Warning new players: Clerics are dead.

endlessseek
endlessseek Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Cleric
You may think you will be useful later in the game. But this games unbalance causes clerics to be completely the least useless class end game. Each Squad only needs 1 cleric/mystic. So its going to be really hard to get in squad. and your DD is the worst in the game. And New MYstics are better for TW. So Basically this class is dead later in the game. There is no benefit for being a cleric on this game. Clerics are over.
I hope i will save your time because later in the game, most clerics find out the hard way and will be making a new class and starting all over again.
Post edited by endlessseek on

Comments

• Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    completely the least useless class

double negative. What you just typed there means that they are the most useful class. What you meant was the 'most useless class'.

Which still isnt true, especially healing catas in TWs. Even their buffs are awesome.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Someone's mad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide
    Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    obvious troll is obviously trolling the cleric section in an obvious manner.
    patience is a virtue
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You sir, fail hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary
    Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You may think you will be useful later in the game. But this games unbalance causes clerics to be completely the least useless class end game. Each Squad only needs 1 cleric/mystic. So its going to be really hard to get in squad. and your DD is the worst in the game. And New MYstics are better for TW. So Basically this class is dead later in the game. There is no benefit for being a cleric on this game. Clerics are over.
    I hope i will save your time because later in the game, most clerics find out the hard way and will be making a new class and starting all over again.

stop trying to scare new players from making clerics x.x

btw, if they were so useless, they wouldn't be always needed. Look at Wc as proof, ijs.
    Sailing this perfect world for treasure and Glory. This pirate awaits adventure and this is my story. (OP overdoseb:victory)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Each Squad only needs 1 cleric.

Techically speaking this is the only correct part of the entire post. If a squad has a good cleric they only need one. Has been that way since the "dawn" of time.

Note: this is only referring to normal squads, not TW cata squads etc.

To me if you have multiple clerics...it's just for fun. Nothing against having more than one cleric in squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Level 81 player on a (posting alt?).

Clerics become less needed endgame, true. They don't become useless. As people have better gear and better DD their equipment relieves some of the healing pressure and bloodpaint does alot of the healing job. This gives clerics a chance to debuff, paralyze, attack...

Btw, mystics don't replace clerics.

What a worthless thread by someone who doesn't understand the game.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Roland_ - Archosaur
    Roland_ - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ... try being a barb and catapult pulling with a mystic... nuff said
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I am a lousy troll

There we go. Now nobody has to bother reading this thread.
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Troll, Troll, Troll......

Don't feed the troll!!
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    People have kicked mystics out of tt/fc squads to make room for me XD Just sayin
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ...This thread sounds way too familiar...

"The Panda that banned me" anyone? :3

btw, playing a cleric is more fun endgame than any other class I've tried. We're not just buffmonkeys and pocket healers, we're players too.
    *gets more aspirin for the excessive head-desking being done today*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1. It's very easy for me to find squads.
    2. Worst DD?! I can easily 2hit kill mobs at my lvl. And in instances, I don't have to DD.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hm... OP, you're either inexcusably dumb and unobservant, a deliberate liar, or bitter because you're a fail cleric and no one wants to squad with you.

I leave it to you to decide which (to use your grammar structure) isn't not the least unflattering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    jiq wrote: »
    1. It's very easy for me to find squads.
    2. Worst DD?! I can easily 2hit kill mobs at my lvl. And in instances, I don't have to DD.

Yeah, what they said. >.> A pure magic cleric is a damn good DD, and tank almost any mini bosses. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    starting to see more and more mentally challenged pple on the forum as of late. Especially in the general section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SweetYakira - Raging Tide
    SweetYakira - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Dont tell that to new comers on the game to be scared to make a cleric. I was cleric and as we all know, as small lvl, you kinda dye if u are pure cleric and i was so upset and i make a venomancer. I am lvl 40 and i seen that veno's find very hard a squad to help them with bosses and missions. Cleric's are welcome in any squad, they dont mind even if there are 2 cleric's. I was happy at lower level to beat all bosses with my veno alone but at high level that will change. Even if you are a weak cleric and dye alot, you get in squads and people help you finish what you need. Cleric is fun and after lvl 60 it will be so easy for you to complete quest's then play alone cuz no one want you. So for new comers: Go for it, dont be scared to be a cleric. I told myself, if that girl and that girl are lvl 100 then i can be too. So i come back to be a pure cleric, now I am lvl 18 and i do pretty good my lvl's. Maybe cleric is not for you, try other characters. If you dont pay attention to squad members life, when they need buff, when to heal so you dont steal aggro etc...then cleric is not for you. Other do a great job and are good at it.You just need more attention then other characters and you did not have.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just look at World Chat, enough said.
  • BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver
    BloodyQueen - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What is wrong with people?! o,o Lately it seems that more and more comments like "this sucks, that sucks, you are useless" are staring to appear. And saying this about clerics? You should go see a doctor before you make another stupid comment.

No one can replace clerics!!! Can't all the nubcakes get it??
    No one can replace the buffs we can provide a squad with. (Faction base can provide with buffs but they have a limit if they run out are you gonna go running to base to rebuff in the middle of a run? Or if you die will you go running again to base to rebuff? So... no one/nothing can replace clerics.)
    No one can purify instead of us.
    No one can keep a cata barb as alive as clerics do.
    Who will BB in RB if not clerics? Mystics gonna use healing herb? I'd die to see that! lmao
    Clerics are terrible DDers?
    Is that why they kick *** in PK?
    Is that why they tend to steal aggro once they attack?
    Well obviously you failed in building a cleric.

Yea, some squads need just 1 cleric but they also need just one tank. And there are hundreds of squads asking for a cleric out there. Everything you said is not valid. Instead of QQing about your failness and trying to drive people away from creating a cleric, why don't you see where you did wrong, try to correct it and see for yourself that cleric is the most wanted class in game.

Or if you're just a troll. Go troll somewhere else! b:bye ktnxbai
  • _whateverL_ - Heavens Tear
    _whateverL_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I also find mystics are better than clerics in FF. I have a friend which is a mystic, she is lower lvl than me and of course, her mag atk must be lower than mine. However, in this case, her heals recover much more HP than mine while my IH and wellspring are at max lvls. Mystics' channellings are hell faster than clerics'. People say they use cleric for BB and RB, but mystics' AOE heals are much more effective than BB. Basically, they've taken the roll of clerics, even in DDing. I guess not long later, no one will see a cleric walking in Arch anymore.

Clerics are obsolete. Mystics are the best, newest healing class and most importantly, they are not boring at all while clerics mainly heal in caves = boring.

RB? Who cares about RB? People don't want clerics' freaking RB and instead, they want sparks. Clerics are getting useless now. Take care of yourselves out there, clerics. Soon in centre Arch, people will only call for mystics.
    b:cry

I have damn high mag damage but still mystics can heal over clerics. Purifying? Sage mystics can also purify the god damn asses of people. Mystics can also rez, they have all the skills that clerics have. And it does cost less to be a mystics.
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I also find mystics are better than clerics in FF. I have a friend which is a mystic, she is lower lvl than me and of course, her mag atk must be lower than mine. However, in this case, her heals recover much more than mine while my IH and wellspring are at max lvls. Mystics' channellings are hell faster than clerics'. People say they use cleric for BB and RB, but mystics' AOE heals are much more effective than BB. Basically, they've taken the roll of clerics, even in DDing. I guess not long later, no one will see a cleric walking in Arch anymore.

Clerics are obsolete. Mystics are the best, newest healing class and most importantly, they are not boring at all while clerics mainly heal in caves = boring.

RB? Who cares about RB? People don't want clerics' freaking RB and instead, they want sparks. Clerics are getting useless now. Take care of yourselves out there, clerics. Soon in centre Arch, people will only call for mystics. b:cry

....Please tell me you are trolling.

If people always makes you go all NU>: You suck as a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • _whateverL_ - Heavens Tear
    _whateverL_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ....Please tell me you are trolling.

If people always makes you go all NU>: You suck as a cleric.

I'm not trolling. My friend mystics saved a lot people for me in FF squads because my channeling isn't faster than hers. My wellspring recovers 50% of my HP while her heals can recover 85% of my HP. I really don't see any points that clerics are still useful.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I dont mind people scaring off newcommers to make a cleric. b:bye

I dont care about Squads that idle for a hour and disband because they dont find a cleric.

Since i play a cleric it dosn't hurt me

We are awesome and as the ammount of clerics decrease over time my drama queen, kiss my feet attitude level can raise near the place where barbs are. b:laugh
    I hate Room 38
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    <_< I'm glad I've played a cleric long enough to know that we'll always be useful...and STILL more fun than mystics. IH stacks, 6 different heals including BB, 100% purify (I'm pretty sure sage mystic skill is only a CHANCE to puri), 4 different debuffs (including one of the most powerful sleeps in the game, imo), no mana draining pets to rely on for physical damage, revive after death (rather than mystics' mana expensive res buff going off right before you die), etc, etc...

Also lol @ Manostra XD So true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I also find mystics are better than clerics in FF. I have a friend which is a mystic, she is lower lvl than me and of course, her mag atk must be lower than mine. However, in this case, her heals recover much more HP than mine while my IH and wellspring are at max lvls. Mystics' channellings are hell faster than clerics'. People say they use cleric for BB and RB, but mystics' AOE heals are much more effective than BB. Basically, they've taken the roll of clerics, even in DDing. I guess not long later, no one will see a cleric walking in Arch anymore.

Their heals are faster but not as powerful as clerics heals, they don't have WoP (Wings of Protection), and since you said "they will be only used for BB" wouldn't that mean they are not useless? >_>

RB? Who cares about RB? People don't want clerics' freaking RB and instead, they want sparks. Clerics are getting useless now. Take care of yourselves out there, clerics. Soon in centre Arch, people will only call for mystics.
    b:cry

I have damn high mag damage but still mystics can heal over clerics. Purifying? Sage mystics can also purify the god damn asses of people.

Yet is only a 25% chance to purify, not as reliable as the 100% chance of clerics purify and if sage its alot faster to purify ppl.

Mystics can also rez, they have all the skills that clerics have. And it does cost less to be a mystics.

That rez skill means nothing if the person just comes back to life right next to the boss and dies before the mystic can cast the rez buff again... so yea you need a cleric....

My words in red.....

Mystics can't replace clerics, they just make it a lot easier for clerics in squad. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Their heals are faster but not as powerful as clerics heals, they don't have WoP (Wings of Protection), and since you said "they will be only used for BB" wouldn't that mean they are not useless? >_>

Their basic heal is stronger depending on the weapon. Their pet also casts the equivalent of wop, even a version of plume shell but it still protects against both types of damage. They can even cast a weak aoe version of wop if they're sage/demon.
    That rez skill means nothing if the person just comes back to life right next to the boss and dies before the mystic can cast the rez buff again... so yea you need a cleric....
    Demon res recovers 100% hp and saves you a charm tick. So instead of getting 1-2 shot again, you have enough time to buff and survive a lot more hits.

I'm not saying mystic should replace clerics. Just wanted to clear some stuff up.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    T

Demon res recovers 100% hp and saves you a charm tick. So instead of getting 1-2 shot again, you have enough time to buff and survive a lot more hits.

I just want to make sure its it ONLY Demon rez or is it both Sage and Demon rez for the 100% HP and MP recover upon rezing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
    edited April 2011
    Only demon res can recover 100% hp. Sage only reduces exp loss by 95%.
    /quit.

• ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Only demon res can recover 100% hp. Sage only reduces exp loss by 95%.

O.o am i new to this game or what..demon/sage rez BOTH = 0% exp loss, none of them recovers mp and hp to 100% (ecatombs lies, if you have your source from there), the only difference between them is

demon rez channelling time reduces to 50%
    sage rez distance to 40meters...

omg and you are lvl96 cleric and even on same server? b:infuriated
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
    edited April 2011
    O.o am i new to this game or what..demon/sage rez = 0% exp loss, none of them recovers mp and hp to 100%, the only difference between them is

demon rez channelling time reduces to 50%
    sage rez distance to 40meters...

omg and you are lvl96 cleric? b:infuriated
    Maybe you should read what the conversation was about. Or just learn to read at all.
    /quit.