Gratz on pissing off an on every veno with nix an herc

Comments

• Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wait, whats the new problem with this? o.o
    I'm a veno with herc & nix and I got all of the herc I had been longing for for ages with ingame coins and time.

Cant understand the raging. Before you could win a scroll of tome which goes for 200mil+ on my server. Sell it and get your herc/nix?
    Only problem seems to be that people that didnt realize that before but now its put right in front of their eyes. So ..nerd rage lol

I dont see it as nerd rage I see people making very good points and I dont even have a herc or a veno so does not bother me in the slighest what does bother me is the rate at which they are releasing thigs of value on to the server and how cheap there making things become.

I think you should open your eyes for a second and look at the bigger picture of what this is telling you about PWI. I never expected to see R8 so cheap yet it is.... I never expected to see hercs in the cash shop in any other form than battle pet packs yet it is.

This does not affect people with hercs in the slightest but to someone who has just invested in there herc and is now seeing one sell for 55m as I just seen in WC has every right to be annoyed. There is nothing unique in this game anymore it feels more like your putting your money in to a game to buy your level 1 gear at the moment as its that commen and no longer gives you an advantage anymore.

When a game starts flooding the market with things that are not usualy released through that method you know something is either in the pipe line to change or to collapse.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think you should open your eyes for a second and look at the bigger picture of what this is telling you about PWI. I never expected to see R8 so cheap yet it is.... I never expected to see hercs in the cash shop in any other form than battle pet packs yet it is.
    There's a HUGE difference between 30%-off and 90%-off.

Paying 55 million instead of 80 million for a Herc/Nix is a completely reasonable sale price, and doesn't unbalance the game. It's absolutely no different than a 30%-off Dragon Orb sale.

And complaining that an item that was only available in the cash-shop is now available in the cash-shop doesn't make any sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited April 2011
    There's a HUGE difference between 30%-off and 90%-off.

Paying 55 million instead of 80 million for a Herc/Nix is a completely reasonable sale price, and doesn't unbalance the game. It's absolutely no different than a 30%-off Dragon Orb sale.

And complaining that an item that was only available in the cash-shop is now available in the cash-shop doesn't make any sense.

My point is not the price my point is in stabilty... I am pretty sure with you claiming to know as much about the markey place as you claim you do the stabilty of your investment on PWI is very poor. How does this encourage people to make investments when investments become worthless?

And 55m is the price today you know that is going to drop even lower its not like every single class can use a herc once the veno's who want them have them the extra hercs will still need to be sold
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    My point is not the price my point is in stabilty... I am pretty sure with you claiming to know as much about the markey place as you claim you do the stabilty of your investment on PWI is very poor. How does this encourage people to make investments when investments become worthless?
    OK, on that point you and I can completely agree.

PWI does have a pattern of making in-game investments worthless from time-to-time. The R8 debacle is by far the most dramatic example.

However, where I would disagree is just on this particular sale. It does seem to follow the same pattern, yes, but after doing the math it's actually a fairly mild sale.

Now, if these Perfect Chests were selling for, say, 20 silver each, then I'd probably switch sides and agree with you. But as long as PWI gradually lowers prices over time, rather than suddenly announcing a 80-90% off fire-sale, then they'd actually be doing things wisely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I dont see it as nerd rage I see people making very good points and I dont even have a herc or a veno so does not bother me in the slighest what does bother me is the rate at which they are releasing thigs of value on to the server and how cheap there making things become.
    I would understand if the item you are complaining is something rare, but legendary pets are far from being those + they were already available in the CS.

Um... too bad for you?

This does not affect people with hercs in the slightest but to someone who has just invested in there herc
    So... this does not affect ppl with herks, but it does affect ppl with herks... ok... gottcha. Wow so I payed tons for my herk before & it shouldn't affect it, but it's an issue for somebody who got it a month ago? Really...

When a game starts flooding the market with things that are not usualy released through that method you know something is either in the pipe line to change or to collapse
    Except those things you claim were not in the CS, were already in the CS.

How does this encourage people to make investments when investments become worthless?
    Investments do not always pay off you know... just like in RL.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2011

This does not affect people with hercs in the slightest but to someone who has just invested in there herc and is now seeing one sell for 55m as I just seen in WC has every right to be annoyed. There is nothing unique in this game anymore it feels more like your putting your money in to a game to buy your level 1 gear at the moment as its that commen and no longer gives you an advantage anymore.

When a game starts flooding the market with things that are not usualy released through that method you know something is either in the pipe line to change or to collapse.

A. There's a HUGE difference between hurc and rep sale. Hurc/nix were ALWAYS and ONLY acquirable through Cash Shop. I mean you cannot farm Pf/SoF in any other ways than farming coins and THEN buy an Cash shop-item-only. Therefore having a 0.2% chance of getting pet from a box is by no means fking over anyone IMHO. It was in cash shop, it stayed in cash shop. Battle Pet packs sales been there before, this ain't that much different. Beside you can blow hella lot more money and still not get a pet from the packs.

B. The 80+ mil price for legendary pets has existed probably as long as the <50mil price. Why does no one remember that they used to cost like 20mil? Somewhat a year later they started cost 40mil+. So dropping price back to 50mil makes it.. what.. Cheap? Well you must have forgotten what the pets were worth in the first place.
    *Semi retired*
  • dimpiee
    dimpiee Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What is the price (in coins) of the chest that can contain a hercules or a nix?b:bye
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have to say, I'm among those who are upset about this. I got my Herc less than a month ago, after months of saving. And, yes, I know that people say that Hercs aren't worth the cost, you can just buy Herc skills for other pets, blahblahblah. I knew all of this when I started saving for mine. I also know that venos with Hercs are treated differently by people in game and I have seen this since I got mine.

So with this being said I made the decision to save for a Herc. I farmed. I spent hours grinding. I put off buying gear, upgrading my skills, charms, pots, literally everything. This was the choice I made having decided that it would be worth it once I got my Herc. So almost immediately after having done all of this work, it is rather distressing(To me at least) to find that now instead of hunting for SOF in catshops, trying to find some for cheap, people can now just open a pack.

Yes, it's upsetting. An item that it used to take a lot of work to get(Or epic cash shopping) will now be commonplace and mean nothing, really. I planned on saving for a Nix as well and honestly, I would rather do all that hard work over again than have those pets be cheapened like this.

This is all just my opinion though. If anyone disagrees with it, good for you. That's why there's freewill.
    B. The 80+ mil price for legendary pets has existed probably as long as the <50mil price. Why does no one remember that they used to cost like 20mil? Somewhat a year later they started cost 40mil+. So dropping price back to 50mil makes it.. what.. Cheap? Well you must have forgotten what the pets were worth in the first place.

As far as this goes, yeah, it used to be cheaper. So did gold prices. The price of most in-game items is directly related to the price of gold. So it being that cheap back then and it being this cheap now are not the same thing.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm just glad I sold off all the SoF and nix feathers I bought last time there was a battle pet pack sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Gasoline - Lost City
    Gasoline - Lost City Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why would any veno care? lol

I doubt its that much easier or cheaper to get herc/nix from the lucky packs than buying force or feathers.

Even if it makes Hercules/Nixes cheaper to get for a few weeks its still nothing i would rage about. Those pets are over priced anyway, i would be nothing but happy if more venos got a herc/nix and didn't have to pay 200$ each.

Dont think anyone besides venos will touch those packs anyway. Not many people play veno these days either.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    edited April 2011
    I would understand if the item you are complaining is something rare, but legendary pets are far from being those + they were already available in the CS.

Um... too bad for you?

So... this does not affect ppl with herks, but it does affect ppl with herks... ok... gottcha. Wow so I payed tons for my herk before & it shouldn't affect it, but it's an issue for somebody who got it a month ago? Really...

Except those things you claim were not in the CS, were already in the CS.

Investments do not always pay off you know... just like in RL.

Very nice diception of my post there... To bad you did not listen to a word of it.
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Welcome to PWI, anything that can be farmed or bought will be 10x cheaper within a year. The only way to win is to just not play.
  • foxymomma
    foxymomma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    They have made veno class go from op to total ****, they pulled out the all class baby pets that venos use to make cash, now all class pets arent even worth making since most are only selling for less then what it is to make them. They made the genie which most use to pull mobs which most venos were used to pull mobs. Then they pull out the mystic, now they put in the venos end game pets...many of the venos have spent 150mil+ in game coin on these end game pets not only 150mil + in game coin on just the pet itself they also put in a lot of time to get the money and the repair on gear. If all the venos knew they would pull this out and people were selling them for 80mil then we wouldn't have wasted our time and money on one pet when we could get 2 end game pets. I say remove the pets from the packs...you've already screwed us venos over enough with the genie, all class baby pets and the mystic.b:angryb:angryb:angry
    edited April 2011
    ^As a veno I have to say, Zeal genie made my life a lot easier.. When I can I use zeal myself, its hella lot faster. However, there's still occasions that a genie cannot replace. And meh.. The genie pull isn't that much of a deal...
    *Semi retired*
  • foxymomma
    foxymomma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    genie pull isnt as safe as the veno pull...i've seen plenty die using genie pull then letting a veno pull and no its not a big deal but the other issues are since they are making this class become nothing more then a chi and bramble use.
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Its very sad but you can come over and hang out with us barbs for awile.

Should put this in my Sigy Till everybody reads it. Cuz it sums things up quite well.

http://caps.fool.com/Pitch/PWRD/5440230/stay-away-looks-good-on-paper-.aspx?source=itxsittb0000001

Clerics are welcom to join us in Looser Land too we still luv ya.
    edited April 2011
    So with this being said I made the decision to save for a Herc. I farmed. I spent hours grinding. I put off buying gear, upgrading my skills, charms, pots, literally everything. This was the choice I made having decided that it would be worth it once I got my Herc. So almost immediately after having done all of this work, it is rather distressing(To me at least) to find that now instead of hunting for SOF in catshops, trying to find some for cheap, people can now just open a pack.
    Oh... So you are actually upset about that.. They don't need to walk around in Archo to look for SoF? Kk.. got ya.
    Yes, it's upsetting. An item that it used to take a lot of work to get(Or epic cash shopping) will now be commonplace and mean nothing, really. I planned on saving for a Nix as well and honestly, I would rather do all that hard work over again than have those pets be cheapened like this.
    Btw, you still need to buy packs.. which you buy with money that you farm/save up.. Or you think that packs comes for free? What makes you think that the money/time/effort invested in packs are "less earned" than the money you put in SoF?

As far as this goes, yeah, it used to be cheaper. So did gold prices. The price of most in-game items is directly related to the price of gold. So it being that cheap back then and it being this cheap now are not the same thing.
    That's right. And players set the prices on the tickets that comes from packs. They coulda have sold em for 200mil if they wanted. Would people have QQed less then? Oh yes I think they would. I'd say players fked you over in the first place when they started demand a much higher price for gold.
    *Semi retired*
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i can see why some venos would be pissed. but honestly venos kinda need this to kep up wih mystics. you know what would be messed up? if they just took away the ability to get a nix or herc altogether for being "to easy to obtain" so if you didnt already have one you would be have a fat stack of SoF an Nix feathers that were useless
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hint: Expected cost of Herc or Nix from these packs is 250 Gold. Expected cost of Herc or Nix from off-sale Battle Pet Packs is 187 Gold.

Now how exactly would a bunch of upstarts paying 33% more for their Hercules or Phoenix make people angry?

If anything, getting a Hercules or Phoenix via Battle Pet Packs is easier since you pay it in portions instead of paying it all at once.

Or is this one of those "Oh My God Someone Other Than Me Got Lucky And Paid Less For This Than I Did So I Will Proceed To Complain Like An Idiot" kind of things?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Hint: Expected cost of Herc or Nix from these packs is 250 Gold. Expected cost of Herc or Nix from off-sale Battle Pet Packs is 187 Gold.

Now how exactly would a bunch of upstarts paying 33% more for their Hercules or Phoenix make people angry?

If anything, getting a Hercules or Phoenix via Battle Pet Packs is easier since you pay it in portions instead of paying it all at once.

Or is this one of those "Oh My God Someone Other Than Me Got Lucky And Paid Less For This Than I Did So I Will Proceed To Complain Like An Idiot" kind of things?

LOL..exacly what do you base this one out of curiosity.

What about the unseen affect it will have on already tanked economy, such as it raising demand on gold to 1.5m or even 2m? think that wont have a negative effect for 75% of us players.
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The only thing I'm upset about is the fact that this new cash shop item was actually supposed to be a Dragon quest silver reward after getting a key, and opening the chests. Now its a cash shop item.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    LOL..exacly what do you base this one out of curiosity.

What about the unseen affect it will have on already tanked economy, such as it raising demand on gold to 1.5m or even 2m? think that wont have a negative effect for 75% of us players.

Anyone who's willing to pay 1.5m or 2m for gold just to buy the Perfect Chest is a moron.

Here's a rough estimate for the actual value of the chest:
    15% Flawless Garnet (~21,000 coins)
    0.6% Immaculate Garnet (~4,200 coins)
    0.03% Perfect Garnet (~1,050 coins)
    15% Flawless Citrine (~21,000 coins)
    0.6% Immaculate Citrine (~4,200 coins)
    0.03% Perfect Citrine (~1,050 coins)
    15% Flawless Sapphire (~13,500 coins)
    0.6% Immaculate Sapphire (~2,700 coins)
    0.03% Perfect Sapphire (~675 coins)
    26% 15x Mirage Celestones (~39,000 coins)
    10% 400x Perfect Stone (~20,000 coins)
    0.3% Aerogear (~15,000 coins)
    0.2% Hercules (~180,000 coins)
    0.2% Phoenix (~180,000 coins)
    ---
    Total Value: ~465,575 coins

The pack costs 0.5 Gold, so that'd put Gold at 931,150, or 909,090 for those buying the gold from AH. And that's really no different from what it already is.

Basically, you'd have to find someone willing to pay 150,000,000 (150m) for a Hercules or a Nix for gold to go up to 1.5m.

Oh, and the actual value of the packs is going to be lower than my estimate, since I assumed the following:
    Shards priced according to 10,000 per token
    Perfect Stones priced according to 500 coin/each
    Mirages priced at NPC value
    Hercules/Phoenix priced at 90,000,000 coins each
    Aerogear priced at 5,000,000 coins each

Out of those, the Hercules, Aerogear and Shards are overpriced by far. And as you can see, those make up ~87% of the price.

As for what I base my claims on: Simple math. Mostly expected values. Such as how a Battle Pet Pack has an expected amount of 26.8 per pack opened. Or how having a 0.2% probability at getting an item from a box gives you an expected amount of 500 boxes opened to get that item.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have both a herc and a nix that I bought with coin and cash combined. I am in no way mad about the chance of people getting one in the packs. I think its great. More venos will be able to get one of these pets now.

I had a friend who I played with for two years who leveled a veno to level 101 then just quit her veno. She couldn't put real money in the game and was given a hard time for being a hercless veno. Lots of hours were put in the game to get to that level. Then she just quit. The chance that she may now get a herc doesn't make me mad, it makes me happy for her and other nice players like her.

What another player has doesn't change the way I enjoy the game. I am a solo player anyway.

Good luck Venos!! I hope more get these pets!!
  • Liba - Heavens Tear
    Liba - Heavens Tear Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've woked my **** off, I paided for my SoF The hard way, and my friend, who's reached 100 2 days ago, has a nix, and has never spent a dime on PW, we're both pretty much okay on this....
    Because there's a 0.2% chance, people are gunna try, they're gunna spend a fair bit, with these packs costing 50 silver each (the same as the battle packs :D) They'll waste loads of their money, may give up, and buy the SoF; AKA PW make more money ~ Joy b:surrender
    It's a scarily clever plan actually o.o
    Haters gunna love this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Liba- 9x Sage veno, TheEmpire
    X_xMoonx_X - 7x Future demon cleric
    _Nix_x - 7x Sin :)
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    All this 0.2% BS is stupid, lol. That's higher than I believe any "valuable/rare" item from any other pack (Like tomes, gems, +10 vit stones, even pets from packs). Already seeing people trying to sell theirs for ~40m on HT, both for herc or phoenix. And at the same time I've seen at least 20 hercules/phoenix announcements since this morning. 0.2% is an incredibly high number on any populated server where packs are only 50 silver each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Butthurtvenoslolololololz
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think the main concern here is that:

1) Venos in the past either farmed or spent quite a lot to get their Herc and Nix tickets.

2) Now, although those selling those tickets SPENT A LOT to get ONE pet ticket which is tradeable, the problem is that, they are SELLING them at 70mil. (That's what I've seen in Catshops).

The concern here is, while most venos put in a lot of effort to get their tickets via Battle Pet packs, the amount they spent is not EQUIVALENT to the amount that these people are selling each ticket for, and this annoys those venos that grinded, bought and sold, farmed for stuff to earn money for their Hercs/Nixes.

I mean really, I used I think 182 gold for my Herc. I think? Using the conversion rate in Heavens Tear, that amounts to: 145mil. Tickets are being sold for 70mil.

Then again, I got my Herc like more than a year ago, so I guess I'm okay with it. Or else I wont' have been able to solo TT, BH easily.

So to those old-timer venos, just take it in our stride and move on. I think what sets us apart is that, we really worked hard for it and made sure that we're good venos, and use our skills to the fullest. Others just stand and spam Venomous Scarabs over and over again, thinking that they are superior because they have a Golden Buddha attacking the monster.

Just my two cents. Or maybe I'm up to 25.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The idea is nothing new. Helm of Holy Punishment, Heavenrage Boots, Trophy Capes, etc. I'm veno and IDC bout it.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Anyone who's willing to pay 1.5m or 2m for gold .

Are you new.. we said the same thing when it hit 500k..
This discussion has been closed.