, I just get it seven times out of ten. Same when I use random pigments, odds are it will turn out green. Luckily I like green or I probably would have been very irritated by now.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I remember a thread where someone did a study, something based on your individual character ID giving you better luck with fashion colors, packs, etc.

Said person almost always got some indigo shade on her one character, and puke green on her other one. <_< Could be true?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well i spent 36k in DQ points for random pigment so far i got a hot pink on my shirt, then got a lime green and now stuck with a powder pink lol. Tried to dye my pants and ended up with another hot pink finally gave up and dyed the pants black. So if you think the game hates you at least you didn't end up looking like an 80's disco reject b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I always get green from Boutique to, i doubt its all random.

Normally you get some sort of lime green 80's shade that doesn't really match with anything.
    Another shade of green you get is that pale one, that looks a bit like puke or old dirty dishwater.

I first though it was because there where more shades of green available than lets say shades of red or blue for example. But you dont get that much green when you use random dye really, than you tend to get different shades of black instead.

I think the conspiracy theory is the best explanation, they give you mostly green colors to stimulate pigment sale.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I always get green from Boutique to, i doubt its all random.

Normally you get some sort of lime green 80's shade that doesn't really match with anything.
    Another shade of green you get is that pale one, that looks a bit like puke or old dirty dishwater.

I first though it was because there where more shades of green available than lets say shades of red or blue for example. But you dont get that much green when you use random dye really, than you tend to get different shades of black instead.

I think the conspiracy theory is the best explanation, they give you mostly green colors to stimulate pigment sale.

matches my neighbor's shag carpet. b:avoid
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've gotten quite a few off white/ off black items, a beautiful shade of blue for my 10 hours fashion, etc. They have some nice random colors. I think you've just had a bit of bad luck. :(

I have gotten lucky with a blue and pink pirate set before and a dark blue lolipop dress with turquiose shoes.

I actually got lucky with the Aegean Dress being a pale green that it actually looks good. So maybe it is more so that my luck with fashion just sucks xDDD
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I seem to recall reading in a separate thread that this was (partially) tied to a character's choice of eye-color. Little too lazy to go look up the thread atm, but it's as plausible as anything else I suppose.
    (Keph's eyes are a dark purplish-gray, and purple was most often the kind of fashion he'd end up with).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I seem to recall reading in a separate thread that this was (partially) tied to a character's choice of eye-color. Little too lazy to go look up the thread atm, but it's as plausible as anything else I suppose.
    (Keph's eyes are a dark purplish-gray, and purple was most often the kind of fashion he'd end up with).

My character's eyes are white. b:chuckle
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yes, it does seem to be somehow connected to the colour choices made in the creation of the character, especially eye colour. its not a 100% of the time kind of deal, that if you make a blue eyed character, you will always have blue clothes, but it seems to be a high percentage of the time you will have clothes in the general colour family as your eye colour. just the other day, i bought shinobi gloves and boots, and they were in the exact same colour as almost all my other clothes, a kind of bluish purple. but by the same token, my archer has eyes as blue as can be, but her gloves came out a bright pink! when my daughter wants new clothes, she asks my husband to buy them, because they usually come out a nice blue.

like i said, it isnt solidly figured out, it just seems to work out this way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • TekkOneStylz - Harshlands
    TekkOneStylz - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    its rigged i tell ya >.< . this whole green thing has happend to me too much to be coincidence. Ok this is my story:

so i made this bm not long ago and because im a man wh0r3 for fashion i spent some money on game to buy some. I bought a jacket and pants... bought the jacket first and it came out a light watered out green.. bought the pants next and it came out a slightly brighter watered out green! ( for the record i hate green ). I wasnt raging though cause i thought well at least it matches until i ''waste'' more money on buying black pigments when they decide to do that sale again -_- ....

Now check this out , this one is wut made me really mad. Ok so i have a sin also which i had bought fashion for also. when i bought the shirt and the pants they werent matching so i had some DP and i thought id spend it on random pigments so i wouldnt have to look like a circus clown anymore. now my pants needed 6 pigments, and my shirt 9.. but because i wanted to ''match'' -_- they double it... so i needed 30 pigments. so i dyed it the first time and it came out a sorta peach tan colour..... I looked naked ladies and gentlemen... I cant be fighting things looking naked i dont care how much stealth a sin has... so i had to dye it again .. and wut colour do i get? lime green! (rage) .. i was now out of DP so i had to stick with that for a couple months bringing the story to todays date where i finally had enough DP to try again so i can release myself of this lime green colour . So i dyed it and o-m-g the colour i get is....... a slightly lighter shade of lime green !b:angry tell me thats not the most rigged thing ever ! >.< riiiiiggggggeeedd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Motorcycle.... U MAD?
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I always get green. Like... 90% of the time at least. And the only char I have with green eyes is my assassin, made only a couple days ago.

I just buy from the AH now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Nyuchama - Archosaur
    Nyuchama - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I got light green, grey or (really really really) light purple, and ugly dark purple ><
    And when I try my luck I always get citrine shards that I can't even use yet :( (Though I keep them, will come useful later) or mirage celestones (I sell them, my genies stamina is full and my aerocraft's acceleration is full) and perfect stones which I ignore.
    I've seen people with 300+ mirage celestones before b:shocked
    I am sort of lucky, but not much. D:

EDIT: My character has red hair, red eyes, red lipstick and orange eyeshadow o_o I haven't gotten ANYTHING red or orange D:
    I've sunk so low in the sea of sadness
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've always been very lucky when buying fashion items from the event boutique (and like, once, from the the regular boutique)

I think they only time I've gotten a bad color on something I bought from the event boutique is this morning when I bought spring biker pants and got some puke yellow color. But then I got 5 random dyes drom DQ points and dyed it and got black.

Although I've had terrible luck with fashion given out from an event, like the natural celestial fashion or the 2nd year anniversary set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."