Nova and paralyze

Options
ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Venomancer
"Has a 67% chance to make them chaotic for 8.0 seconds, in which they are unable to move or attack."

Used yesterday in FC and Lunar, Mobs got "chaotic" and ran around randomly away (f.e. like if your pet gets paralized by Firebird in FC and runs away randomly). Isnt it suppose stop their movement? Anyone else expirienced the same lately?

And no, noone used a Genie Skill to paralize, neither we had a Mystic with us who used his paralize effect.
If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
Post edited by ColdSnow - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    One of the psychic's aoes has a chance to paralyze, I think there's also a BM skill which can do that. Normally nova won't have one of the 2 effects if the target is already under that effect (so you cast nova on a para mob, para then goes off and they remain sealed and run around).
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    One of the psychic's aoes has a chance to paralyze, I think there's also a BM skill which can do that. Normally nova won't have one of the 2 effects if the target is already under that effect (so you cast nova on a para mob, para then goes off and they remain sealed and run around).

nop werent a psy with us as well. all i know is bm can stun but he didnt do anything so i dunno
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Some non-boss mobs are immune to the freezing or seal effect. It shows the status animation anyways but it doesn't actually come into effect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear
    IzzyLilBunny - Heavens Tear Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nop werent a psy with us as well. all i know is bm can stun but he didnt do anything so i dunno

BM has a 79 skill that can freeze, someone who plays the class can give you more info on that.
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Some non-boss mobs are immune to the freezing or seal effect. It shows the status animation anyways but it doesn't actually come into effect.

If it were to show the seal animation but it didn't work then the monsters wouldn't run around like that, it shows the effect is actually happening. Nova always does both effects if it's successful, or neither of them if it fails.
    My sig is gone cus lol b:bye
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If it were to show the seal animation but it didn't work then the monsters wouldn't run around like that, it shows the effect is actually happening. Nova always does both effects if it's successful, or neither of them if it fails.

Sleep is right.

If Nova proc's on the mob, it applies both (or all 3 if demon) of the debuffs. These debuffs are separate even though they are applied simultaneously. If a mob/boss is immune to an effect, that effect just doesn't hold. It's like a BM using Roar of the Pride on a boss. The boss is immune to stun, so the effect just doesn't stick.
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    BM has a 79 skill that can freeze, someone who plays the class can give you more info on that.

since I play a BM.

The 79 Seal skill is called Smack. It's a range single target seal skill. The mob will typically after getting hit with that run the other way for a short time then come back at the BM. One of the ways I'm seeing this being used is by the BM in Warsong. They will hit smack on the Metal boss then turn and run to the rest of squad and BB range. What this has effectively done as the seal is usually still in effect...is kept the boss from reaggroing on the cleric in BB allowing the BM or Barb (whoever tank is) to grab aggro as it wears off.

Another way I like to use this skill is on mobs that are magic attack at range but melee attack at close distance. This will allow me to get the mob sealed then meet it upon it's return (after moving away from me due to seal) at a melee range damage and never get hit with the magic damage.

Hope that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kokkin - Dreamweaver
    Kokkin - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    "Has a 67% chance to make them chaotic for 8.0 seconds, in which they are unable to move or attack."

Used yesterday in FC and Lunar, Mobs got "chaotic" and ran around randomly away (f.e. like if your pet gets paralized by Firebird in FC and runs away randomly). Isnt it suppose stop their movement? Anyone else expirienced the same lately?

And no, noone used a Genie Skill to paralize, neither we had a Mystic with us who used his paralize effect.

Hey Cold!! *touches* b:dirty
    Just wanted to say that my Nova always worked like that xD (before and after sage)
    Well, that crazy effect of moving randomly doesn't happend 100% of the time but yeah, it happends often (i think thats what they call 'chaotic')