Psychic/seeker unbalance

Options
forgesight
forgesight Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Psychic
Hi all, Is it just me or does the psychic seem to be so much more overpowered compared to the seeker class. Watching my friend play I had often thought this was true but a few minutes ago I saw something that made it clear to me.

I mean how can a lvl 30 Pychic with 98 unspent attribute points, with lvl 10-15 armor and a lvl 19 weapon and many unbought skills manage to single handed kill the lvl 32 boss FARNG. When I just watched 2 seekers at lvl 32 and 33 grouped get splatted by the same boss.

Even with a well armoured 35 assasin I could not solo this boss.

Surely this inbalance needs addreessing.
Thoughts and opinions welcome.
Post edited by forgesight on

Comments

• MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    forgesight wrote: »
    Hi all, Is it just me or does the psychic seem to be so much more overpowered compared to the seeker class. Watching my friend play I had often thought this was true but a few minutes ago I saw something that made it clear to me.

I mean how can a lvl 30 Pychic with 98 unspent attribute points, with lvl 10-15 armor and a lvl 19 weapon and many unbought skills manage to single handed kill the lvl 32 boss FARNG. When I just watched 2 seekers at lvl 32 and 33 grouped get splatted by the same boss.

Devs and veteran players don't care about low level imbalance. Lowbies aren't where the bulk of their money comes from. Much of the game is spent at 95+ anyway. Just my opinion.

However, you'll see later that psys fall into their designed role as a DD and become less tanky in the mid levels (50-90).
  • LittIewg - Heavens Tear
    LittIewg - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Your in the psychic part of the forums,We dont care about the new classes. There not our comrades. Go to the seeker section
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    they fail, farngh is a joke.
    go solo tideborn traitor (not the girl) and return.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Chanae - Harshlands
    Chanae - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "I mean how can a lvl 30 Pychic with 98 unspent attribute points, with lvl 10-15 armor and a lvl 19 weapon and many unbought skills manage to single handed kill the lvl 32 boss FARNG. When I just watched 2 seekers at lvl 32 and 33 grouped get splatted by the same boss."

I call total BS here. I was lvl 33 or 34 with good gear (+2 lvl 30 mold weapon, jones blessing, pure magic) and I'm definitely not a noob player. I solo'd Flora, Goldwing, and Haggist. On haggist I used aqua to slow and when he got close i'd landslide him back. Farng is NOT affected by landslide and moves much faster. He was on me in no time and does too much phys damage. I was also charmed hp and mp and had a chaos powder going.

*MAYBE* he resisted my two landslides but I doubt it...
  • Shadane - Heavens Tear
    Shadane - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'll point the same thing happened with psychic/assasin. And heck you can argue the same for wiz/bm. At the beginning, the psy seem so much more powerful, but now look at PWI: everywhere I go I either see sins or squads asking for sins. But my main, a psy, isn't really that welcome in many squads.

Besides, I dont think I could tank that guy at level 30 either. Psys are not that tanky lol. Bubble helps a little, but I still ended up asking for faction help.

Basically, some classes are better for low levels than others, but thats just how they are. Melee classes get hit more so they might seem squishier at first, while arcane/distance kill faster and from farther away, making it seem like they can "tank", but trust me; we psys go splat like old jack-o-lanterns if we're not careful. Long story short, if you learn to play your class, you'll do just fine. :)
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How come clerics can keep a barb alive with their heal spells and I can't?

I call OPness.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that they were 3x...........

Go cry/fail more
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Psychic
    is
    the
    shizz
    b:cute
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'll point the same thing happened with psychic/assasin. And heck you can argue the same for wiz/bm. At the beginning, the psy seem so much more powerful, but now look at PWI: everywhere I go I either see sins or squads asking for sins. But my main, a psy, isn't really that welcome in many squads.

Besides, I dont think I could tank that guy at level 30 either. Psys are not that tanky lol. Bubble helps a little, but I still ended up asking for faction help.

Basically, some classes are better for low levels than others, but thats just how they are. Melee classes get hit more so they might seem squishier at first, while arcane/distance kill faster and from farther away, making it seem like they can "tank", but trust me; we psys go splat like old jack-o-lanterns if we're not careful. Long story short, if you learn to play your class, you'll do just fine. :)

Your on my server,Im on your server. Lets meet up at silver pool or secret passage and fight. See who dies first. Monday and tuesday I have to use my laptop which lags so bad. Tomorrow I'll be available.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Your on my server,Im on your server. Lets meet up at silver pool or secret passage and fight. See who dies first. Monday and tuesday I have to use my laptop which lags so bad. Tomorrow I'll be available.

Does it matter? They're a lowbie. If they hit your SoR they'd oneshot themselves.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Does it matter? They're a lowbie. If they hit your SoR they'd oneshot themselves.

lol No. I meen Shadane,Hes a 101 psy. Never fought him before,Id like to try.Since I just bought a plat charm b:avoid
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lol No. I meen Shadane,Hes a 101 psy. Never fought him before,Id like to try.Since I just bought a plat charm b:avoid

Oops, I didn't even look at who you quoted.
  • jarya
    jarya Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I like wafflesb:pleased
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I hate to break up the lol's but...it's not a good idea to underestimate Seekers.

Anybody ever been hit with Gemini Slash?
    I mean an ACTUAL version, not one of those: "I powerleveled my alt and have just enough money to get this skill but not level it decently" types.

Heads up....it's scary.
    The fact that they can transffer their status effects doesn't give me warm fuzzies either. I hope they can't do that with soulburn or Red Tide's bleed, because that would just suck ****.

Someone needs to test these things out.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I hate to break up the lol's but...it's not a good idea to underestimate Seekers.

Anybody ever been hit with Gemini Slash?
    I mean an ACTUAL version, not one of those: "I powerleveled my alt and have just enough money to get this skill but not level it decently" types.

Heads up....it's scary.
    The fact that they can transffer their status effects doesn't give me warm fuzzies either. I hope they can't do that with soulburn or Red Tide's bleed, because that would just suck ****.

Someone needs to test these things out.

The transfer works for all debuffs. DoT spells, bleed, Soulburn, immobilize, etc. Of course they can't cast it if they're stunned or silenced, so those are out, but it's no real biggie. Seeker isn't really a class for casting soulburn on anyways.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear
    Gorgonnia - Heavens Tear Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I didnt even know he existed either...

I'll fight u, little :D
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I didnt even know he existed either...

I'll fight u, little :D

-Looks at Gorg's r9 +12 wep.. Then looks at my r8 wep- Ahhhh....Can I take a rain check? lol
  • Roland_ - Archosaur
    Roland_ - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    BS!!!!! a psy even with the la build gets 2 shots from him, and with 98 unspent points he has close to nothing, also a sekker can solo that dude with a hp charm (look to me), trust me we can do some crazy stuff (solos greedy bloodclaw at lvl 67 with 200k on plat charm) but at the same time so can a psy, that time will = no damage, then they have the balls to use it with soulburn and make me own my self GRAAAAAAAA D:< but then again gemini slash = dead psy... pvp psy v seeker convo over
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    BS!!!!! a psy even with the la build gets 2 shots from him, and with 98 unspent points he has close to nothing, also a sekker can solo that dude with a hp charm (look to me), trust me we can do some crazy stuff (solos greedy bloodclaw at lvl 67 with 200k on plat charm) but at the same time so can a psy, that time will = no damage, then they have the balls to use it with soulburn and make me own my self GRAAAAAAAA D:< but then again gemini slash = dead psy... pvp psy v seeker convo over

Huh? I oneshot HA classes what?
  • Roland_ - Archosaur
    Roland_ - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Huh? I oneshot HA classes what?
    right but if we void step your stund for 10 secs, then we just normal hit you, and btw were both ha and LA (dex req from blade lets us wear it even if we dont build for it) but you can still us own in in a duel no prob if your good... so nether class is "op" its just how good you are at using them
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think full R9 seekers will be very annoying in pvp.
  • Kisame_H - Sanctuary
    Kisame_H - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    right but if we void step your stund for 10 secs, then we just normal hit you, and btw were both ha and LA (dex req from blade lets us wear it even if we dont build for it) but you can still us own in in a duel no prob if your good... so nether class is "op" its just how good you are at using them

10sec? are you stupid? its 3secb:bye
  • Cathyz - Dreamweaver
    Cathyz - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Devs and veteran players don't care about low level imbalance. Lowbies aren't where the bulk of their money comes from. Much of the game is spent at 95+ anyway. Just my opinion.

However, you'll see later that psys fall into their designed role as a DD and become less tanky in the mid levels (50-90).

My opinion is you cant get class what can do everything psychics do high damage thats their "job" or if they dont have high damage that doesnt be psychic anymore... there is healers tankers,buffers and damage dealers 2best(my opinion) of them atm(psychic,mystic and seeker) and psychics dies alot much more than other classes
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    And btw peoples dont like psychics in squad because they die so often and there is many others who can do same job like psychic without dying many times or allmost dying

I dunno what fail *** psychics you be running with, but I think that a lot of SKILLED psychics can hold their own and can live better than some other DD's.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Cathyz - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I dunno what fail *** psychics you be running with, but I think that a lot of SKILLED psychics can hold their own and can live better than some other DD's.

Fail psychic what you are judge others here? My alt psy is level 56 she died often in level 40-50 now things are different
    Look at mirror you may see real epic fail there? No i cant say you are fail because i havent EVEN see you how you play O_O If you think that you are better player than others i cant help you
    Remember look at level before you open your very big mouth

And why you didnt read my other messages you just see one post -Oh that i can go and insult i get so happy :D i am best person in the world whoahahahaaa

My psychics doesnt die often anymore it was like 40-50 level when she was easy to kill (AND IN DUNGEOS) quests mobs die easy for me

I am too old for this **** >< lmao

(So ask facts before you start point who is fail)
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fail psychic what you are judge others here? My alt psy is level 56 she died often in level 40-50 now things are different
    Look at mirror you may see real epic fail there? No i cant say you are fail because i havent EVEN see you how you play O_O If you think that you are better player than others i cant help you
    Remember look at level before you open your very big mouth

And why you didnt read my other messages you just see one post -Oh that i can go and insult i get so happy :D i am best person in the world whoahahahaaa

My psychics doesnt die often anymore it was like 40-50 level when she was easy to kill (AND IN DUNGEOS) quests mobs die easy for me

I am too old for this **** >< lmao

(So ask facts before you start point who is fail)

Jeebus, rage much? And I wasn't calling you fail, but I was saying those psy who you ran with probably didn't have a grasp of the psychic class, hence why they died so much. And yes, I read all your other posts.

My main is a psychic, 101 (Look Ivy_ up, and since we're on the same server, I figured that I'd put it out there.). I actually remember not dying during those low levels. I remember living and beating the holy hell out of mobs. What helped was that I did play a wizard before (which did die a lot in that level range), but that's beside the point.

I don't think that I'm better than anyone. There are others who are better skilled/geared than I. However, saying that people don't like psys very much because they die so much is just not true.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Kings_tides - Raging Tide
    Kings_tides - Raging Tide Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well, idk what you guys are having probs w/. In TW, i only have probs w/ one seeker, and im a 9x psy. oh, his name is So_Sick_Er, and is the biggest guild hopper i know. his aoes one shot me, and he wears LA and uses those def buffs. he's hard to kill. Are seekers op? only to my undergeared psy lol. and that i dont PvP that much.

On the other hand, i dont die in PvE while soloing, unless i pull to many phs mobs, exp. those horses that deal aoe phs dmg near 1k. As for instances? the barb almost always asks me to run in WV, cause i deal crazy high dmg, and im a high vit psy (7x vit atm w/o gear) and always steal aggro on anything other than ? mobs and bosses, and i cant say the same thing about the soloability of seekers....
  • Cathyz - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well, idk what you guys are having probs w/. In TW, i only have probs w/ one seeker, and im a 9x psy. oh, his name is So_Sick_Er, and is the biggest guild hopper i know. his aoes one shot me, and he wears LA and uses those def buffs. he's hard to kill. Are seekers op? only to my undergeared psy lol. and that i dont PvP that much.

On the other hand, i dont die in PvE while soloing, unless i pull to many phs mobs, exp. those horses that deal aoe phs dmg near 1k. As for instances? the barb almost always asks me to run in WV, cause i deal crazy high dmg, and im a high vit psy (7x vit atm w/o gear) and always steal aggro on anything other than ? mobs and bosses, and i cant say the same thing about the soloability of seekers....

I got lessons in pvp i had pure mag psychic and i get kicked *** so much... now i build my psychic with mag/vit just str when i needed it and now i see how psychic works and how to use it and i noticed huge difference in lvl 55 i dont know what happened but i kick mobs and little bosses *** like hell and more important i am last who is alive in my level partys O_O if there comes moment when peoles start dying