Solo TT and farming

HellWariorB - Raging Tide
HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Barbarian
I will soon hit lvl 95 and i was wondering what what TT i can solo with BP and charm or duo with a cleric
http://pwcalc.com/b7d6d2f22602648d
these will be my build - have all pieces except wrist still working on or i can go with these build
http://pwcalc.com/4b6e238a1776157e
i have the wrists from FB59 b:pleased
any input or criticism about my build will be appreciated
Post edited by HellWariorB - Raging Tide on

Comments

• fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The first thing Fuzzy gonna say is that your cape and ornaments are crying out to be refined! Getting a piece of gear to at least +3, using only mirages is really quite easy and doesn't take near as many as people seem to think. If you are planning to solo anything, the panda is begging you to get that done first. Having chosen to be a claw barb (Fuzzy makes no comment on this being good or bad) you have severely drained you hp pool. Refining everything possible is a MUST to recover what you can.

As for running TT, Fuzzy assumes you are talking about squad mode, not solo. With a decent cleric who can withstand a hit or two themselves, anything up to 2-3 should be more than possible. If you do manage to farm the TT90 gold wrists for the added interval bonus, even 3-1 might not be a stretch with a cleric in tow. Just make sure to also stock up on the good ol' apoth before giving it a try.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    3-1 is going to be pretty easy except for the boss you need to kill within 3(?) minutes and I haven't tried behemoth yet. I'm personally finding TT 1-1 to be the most cost effective to solo for me right now, but I'm not 95 yet. Running 1-1 nets me about 2.5-3 million in an hour and can be done purely on bloodpaint healing + about 6-8 HP food.

I've found that for others I'd still need to drag a cleric around or risk having my charm ticked, which I'm finding a waste until I can do some better damage to make the run faster and thus the costs less.

Not that I often run TT, mostly just to afford a stack of CS stones every now and then.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    With only a 2.22 base/2.86 sparked, soloing really isn't very effective for you right now. Your best bet is to get a few other people together and do 1-3, 2-3, 3-1 for money. Do FC and cube every day and get to 100 and start farming nirvana until you can get at least a base of 4.0. Then you can start soloing 1-3s and 2-3s. Get a cleric. And by get a cleric I mean make a cleric and get it to at least level 90. Even if you can solo an instance, having your own cleric saves you so much money on charms. Once you get 5.0 aps sparked you can start soloing TT3-2 which gives sorceress's souls and neck golds. You probably cannot solo emperor yet, not until you have a highly refined weapon and a high HP and preferrably some +2 DEF shards. Right now I haven't tested it yet but I think with sage bloodpaint and crab meat I can solo 3-2 (with no cleric) charmless, but I'm too lazy to find out.

Alternatively once you get 5.0 aps you could get a squad together with some other high aps DDs and farm TT3-3. The only boss that should give you trouble is steelation and maybe emperor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Alternatively once you get 5.0 aps you could get a squad together with some other high aps DDs and farm TT3-3. The only boss that should give you trouble is steelation and maybe emperor.

with his current HP shown on either of those builds, Illusion Lord: Armageddon would be the biggest stumbling block in 3-3. Most clerics in Dreamweaver cant survive his random aggro hit, so they pretty much resort to rezzing/buffing if they are in a squad doing him - the rest of the time they just stay back out of his aoe.

any rate: the mdef on those builds are pretty low , even with buffs (I have as much unbuffed). since you aren't permasparked I would say to carry a genie with earthquake level 10 to cancel magic attacks if you intend to fight standing up with claws, otherwise you are looking at getting hit by bosses like Vipenalt, Drummer, Soul Banisher for about half your HP if you are running eg: 1-3 high mode. Since you aren't 99 yet to get the -int bonuses of LA ornaments, I'd suggest replacing the necklace with TT 90 gold neck, retaining the max hp +5% bonus but gaining extra mdef. then you can refine both ornaments for more mdef.

Your pdef with full buffs is about what I have in tiger form, unbuffed (or fair to say standing with either vanguard or level 10 bell) so you'll definitely want to have full buffs for best chances, since being 11 levels behind me you're going to take slightly more damage than I would against a ? boss.

All of that being said, I'm not a claw barb myself - I'm a traditional vit "axe" build barb (rank 8 weapon +4). I know I can solo 1-3 uncharmed and the only buff I have is demon bloodpaint and use minimal pots, takes me about 1 hour to do. I also know that with a charm I can solo Belial in 2-3 even while debuffed - he just never does enough damage to get through my charm (but I have 18k + hp in tiger form).

just figured I'd throw my 2 cents in there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited April 2011
    I can solo Belial in 2-3 even while debuffed - he just never does enough damage to get through my charm (but I have 18k + hp in tiger form).

Axe barb ftw! b:dirty

Fuzzy just had to say it
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    with his current HP shown on either of those builds, Illusion Lord: Armageddon would be the biggest stumbling block in 3-3. Most clerics in Dreamweaver cant survive his random aggro hit, so they pretty much resort to rezzing/buffing if they are in a squad doing him - the rest of the time they just stay back out of his aoe.

If you know a few tricks then you can make illusion lord one of the easiest bosses in the game

Plus I assume if/when he reaches 5.0 aps his HP will be much higher. Just getting the nirvana legs for me was a huge HP boost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Player_two - Harshlands
    Player_two - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »

Fuzzy just had to say it
    +1 char
    b:shocked oh noes was walking and forgot to breath
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited April 2011
    Just getting the nirvana legs for me was a huge HP boost.

2 sockets ftw right Rawrgh? b:chuckle

sorry, Fuzzy couldn't help himself again
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Meh, **** happens. When it comes up to the top of my list I'll add another socket, right now I'm more concerned with getting +10 on my nirvana claws and rank 8 wep, sharding vit stones in my cape, and then maybe I'll focus on socket stones.

The great thing about a claw build is that I'll be able to farm the ~30mil or so for socket stones in a day or two. Doing 30 minute 3-3 runs brings in a LOT of money.

On Monday I made an easy 20mil and all I did was maybe 3 TT3-2 runs solo at about half an hour each. Wrist gold - 5mil. 8 minister stone's - 7.2mil. Throw in an excitement card from tiger event which I almost always come in the top 5 for and it's easy money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Truth be told, I've gotten a bit jaded on farming TT anymore. Certainly I can do it, and we've got the squad that can do it.. Its just a matter of me being kinda lazy now for 1, bored of the same stuff time in time out, plus whenever I get a TT drop in my bag I say "get this **** out of here". Economies may be a bit different on other servers but it seems like on DW at any rate, the TT market is so flooded with most mats that farming it is becoming pointless because most mats are now mostly worthless in value unless you get the bossess that 90% of the server doesn't (because they cant) do and are lucky to get a gold mat drop.

most 3-3 mats: cheap, everyone does this run up to Colluseast for BH - too much supply, not enough demand

Some of the Steelation mats can go for up to 1 mil at times, sometimes as low as 250k.

I used to farm 2-2 for dust of stars and they were going for 400k, now they're only worth about 200k.

Its just mehb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Fuzzy just had to say it

Rare these days, ain't we?

RedMenace
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Player_two - Harshlands
    Player_two - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Truth be told, I've gotten a bit jaded on farming TT anymore. Certainly I can do it, and we've got the squad that can do it.. Its just a matter of me being kinda lazy now for 1, bored of the same stuff time in time out, plus whenever I get a TT drop in my bag I say "get this **** out of here". Economies may be a bit different on other servers but it seems like on DW at any rate, the TT market is so flooded with most mats that farming it is becoming pointless because most mats are now mostly worthless in value unless you get the bossess that 90% of the server doesn't (because they cant) do and are lucky to get a gold mat drop.

most 3-3 mats: cheap, everyone does this run up to Colluseast for BH - too much supply, not enough demand

Some of the Steelation mats can go for up to 1 mil at times, sometimes as low as 250k.

I used to farm 2-2 for dust of stars and they were going for 400k, now they're only worth about 200k.

Its just mehb:surrender

TT Bh has been changed to Lunar wich FYI is rediculous. who the hell is gonna pay a 500k buy in for a chance at 8 subs, 50 chips, or the break even 50 mirages. Get an orb of cultivation and you get no money back for it...way to fail
    b:shocked oh noes was walking and forgot to breath
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    TY all for the input. I wanted to go claws for the DPS and to be able to farm more efficiently - i have a few friends with who i can run some TT runs but lately at bosses i became a debuffing machine b:cry devour + frighten again and again b:sad and i wanted more. TY all for your opinions - 3 more lvls until 95 b:pleased
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    ^well im staying true to my vit axe build and i find it pays off pretty well in pvp against equivalently geared players, and I honestly dont mind being a "debuffing machine" if it means amplifying the damage of a 5.0 squad for a quick run through nirvana, though I still take on the tank role for squads that need me to do so - and I like making money off of full delta runs (which i can do uncharmed now). Sure I could have gone fist build myself for more damage output - but I just don't like the idea of sacrificing that much HP especially when one of main purposes I built my barb for was to be able to pull a catapult in TW. I now have the HP that the kings of old used to have - but by today's standards is low in regards to 5.0 dd's and r9 wizards/archers. but eventually I'll get there. In my own opinion, going fist goes against everything a barb is meant for - to be able to absorb the most amount of damage possible. If I wanted a 5.0 farming toon, I'd get my 99 golds finished out first and hyper my BM up to 100 and account stash the gear over then work on funding for tome + cape or (stage 2 legs) + deicides. I really have no desire to be a BM main, I love my barb too much, so i dont mind having slightly lower damage than the guys with TT 100 fists or better :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
    edited April 2011
    I like playing barb and i like getting 5 APS and honstly i don't want to make a BM or Sin for that so i made a compromise. And i believe it will pay off eventually b:pleased
  • Dagnatic - Sanctuary
    Dagnatic - Sanctuary Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Fuzzy just had to say it

Wait? what?
    you mean to say..
    you cant be.
    OMG!!!
    really?
    NOWAY!!!
    so...
    hang on...
    you mean?
    im not the only axe barb left?
    there are actually others like me??

WHOOO HOOO
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Heh, yes there are still axe barbs left. Many seem to switch over to claw at end game, but it's not really worth considering until 100+.

Personally I am impressed that barbs can restat at end game to dps and remain effective, and I certainly understand why many do. As it now getting into the 80's, it becomes very hard to hold aggro against aps players. I plan on sticking with axe/vit build as long as I can bare it, but I've got another 20 levels to ride out before I'll take any serious consideration towards switching.

At this point I do agree switching to a claw build seems like it defeats the point of playing a barb, but perhaps when I reach 100 I'll feel differently if they still haven't given us any aggro improvements.
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear
    MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I will never go claw. Nothing against those that do but I just feel it not what a barbarian is supposed to be. Although I am also the nut who refuses rank gear also. Farming solo maybe a money maker but I like to squad up. I will happily duo an instance with a cleric or something. This is a pay to win game. If I want to be super uber it just takes plastic so I will just party up to do stuff and enjoy the ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    lol Mork, I love your sig pic!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Soloing as a Barb is fun, I love it, we can have HP and Str buffs, debuff phy def, stack with genie skills, and crit buff ftw as a Demon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    Just as a note to people that don't think using a claw is what barbs is about... if you restat to be able to wear claws, this does not diminish your ability to use axes and all the skills you have. You won't be using claws much except at bosses, so you'll still be playing much the same way, just with 2500 base HP less. Obviously this is quite a lot at lower levels, but once gear / upgrades / shards start contributing more to your HP, it'll become less noticable.

I find myself using my Pan Gu's most of the time, with a little less HP, but much faster boss kills and the ability to retain aggro. Respect to those sticking it out with non-aps build though of course, I just gave up when lvl 80 psychics could steal aggro b:sad
  • MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear
    MorkFromOrk - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    some DDs have always been able to steal agro if they go all out especially with Jones. Once upon a time they would pull back a little every now and then so they wouldnt get agro but that was back in the day when PWI was a team sport.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    some DDs have always been able to steal agro if they go all out especially with Jones. Once upon a time they would pull back a little every now and then so they wouldnt get agro but that was back in the day when PWI was a team sport.

Indeed, now the sport has become who can grab aggro from the tank
    edited April 2011
    Well i just restarted b:pleased love the dmg but i miss a little my hp (i lost approximately 3k HP tiger form but gain 6 more crit) - have to farm more for my gears. Now i can tank better b:cute still have a little problem with sins with good gears but triple spark + HF + mire b:dirty
  • _Purge_ - Heavens Tear
    _Purge_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Are you sure you get better Aggro-holding capabilities at level 95 with let's say 2.22aps, rather than going Tiger Form and using Aggro Skills?
    edited April 2011
    well against a 99 sin with +4 2 soc frost weapon i couldn't hold argo in tiger form but sparked at 2.86 aps i could hold the argo better - i lose argo a couple of times when i was not sparked but i gained it back with triple spark
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not arguing the benefits of claws here other than to say this about them:

Now that people are hyper leveling their chars and not fully learning them its often easier for a new barb to hold aggro with spark+aps rather than knowing how to use their aggro skills.

I see some of our more experienced vit barbs complaining that 2.86 is the most they can hold aggro against, but I know I can hold aggro against a 3.33 aps sin or 4.0 aps bm in tiger form depending on how much amping/debuffing is going on. I set a baseline that if I was 5 aps and couldn't keep aggro on my barb from someone (who would also be 5.0) then they better be able to tank irregardless. 5.0 and a couple hundred mil on aggro ripping gear you better be ready to tank.

Lastly. Its super fun to be in a squad with an vit barb, have more hp, and make that axe barb look completely useless by switching to fists to DD and requiring no heals when you have paint. Of course, this all comes down to gear not build, but still... Being full fist and calling yourself "squishy" while a full vit barb has less hp than you has to be infuriating to them.b:chuckle
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited April 2011
    my first char was made 1 and a half year ago and i think i know how to play my class b:cute but mostly i switch for farming purposes. So far i tried TT2-2 with BB, no paint and i can do just fine ( i died once at General Wurlord because i didn't time right my spark but i am getting better b:cute)
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Personally, I love my Barb too much to make a BM, or sin alt for farming.

That's my main reason of going 5.0 aps on it, I just.....love being a Barb. b:cute

my first char was made 1 and a half year ago and i think i know how to play my class b:cute but mostly i switch for farming purposes. So far i tried TT2-2 with BB, no paint and i can do just fine ( i died once at General Wurlord because i didn't time right my spark but i am getting better b:cute)

Yea, practice helps so much later on. lol

Before, Wulord was a pain for me, but soon I found easy tricks and such to do with him, like canceling after luring, but before BB, and not suffer a tick in the charm.

Or Belial, Belial was a huge pain at first, but soon found a way to kill each adds, what to kill first and last, and when to cancel to protect the cleric healing. I can do Belial without BB too.

Just have pots, a charm, and a great farming genie, and you are set to go. I personally have 3 genies for farming. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited April 2011
    QQ come to RT to teach me I'm a good student.

my BM and Sin are both under 20 lol
    Wurlord is easy if i cancel all his mag attacks - had some problems with Astralwalker b:sad need to figure him too (btw i was uncharmed - more challenging and less expensive)

BTW my genie has Alpha male, ToP, Quake, Solid Shield, And Holy Path

want to change Alpha Male to Mire or AD what are yours suggestions?