Reccommended Class?

Snowmist - Dreamweaver
Snowmist - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm an old player returning from painstalking real-life, but I want to start fresh seeing how my characters are probably history to the well-known community I lived in.

Enough chatter. I know it's a bit cliche of a thread, but I'm a dork, kay? b:shy

So far, I'm kind of into the two new pet-user classes: Venos and Mystics. I made a comeback after this was already in effect, so I hardly know much about the Mystics. The Venos, I'm somewhat familiar, but I was a Barb unless it's wise to go to tiger-mode again?

I like tanking, animals(a lot imo), range attacks, pets. Also, I don't use cash shop. Ever. My money's on Summertime hobbies. Until I save some for online business, I'll be the free-user of America b:laugh

Thanks for helping a fellow noob
Post edited by Snowmist - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If it helps, we're not very familiar with Mystics either... they just came out! b:chuckle

It sounds like you'd enjoy both Mystic and Veno. Both use their pets to tank while they DD from afar. That said, Venos have a bit more range when it comes to their pets. For tanks, Mystics have their Devil Chyuhi's, and that's it. Venos can tame torgims, or armored bears, or Baby Hercs (if you can save up enough coins, that is!), or whatever (my Veno uses a minki!). The ability to catch your own pets as a Veno lets you style your own team, which is fun.

Mystics, on the other hand, have only a handful of pets given to you and that's it. They have excellent healing abilities, which means they're more useful in a group... but if you don't want to be designated healer in a lot of instances, you may want to roll a Veno. Being a team's healer is rewarding, but it means you won't have much time for your pets, and most melee classes can tank way better than the Devil Chyuhi.

I've rolled both, and both are fun. You might consider trying both yourself. They have a slightly different style, but are still tamers at heart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • PhoenixHeal - Harshlands
    PhoenixHeal - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I found Venos more fun.
    The ability to choose wich pet you want is awsome!
    Also, I think Venos are way sexier XD
  • nk1999
    nk1999 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I found Venos more fun.
    The ability to choose wich pet you want is awsome!
    Also, I think Venos are way sexier XD

This, +1 for Veno
  • Malphasia - Raging Tide
    Malphasia - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hmm well Mystics can solo some of the bosses in the game with their Devil Chyuhi. Could not solo the elite FB mobs at the same level, but i don't think you are forced into being the group healer, you can deal damage as well.
    The Devil Chyuhi tanks quite well and it can fly and swim, which most Veno pets don't do I think.
  • Snowmist - Dreamweaver
    Snowmist - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm glad to know a Veno will suit me b:laugh Thank you for the replies
  • Ryoutah - Harshlands
    Ryoutah - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    hmm. if u like using pets then use a veno or a mystic.

veno pros:
    can have herc or nix
    can grind for long periods of time without meditating for mana
    is rather versatile if used correctly
    and solo about anything if they have herc

cons:
    too lazy look it up on the wiki.

mystics pros:
    they can solo bosses as well but not as good as venos
    have healing skills
    get to summon up to monsters unlike the veno's one.
    hit as hard as psychics

cons:
    run out of mana rather quickly

if u like to tank then yes be a barb, seekers can tank as well with the right gear and crab meat in fc's.