Change the tw timing yes or no?

illestrealist
illestrealist Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
TW timings on L.C are on friday and saturday nights.

Come on. Some of us have lives pwi.
Good or bad, I will tell it like it is.
Post edited by illestrealist on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    and most have school/work on weekldays the weekend is the best choice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • illestrealist
    edited April 2011
    Yes. Keep it to weekends, but weekend mornings maybe?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Nope.

Why do you feel the need to specify LC? Do other servers have TW at different times?

Besides, most TWs are usually done by 9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    making it in the morning is a bad idea too because it would still effect those players that have school/work on friday and saturday it would effect the midnight workers because they would probably still be at work.

edit: plus your playing an mmo which means your more then likely not much of a social life irl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ...no. I did TW at 7/8am in the morning for the longest time on another version. Never again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • illestrealist
    edited April 2011
    Nope.

Why do you feel the need to specify LC? Do other servers have TW at different times?

Besides, most TWs are usually done by 9.

You never been in a 3hr tw war?
    Also i said Lost city, becos i remeber hearing somewhere, theres different timezones for diff servers. No idea on this.

Also wouldn't weekend mornings be better? Maybe not "bright and early" how bout 10 am? 11am maybe?
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    oh god please no. my faction had a hard enough time getting people to show up at the 2 pm TWs we got 2 weeks in a row. Making it even earlier we would have .. no one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • ink333
    ink333 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ...no. I did TW at 7/8am in the morning for the longest time on another version. Never again.

^ This +1
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You never been in a 3hr tw war?
    Also i said Lost city, becos i remeber hearing somewhere, theres different timezones for diff servers. No idea on this.

Also wouldn't weekend mornings be better? Maybe not "bright and early" how bout 10 am? 11am maybe?

I know the Europeans in my faction would appreciate a time switch like that... it would put TW in the comfy afternoon range for them, as opposed to the wee hours of the morning it usually is. b:surrender

You need to keep time zones in mind. What's 10 am on an east coast server for someone in, say, L.A.? 7 am. Ew, no.

Weekend evenings, after most people have had dinner and done whatever they do on weekends (in my case, that includes work!), is a good compromise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Then, why do you complain? =o_O=

In a more serious note, changing times maybe fix your problems, but will make them to others. Since it's a game played on a very large scale of timings around the world, there will be always people with problems on this subject.

You got unlucky and TW is at 4 am for you? Uh...
    [insert sig here]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    One faction I'm in is doing a TW today (friday), and another one Sunday. The evening has always worked out for me.

I think it's annoying holding them all from 8:00 to 8:15 or so, try varying TW start times a little bit, ya. Kinda sucks being up at 11:15 on a Sunday doing TW, and having to get up really early the next morning.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    edit: plus your playing an mmo which means your more then likely not much of a social life irl.

I laughed, because of both the stereotype, and because for a lot of people this is actually very true. But when did you start posting in an ugly green color, Escorian?

And while changing the TW times would allow for easier access to some Europeans, it would similarly alienate certain Americans (by which I mean those living in the Americas, not just those living in the United States). You end up changing nothing, just alienating a larger group of the player base.
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No matter what time TW is someone somewhere in the world will get screwed.

There are two different sets of TW timings. Example:

West Coast Servers 8pm PST time = 5am TW fight for GMT+1
    East Coast Servers 8pm EST time = 2 am TW fight for GMT +1

Point from above...no matter what if GMT +1 players work Monday morning it's highly unlikely you'll see them on the Sunday night battles.

So yes there is a 3 hr difference but as the events on PWI are based on SERVER times...well figure out whether you want to play east coast USA or west coast USA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Purge - Raging Tide
    Purge - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Voted yes, because a different time would be preferential for me.

However, I'd favour more varied times in general. In another mmo that I play there's a 2 day window for "declaring war"(attacking another faction's land). When a faction declares its intent to attack another, the war happens exactly 48hours after the attacker declared its intent UNLESS another faction overbids the first. The overbidding can continue until the end of the declaration window and the battle occurs 48hours after the highest bid is entered. The 2 day window is, unsurprisingly, the 2 days before the weekend.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah...9am TW on DW is 6am on the West Coast. You think I'm crazy enough to wake up 3 hours earlier than I really need to for TW? No lifer or not--no thanks. Even the 2pm (11am for me) TW's are a small stretch since that's breakfast time for me.

I feel it for the Europeans who play though--a friend told me that TW for them is like 2am their time, and he's never missed one. Crazy guy, I'd be like "bed time!"

@Firefeng: I dunno, and I'm definitely not the cause of him posting in that color, since I freaking hate green. b:shutup
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • BulllsEyez - Heavens Tear
    BulllsEyez - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    IMO PWI 'international' is big BS. B4 this 1 i played a bit on some else pw and i moved to PWI cause uknow >international< , english as main lang , lot of ppl .
    And was funny as long i was low lv and been busy with my quests , grinding.
    Now? Any events / auctions / TW r set to USA time so yeah. Ill wake up 5am in saturday to play in TW. No thanks. Im working 5-6days in week i ve only weekend to rest and relax .
    So its very anoying i cant do nothing.
    English as main? Not rly, in last 2-4 weeks global chat is often spamed by some ppl using arab,german,and few more langs i even dont know about what they talking.

Lot of ppl? Not rly. Last months = a lot of... but catshops on multiclients. yeah few ppl spaming with some crapy talkin like always or pure spam to waste teles but server is kinda death. Hard to sell/buy anything except vitstones/attackstones/def and maybe orbs

Iknow many ppl from europe or others countrys with around GMT+0/1 and they cant play with TW or events
    I was only 1time on event mm tiger event? or somthing and it was like 5-6am in monday? just sic.b:angry

2weeks ago i was sic so i had moretime to playing also i cant sleep cause hot. And guess what. at 8pm server time ( my 5-6am) server is prrety dead only some spams in spanish, higest activity on server is like my 5-9pm - but whocares... all events/tw r set to usa time anyway.

And thats why im looking for new game to test it , cause now when i reached endgame i ve nothin funny to do cause all things r for usa players
    Dear pwi stuff.
    We players from Europe ( and GMT0/1/2 timezone) playing too! And we PAYING too. We want some fun. lot of ppl who spend here big $ cant play in this sic hours cause they ve life/jobs ( to make more $$ for u. )

So try to be fair for us and change somhtin b:bye
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Those of us with lives... are usually the ones NOT complaining about any sort of time on pwi. We tend to our lives before anything in pwi. And only show up to pwi/tw when there is some down time from our more important lives... or when someone offers to buy us (aka me) a drink if i show for tw.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There is no ****ing way I will wake up at 7-8 in the ****ing morning for a morning TW =.=

I like the night time TW's better since I am ALWAYS awake during them, compared to morning TW's where I go "Uhhhh....Wtf this do? *clicks HF in middle of nowhere* Ohhh....pretty....*stares at animation and then dies* Oh @_@...Wait...wut was I doing??"
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There is no ****ing way I will wake up at 7-8 in the ****ing morning for a morning TW =.=

I like the night time TW's better since I am ALWAYS awake during them, compared to morning TW's where I go "Uhhhh....Wtf this do? *clicks HF in middle of nowhere* Ohhh....pretty....*stares at animation and then dies* Oh @_@...Wait...wut was I doing??"

here is a compromise. just do TW dinner-lunch time. for europeans its gonna be like around 10pm, for americans 5pm. i think it would be more comfortabel for at least 2/3 (americans and europeans) of international players. now its just 1/3 (only americans).
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    @Firefeng have you seen my char ingame? this color matches everything about him xD so why not post on here to match even more? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i want a later time.

with all this 'early early earlier' thing going on i feel like im surrounded by a group of old pple ready to retire to bed @ 6:00pm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    @ OP : Did you ever think of it that ppl are in different timezones making it simply impossible to get TW at a decent time for everyone? TW time sucks for me too, but well I just prefer my bed to TW at 5 am sundays.

Would be nice if they spread the times of ingame events though, cause besides WB spawns pretty much everything is middle of the night or very early morning. Got up at 4h30 for ingame marriage ceremony lol. Was the first day I actually noticed tiger event.