Mystic summons (a small guide on summons)

Comments

• Braela - Sanctuary
    Braela - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There is an easy way to unsummon the pet. Put him on standby and walk away from him. Where veno pets just appear next to you, the mystic pet goes back into his other dimension or wherever you summon him from.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What's better to make demon chihyu a better tanker (talking about tanking physical damage monsters): physical defense shards? or HP shards?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    What's better to make demon chihyu a better tanker (talking about tanking physical damage monsters): physical defense shards? or HP shards?

Pdef shards. He has decent hp, but his pdef is horrible. Still, not sure if sharding with full garnets would make enough of a difference to make him a decent tank, not to mention he needs a lot of mana to use skills (damage sucks without them) and if you're a pure build, you'd be lacking hp.
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Edit: Woops, you edited your post and I didn't see it. XD
    if shards in gears affects sumon's atributes too or not

Yes, they do. However, they don't get any bonuses out of any garnets placed in your weapon. Summon's offensive power is based on the magic attack of the weapon/gear so sapphires would boost a summon's physical and magical attacks.
    if it depends on, maybe, the kind of armor we use (arcane or light armor) or the kind of ornaments and their bonus (physical/magical def/attack ornaments),

It does depend upon what gear you use. If you have a necky that gives +100 earth resistance as a bonus, the summons will get a percent of that resistance. It applies to what kind of armor or ornaments too. For example, equipping a Dragon Scale Necklace before summoning would increase the summon's physical resistance. Same applies to LA. HA, Magic Ornaments, etc.

With that said, what stats a summon gets depends upon the mystic's stats at summoning only. Changing gear after summoning will not have any effect on a summon's stats.
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    ty 4 the answers ppl. I think I'll try physical def ornaments and shards only with my next set of gears then, sinca I'm AA, and see how it goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • jh3r
    jh3r Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hey,,,cn i ask you if u cn tell me where cn i get cragglord?.,,please..coz i cnt find it
  • dan22br
    dan22br Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I analyzed some numbers of my Devil Chihyu summon and found some interesting conclusions:

- at skill lvl 1 he gains 5% of my equipment and attributes as a bonus.

- this percentage is increased by 5% for each skill lvl, reaching 50% at lvl 10 (for more precise numbers see the table on the comment below).

- his attack gains bonus only from MAX magick attack.

- the MAG attribute seems to influence only the summon's MP (14 x %) (and problably the recovery rate of it), the VIT seems to influence only the HP (10 x %) (and problably the recovery rate of it) and the STR and DEX didnt seem to have any effect.

- the skill lvl also increases around 5% the HP, 20% the MP and 0.5% the attack (for more precise numbers see the table on the comment below)..

- the accuracy and evasion seem to depend only on the character lvl.

- the cost of the first ability increases 20MP for each skill lvl and the cost of the second one increases 40MP.

- below are the attributes of my summon at lvl 35 (with and without armor, at summon skill lvl 1, 2 and 3):

Armor n y n y n y
    Skill lvl 1 1 2 2 3 3
    HP 756 774 792 829 829 884
    MP 558 578 717 756 876 934
    P Attack 524 541 526 560 528 578
    M Attack 519 536 521 554 523 572
    P Def 1400 1419 1400 1439 1400 1459
    M Def 1000 1066 1000 1136 1000 1205
    Accuracy 2401 2401 2401 2401 2401 2401
    Evasion 80 80 80 80 80 80

If you have any correction or doubt about what I said just post below.
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I originally posted this in another thread, but I should post this here too.

I compared stats at all the skills levels I could (for the first three summons). My mystic is only level 49. I also compared stats wearing the same gear but before and after leveling. All the data can be found in the spreadsheet below. I was not able to test the effect of stat points, however. =(

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tUZACK71zK1ytSoaxBe6F8g&hl=en#gid=0

Skipping ahead to the results. How the various summons are affected by the caster's stats. Enjoy. ^^

L = Summon Level
    S = Summon Skill Level
    E = Equipment Value

But note that for the attack values, only the max magic attack from the equipment matters.

Devil Chihyu
    HP           41 +   19 L +  50.5 S + 5 S E / 100
    MP            1 +   11 L + 215.5 S + 5 S E / 100
    PATK       32.5 + 14.5 L           + 5 S E / 100
    MATK       25.5 + 14.5 L           + 5 S E / 100

PDEF        175 + 35 L + 5 S E / 100
    Metal       125 + 25 L + 4 S E / 100
    Wood        125 + 25 L + 4 S E / 100
    Water       125 + 25 L + 4 S E / 100
    Fire        125 + 25 L + 4 S E / 100
    Earth       125 + 25 L + 4 S E / 100

Accuracy    301 + 60 L
    Evasion      10 +  2 L
    APS           1
    Speed       0.1 per 10 levels starting at 9 and ending at 99

Storm Mistress
    HP           1 +   13 L +  50.5 S + 5 S E / 100
    MP          26 +   16 L + 215.5 S + 5 S E / 100
    PATK       9.5 +  5.5 L           + 5 S E / 100
    MATK       5.5 +  8.5 L           + 5 S E / 100

PDEF        125 + 25 L + 5 S E / 100
    Metal       150 + 30 L + 4 S E / 100
    Wood        150 + 30 L + 4 S E / 100
    Water       150 + 30 L + 4 S E / 100
    Fire        150 + 30 L + 4 S E / 100
    Earth       150 + 30 L + 4 S E / 100

Accuracy     26 + 5 L
    Evasion      10 + 2 L
    APS           1
    Speed       0.1 per 10 levels starting at 9 and through 99

Salvation
    HP           26 +   16 L +  50.5 S + 5 S E / 100
    MP           51 +   21 L + 215.5 S + 5 S E / 100
    PATK       -9.5 +  1.5 L           + 5 S E / 100
    MATK      -10.5 +  1.5 L           + 5 S E / 100

PDEF        150 + 30 L + 4 S E / 100
    Metal       150 + 30 L + 4 S E / 100
    Wood        150 + 30 L + 4 S E / 100
    Water       150 + 30 L + 4 S E / 100
    Fire        150 + 30 L + 4 S E / 100
    Earth       150 + 30 L + 4 S E / 100

Accuracy     51 + 10 L
    Evasion      10 + 2 L
    APS           1
    Speed       0.1 per 10 levels starting at 9 and through 99

• Yamchayama - Sanctuary
    Yamchayama - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I originally posted this in another thread, but I should post this here too.

I compared stats at all the skills levels I could (for the first three summons). My mystic is only level 49. I also compared stats wearing the same gear but before and after leveling. All the data can be found in the spreadsheet below. I was not able to test the effect of stat points, however. =(

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&key=tUZACK71zK1ytSoaxBe6F8g&hl=en#gid=0

Skipping ahead to the results. How the various summons are affected by the caster's stats. Enjoy. ^^

L = Summon Level
    S = Summon Skill Level
    E = Equipment Value

What is the difference between L and S?
  • MesonRage - Sanctuary
    MesonRage - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    nvm, L is the level of the summon (ie. my lvl when I summoned the thing), S is the level of my summon skill.
  • violetvalor
    edited March 2011
    nvm, L is the level of the summon (ie. my lvl when I summoned the thing), S is the level of my summon skill.

Yup ^^
  • dan22br
    dan22br Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for this detailed information. I corrected some of my commentaries.

But its important to notice that the summons also gain bonuses from your attributes (both equipment given and the normal ones).

I believe that the bonuses for the plants work in a similar way of that you presented, but they are harder to be checked. I just noticed that the attack of my plant increased by 10% of my equipment attack at skill lvl 2.
  • MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver
    MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    **UPDATED 3/3**

So this is as much as I've figured out so far. You are welcome to share your own experience with summons.

Few basics
    What is a summon? Summons are not pets in the same sentence as veno's pets. You cannot tame a summon. They are skills, which means you can find your summons in your skill tree.
    How do I get a summon? The same way as you learn skills, at Mystic Skill Trainer. However, you will need a skill book in order to do this. At an appropriate level a quest will auto trigger. You need to finish the quest to get the book for your summon.
    Can you unsummon it? As for now it seems that you can't. The only way to get rid of the summon after you summoned it is either to relogg, die, let it die or through the sacrificing skills (see below).
    Do I need to level up my summons? No. Summons stay same level as your character. But you gonna have to resummon it after you level up.
    How many summons can I have? There are two main categories of summons. One is a plant type and an other is more of a pet type as veno's pets. You can only have one of the each summon types out at a time, so total of 2. It's been discussed that you may have up to 3 at a time (see more details below).

Summon types

Pet type
    There are two types of summons. First one I call the permanent type or the pet type, simply because they are most similar to the veno's pets. It means they have a pet's skill bar with own skills and actions just like veno pets do. I also call them permanent because they will stay with you for unlimited time until you or the summon dies or if you sacrifice it. You can only have ONE of these summons out at a time. These summons fall within the 3rd row from left in your skill tree, so there's a total of 4 summons of this type: Devil Chichyu (7), Storm Mistress (23), Salvation Emerges (33), Cragglord (59). The first three summons are permanent, the last one however only lasts for 20 sec. But it goes under this category, I believe, is because it also has an own skill bar (has to be confirmed though).

The difference between the summons are their abilities. As I already mentioned they have an own skill bar. Their difference has also to do with what boost they give after being sacrificed (see below). An other thing about the pet type summon is that they need MP to use their skills (it can also attack w/o skills). You can transfer your own mp to the summon with Transference, skill starting at level 17.

Plant type
    Now 2nd type of summons are the ones in the 5th row from left, a total 6 summons of this type. Those are limited, which means you can only have them summoned for a limited time. The first 5 summons stay out for 1 minute, while the last 6th one only last 20 sec as well. Their difference is again their abilities. They cause some kind of debuff or paralyze. Some plant summons also heals. But these summons don't have a skill bar compared to the first type. You can also not heal them and they don't use mp.
    Most of them are also AoE except Punishing Sting which is a single target. If a mob dies and the summon is still out, it will auto atk/debuff other mobs nearby. Also first time you summon these, you need to have a target to where you want it summoned. It will stay in same place until it disappears.

You can only have one of this type of summons out at a time. I thought at first that you could spawn several plants at once. This is however not the case. So apologizes for earlier misguidance. But you can still however have one plant type and a pet type summon out at once.
    In the first row with attack skills there's a skill that says it will summon plant to deal Wood damage. This could be a 7th plant summon, but I think it's a regular attack. It doesn't have a duration time for the summon. So in any other case this skill/summon could also possibly be used with the other two types. Someone also suggested that the 20 sec summon could be out at the same time as well (this needs to be confirmed).

Sacrificing summons

There are two skills that makes you "sacrifice" your summons. In other words explode and give different kinds of effect. For pet summons this skill is called Energy Leech, learned at lvl 49. It only works with the first 3 summons but not with Cragglord! Each of the 3 summons of pet type that I mentioned earlier (beside their skills and normal attacks) also give some sort of effect when you sacrifice them by using Energy Leech. In each of the summon skill description you can see e.g "Use Energy Leech to improve your physical defence by X% and Critical rate by X%". This is the case of Devil Chicyu summon. By sacrificing pet summons you normally get a positive effect on yourself (buffs).

For the plant type summons goes a different sacrificing skill, called Lysing, which makes them explode (learned at level 19). Again, depending on the plant/summon, it will cause a negative effect (debuff and/or aoe dmg). E.g. Punishing Sting description says "The Lysing of Sting Nettle (description has a different name) deals 4x physical damage". The Lysing skill makes all plants within range explode (18.4m range at lvl 1) and cause AoE dmg for 10m of EACH plant. Since you can't have more than one plant summon out at a time, my assumption is that plants of all other mystics within the range will be affected. You need to have a target selected to use Lysing. By target it means the mob, not the plant that you want to sacrifice. Now if you have for example 5 plants around the target (yours and other mystic's plants), they will all cause 4x dmg each in an area of 10m around each plant. So the actual area could be greater, depending on how spread out they are. Cool huh? Just note to be careful, because you can aggro a lot of mobs when not needed.

Leveling up summon skills

(Note that this section should not be mistaken with the level of the summons (which they gain themselves as your character level up). This is concerning leveling your summon skills (which goes from 1 to 10) and the skills of your summons.)

This part can be a bit confusing since the word "skills" is involved a lot. Someone asked a question about the summon skills, so I will explain it a bit.

By leveling your plant summon skills, a couple things will happen. You will improve either a) their healing ability (goes for both healing plant summons), b) their debuffs after plant been sacrificed and c) debuffs when they been summoned. This varies between the plants. For example upgrading Listless Blossom only improves sleeping effect that comes from sacrificing plant, NOT the effect from a summoned plant.
    I am unsure what happens if you level up Punishing Sting skill/summon. According to ecatomb there's no other stat that changes other than mp and range.

For the pet type summons goes that mainly their buffs/healing ability gets better when you level up your summon skill. Also since they have their own skill bar, their skills wills automatically level up when you have leveled your summon skill. For example my Devil Chihyu is level 4 now and my summon's skills also upgraded to level 4. I'm not sure if it goes all the way to 10 which is the max level of each summon skill. This has to be checked.

Leveling sacrificing skills
    By upgrading Lysing, you will increase the area within which plants will explode. Does NOT affect explosion area of the plants. According to ecatomb, the cooldown will also increase. At level 1 Lysing has a cooldown of 46.6 sec and at level 10 157sec. This is however incorrect. Cooldown is only 7.5sec at level 1. Needs to be looked into what cooldown is at level 10.
    By upgrading Energy Leech I only assume that it will give you a buff that makes you immune to stun and freeze for 6 sec at level 10. The skill inscription is a bit unclear. Cooldown supposed to be increased as well.

I hope that makes few things a bit clearer :)

ty for the info
  • Alebel - Dreamweaver
    Alebel - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just remembered something I realized a while ago: set summon to "stand-by" mode, then go a certain distance from it - is another way to get rid of the summon without having to die/log off/sacrifice.
  • CharOfLight - Raging Tide
    CharOfLight - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    whats with the stupid nothing telling description of Punishing Sting?
    The Lysing of a Stinging Nettle deals deals 4x Physical damage.
    4x of what?
  • Daltia - Sanctuary
    Daltia - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    plants are summoned pets, so their attack power is variable with your equipment...so whenever you have him out and whatever damage his attack is doing to the monster, 4x that.
  • miliek
    miliek Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hi i have a question, because im so confused, should i lvl all my sumons(devil chiyu and others)?, and should i lvl punising sting?
  • Daltia - Sanctuary
    Daltia - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Level Devil first, he'll likely be your most used pet. punishing sting is just a little extra damage over a duration, you may like what it has to offer, but you may find that creeper or spidervine are of more use to have out.
  • Maddy_Girl - Harshlands
    Maddy_Girl - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There is an easy way to unsummon the pet. Put him on standby and walk away from him. Where veno pets just appear next to you, the mystic pet goes back into his other dimension or wherever you summon him from.

Jesus how many more people are going to post this? It's been said on 3 different pages!
  • Galeskyring - Lost City
    Galeskyring - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    **UPDATED 3/3**

You can only have one of this type of summons out at a time. I thought at first that you could spawn several plants at once. This is however not the case. So apologizes for earlier misguidance. But you can still however have one plant type and a pet type summon out at once.

)

Then lysing should be changed cause it reads that it blows up more then one plant but that's not possible atm.
    **UPDATED 3/3**

For the plant type summons goes a different sacrificing skill, called Lysing, which makes them explode (learned at level 19). Again, depending on the plant/summon, it will cause a negative effect (debuff and/or aoe dmg). E.g. Punishing Sting description says "The Lysing of Sting Nettle (description has a different name) deals 4x physical damage". The Lysing skill makes all plants within range explode (18.4m range at lvl 1) and cause AoE dmg for 10m of EACH plant. Since you can't have more than one plant summon out at a time, my assumption is that plants of all other mystics within the range will be affected. You need to have a target selected to use Lysing. By target it means the mob, not the plant that you want to sacrifice. Now if you have for example 5 plants around the target (yours and other mystic's plants), they will all cause 4x dmg each in an area of 10m around each plant. So the actual area could be greater, depending on how spread out they are. Cool huh? Just note to be careful, because you can aggro a lot of mobs when not needed.

)

That would sadly be incorrect as i have tried this several times >.< Lysing only affects its users plant(s) so the only effective way to multi blast multiple plants would be...

A: summon -> lysing -> summon -> lysing -> summon -> lysing

or

B: Multiple mystics all summon 1 plant then all cast lysing at the same time.

Otherwise the plant skills have been drastically limited given the misconception given by lysing's current readout of how it works and its actual usage when used.

P.s. the other month I filed a report on the plants that not all mystics could summon more then 1 plant and I was told mystics 'should' be able to summon 1 of each plant max not total max, as in no multiples of the same but still possible to play out one of every plant out of every other skill like 1 punishing sting + 1 befuddling creeper but not 1 punishing sting + 1 punishing sting So I think this needs to be looked into more.
  • violetvalor
    edited April 2011
    When I put out a Befuddling Creeper and then a Punishing Sting, the latter just replaces the former. ><

The only way to have more than one plant out is to have Vital Herb + another of your choosing. Note: the two healing plants cannot be lysed.
  • MagicVos - Heavens Tear
    MagicVos - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    was playing with some plants and i was wondering, if you lvl them they get more hp too. anyone knows more about that?
  • boogerbot
    boogerbot Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    **UPDATED 3/3**

So this is as much as I've figured out so far. You are welcome to share your own experience with summons.

Few basics
    What is a summon? Summons are not pets in the same sentence as veno's pets. You cannot tame a summon. They are skills, which means you can find your summons in your skill tree.
    How do I get a summon? The same way as you learn skills, at Mystic Skill Trainer. However, you will need a skill book in order to do this. At an appropriate level a quest will auto trigger. You need to finish the quest to get the book for your summon.
    Can you unsummon it? As for now it seems that you can't. The only way to get rid of the summon after you summoned it is either to relogg, die, let it die or through the sacrificing skills (see below).
    Do I need to level up my summons? No. Summons stay same level as your character. But you gonna have to resummon it after you level up.
    How many summons can I have? There are two main categories of summons. One is a plant type and an other is more of a pet type as veno's pets. You can only have one of the each summon types out at a time, so total of 2. It's been discussed that you may have up to 3 at a time (see more details below).

Summon types

Pet type
    There are two types of summons. First one I call the permanent type or the pet type, simply because they are most similar to the veno's pets. It means they have a pet's skill bar with own skills and actions just like veno pets do. I also call them permanent because they will stay with you for unlimited time until you or the summon dies or if you sacrifice it. You can only have ONE of these summons out at a time. These summons fall within the 3rd row from left in your skill tree, so there's a total of 4 summons of this type: Devil Chichyu (7), Storm Mistress (23), Salvation Emerges (33), Cragglord (59). The first three summons are permanent, the last one however only lasts for 20 sec. But it goes under this category, I believe, is because it also has an own skill bar (has to be confirmed though).

The difference between the summons are their abilities. As I already mentioned they have an own skill bar. Their difference has also to do with what boost they give after being sacrificed (see below). An other thing about the pet type summon is that they need MP to use their skills (it can also attack w/o skills). You can transfer your own mp to the summon with Transference, skill starting at level 17.

Plant type
    Now 2nd type of summons are the ones in the 5th row from left, a total 6 summons of this type. Those are limited, which means you can only have them summoned for a limited time. The first 5 summons stay out for 1 minute, while the last 6th one only last 20 sec as well. Their difference is again their abilities. They cause some kind of debuff or paralyze. Some plant summons also heals. But these summons don't have a skill bar compared to the first type. You can also not heal them and they don't use mp.
    Most of them are also AoE except Punishing Sting which is a single target. If a mob dies and the summon is still out, it will auto atk/debuff other mobs nearby. Also first time you summon these, you need to have a target to where you want it summoned. It will stay in same place until it disappears.

In the first row with attack skills there's a skill that says it will summon plant to deal Wood damage. This could be a 7th plant summon, but I think it's a regular attack. It doesn't have a duration time for the summon. So in any other case this skill/summon could also possibly be used with the other two types. Someone also suggested that the 20 sec summon could be out at the same time as well (this needs to be confirmed).

Sacrificing summons

There are two skills that makes you "sacrifice" your summons. In other words explode and give different kinds of effect. For pet summons this skill is called Energy Leech, learned at lvl 49. It only works with the first 3 summons but not with Cragglord! Each of the 3 summons of pet type that I mentioned earlier (beside their skills and normal attacks) also give some sort of effect when you sacrifice them by using Energy Leech. In each of the summon skill description you can see e.g "Use Energy Leech to improve your physical defence by X% and Critical rate by X%". This is the case of Devil Chicyu summon. By sacrificing pet summons you normally get a positive effect on yourself (buffs).

Leveling up summon skills

(Note that this section should not be mistaken with the level of the summons (which they gain themselves as your character level up). This is concerning leveling your summon skills (which goes from 1 to 10) and the skills of your summons.)

This part can be a bit confusing since the word "skills" is involved a lot. Someone asked a question about the summon skills, so I will explain it a bit.

By leveling your plant summon skills, a couple things will happen. You will improve either a) their healing ability (goes for both healing plant summons), b) their debuffs after plant been sacrificed and c) debuffs when they been summoned. This varies between the plants. For example upgrading Listless Blossom only improves sleeping effect that comes from sacrificing plant, NOT the effect from a summoned plant.
    I am unsure what happens if you level up Punishing Sting skill/summon. According to ecatomb there's no other stat that changes other than mp and range.

For the pet type summons goes that mainly their buffs/healing ability gets better when you level up your summon skill. Also since they have their own skill bar, their skills wills automatically level up when you have leveled your summon skill. For example my Devil Chihyu is level 4 now and my summon's skills also upgraded to level 4. I'm not sure if it goes all the way to 10 which is the max level of each summon skill. This has to be checked.

Leveling sacrificing skills
    By upgrading Lysing, you will increase the area within which plants will explode. Does NOT affect explosion area of the plants. According to ecatomb, the cooldown will also increase. At level 1 Lysing has a cooldown of 46.6 sec and at level 10 157sec. This is however incorrect. Cooldown is only 7.5sec at level 1. Needs to be looked into what cooldown is at level 10.
    By upgrading Energy Leech I only assume that it will give you a buff that makes you immune to stun and freeze for 6 sec at level 10. The skill inscription is a bit unclear. Cooldown supposed to be increased as well.

I hope that makes few things a bit clearer :)

also you can halt it and move away from it it will leave
  • miliek
    edited April 2011
    should i lvl all plants, like befuddling creeper or punishing sting?
  • marin1987
    marin1987 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Reply to Above:
    I don't plan to max any of them cept the second 2 befuddler and spider vine. Sleep is nice too but i think we really got gyped in the plant department. I think after a certain level we should atleast get the option to summon 2 plants at once or atleast have them in a set combo. like punishing sting can be set with beffudler, and listless with spider. I'm also pissed how lvling them not only doesn'y seem to increase the AoE range, nor their HP, but lvling lysing doesn't effect the duration their debuff stays when they are lysing, which in turn makes lvling lysing moot.
    I honestly can see why we can't have all the plants out at once (cause their defbuff is very good for not having to do anything after you use them) but really i can't see why we can only use one at a time, cept the healing plants apparently, which i dont have yet, and sounds like a waste of mp cause the AoE is small. I'd even appreciate it if they added a Lysing effect to the healing herbs, even if it could only work when targeting an enemy, having HP/MPhealing effects last while moving would make up for the lack of a regen skill.
    Really whoever designed mystics should be fired... the pets (summons) seem to be the only "balanced" part of the whole class. I really don't see why it costs me nearly 3-400 mana to throw a plant on the floor.

My only other beef with pets is that they regen hp and mp at a rate of 1, i have yet to see this change at all. SO those who are like "omg mystics : veno" no "mystics < Veno" idc if i can spam heal a pet that has no good base regen or NO hp stealing skill. When the enemies get too tough that's what i find myself doing, just healing the pet whom has no mp. Infact i don't even both tranfering my mp to them cause they usually waste my mp to do their own low dmg.The whole class seems just unfinished/poorly made.

They can easily "fix" the OP ness of plants by only letting the same plant be summoned x amoint of times. For example. 1) mystic can have 3 punishing sting out at once, or 3 beffudding, or 3 spidervine, etc and/or reducing the duration from 1min >> 30s in turn making lysing worth while and necessary. OR they could just make it so you can only have x+y plant out at the same time. OR they could just make lvling lysing add duration to the lysing debuff duration and AoE range. but I honestly don't see them fixing them at all.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lolz, hehe.. I see this thread is still here. Won't be updating it though, since I quit PWI months ago.
    *Semi retired*
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lolz, hehe.. I see this thread is still here. Won't be updating it though, since I quit PWI months ago.

I'm going to call BS. The guide was originally written less than 2 months ago. You been doing some time traveling and just got back that months have passed for you but only a month and a half for the rest of the world?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm going to call BS. The guide was originally written less than 2 months ago. You been doing some time traveling and just got back that months have passed for you but only a month and a half for the rest of the world?

You're right.. Dang, imagine how fast my life woulda passed by if I still played PWI :o
    *Semi retired*
  • miliek
    edited April 2011
    Ye but I still dont have an answer, maybe should I max all of my summons and plants, is it good, there is no guide so Im asking again.
  • violetvalor
    edited April 2011
    Eventually, yes, you will like to max them all. Along the way, however, just go with the ones you use the most. So probably Devil Chihyu, Salvation, (Storm Mistress too if you use it), Punishing Sting, Befuddling Creeper, Healing Herb, Vital Herb.