Sober or Not? Poll

Devil_Vergil - Lost City
Devil_Vergil - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Off-Topic Discussion
I just wanted to see what this poll would look like, u dont need to specify "what" ur using when u play this game in cluding alcohol or any drugs but who plays this game "under the influence" or completly sober?

I havent played this game in forever and tried to pick it back up but since i had to get sober i realized this game is just too damn boring.

SO whose High/Drunk/Whatever and whose completly sober when they play this game for the most part?
Post edited by Devil_Vergil - Lost City on

Comments

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I notice a lot of people play under the influence - personally I don't drink or do drugs (at least not in the last 7 years). Do energy drinks count though? I tend to go through a lot of those when i playb:chuckle

voted no btw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • IHazNutz - Dreamweaver
    IHazNutz - Dreamweaver Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Funny question b:laugh

Had to go with sometimes. Don't personally feel a need to "enhance" my game time, but having a couple drinks doesn't exactly stop me from playing either:P

I will say this, I undoubtedly play much better sober, but sometimes I just play to goof around too!
  • Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    (Lies) I for one, am high on life.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    alcohol =/= drugs

ijs
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i dont drink/do drugs/whatever else .. i play completely sober ... although i do wonder what it would be like playing while high... lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    (Lies) I for one, am high on life.

+1

Life > Drugs <.< >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Shandelzare - Sanctuary
    Shandelzare - Sanctuary Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    alcohol =/= drugs

ijs

Oh then... sometimes. b:surrender
    i dont drink/do drugs/whatever else .. i play completely sober ... although i do wonder what it would be like playing while high... lol.

It's hard lol. Playing drunk makes you a better gamer. Playing high just ****s your team over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i have medications that include narcotics and sleeping meds. i've played on my own, grinding, im fine. but the one time i ran my cleric in a TT 2-2 DUI, i swore to myself, never again! b:faint

but it seems that most of the high level instance runs i've been part of, the main tank/DDer is always "tanked'....in fact, one guy was quite open that he cant do a TT run unless he is drunk! i've been in two squads doing Astralwalker, and the first one was tanked by the drunk, the second by a sober tank, but a drunk assassin. the first was a repeated party wipe, till people got so fed up they quit the squad. the second, well, we did it in a very business like fashion, no one got really hurt or killed, and we had a blast.

so, like they said back in the old days, "Just Say No To Drugs!" and add alcohol to that say no list.
    b:pleased
    I just wanted to see what this poll would look like, u dont need to specify "what" ur using when u play this game in cluding alcohol or any drugs but who plays this game "under the influence" or completly sober?

I havent played this game in forever and tried to pick it back up but since i had to get sober i realized this game is just too damn boring.

SO whose High/Drunk/Whatever and whose completly sober when they play this game for the most part?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver
    EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I played this game on vicodin for a few days after my wisdom teeth were removed. craaaazzzy stuff happened. i married a guy who publicly announced he was *** on world chat. thank god i don't do what i normally do when i'm on pain meds, (which involves being shirtless) lol. i tried singing on the vent for an old guild and the next day, after my vicodin wore off, someone said they were making fun of me, so i left the guild out of embarrassement and anger. D: i also played it on ambien, and didn't go to sleep (giving me the effect of being high). i was on vent with my old guildies and from what they told me, i tried telling them my bathtub was dancing and i was in my tub. i think i cried once too and threatened to suicide (whether or not it was because they didn't believe me is unknown). I remember one night on my ambien i thought the grudge girl was crawling on my floor... now i'm scared. *pulls feet up on mah chair* ;x;

God help me if kritty sees this. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily forum married to Zannie again. >:O Haters gonna hate
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Once when tanking, i was so drunk i tried to attack the psychic cuz I thought she was a mob
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't get drunk while playing... however I don't mind drinking a beer or a wine xD it usually stays with 1 or 2 glasses though.
    not sober, but not really under influence either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Lairian - Sanctuary
    Lairian - Sanctuary Posts: 8,209 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Haven't played in awhile, but I can honestly say I've never felt the need to take any mind altering substances while playing the game. Or any other time really. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Be nice to people
    edited April 2011
    Shhh... I tore a muscle in my back so my dad gave me a muscle relaxant and now I'm all craaazzzzzzzyyyy b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Stalker__ - Archosaur
    Stalker__ - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Is mayonnaise a drug?b:puzzled

(anyone get the Spongebob reference b:pleased)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Free Candy?b:thanks
  • Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    First off i know alcohol =/= drugs, just easier to make the poll either or, and since this thread turned into stories of drugs or alcohol while playing heres mine.

Ill admit ive played this game sober but as sad as it is when i first started playing i was either on OCs or Heroin 24/7..which included while i was playin so that was just the norm for me. Then when i got clean all i could think of was how i couldnt wait to start playing this game again and it just didnt seem the same. Especially mindless **** like FCC runs and farming...SOOOO hard to do sober lol.

But on the Drunk part of it. I did love this game if i was kinda or really drunk...i just couldnt do anything related to advancing in the game. Being drunk just meant RPKing or MQ camping with my old guild (whatever happened to Koi dammit)

And now i just dont have my computer so thats why i dont really play no more, im sure ill pick it back up when i get my comp to my new house sober or not.
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    first of all Bravo on getting clean. ive see some people messed up by drugs

alcohol on the other hand is somethign i binge on but it gives me the rages so i end up for instance Raging and leaving factions, Raging and pulling aggro, just general raging. gotta be sober to actually levelb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • MoonlightSan - Lost City
    MoonlightSan - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    NEVER! I don't use drugs, I hate drugs, I will not use any kind of drugs- not the legal nor the illegal ones (don't pretend alcohol and cigarettes don't count! ~ you know they do)
    Besides, I can have tons of fun while I am controlling myself! I don't need the help of certain "magic substances" to live my life.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    meh,

For me drinking, college homework, and pwi are simultaneous
    edited April 2011
    NEVER! I don't use drugs, I hate drugs, I will not use any kind of drugs- not the legal nor the illegal ones (don't pretend alcohol and cigarettes don't count! ~ you know they do)
    Besides, I can have tons of fun while I am controlling myself! I don't need the help of certain "magic substances" to live my life.

God help you the day you go through major invasive surgery without drugs. o_o

Lol, I have never used drugs just for the fun of it, but when I use prescription drugs for pain, (currently my back pain medicine), i can't help but log into the game and have some fun while i'm basically high. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Devil_Vergil - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    damn 300 views and only 26 votes....some people just dont wanna admit somethin lol