Sage vs. Demon TW

Lich_Man - Lost City
Lich_Man - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Mystic
I was wondering in terms of TW which is more useful sage or demon? Also which one would others want a mystic to go. Another thing I was wondering what tactics and strategies a mystics could apply in TW.
Post edited by Lich_Man - Lost City on

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the effects for demon are far more superior to sage TW wise.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the effects for demon are far more superior to sage TW wise.

It depends on playstyle. Both have there good and bad points for all versions of pvp.

Demon is perfectly fine for TW and pvp in general, but sage is just as good.
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
  • Demonicin - Lost City
    Demonicin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    eh demon skills are good for pvp but i'm going sage on my mystic cuz it fits my playstyle better than the demon skills. also i really like the sage skills more b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i live my life just the way i feel
    i'm a gangster and i gotta keep it real
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i think both sides have their uses in TW and pvp. its really better to just look over all the skill effects and think to yourself which skill effect would be more useful to your own play style, and decide from there. because, like i said, both paths both have their advantages and disadvantages to TW, pvp, and pve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Lich_Man - Lost City
    Lich_Man - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I get how sage is more balanced. But the thing I'm wondering is exactly how does demon benefit you in tw? Like in what ways do demon skills help out you out in tw.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Demon mystics are critical to the base-buffing team. 4 - minute falling petals + 100% rezzes + good magic attack = major advantage to any faction that has a demon mystic base buffer. Just tape down your falling petals button and click as many different players as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It depends on playstyle. Both have there good and bad points for all versions of pvp.

Demon is perfectly fine for TW and pvp in general, but sage is just as good.

Indeed.
    Demon mystics are critical to the base-buffing team. 4 - minute falling petals + 100% rezzes + good magic attack = major advantage to any faction that has a demon mystic base buffer. Just tape down your falling petals button and click as many different players as possible.

Petals is actually "up to 4 minutes". It can wore off in 10 seconds
    , still a nice chance, but I seriously don't think it's worth wasting a spot in TW for it. Res buff has awful cooldown to be really effective. On cata clerics and clerics in general would be awesomeness though. Good magic attack? ...sage mastery has more base damage lol, not mentionin the extra 200% dmg (700%) and damage reduction you get from sage spark.
    I get how sage is more balanced. But the thing I'm wondering is exactly how does demon benefit you in tw? Like in what ways do demon skills help out you out in tw.

You are basically asking people to tell you how to effectively PvP with Mystic.

For one, you need to review sage/demon skills here

Then again, you also need to actually level your Mystic and PvP/PvE a bit to know what you are really capable of with whatever gear you have. You can't just learn from a thread and imagine a scenario where you have Vital Herb / Healing Herb / Petals / Salvation buffs on everytime you fight someone amd go ZOMGPAWNAGEBEATCH.

According to the latest info, Demon benefits you in TW because petals have the chance to last up to 4 minutes (again, it's unpredictable, can either last 1 hit, 20 seconds, 1 minute, 4 minutes), you can save some charm ticks with the demon resurrect buff, you get more channeling from Rapid Growth, you get increased chan when you triple spark and... oh yeah, thicket has a chance to amplify after damage is dealt.

You asked how Demon benefits you, I kinda summarized it all on my last paragraph.
    You can also review the Sage vs Demon thread where I state that Sage overshines Demon on all terrain. It's a nice discussion.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Indeed.

, still a nice chance, but I seriously don't think it's worth wasting a spot in TW for it. Res buff has awful cooldown to be really effective. On cata clerics and clerics in general would be awesomeness though. Good magic attack? ...sage mastery has more base damage lol, not mentionin the extra 200% dmg (700%) and damage reduction you get from sage spark.

Falling Petals has such a low cooldown that if it did wear off in 10 seconds, it could easily be reapplied. Res buff cd is only 30 seconds. It takes about 3 minutes to go from your base to the enemy's base in a cata squad. Thats your entire party + yourself. Demon spark also has 700% damage increase and it increases your channeling by 25% which is more damage base than 25% damage reduction.

You are basically asking people to tell you how to effectively PvP with Mystic.

For one, you need to review sage/demon skills here

Then again, you also need to actually level your Mystic and PvP/PvE a bit to know what you are really capable of with whatever gear you have. You can't just learn from a thread and imagine a scenario where you have Vital Herb / Healing Herb / Petals / Salvation buffs on everytime you fight someone amd go ZOMGPAWNAGEBEATCH.

According to the latest info, Demon benefits you in TW because petals have the chance to last up to 4 minutes (again, it's unpredictable, can either last 1 hit, 20 seconds, 1 minute, 4 minutes), you can save some charm ticks with the demon resurrect buff, you get more channeling from Rapid Growth, you get increased chan when you triple spark and... oh yeah, thicket has a chance to amplify after damage is dealt.

Have you ever been in a TW before? Its amps and debuffs that kills barbs with 40k HP.
    You asked how Demon benefits you, I kinda summarized it all on my last paragraph.
    You can also review the Sage vs Demon thread where I state that Sage overshines Demon on all terrain. It's a biased discussion.

b:cuteReplies in cyan and correction in red.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    My mystics demon spark says 500% Miz, idk if it's a typo. I dont know why one should be 700% and the other 500%. All other 3 sparks carried the same atk bonuses.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Demon spark is 700% m. attack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    My mystics demon spark says 500% Miz, idk if it's a typo. I dont know why one should be 700% and the other 500%. All other 3 sparks carried the same atk bonuses.

Its a typo. Physical classes demon spark is 500%. Magic Classes demon spark is 700%.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Its a typo. Physical classes demon spark is 500%. Magic Classes demon spark is 700%.

20% hp gain is typo too QQ
    edited April 2011
    Falling Petals has such a low cooldown that if it did wear off in 10 seconds, it could easily be reapplied. Res buff cd is only 30 seconds. It takes about 3 minutes to go from your base to the enemy's base in a cata squad.

The thread opener reffered to a mystic base buffer. I said it's a waste to waste 1 spot just to base buff every1 with a random unpredictable buff.
    Have you ever been in a TW before? Its amps and debuffs that kills barbs with 40k HP.

Have YOU?
    A veno aoe purge and amp + BM dg while R9s with 90 attack levels beat the **** out of 40k hp barbs in no time.

... oh wait, u can't use R9 yet, still need 1 level
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    just FYI demon petali is 5 min not 4. skill discription = adds 4 extra minutes. It may seem useless since it can last from 9 sec to 5 min but still can save ur squad (clan members) by giving them some extra hp before/after charm tick. Anything that helps recover hp and might save ur **** in tw = usefull. Anyway more usefull than 35% chance to get 280mp. The longer the buff lasts on a player (before he gets hit) the more chances it has to save his ****. Mystic spaming petali on a cata barb = 1 more chance that the cata lasts those 10 sec extra you might need to completely take out enemies tower/crystal (ive seen tw where the crystal was left with 250k-500k HP and took a good 30 more min to finish it off due to a very good organized turtle).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011

actually, the book itself says "Effect time is increased by 4 extra minutes." meaning, the buff itself should last 5 minutes, until hit, then its 9 seconds of healing.

Oi i got ninja'd XDD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    The thread opener reffered to a mystic base buffer. I said it's a waste to waste 1 spot just to base buff every1 with a random unpredictable buff.

true, but applying mystics in cata squads as extra buffers works well.

Have YOU?
    A veno aoe purge and amp + BM dg while R9s with 90 attack levels beat the **** out of 40k hp barbs in no time.
    I'm been in both the top TW factions on my server. I have 3 years of TW experience as a wizard. In my server, the enemy faction actually puts up a fight b:bye A range amp = amazing.
    ... oh wait, u can't use R9 yet, still need 1 level
    b:byeI'm a wiz, r9 is overrated. r8 gets the job done just as fastb:cute

Cyan is so pweeeeetty b:thanks
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm a wiz, r9 is overrated. r8 gets the job done just as fast

No wonder no one has any sort of respect for you on any server.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    No wonder no one has any sort of respect for you on any server.

b:byeThen again, why would I spend the money for r9 on a PvE server. Go r9 +12 on my psychic HELLZ YA!
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Please stop with the bs about demon falling petals. Level 10, demon and sage have the same basic description. Demon just extends it by another 4 minutes.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lvl 10 petali both demon/sage last 1 min and warn off 9 sec after u get hit. no1 ever said different. The difference between demon and sage petali is that with sage you get buffed and by the time you get to enemies gates ur buff is off. with demon petali your buff is still on. Win -> sage version/lvl 10 , right? /sarcasm off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not sure why people are so worked up over demon falling petals. 4 minutes is good though when casting it on squad members, but other then that if you're in a support role (TW or PvE) just throw falling petals in a macro with BitC and recast petals that way. Honestly can't be worked up over a skill that only heals once in the next 4 minutes during TW on the first hit. But i agree with demon>sage of course. Sage version add is useless. It definitely wasn't a skill that i based my choice on with sage or demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Kimmahri - Harshlands
    Kimmahri - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lvl 10 petali both demon/sage last 1 min and warn off 9 sec after u get hit. no1 ever said different. The difference between demon and sage petali is that with sage you get buffed and by the time you get to enemies gates ur buff is off. with demon petali your buff is still on. Win -> sage version/lvl 10 , right? /sarcasm off.

I like when people is stupid enough to think demon petals last fixed 4 minutes. Duration is UP to 4 minutes. It doesn't mean it's gonna last for 5 minutes straight lol. Buff... walk, it wears off before you reach ur own gates. WIN !!!
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    I still don't understand why people think demon is more useful for TW. A 25% purify 4-6k near-instant BiTC heal on a barb vs...getting more chi?

Sage BiTC means a 25% chance that heal you throw on a wiz might purify his stun, remove his bleed, AND restore him to full hp in .5 seconds.

Sage BiTC means a 25% chance the barb who is close to death gets an extra 6k hp, and has his Dragon damage amp wiped off before those wiz BIDS hit him.

What can demon do? 100 damage more per nature's vengeance on the enemy? Get some more chi summoning a Devil Chiyu? Cast a 3.5 s channel group heal to purify stuff in the middle of a raging TW? All of these are just too clunky to use effectively in TW.

Demon falling petals IS nice for TW, I won't argue that. But it's usefulness is limited when there are multiple mystics in one TW, all who can probably spare 4-5 seconds to buff their group with petals right before an engagement. Also, most of the Arcanes will die before falling petals even kicks in. Remember, it only heals for around 1.5-2k hp after 3 seconds has passed by. BiTC by comparison is a 5-6k hp heal in .5 seconds. It will heal the majority of players from near-death back up to full hp instantly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I like when people is stupid enough to think demon petals last fixed 4 minutes. Duration is UP to 4 minutes. It doesn't mean it's gonna last for 5 minutes straight lol. Buff... walk, it wears off before you reach ur own gates. WIN !!!

This forum is filled with illiterate people.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
    edited April 2011

+1. It can wear off before you even get hit. Petals duration is not 5 minutes straight. You don't need to be hit for it to start wearing off, it can wear off 10 seconds after you buffed in base.
    This forum is filled with illiterate people.

I know right?
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    I still don't understand why people think demon is more useful for TW. A 25% purify 4-6k near-instant BiTC heal on a barb vs...getting more chi?

Sage BiTC means a 25% chance that heal you throw on a wiz might purify his stun, remove his bleed, AND restore him to full hp in .5 seconds.

Sage BiTC means a 25% chance the barb who is close to death gets an extra 6k hp, and has his Dragon damage amp wiped off before those wiz BIDS hit him.

What can demon do? 100 damage more per nature's vengeance on the enemy? Get some more chi summoning a Devil Chiyu? Cast a 3.5 s channel group heal to purify stuff in the middle of a raging TW? All of these are just too clunky to use effectively in TW.

Demon falling petals IS nice for TW, I won't argue that. But it's usefulness is limited when there are multiple mystics in one TW, all who can probably spare 4-5 seconds to buff their group with petals right before an engagement. Also, most of the Arcanes will die before falling petals even kicks in. Remember, it only heals for around 1.5-2k hp after 3 seconds has passed by. BiTC by comparison is a 5-6k hp heal in .5 seconds. It will heal the majority of players from near-death back up to full hp instantly.

My guild has level 10X clerics in squads who purify just fine. b:surrender
    Then again, nix bleeds don't hurt. Stuns usually aren't too bad considering its archers firing them most of the time, unless you are a stupid wizard and sit in the middle of the lane. If I wanted to kill a barb, why would I use BIDS when I can HF gush him for 10k+?
  • Kimmahri - Harshlands
    Kimmahri - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If I wanted to kill a barb, why would I use BIDS when I can HF gush him for 10k+?

Cause BIDS can hit 40k+ ??? lol I guess he's too pro for it
    edited April 2011
    This is Mystic thread, I dun care how much gush or bids can hit for in mystic sage/demon discussion lulz
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Cause BIDS can hit 40k+ ??? lol I guess he's too pro for it
    Why waste the sparks? Unless I'm sure I can kill at least 5 or more people, I don't bother with the ulties.
    This is Mystic thread, I dun care how much gush or bids can hit for in mystic sage/demon discussion lulz

I used wiz because I thought Burnout could relate. If you don't care, then don't read it. b:bye
  • Iseria - Harshlands
    Iseria - Harshlands Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I find it fun how people troll Mizuoni repeatedly and he just doesn't have a clue lmfao