Tackling Slash wtfbbq

Options
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Assassin
Every now and then, when I hit a mob with Tackling Slash to immobilize it, the damn thing 'slides away', sometimes up into the air, down into the ground, into terrain, or across the ground. Whatever. When this happens, my character runs after the mob, and stands there like an idiot, and I can't do jack ****. I can't shoot it with a bow, I can't knife throw it, I can't auto attack with daggers.

I recall reading about this stupid bug waaaay back when the Fish first came out, and the first Sins started getting up in levels.

So... WTF am i supposed to do when I immobilize a mob, it slides into the god damn ground, starts pounding on me, and I can't hit back?

PWI needs to start banning the mobs that are glitching me, since it's against the rules.

Or at least fix the damn bug. I'm tired of having to reset/kite/fly/whatever these mobs because some idiot in China decided to write a line of code by hitting his keyboard with his chair.

And yeah, gonna submit a bug report, 'cause I'm tired of it. >_> Not that it will fix it.

/rant
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    >.> I have never had a mob that I tackling slashed slide into the ground before..

The only time they "slide" is if they were casting a spell/moving to a squadmate while I TS them. Especially in instances where the mobs move at like 25 meters/sec. It's just lag.

But in all of my playing, I have never had a mob that I TS become unable to attack (with anything, including knife throw and a bow).
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Happens to me quite often, just kite the mob till it moves, tele to it, and kill as normal...
  • Xestria - Dreamweaver
    Xestria - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Forest of Haze 612 475 on hill with Sori's fly to get unstuck
    Forest of Haze 613 472 on hill by Orchid Petali fly to get unstuck
    Forest of Haze 687 403 by Evolved Serpent Soulchaser fly to get unstuck
    Ridge of the Dreaming Cloud 539 362 Sori Dualhammer, fly to get unstuck
    Since an Oracle pulled him from bottom and didn't seem to get stuck after that. Waited for a Cleric to finish, and couldn't figure why she was cussing, then got stuck and knew. Run in place and ..................

Don't know if the TS had anything to do with it or not, just know stuck is stuck, and since they can beat on you but you are defenseless...... bug, ah ya
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'll have to check when I can actually play in dungeons again but I do recall reporting the issue.

I know that in 79 if you are in stealth and you TS a patrolling mob occasionally it will slide away and be invulnerable, meaning you have to force stealth if you don't have room to kite away.

Same applies to most places I believe, anything that has a patrol course will sometimes slide away and beat on you for a bit while it can't be harmed.
    This also applies to "runner" type mobs that always run from you 2x. Coming out of stealth, it auto picks up that you are there and tries to run away. In the frame time of you hitting TS from stealth, the mob has attempted to run away on server side, thus causing it to "slide" away by the time you get it.
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'll have to check when I can actually play in dungeons again but I do recall reporting the issue.

I know that in 79 if you are in stealth and you TS a patrolling mob occasionally it will slide away and be invulnerable, meaning you have to force stealth if you don't have room to kite away.

Same applies to most places I believe, anything that has a patrol course will sometimes slide away and beat on you for a bit while it can't be harmed.
    This also applies to "runner" type mobs that always run from you 2x. Coming out of stealth, it auto picks up that you are there and tries to run away. In the frame time of you hitting TS from stealth, the mob has attempted to run away on server side, thus causing it to "slide" away by the time you get it.

TT99 Gold daggers can still reach the mob in both instances. b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3