Rank 9 and Seeker's pvp

Armads - Lost City
Armads - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Seeker
Hello fellow seekers, I was wandering in Archosaur today, and overheard some guys duelling.
I joined in the conversation, and was put off as a noob because I'm a seeker. I know from my previous fights that seeker is great at PvP because of our just sheer overpowering damage. They just are gimped because of no three spark and no anti stun(until sage or 79 skills).
So all that means is just alittle more strategy needs to be used.

Thats not really what this topic is about though. Had a bm show up and listen for a minute, then he spouts off he has beaten a R9 seeker.

Has R9 quests been release for seeker R9 armor,ammy, and sword?
I havent heard that, and I doubt that this is true. But want to check incase they have been.
Thanks for your answers
Post edited by Armads - Lost City on

Comments

• So_Sick_Er - Raging Tide
    So_Sick_Er - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No, Rank 9 for seekers hasn't been implemented yet..whichever bm told u tht he beat a rank 9 seeker is a noob and has clearly no idea wat seekers r capable of either..
    tell him to roll a seeker and then talk to him/her lol
  • IamRoland - Harshlands
    IamRoland - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ^^ No rank 9 for seekers has not been implemented yet. So that BM is clearly a lying nab.

I don't know what you mean by no triple spark thought, it was implemented 2 patches ago (4/05).
  • Armads - Lost City
    Armads - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oh it was? My bad...I had heard that the mystic 79/100 skills and the triple sparks weren't implemented yet. I was misinformed.

Also thats what I told him about only R9 ring being released, but he laughed it off and said "You don't know what you are talking about, you noob seeker. Look at what faction you are in."

Admittedly I am in Fairy Tail on LC, which is an Non-RPK faction. But so far I've only been killed by one assassin when people have tried to PK me. Barbs, Blademasters, and definitely any arcane has died(I'm only counting within a 10level range, been pk'ed by level 100's of course). Plus I have had plenty of Experience Pk'ing before I joined FT. But what faction I choose to be affiliated with has no effect on my knowledge of the game, or even Pking for that matter.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oh it was? My bad...I had heard that the mystic 79/100 skills and the triple sparks weren't implemented yet. I was misinformed.

Also thats what I told him about only R9 ring being released, but he laughed it off and said "You don't know what you are talking about, you noob seeker. Look at what faction you are in."

Admittedly I am in Fairy Tail on LC, which is an Non-RPK faction. But so far I've only been killed by one assassin when people have tried to PK me. Barbs, Blademasters, and definitely any arcane has died(I'm only counting within a 10level range, been pk'ed by level 100's of course). Plus I have had plenty of Experience Pk'ing before I joined FT. But what faction I choose to be affiliated with has no effect on my knowledge of the game, or even Pking for that matter.
    the guy probably got 1 too many hits on the head PKing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SlashSin - Lost City
    SlashSin - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No, Rank 9 for seekers hasn't been implemented yet..whichever bm told u tht he beat a rank 9 seeker is a noob and has clearly no idea wat seekers r capable of either..
    tell him to roll a seeker and then talk to him/her lol
    ^^ No rank 9 for seekers has not been implemented yet. So that BM is clearly a lying nab.
    (4/05).

It is possible the BM was referring to a Seeker that has the r9 ring though. Unless I'm mistaken, Earthguard can get the ring, just not any other gear. So, technically the Seeker would be considered "r9" even if he or she didn't have any other r9 gear aside from the ring.
    The only sin to go from 1 to 102 completely nude b:cool
    edited April 2011
    It is possible the BM was referring to a Seeker that has the r9 ring though. Unless I'm mistaken, Earthguard can get the ring, just not any other gear. So, technically the Seeker would be considered "r9" even if he or she didn't have any other r9 gear aside from the ring.
    doesnt that just show how even more nub that BM was to categorize someone who got only the ring as R9. Technically speaking its R9 but the ring itself is not the thing that makes beating a R9 worth bragging about.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    Mendy__ - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    doesnt that just show how even more nub that BM was to categorize someone who got only the ring as R9. Technically speaking its R9 but the ring itself is not the thing that makes beating a R9 worth bragging about.

this has a simple explanation-
    obviously he(the bm) just watches too much captain planet and considers beating a planeteer(seeker) w/ a ring(r9) just as good as beating captain planet (full r9 seeker with all pieces)... b:chuckle

the power is yours.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    obviously he(the bm) just watches too much captain planet and considers beating a planeteer(seeker) w/ a ring(r9) just as good as beating captain planet (full r9 seeker with all pieces)... b:chuckle

the power is yours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo0D6bzxLLw
    couldnt resist looking for it after that b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited April 2011

the power is yours.
    i shoulda named my seeker captain planet... the hairstyle was there...
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i shoulda named my seeker captain planet... the hairstyle was there...

Would you change hair and skin color as well? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
    edited April 2011
    Would you change hair and skin color as well? b:laugh
    its possible >___> but then again capt planet dont look that sezy D: but hes a great icon lol
  • Dangler - Lost City
    Dangler - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Could well have been beaten as still working on best combo in PvP getting there but also figuring out the antistuns to avaid the stun locks that BM's and Sins seem so reliant upon
  • vrist
    vrist Posts: 50
    edited April 2011
    Could well have been beaten as still working on best combo in PvP getting there but also figuring out the antistuns to avaid the stun locks that BM's and Sins seem so reliant upon

Unfortunate for us we unlike a BM, or a mage has things like leap, or shrink... so I use the same method I used as an Archer in PvP when facing stunlocking classes....jump.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011

no its 100% impossible for a bm currently to beat a rank 9 seeker and the reason is you cant get rank 9 seeker yet just the rep and maybe the ring? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011

thats probably dead on. and if this guy is as fail as he sounds he probably didnt even get a legit kill. it ws most likely a massiv gank fest. especially since theres almost no real 1-1 pvp anymore
  • Dangler - Lost City
    Dangler - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    That jumping works :D and yeah i have the rep and the ring and SOOOOOOOO want the R9 sword may have to beat the GM's into submission to get them to release sooner rather than later.
  • Dasmon - Dreamweaver
    Dasmon - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    vrist wrote: »
    Unfortunate for us we unlike a BM, or a mage has things like leap, or shrink... so I use the same method I used as an Archer in PvP when facing stunlocking classes....jump.

A good thing when facing a sin which has worked for me when i went PvP at lvl 75 vs 91 sin and at lvl 85 vs 100 sin was "edge blur" also max it out cuz even if they stun u..they still get hit pretty hard but if they demon spark just try to fly away for like 10 seconds for spark to go away and then jump down and kill them xD b:sin
  • Mr_Shuster - Lost City
    Mr_Shuster - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Now that someone has mentioned it, I am really disappointed I didn't name my Seeker Captain Planet...I guess I could just start over, but I don't feel like it.
    edited May 2011
    someone should name their mystic Captain Planet and the plants, planeteer names b:chuckle