New Assassin help

Artonie - Archosaur
Artonie - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Assassin
I am currently level 20 Almost level 21 and I was wondering what combo i could use until level 29 i have all of the skills currently and Alot of unused spirit i have slipstream strike, Puncture Wound and puncher wound, also what weapon do you recommend for my level. I level fairly quickly so i would like some info back asap please
Post edited by Artonie - Archosaur on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Spamming the beginning skills is what I did in the beginning.

Auto attacking while spamming slipstream and puncture wound mainly at your level. Once you get to 29, tackling slash and rib strike will be your next two skills you'll be spamming.

You'd want to level up rib strike and tackling slash first. Tackling slash is good when you get your first spark, as it gives you 50 chi, which helps a lot with auto attacking. And to add on, it'll make fighting kiting mobs a lot easier as well, since tackling slash freezes the opponent in place.

Knife throw is a good starter in combat, as it's an assassin's only ranged skill that does damage. It also can cancel enemy casting (with demon version being 100%). The higher the level of skill, the higher the chances of cancelling enemy channeling, and the farther the range you can throw it.

At level 20, just use the daggers quests/supply stash gives you. Once you get high enough, use the Weapon Token daggers. If you don't get the mold for them in the quest, just buy them from the Auction House, as they're relatively cheap to buy. Every time you get up to the next level requisite for the next legendary daggers, upgrade to them. You'll want to use the legendary daggers up to level 80, where most sins switch off to Hook and Thorn, for the interval attribute.

That's my experience. Hope this helps!
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Artonie - Archosaur
    Artonie - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    what is better DPH or DPS/APS, and for end game what are the pros and cons of demon and sage?
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There's no point in DPH if it's not higher than the DPS, which is mainly associated with APS.

But that's of course relating to PvE. If you're going PvP, DPH is a lot more important than APS, since the higher the chances of 1-2 shotting makes the chances of killing someone higher. Any good person would be able to get away from someone auto attacking with 5aps.

And as for pro's and con's, you should look through this forum, as there are a lot of threads concerning this.

Off the top of my head:

Pros of Demon:
    Higher APS
    Longer stuns from stun skill
    First to reach 5aps
    Permaspark

Cons of Demon:
    Lower survivability if health/aps isn't high
    Basic bloodpaint

Pros of Sage:
    A much higher survivability with sage spark
    50% more healing with bloodpaint
    Higher Chi gains from skills
    A permanent 20% extra crit damage with wolf emblem
    Higher chances to avoid attacks/debuffs with Focused Mind/Tidal Protection
    Self purify with sage shadow escape

Cons of Sage:
    Lower APS than demon
    Cannot reach a sufficient 5aps without genie skills

But whichever you choose should also be influenced by how you play.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Waterscyth - Harshlands
    Waterscyth - Harshlands Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    When you hit 29, use tackling slash, then hadow jump or walk into the PURE MELEE mob. THE MOB CANNOT ATTACK for howeverlong immobilize goes for at that level, duing which time you can att to your little hearts desire without being killed by the big bad mob b:victory
    Once there was an Assassin... He killed everyone. The End...