Recommended Genie Skills

Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Seeker
OK, I searched all through the threads here and didn't really find a lot of info about it, so now I'm askin. =P

Basically, what skills are recommended for a PvE seeker?

My primary characters are all casters except my barb, and I'm not even sure I have his genie built right. (barb has Earthflame, Alpha Male, Cloud Eruption, and Leaf Dance.)

I'm thinking I'll want ToP, but beyond that I'm at a loss as to what skills I should choose.
"No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
Post edited by Mor_Toran - Sanctuary on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    tangling mire, for reducing phys def, would be one good pick. possibly extreme poison, for amplifying damage.

i put relentless courage on mine, but i'm 90% sure that was a mistake; i almost never use it and don't see much effect when i do. if i decide to replace that skill i may put earthquake on there instead, more for the AOE damage/interrupt than for the knockback.

i made another genie with fortify on it, which may have been a mistake as i have so far only used it once --- but it made dealing with a bunch of stunner mobs much less unpleasant when i timed it right. (the chromatic pheasants hurt when you do them at-level, in melee, and without an antistun.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Knightblayde - Raging Tide
    Knightblayde - Raging Tide Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Aside from the previous post, I also recommend Holy Path and Cloud Eruption at the least if you plan to do FC and high level instances. The free spark and extra chi from cloud eruption (the skill description is incorrect) lets you vortex more frequently. Seekers don't have any way to build chi idly (aside from luring and punching a mob or dueling) like a bm does, so CE will help make chi generation easier.
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There is another thread about genie skills lol

Anyway ToP is a must for the healing that we seekers lack. Tangling Mire is very good to combine with your AoEs. Earthflame for pulling, Cloud Eruption for chi and Alpha Male if you want to tank more. I don't think Holy Path is really worth it for us as Unfetter is pretty good - 90% bonus for 15s at level 10 iirc. My genie is a Zeal and I'm using Earthflame, ToP and Mire atm with Cloud Eruption soon too
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Aside from the previous post, I also recommend Holy Path and Cloud Eruption at the least if you plan to do FC and high level instances. The free spark and extra chi from cloud eruption (the skill description is incorrect) lets you vortex more frequently. Seekers don't have any way to build chi idly (aside from luring and punching a mob or dueling) like a bm does, so CE will help make chi generation easier.
    ............yes they do.....
    too many pple fcc and dont notice things

Unfetter
    Adrenal Numbness
    sage bonus- Master Li's Technique (this isnt available till later but its fully possible without it)
    low level apoth chi. its cheap. carry some if it allows u to save a space on a genie.

examples: FCCs i rush pull and vortex but never need that genie chi skill due to the above. (i dont like to wait for others to pull cause they take forever to gather chi.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited April 2011
    ............yes they do.....
    too many pple fcc and dont notice things

Unfetter
    Adrenal Numbness
    sage bonus- Master Li's Technique (this isnt available till later but its fully possible without it)
    low level apoth chi. its cheap. carry some if it allows u to save a space on a genie.

examples: FCCs i rush pull and vortex but never need that genie chi skill due to the above. (i dont like to wait for others to pull cause they take forever to gather chi.)

I guess I didn't type that clearly :P. I was referring to how a bm can spam marrow/bell frequently, while seekers have to wait for longer recharge skills like adrenal numbness, unfetter, and blade affinity, so it's not as efficient. Yes, you can do without CE if you use apoth or manage your chi (by canceling vortex when mobs are near death to hit them). I was just offering it as an option as that is what the OP was looking for.
    edited April 2011
    I guess I didn't type that clearly :P. I was referring to how a bm can spam marrow/bell frequently, while seekers have to wait for longer recharge skills like adrenal numbness, unfetter, and blade affinity, so it's not as efficient. Yes, you can do without CE if you use apoth or manage your chi (by canceling vortex when mobs are near death to hit them). I was just offering it as an option as that is what the OP was looking for.
    well the thing i dont understand is, or doesnt make sense is....

-during battle you easily get a crapton of chi so i found its not a problem
    -during idle, when i need chi for the next move/situation, i dont empty my chi out with a big skill in the last fight, thus i tend not to need to replenish a whole lot during waits.

so yeah... it makes me wonder... maybe those pple were wasting chi skills when their not suppose to?
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • moonshadow69
    moonshadow69 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    im using a infliction atm with 60+ in str

have tangling mire, second wind, holy path and building up for ToP
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Get Cloud Eruption, sage spark + vortex = epic damage

Sage spark + vortex + hf = overkill b:victory
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
    edited April 2011
    well the thing i dont understand is, or doesnt make sense is....

-during battle you easily get a crapton of chi so i found its not a problem
    -during idle, when i need chi for the next move/situation, i dont empty my chi out with a big skill in the last fight, thus i tend not to need to replenish a whole lot during waits.

so yeah... it makes me wonder... maybe those pple were wasting chi skills when their not suppose to?

-I agree, it is easy to get chi through normal means, but CE is another option (aside from chi pots/sage chi skill) for quick sparks when it comes to longer battles against bosses where you may want to spark frequently or vortex again quickly after being disrupted. It's a choice if you want to get your spark faster.
    -I do the same. I dont use CE between pulls unless my group kills the group too quickly before i get a chance to build extra chi. This scenario is pretty rare, though. CE is more for an emergency rather than frequent use (unless maybe it's a boss fight) I would say. See the quote below for my favorite reason to use CE.

I realize that I may have given the impression that I may have claimed that CE is necessary. Lack of CE does not make you less or more of a seeker. CE is not necessary to have, but it is a skill that gives one the option of defying the normal limits of chi generation, which, in this case, is trading genie resources in exchange for quick spark + chi. Like you said, normal chi management and aids will work just fine. This is just another option for those that want it.

^ this is one of the ways CE can be exploited (forgot to mention it b:chuckle)

It's like when bm uses spark > CE > HF > fist/claw hits. This combo has a fluid integration between two separate limits: spark or vortex. Doing both sequentially adds a somewhat unique method of dealing damage.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yes, I love to use CE on my cleric for trip-sparked tempest. Hit ninetails for 66k without a veno or BM in the squad a couple of days ago. (my high damage is 114k, but that's with amp and HF).

@ _Belgarion_, I looked through every page on the Seeker forum and could not find a thread about PvE seeker genie skills at all. There were a couple of threads that discussed PvP skills, but I was unable to find anything other than that so I started this thread.

So far I'm thinking ToP, Tangling Mire, Earthquake, and maybe Alpha male or Cloud Eruption. (will depend on what skill I want to suck the genies chi bar in teh 60's =P) Now I need to play with my genie calculator and see if that's a feasible combo with the Affinity distribution.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • Trinchitu - Heavens Tear
    Trinchitu - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Here in this Sticky guide you can see some genie skills ^^
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ugh i got domain. Yes its good but it drains all my energy :c.

I might have to get rid of it and get another decent skill.
    So far i have top , tangle mire, holy path. I want to get cloud of euprtion but i cant get that till like 90 lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    ugh i got domain. Yes its good but it drains all my energy :c.

I might have to get rid of it and get another decent skill.
    So far i have top , tangle mire, holy path. I want to get cloud of euprtion but i cant get that till like 90 lol
    what about expel?
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    what about expel?

Most physical damage is easily brushed off; not to mention walking into group PK sealed is a stupid idea. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    what about expel?

:) i will check it out hope it works out better :). Oh no if i get that and cloud epution thats at like level 95. Oh well better then nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Most physical damage is easily brushed off; not to mention walking into group PK sealed is a stupid idea. b:chuckle
    your 101 and you dont even know how to abuse expel with meds for a non-seal?
  • endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    At big room mobs in FC, Vortex+expel is good
  • Rhamos - Heavens Tear
    Rhamos - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yes, I love to use CE on my cleric for trip-sparked tempest. Hit ninetails for 66k without a veno or BM in the squad a couple of days ago. (my high damage is 114k, but that's with amp and HF).

@ _Belgarion_, I looked through every page on the Seeker forum and could not find a thread about PvE seeker genie skills at all. There were a couple of threads that discussed PvP skills, but I was unable to find anything other than that so I started this thread.

So far I'm thinking ToP, Tangling Mire, Earthquake, and maybe Alpha male or Cloud Eruption. (will depend on what skill I want to suck the genies chi bar in teh 60's =P) Now I need to play with my genie calculator and see if that's a feasible combo with the Affinity distribution.

I like earthquake skill and tangling mire for seeker's genie. i try use earthquake(for quick area attack), it can trigger Bloodlet status on some mobs then use ●Stalagstrike. nice some mob got stun and receive more damage from ●Stalagstrike.

im only lv 31 seeker, if someone with high lvl can do more research to confirm genie attack trigger seeker's tandem status. let me know :D

it really nice if u in territorial war, run to the enemy mobs, use quick many area pixie skill and .... ●Stalagstrike!! b:laugh
    - always trying thinking out of the box -
  • Otomo - Dreamweaver
    Otomo - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Sage spark + vortex + hf + subsea strike = massacre b:laugh