That's My playstyle... choose me the right class

Hydrogenus - Harshlands
Hydrogenus - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
since im having difficulties choosing the right class for me, would you like to help me decide?

*most importent thing- NOT SQUISHY! AGAIN-NOT SQUISHY
*nice DMG. i dont care having basic dmg if im not dying.
*I dont care if it is melee or ranged.
*Not human class!

what do you say about archers? are they any good?
I would bascilly go with them, but once the mob is getting close, half the DMG is off,
and you start to lose HP fast XD.
Post edited by Hydrogenus - Harshlands on

Comments

• EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver
    EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    That leaves you with... str barb?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily forum married to Zannie again. >:O Haters gonna hate
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    most every class is squishy in the earliest few levels. barbs least so, but they too, really. i'd suggest seeker, unless that's "too human" for you --- you'll be drinking potions nonstop, but it's really not a particularly squishy class, and has some really nice damage early on.

archers exist to teach you how to kite in the early game. you don't LET anything come that close to you; run away.

barbs and venos are probably the "least human" classes. neither of them are particularly squishy; venos do more damage, early on at least. (barbs overtake us later, i'm pretty sure.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Juriana - Heavens Tear
    Juriana - Heavens Tear Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I agree with the previous two replies.

STR Barb would probably be the best choice...

I haven't rolled a seeker yet to see how they are, but from the BH's I've been in I'd say seekers are solid damage do-ers topped only by the squishy mage classes.

Venomancers, depending on which build you go, can be squishy. There's a whole topic or two or so dedicated to discussing the pros and cons of HA, LA, AA and HA/AA builds.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    every class is squishy...

Physical > AA
    Magic > HA

so... archer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    every class is squishy...

Physical > AA
    Magic > HA

so... archer?
    Everything > LA

Lol.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I say barb, lol. You can go either STR build and get larger hit numbers but less HP, or go VIT and get lower numbers but more HP. Or even claws. >.> But that's way later. Try reading the specific class forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    since im having difficulties choosing the right class for me, would you like to help me decide?

*most importent thing- NOT SQUISHY! AGAIN-NOT SQUISHY
    *nice DMG. i dont care having basic dmg if im not dying.
    *I dont care if it is melee or ranged.
    *Not human class!

what do you say about archers? are they any good?
    I would bascilly go with them, but once the mob is getting close, half the DMG is off,
    and you start to lose HP fast XD.

Archers are really squishy. Low phy def, low mag def, no real selfbuff (evasion does not count) and not many defensive skills.

Only class i can come up with would be BM, but you dont wanna play a Human.

Maybe Seeker might be a good choice. They deal pretty high dmg, best Aoe-skills and definitely aren't squishy with the defense level selfbuff in Heavy armor. Ive seen them pull Frost at 8X lol.
  • Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide
    Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    please please don't be a strength barb.
    i've only met a few of them and they are all without exception terrible. if you want to be a dd like that then role a blade master or a seeker.

i know that there are lots of different ways to play, but honestly any barbarian that wants to be a damage dealer instead of doing what they do best has no business playing as a barbarian.

also, whats wrong with being human?
    i assume that you are human in real life, so do you have some kind of stigma against your own kind?
    patience is a virtue
  • Pwrfuldrgn - Archosaur
    Pwrfuldrgn - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    please please don't be a strength barb.
    i've only met a few of them and they are all without exception terrible. if you want to be a dd like that then role a blade master or a seeker.

i know that there are lots of different ways to play, but honestly any barbarian that wants to be a damage dealer instead of doing what they do best has no business playing as a barbarian.

also, whats wrong with being human?
    i assume that you are human in real life, so do you have some kind of stigma against your own kind?

I'm sure he doesn't want wizard because they r squishy, and BM's can b very slow to start, if not mabye they not original, if none of those I'm clueless.
  • CocteauTwin - Lost City
    CocteauTwin - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you want non-human non-squishy class, you must choose between Barbarian, Heavy Armored Venomancer, Seeker and maybe Assasin.

I'll start with Barbarian:
    - the best HP of all classes
    - the best Physical Defence of all classes
    - low Magical Defence, but you can't have everything. You'd still be hard to kill though.
    - no ranged attacks
    - very fast when in Tiger Form [Increased HP, increased movement speed, decreased Attack (unless you go Demon)], fast in water
    - low Damage Per Second, but has some great Damage Per Hit skills (like Armageddon)
    - easy to find a squad [tank] during mid-game, you may have some difficulties later unless you'll go 5 Attacks Per Second path
    - in Territory Wars usually works as cata-puller
    - male only

Secondly, HA Venomancer:
    - low HP, high P. Def, not so great M. Def, has Pet to help - quite squishy, but less than Magic Characters or Archers
    - pretty nice ranged DMG, not so great melee DMG
    - low DPS, pretty high DPH (but not as high as Psy or Wiz)
    - great solo PvE class and moneymaker
    - good HP recovery spell
    - can switch HP and MP values
    - female only

Thirdly, Seeker:
    - pretty nice HP, nice P. Def, low M. Def
    - if you'll be able to afford 2 sets of armor, you may use Light Armor when fighting against Magic chars -> average Physical & Magical Defence, a bit lower HP
    - both ranged and melee attacks
    - both physical and magical attacks
    - 2 quick Area of Effect skills which have 12 meters around yourself range
    - 2 slower ranged AoEs, 1st is Physical, 2nd Magical, high DMG
    - 1 constant AoE, which hits every 1,5 sec
    - 1 12 second AoE, which hits every 3 sec
    - almost no stun skills

Forthly, Assasin:
    - low HP, average Defences, BUT:
    - can go invisible during fight
    - a lot of stun skills
    - swims in the pool of Chi
    - insane melee DMG
    - recovers HP with every hit
    - if you go 5 APS, you'll have iiiiiiinsaaaaaaaaaneeeeeeeeeeeeee DPS
    - PWNs people in 1v1 pretty easily
    - hated and most (I think so) popular class

If you want to survive almost everything while dealing pretty nice DMG, choose Barbarian. If you want to be very versatile and have a lot of AoEs, choose Seeker.
    If you want to be good at PvE and making money, choose either Venomancer or Assasin [Sin needs some money to be invested first though]
    If you want a 1v1 unstoppable beast, which clicks Spark > autoattack and waits till enemy is dead, go Assasin.

Personally I advice you Barb or Seeker. Veno is pretty squishy compared to them, but isn't soooooooo squishy. It may still be too much fragile for you though.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    venos aren't squishy, venos are crunchy. we're plenty tough... until our tank pet dies; THEN we squish. b:chuckle

(or run away, more likely. unless we're HA, in that case we're tough enough.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide
    Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    you know, in all of this something suddenly occurred to me.

we can encourage you to try different classes, but ultimately the best way for you to choose is to try them all for yourself.
    patience is a virtue