Is it me? or Is it Natural?

EmeraldxRose - Harshlands
EmeraldxRose - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Mystic
So on my mystic I've just been running around questing trying to hurry and lvl her to 70 to replace my veno as my main before my archer can xD. But lately i've noticed that there are about 100+ mystics already above 80+ running around and even in my low lvls i see maybe in a da 25-30 more mystics in my questing areas. So is it me? or is it natural to see so many people using this class?
It's a bit discouraging because I don't want to play a common class which is why i have an archer. Anyone else kind of feel like this maybe they'll start to disappear?
Post edited by EmeraldxRose - Harshlands on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I hope they'll disappear. It's hard enough to find a squad as a veno because there are so many of them. But yeah, I actually haven't seen that many mystics 80+... I've been doing a lot of FFs and have only encountered maybe 4 or 5. There were TONS at lower levels though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well the mystic can heal, can summon different pets, and has solo potential. So it probably appeals to a lot of casual players as well. There do seem to be more mystics than seekers running around.

Seekers still have to get over the rep that they're bad at pvp. While mystics DESTROY anything in lower lvl pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    from what i've seen of mystics, i'm not worried they'll replace venos in squads any longer. if i played a cleric, i might worry a little, but mystics seem to have a natural role in squads quite different from venos; most of them are reluctant to even lure.

don't get me wrong, i love to squad with good mystics --- they can be great at what they do --- it's just that what they do best seems to have less overlap with a veno's natural role than people sometimes think.

and maybe it's just me or maybe it's that i play on a PvE server, but i could swear there are more seekers running around on heaven's tear than mystics lately. the initial groundswell of chihyus everywhere seems to have abated, now it's glowy swords on every other character's back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • cubansyrus
    cubansyrus Posts: 17
    edited April 2011
    to reply to the clever person i qute "seekers are bad at pvp"

emm there the only class that balances out the sins

thats a dumb thing to say obviously u havent played a seeker (or if u have it doest work)

maybe cause 90% are power lvled fails (fight a real one thats played the class and lvled it through the grind)

how do u spot these illusive rare non power lvls "check there hp"

they destroy all

"where have all the mystics gone anyway"
  • BabaORiley - Dreamweaver
    BabaORiley - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I am a new player leveling up, now at 48 now and I have to say that mystics seem to outnumber all other classes at every low leveling area so far on Dreamweaver. They seem to prefer solo outside questing to dungeons from my limited experience.

As a veno, I am a bit jealous b:lipcurl that their pets get to fly along with them, and appear to be able to perform on land, sea or air, where as we venos have to get a separate pet for each. Just don't tell me they don't have to feed their pet.

I doubt I would every choose to level one. I can't stand the way the demon looks.

I don't think I have ever seen a squad calll out for a mystic, but then I have only rarely see a squad call out for a veno.

It looks like the perfect class for afk'ers. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The exodus is here
    The happy ones are near
    BabaORiley
  • cubansyrus
    cubansyrus Posts: 17
    edited April 2011
    just stand there n look good how can u not love the veno omg infinite spark ooooo and u can share them with me good

thing with mystics that annoys me

didnt it used to be bannable when a veno fought air to ground on bosses/monsters which they can do as it glitches anything on the floor hence making the veno invincible

so how come they allowed/made the mystic able to do the same thing but it seems to be ok for them to ................

wait till 60 + practically no mystic around i once in a blue moon see them

ill have a veno anyday come grind with me

if i want healing ill call upon the old faithful cleric heal + buff cant beat it
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As a veno, I am a bit jealous b:lipcurl that their pets get to fly along with them, and appear to be able to perform on land, sea or air, where as we venos have to get a separate pet for each. Just don't tell me they don't have to feed their pet.

okay, i won't tell you that, then. b:chuckle

unless you count feeding them mana. they have to do THAT enough to make up the difference, and then some. whenever you see a mystic tied to their pet with a glowy, vibrating rope thing? that's the pet leeching MP off the mystic at a stupid rate, for to power the pet's skills. so no, i'm not all THAT jealous of mystics...

edited to add:

cubansyrus wrote: »
    didnt it used to be bannable when a veno fought air to ground on bosses/monsters which they can do as it glitches anything on the floor hence making the veno invincible

not necessarily. it CAN be done legit, if the mob can fight back and damage the pet; that's how most venos do most water-mob quests. long as you (and/or your pet) take damage, it's ok, and honestly that's most of the time. BUT... there's a possible glitch there, that can be exploited to kill mobs without taking any damage at all, AND without the mob resetting either. that exploit was bannable, it remains bannable, and it's bannable still even if it's a mystic doing it. tell them to quit, if they won't listen to you, screenshot and report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Haha, yea, the mana consumption involved with summons is pretty bad. I really only give mana to my storm mistress though, and I think it's worth it when she's hitting FF bosses for 10k lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the class is still new. people are still making new characters and playing with the new class to test them out. i hear people referring to their EG class as their "alts" still, so after some months the class may die down and people will go back to their assassins (joke XD) ... other classes i mean. lol.

although, i have retired my veno slightly (shes still very helpful to me for money making and TT farming xD) and my main is now my mystic. only reason is because i have played a veno character for years on end and i wanted a slight change and mystic gave me what i wanted.

so what im saying is, mystics are peoples new mains for some, for others im sure theyll think eventually "this is boring, my ____ character is better"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well i wouldnt be shocked if a lot of lowbies were Mystics and then u wont see them on high levels... Thats just how it is... A new class comes out so everyone is trying it, They test it till a certain level and some of them probably quit.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I still have my psychic as my main, and the only way I would switch mains again is if I get this char at least rank 8. Since I'm not a cs'er (not a massive one anyways), it's gonna take a while. I do love my mystic, she reminds me of a veno with high maintenance pets (damn mp transferring), but my psychic in the long run may very well hit much harder regardless. So...yeah.

There are quite a few mystics on DW, at least low level ones. But they always go back to their main (if they have one). It always happens that way.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • EmeraldxRose - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Very interesting O_O i guess it's just me but what about the power lvl'd ones. You know what i'm talking about the ones who FC and hyper to higher lvls? what's the rule for the; YEs another high lvl'd character for meh >:D Now how do i summon that plant thingy? How do you make it explode?
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Very interesting O_O i guess it's just me but what about the power lvl'd ones. You know what i'm talking about the ones who FC and hyper to higher lvls? what's the rule for the; YEs another high lvl'd character for meh >:D Now how do i summon that plant thingy? How do you make it explode?

Them kinds usually quit sooner. b:chuckle
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

• EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver
    EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well the mystic can heal, can summon different pets, and has solo potential. So it probably appeals to a lot of casual players as well. There do seem to be more mystics than seekers running around.

Seekers still have to get over the rep that they're bad at pvp. While mystics DESTROY anything in lower lvl pvp.

to reply to the clever person i qute "seekers are bad at pvp"

emm there the only class that balances out the sins

thats a dumb thing to say obviously u havent played a seeker (or if u have it doest work)

maybe cause 90% are power lvled fails (fight a real one thats played the class and lvled it through the grind)

how do u spot these illusive rare non power lvls "check there hp"

they destroy all

"where have all the mystics gone anyway"

Lol... Burnout said nothing about them being bad... just that they have a rep to be bad.

And I personally love my mystic, like Vixter said, she is my new main. I am always playing her... she's so much fun. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily forum married to Zannie again. >:O Haters gonna hate
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I definitely made my Mystic my main. I've never enjoyed a class THAT much, even if I love clerics, mystics are just the type of class I had always dreamed of.
  • Xyrika - Archosaur
    Xyrika - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yes there are many mystics out there but amongst them there are a lot of fails too.. Latly I hada BH with a mystic that doesn't even lvl his plants.. I just was thinking OMG, how did he get to 80+?
    But still I love that mystics can do a lot of solo stuff as a veno.. Yes its easier with a veno, but its fun too with a mystic and the skills are not just green, red with green, blue with greeen... :)
    In Squats mystic is a good help for the cleric. In case someone got agro and you have to do sth quick a mystic is unbeatable..
    If you want to play a class thats seldom and noone really wants for most squats go and play Wizz. Don't get me wrong, I love that class, but it happens far too often that I was rejected for squats so that I would not to recomend it as main unless you have enaugh monney for at least R8 and decent refine..
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    yes there are many mystics out there but amongst them there are a lot of fails too.. Latly I hada BH with a mystic that doesn't even lvl his plants.. I just was thinking OMG, how did he get to 80+?
    But still I love that mystics can do a lot of solo stuff as a veno.. Yes its easier with a veno, but its fun too with a mystic and the skills are not just green, red with green, blue with greeen... :)
    In Squats mystic is a good help for the cleric. In case someone got agro and you have to do sth quick a mystic is unbeatable..
    If you want to play a class thats seldom and noone really wants for most squats go and play Wizz. Don't get me wrong, I love that class, but it happens far too often that I was rejected for squats so that I would not to recomend it as main unless you have enaugh monney for at least R8 and decent refine..

Well to be fair, the plant leveling thing isn't everyone's priority at the moment. I have one of my plants maxed, but that's because I use it more than my other plants. I'm short on coin half the time (my main does not fund this character outside of the 5 sage books I got for her), so I rather level up skills/plants that I use on a regular basis than ones I touch once in a blue moon. They will be leveled soon enough though.

Now if this guy have no intention of leveling any of his plants, then...well...that's on him.

BTW, my first main was a wizard. I loved playing her, but when your psychic hits harder than her pre rank 8 with the same grade weapon with same refines (wiz had tt 99 pataka, psy had the 97 legendary sphere), something just ain't right there.

• IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I definitely made my Mystic my main. I've never enjoyed a class THAT much, even if I love clerics, mystics are just the type of class I had always dreamed of.

Same. =)
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011

so how come they allowed/made the mystic able to do the same thing but it seems to be ok for them to ................
    It's a glitch because the pet and the mob are both at melee range, but only the pet can fight back.

But if it's a mistress using ranged attacks, it makes sense. Melee mobs aren't supposed to be able to attack her. You wouldn't ban a flying archer pking a level 30 barb that doesn't have a flying mount yet now would you?
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Sassaiki - Sanctuary
    Sassaiki - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Maybe it's just me, but on Sanctuary I come across a lot more seekers than mystics. Especially at the higher levels. There seemed to be a lot of mystics initially but I don't know where they've gone now. So my experience has been quite the opposite of the OP.
  • Demonicin - Lost City
    Demonicin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yeah i've seen mystics like crazy in the lower lvls but not as many seekers but as i got higher i started seeing less mystics and more seekers. kinda weird i guess but i love my mystic and i think it'll be my new main. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i live my life just the way i feel
    i'm a gangster and i gotta keep it real
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Maybe it's just me, but on Sanctuary I come across a lot more seekers than mystics. Especially at the higher levels. There seemed to be a lot of mystics initially but I don't know where they've gone now. So my experience has been quite the opposite of the OP.
    yeah i've seen mystics like crazy in the lower lvls but not as many seekers but as i got higher i started seeing less mystics and more seekers. kinda weird i guess but i love my mystic and i think it'll be my new main. b:victory
    yup same here, with both of these. i remember when i started playing on my mystic i saw devil chihyus floating on their clouds EVERYWHERE. now, in my higher levels when im doing FCs, or other parties, even in my guild, there are way more seekers than mystics xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • DarkGifts - Harshlands
    DarkGifts - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have a veno and a cleric on Raging Tides server and I love both. But, at the moment, I only play the mystic and its just great, its a crossbreed between veno and cleric. Only thing I am missing is my herc... :)
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Idk, These days even on DW I haven't seen very many Mystics at all, it's mostly just Seekers. I don't know yet about high levels because I'm only 36 atm. Mystic is my favorite class ever, and it is indeed very unique, and maybe some people can't handle it's awesomeness xD!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • EmeraldxRose - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Wow it's nice to hear pplz observations o.o and Vix i'm surprised cause usually on my veno when I do bh59 we have at least 2-3 mystics in squad
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yup same here, with both of these. i remember when i started playing on my mystic i saw devil chihyus floating on their clouds EVERYWHERE. now, in my higher levels when im doing FCs, or other parties, even in my guild, there are way more seekers than mystics xD

Yeap exactly the same with me.

And btw Hai Treehugs!

I didn't realize the veno was your main until I saw the Sig. b:laugh
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
  • hines86ward
    hines86ward Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have a lv. 68 Mystic and so far I'm loving it simply for the diversity. From the boss debuffs w/ the plant spells, to the solo capability and even the healing potential, the Mystic is such a diverse class that it strongly compliments any team. I've played the role of healer countless times, turned Assassins into decent tanks w/ Salvation's buffs, and most of the time in the Public Quest I come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd thanks to Cragg Lord's mass AoE attacks.
  • Livrie - Dreamweaver
    Livrie - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    At low levels, it was the comfort of being protected. And then it was the fun of being able to vary my damage output as needed by playing different skills in different orders.

Now I've discovered the excitement of having 3+ Mystics in the same squad: pets acting as each other's fallback tanks, near-instant heals for anyone who needs it, triple-combo Absorb Soul following a single Mystic's NV, having both debuff plants and healing herbs out at the same time... A few days ago, we recovered from a near squad wipe (3 people dead, other 3 squishy and disorganised), including fully healing and rebuffing everyone and giving aggro back to the tank, in under 20 seconds. All without any kind of game plan. This sort of visceral reaction is very exciting indeed.

The more I play, the more reasons I find to love the Mystic. For me, it is entirely natural that this Mystic is now my main.
    AsOne faction - asone-dw.mmoguildsites.com - PvE, we do that.