Genies are broken?

Faisk - Heavens Tear
Faisk - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
First of all, i'm sorry if there's already a thread about it. I didn't find any, tho. Second, I don't know if they fixed it with the last update or even if it wasn't a bug to be fixed.

So, since the week started, genies seems to be really buggy. I went on different BH runs and like, the player who was supposed to lure the bosses with genies didn't get too close to the mobs and for our surprise, when the bosses came, so did the mobs and ppl were like "WTH? can't you lure properly?". Then, we asked another player with Zeal genie to lure and the same thing happened. Boss and mobs. Luckily we had a good cleric. Another run, same problems. Is that normal? Anyone else having/had the same issue with genies? >.> Since I've never seem that happen before...

Plus, how annoying that is when you run a BH 59 for example and those walkers simply cross h the walls while being attacked? -.- sometimes it's just annoying to see someone dying because of this out-of-reach-walking-through-walls-bug.

Ty b:bye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*insert something clever here*
Post edited by Faisk - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    for the genie lure thing, well for me its working jsut fine, never pulled mobs w/ my lure target, maybe the puller in ur squad had a deflect buff on like bramble or vengence
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    See, this is why you should use venos to lure, ijs XD.
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    for the genie lure thing, well for me its working jsut fine, never pulled mobs w/ my lure target, maybe the puller in ur squad had a deflect buff on like bramble or vengence

nope, we had a psychic but he wasn't the one luring. we had no veno, tho, to bramble us. if i remind correctly, the puller was a seeker >.> then we chose the barb to lure i think D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Faisk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »

LOL I agree! But still, it seems Venos are as gone as clerics and barbs! >_> all you see is sins, mystics and seekers b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Was this in BH79 by any chance? Linus (and possibly Brig) has a strange habit of bringing some of his adds with him regardless of how he's pulled. I've run into the same problem before. o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've noticed difficulty using genie skills ever since the expansion, many times if the skill isn't hotkeyed I'll have to click it multiple times to get it to cast. And I have watched earthflame fail on pulls several times since then as well :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Was this in BH79 by any chance? Linus (and possibly Brig) has a strange habit of bringing some of his adds with him regardless of how he's pulled. I've run into the same problem before. o.O

59 >_> but still, just like that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Faisk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    I've noticed difficulty using genie skills ever since the expansion, many times if the skill isn't hotkeyed I'll have to click it multiple times to get it to cast. And I have watched earthflame fail on pulls several times since then as well :(

genies cast are normal so far, at least for me. 1 month ago i was having the same problems. died because genie failed on casting second wind and i was like *click click click click* heal heal heal WTH? and now that earthflame is also pulling mobs, seems like venos are going to be as required as clerics >.> b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011

You do know that the only bosses in 59 that actually need to be pulled are Quanji and Drake, (depending on his position) right?

That said, I have seen this happen pretty often in 79 and occasionally with 39 too. For 59, though, it's somewhat new to see.
  • Atreyuthus - Sanctuary
    Atreyuthus - Sanctuary Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »

+1

I have a zeal for pullin but i would much rather have a veno. They do it much better than a genie.

b:laugh
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I had this same problem recently. It's quite simple; the mobs were between the puller and the boss. The puller had to get inside the aggro range of the mobs to pull the boss.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I haven't noticed any problems luring with Earthflame.

Its not the genies that bugs its the instances and mobs when you fail pulling. You might think there is a safe distance between you and the mobs, but in reality you where in aggro range. Earthflame doesn't really have a lot of range either and all you need is one mobs about to move and suddenly everything comes after you.

I do agree its safer, easier and often faster to lure with veno. But not many people are leveling venos anymore. Mystics can lure with pet to anyways and Earthflame works 99% of the times if you have a bit of patience.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The puller cannot be healed or under BB while pulling. Often times people do not realize it's the heals or BB that pulls aggro, not the genie. Even if the puller is a safe distance away, a heal effect on the pullee will draw aggro on all surrounding mobs.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The puller cannot be healed or under BB while pulling. Often times people do not realize it's the heals or BB that pulls aggro, not the genie. Even if the puller is a safe distance away, a heal effect on the pullee will draw aggro on all surrounding mobs.
    That might have been it. The mobs didn't come until the moment I used Zeal, and the cleric was BBing.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2011

This.

For BH79 tell the Cleric to put BB up after boss is pulled, or have BB up far behind.
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    You do know that the only bosses in 59 that actually need to be pulled are Quanji and Drake, (depending on his position) right?

That said, I have seen this happen pretty often in 79 and occasionally with 39 too. For 59, though, it's somewhat new to see.

I didn't, til now. tho, ofo anyone can lure with bow or even knife throw >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have noted many times but more specifically in BH fire, that if you are going to Zeal-Lure certain mobs, you have to be at max range from them and move back after you do.

This is because if you zeal lure and the mob is close enough to trigger an attack on you, his monster friends around, at the moment of the attack will chain aggro you too. b:shocked.

This does not apply to all monster though , it seems that certain mobs only can trigger this "assist attack" aggro. b:bye
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011

Right on! That totally makes sense now LOL poor puller b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    So wait. If the BBer is out of range of the adds, and the puller has done nothing to the boss other than use Zeal... and the BB heals the puller... what happens? Obviously the puller isn't in range of the adds at that point, or he would've aggroed them just by standing there. Are you proposing that Linus (to use an example) registers the BB's heal on his own hate scale and then transfers it to any mobs that surround him at the time of healing?

That would make sense, but... it just seems odd. I've only seen that kind of hate transfer happen to a mob which you actively attack that is around other mobs when attacked. o.o Huh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So wait. If the BBer is out of range of the adds, and the puller has done nothing to the boss other than use Zeal... and the BB heals the puller... what happens? Obviously the puller isn't in range of the adds at that point, or he would've aggroed them just by standing there. Are you proposing that Linus (to use an example) registers the BB's heal on his own hate scale and then transfers it to any mobs that surround him at the time of healing?

That would make sense, but... it just seems odd. I've only seen that kind of hate transfer happen to a mob which you actively attack that is around other mobs when attacked. o.o Huh.

Yes, that's what we believe happens. It happens a lot in BH Metal, where the cleric often set up a BB and everyone lures / kills.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Also, to the random question about the mobs in BH59, specifically the magic mobs on the way to Zimo (I'm guessing): There has been an issue with their pathing for a very, very long time...I guess you just have to stun them and hope they don't wake up in time to run again...b:surrender
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Also, to the random question about the mobs in BH59, specifically the magic mobs on the way to Zimo (I'm guessing): There has been an issue with their pathing for a very, very long time...I guess you just have to stun them and hope they don't wake up in time to run again...b:surrender

yeah, luckily we Sins have shadow jump/teleport and tackle. too bad when they escape, someone always end up dead b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• banarp
    banarp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    hi friends
    i am totally new to this so i am sorry if i have posted in a wrong place
    i need help
    i dont know why my genie has turned to small butterflies revolving around me
    what is that .
    thanks
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    banarp wrote: »
    hi friends
    i need help
    what is that .
    thanks

maybe she transformed, like genies normally do when they get 41 lucky points? check ur genie "bio" and see how many lucky points she has >.> at 41 lucky points she gets her first evolution. 2nd at 51 points (plus 1 skill socket) and 3rd at 61 points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• banarp
    banarp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    maybe she transformed, like genies normally do when they get 41 lucky points? check ur genie "bio" and see how many lucky points she has >.> at 41 lucky points she gets her first evolution. 2nd at 51 points (plus 1 skill socket) and 3rd at 61 points.

this the details of my gene
    strength-9
    magic-5
    dex-15
    vit-8

growth-50
    lucky points-0/0
    level 8

got 2 points in affinity
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    hi friends
    i need help
    what is that .
    thanks
    This isn't the result of your genie. You're using the "elder's blessing" armor and belt, aren't you? It has the butterflies effect when you put all five pieces on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Faisk - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    this the details of my gene
    strength-9
    magic-5
    dex-15
    vit-8

growth-50
    lucky points-0/0
    level 8

got 2 points in affinity

Miugre is right. It's not ur genie, it's your elder's blessing gear (those you get by waiting and receive the reward). ealso ur genie isn't high enough to transform =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Whirlpoo - Heavens Tear
    Whirlpoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Miugre is right. It's not ur genie, it's your elder's blessing gear (those you get by waiting and receive the reward). ealso ur genie isn't high enough to transform =)

ok then why cannot i see my genie

i can see the genie status bar on the left also i can use the genie power
    but i cannot see it
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    genies cast are normal so far, at least for me. 1 month ago i was having the same problems. died because genie failed on casting second wind and i was like *click click click click* heal heal heal WTH? and now that earthflame is also pulling mobs, seems like venos are going to be as required as clerics >.> b:shocked

@OP: Its since the new expansion. It was way worse at first weeks.

@Faisk: Had same issues but they work if you drag them to hotkeys. If you prefer to click direct on genie, click at the bottom of the skill. This works always.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Whirlpoo - Heavens Tear
    Whirlpoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ok then why cannot i see my genie

i can see the genie status bar on the left also i can use the genie power
    but i cannot see it

what about this problem
    is there no solution