Pet Experience?

Options
Elysetta - Dreamweaver
Elysetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hi All
I looked but can't find my answer. How does your pet/mount gain experience? Thank you All Knowing and Wise Forumb:chuckle
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Elysetta - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MagicWaffle - Sanctuary
    MagicWaffle - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    for mounts, it gains exp just simply by you riding on it, gathering exp over time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Name-level/class-faction
    MagicWaffle-71 Wizard-BlackOath
    Kyrozoan-84 Barbarian-None (retired)
    Vertebreaker-55-Seeker-None (retired)
  • Elysetta - Dreamweaver
    Elysetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    for mounts, it gains exp just simply by you riding on it, gathering exp over time

Thank you much b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    For mounts, riding on it and KEEPING IT FED raise it's loyalty and exp. The higher the loyalty of the mount, the faster it gains exp. Oh, and more loyalty means it's less likely to throw you off if you're riding through mobs that are attacking XD

Take your new mount out for a long stroll, keeping it fed every 5 minutes, and it should be at lvl11 soon.

For veno pets, pets gain experience based on mobs you kill + pet's loyalty.

I believe if your pet is below 500 loyalty, and you're killing mobs the same level as(or a bit above) your pet's level, your pet gains 10 exp per kill.

If loyalty is above 500, and you're killing mobs the same level as(or a bit above) your pet's level, your pet gains the max 15 exp per kill. AND your pet hits harder.

Killing mobs lower level than your pets level nets you less exp per kill <_< The best place to level veno pets is in room 4 of the cube. The [?] mobs there die in one hit and there are A LOT there.

For mystics, pets don't get exp. They're the same lvl you are when you summon them.

For all class pets...They do nothing. They just look cute and stay lvl1 XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    For veno pets, pets gain experience based on mobs you kill + pet's loyalty.

I believe if your pet is below 500 loyalty, and you're killing mobs the same level as(or a bit above) your pet's level, your pet gains 10 exp per kill.

If loyalty is above 500, and you're killing mobs the same level as(or a bit above) your pet's level, your pet gains the max 15 exp per kill. AND your pet hits harder.

Killing mobs lower level than your pets level nets you less exp per kill <_< The best place to level veno pets is in room 4 of the cube. The [?] mobs there die in one hit and there are A LOT there.
    Yup.

And just to be specific, your pet gets one less EXP from a mob for each level it has below your pet's level. So, if your pet has 500+ loyalty, is level 80, and kills a level 77 mob, then it will get 15-(80-77)=15-3=12 EXP for the kill.

The pet doesn't have to kill the mob itself either, as long as it's summoned and you kill the mob, it gets the EXP.

For more info, see the "Leveling Pets" section of the Guide to Taming and Raising Pets in the PWI wiki.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)