PvP VS Mages

billynormankk
billynormankk Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Seeker
I understand I am only 75 and don't really have the current gear I would need for proper magical defense.But honestly, does anyone have a good way to deal with them?? I am not talking nub mages that stand there and let you beat em up, I mean people that are decent at what they do xD.Oh and mostly against psychics cuz so far wizzies seem a lot easier to handle.
Post edited by billynormankk on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    mmmmmmm.........if i dont stun them first im dead >.> the first 1-2 shot killed me.
    we are HA but dont have the hp of a barb nor the marrow of a bm, nor the middle magic def of a LA so..... The base apothecaries might be worthwhile... the ones that act like the BMs marrow........ still experimenting here.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    at level 86 i was 1 shotting aa users with Gemini slash so Magic users arent bad for us Seekers just use the - channeling skill then gemini and its game over. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • billynormankk
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the input,I guess I will work on maxing Gemni slash then for the wizzies,clerics,venos etc. But the psychics >_>.........
    edited April 2011
    at level 86 i was 1 shotting aa users with Gemini slash so Magic users arent bad for us Seekers just use the - channeling skill then gemini and its game over. b:chuckle
    I feel that the gemini tactic only works on those mages that are wasting their time either
    -debuffing you first
    -attacking you with a small skill to finish you off with a bigger skill.

most mages have skills they can cast within that (channeling+gemini) time. And if their smart enough they can delay you one way or the other. If gemini is actually one shotting these AA then they REALLY have crappy gear.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    I feel that the gemini tactic only works on those mages that are wasting their time either
    -debuffing you first
    -attacking you with a small skill to finish you off with a bigger skill.

most mages have skills they can cast within that (channeling+gemini) time. And if their smart enough they can delay you one way or the other.

have you maxed out your channeling skill and gemini? that skill casts so extremely fast when it is capped that the mage will be dead if they get close enough to seal/sleep. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • billynormankk
    edited April 2011
    Could you tell me how much your Gemni is hitting for?? And roughly what gear you have?
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    Mendy__ - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    mmmmmmm.........if i dont stun them first im dead >.> the first 1-2 shot killed me.
    we are HA but dont have the hp of a barb nor the marrow of a bm, nor the middle magic def of a LA so..... The base apothecaries might be worthwhile... the ones that act like the BMs marrow........ still experimenting here.....

people call me stupid for building my seeker the way i did- and they could be right... but i went half LA (because i am using my pdef orns +10 from my other arcane mains) which buffed with cleric buffs gives me almost 5k mdef... then i use mdef charms in pk- with the +42 defense level (sage adrenal numbness+krav maga+def lvl on warsong belt and cube neck) i dont do that badly against mages- and i dont lose out on pdef because of the orns

on a different note- a good way to interupt mages casting if you have no stuns left is quid pro quo (even if you have no debuffs to transfer) at higher levels it has a quicker cooldown time and it can buy you an extra second for something to cool down or get parchedblade to proc to use with stalag... meh.. my two cents
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Could you tell me how much your Gemni is hitting for?? And roughly what gear you have?

umm i have tt 80 dual swords and my armor is meh. i have the +15 str tome The sunny pass. and the warsoul of earth helm. lets see.... i hit around 5k+ with Gemini slash more if i triple spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

edited April 2011
    have you maxed out your channeling skill and gemini? that skill casts so extremely fast when it is capped that the mage will be dead if they get close enough to seal/sleep. b:chuckle
    when i did it its already sage channeling so yes i would say both were maxed out.

but also speaking as an AA, gemini should not one shot them unless its a crit or their wearing some sort of low gear.
    my current weapon is the Saoring spirit sword, so its not my sword thats low in dmg
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/28955

and the pple i tested on by no means had any nirvana or R9
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    dunno why your having issues with magic users i dont have any issues and my skills arent even capped yet. i have level 3 blade affinity and level 9 gemini i think? dunno i havent been ingame for a bit cause im not feeling well plus im pissed off at pwi for the fact that i talked to the sage npc it gave me the demon culti chain. b:angry and when i talked to them about it they said the only way to fix it would be to purchase the cash shop item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

edited April 2011
    people call me stupid for building my seeker the way i did- and they could be right... but i went half LA (because i am using my pdef orns +10 from my other arcane mains) which buffed with cleric buffs gives me almost 5k mdef... then i use mdef charms in pk- with the +42 defense level (sage adrenal numbness+krav maga+def lvl on warsong belt and cube neck) i dont do that badly against mages- and i dont lose out on pdef because of the orns

on a different note- a good way to interupt mages casting if you have no stuns left is quid pro quo (even if you have no debuffs to transfer) at higher levels it has a quicker cooldown time and it can buy you an extra second for something to cool down or get parchedblade to proc to use with stalag... meh.. my two cents
    i think the OP is refering more to pple whos not yet high up there in level.
    There will be a huge diff. in tactics for his level and any advice he gets from someone whos reusing an earlier endgame gear from account stash. As a lv100 youll pretty much have to strip to npc gear for him and then see what can be worked around VS AA's, since the higher gear, the better the stats.
    edited April 2011
    ...that reminds me i do have some LA gear lyin around... i should strip that chara and try that.
  • billynormankk
    edited April 2011
    Heh tried some new tactics, still not looking good for me T_T. Dueling Mystic earlier, he basically did the same thing over and over Pet Stun,Thicket DD GG. Currently I have not found anyway around that combo which is making me feel like R8ing my mystic now xD. But ye Melee classes much easier ._.'....
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Heh tried some new tactics, still not looking good for me T_T. Dueling Mystic earlier, he basically did the same thing over and over Pet Stun,Thicket DD GG. Currently I have not found anyway around that combo which is making me feel like R8ing my mystic now xD. But ye Melee classes much easier ._.'....

VoidStep (the Mystic, not pet)>Vortex>Gemini Slash w/ Blade Affinity>Battoussai> then random skills until VoidStep is done cooling down and follow that with Stalagstrike and Dark Cloud Bolt

^That's how I've beat them in the past. Haven't been able to figure out what to do when they use that knock-back skill since most of the time I make them panic and they forget about it b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • billynormankk
    edited April 2011
    VoidStep (the Mystic, not pet)>Vortex>Gemini Slash w/ Blade Affinity>Battoussai> then random skills until VoidStep is done cooling down and follow that with Stalagstrike and Dark Cloud Bolt

^That's how I've beat them in the past. Haven't been able to figure out what to do when they use that knock-back skill since most of the time I make them panic and they forget about it b:laugh

Well your combo is flawed for one reason, when the Mystic is using the first pet with auto stun ready, it pretty much messes up the whole vortex thing, plus he/she usually follows up with thicket so I am screwed right after that b:cry.
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well your combo is flawed for one reason, when the Mystic is using the first pet with auto stun ready, it pretty much messes up the whole vortex thing, plus he/she usually follows up with thicket so I am screwed right after that b:cry.

Yeah, that's true. I guess I've just been lucky. Stupid auto stun! I say just keep trying and you'll eventually figure out a good pattern, even if it does take a while. Do you have the skill to disarm their weapon yet? b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • billynormankk
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, that's true. I guess I've just been lucky. Stupid auto stun! I say just keep trying and you'll eventually figure out a good pattern, even if it does take a while. Do you have the skill to disarm their weapon yet? b:sin

Nope otherwise it would make things so much easier xD.
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Here's a tactic I've used a few times and handled casters pretty well:

voidstep> Heartseeker > Edged blur and either stalag or gemini depending on my stance at the time.

My absolute favorite though is QPQ vs a veno who has a nix and then Holy path the hell outta there b:chuckle
  • CocteauTwin - Lost City
    CocteauTwin - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I just rolled a Seeker, so I'm not saying it from experience, but from theory. I know it's not worth as much as experienced Seeker's advices, but it's always worth something b:chuckle

1. Wizards:
    - this may be race "The one who casts nuke first wins", so use Blade Affinity + Gemini Slash to take them down (it's good to bring their HP to about 60-70%) and use Apothecary/Genie/Spark if you'll see you won't be able to stop them from casting BIDS or other hard hitting spell
    - if they use Sutra, stun them with Voidstep
    - keep them Heartseekered as often as possible
    - choice of Sword buff:
    a) Northen Sky Waltz - 3 second Immobilize + nice boost to DMG [-20 Defense Level when maxed]
    b) Parchedblae Dance - a bit of DMG + 3 second stun
    c) Soulsever Minuet - Metal DMG + penalty to Attack/Defense Level
    d) Duelist's Glee - DMG + 6 second disarm

If you're lvl 100, use Duelist's Glee, otherwise I would advise NSW or PD

2. Venomancers:
    - if they Nix bleed you, QPQ them
    - you may also QPQ Amplify Damage or Ironwood Scarab debuff
    - keep them Heartseekered
    - AoEs attacks are nice option [Heartseeker + Vortex b:victory]
    - again, use DG if u can, otherwise NSW or PD

3. Clerics:
    - QPQ their debuffs
    - Heartseeker
    - try to kill them with Gemini Slash, their heals may be too good for trying bringing them down slowly

4. Psychics:
    - QPQ Soulburn [IIRC it could be done?]
    - QPQ Red Tide if you fight Psy with high refines
    - if they're foolish enough to use Disturb Soul, you know what to do b:sin
    - same goes to Diminished Vigor
    - QPQ may be also used on their slowing spells, but it's better to keep for tougher spells
    - Heartseeker
    - it's hard to break through Soul skills at endgame, do everything you can to 1shot them [try 3 sparked Gemini Slash]
    - for a sword buff, look above

5. Mystics:
    - everything apart from QPQ part is like with Venos
    - avoid being close to plants
    For endgame fights:
    - keep the disarm effect for Thicket/Lucky Break + Weeping Breeze Dance
    - you must be aware that your opponent may use Energy Leech before hard hitting spell to avoid being Stunned
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i think all classes r even so im not putting them on a pedistal here but.....ur best chance at winning is on the first or seconde hit.(hopefully all sage skills)soulserver. then 3 spark>blade affinity>heartseeker>gemini. with some luck soul would have marked on heartseeker and the combined dmg would be more then enough to kill them.if not stun jump and lauch out whatever hard hitting skill u want. but if they catch u first ur pretty much f'ed in the a
  • FadeSeeker - Lost City
    FadeSeeker - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well what i did vs mages is blade affinity>gemini slash>arme nier its casted all so fast they cnt do anything and ive never seen mage my lvl survive it.
    FadeHeal (71 cleric) - Lost City
    FadeBlades (61 bm) - Lost City
    FadeDaggers (86 sin) - Lost City
    FadeSeeker (86 Seeker) - Lost City
    FadeMyst ( 61 mage) - Lost City