2 more expanisons??

Lost - Harshlands
Lost - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
if you go far west and far north it says (Upcoming)
And you can actually see more land looks like north is wind or ice b:cold cause of the mountains and west is... fire b:angry.. a all fire type race I would guess cause it's nothing but desert.
and before genesis it also said (Upcoming) in the south and boom there's Genesis lol
What do you guys think?
Post edited by Lost - Harshlands on

Comments

• grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Of course it's saying Upcoming b:chuckle They can't just cut the map and put a sign "GTFO". b:avoid It was like that even before Genesis was announced.
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I guess the old "Unavailable" sounded too harsh. They want to instill a sense of false hope in you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • XVBx - Dreamweaver
    XVBx - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well, we had the original pwi, then "age of spirits". then rising tides (water), now genesis (earth). i had a thought that maybe they would keep expanding, making them themed on the elements of pwi, metal, fire, water, wood, earth. or just the "common" elements of myth, fire, water, wind, earth.
    if the last one is the one their going with, then maybe age of spirits was wind?

idk if they actually will... this is just a random day dream/thought train i had during maths class one day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing. b:cool
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well, i could see how thse areas might be used for some extra content to further envelop a plot with the takeover or destruction of the wraiths however i do not see a way of introducing a new race along with those areas since there seems to be a element/race coalition since:

5 mats based on element inside Guild Bases (Wood, Air, Metal, Earth, Water)
    5 existing races (Earthguard, Winged Elves, Humans, Untamed, Tideborn)

1 mat per race with Air replacing fire (since elements are Water, Fire, Wood, Metal and Earth)

unless they somehow come up with some random element to attribute to a new class that coincides with those 5 elements (which ofc are based on ancient chinese beliefs or w/e) i see no possibility of a new race/classes
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Next expansion has to be about Aliens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • XVBx - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Next expansion has to be about Aliens.

+9001

(ITS OVER 9000!!!!!)b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well, we had the original pwi, then "age of spirits". then rising tides (water), now genesis (earth). i had a thought that maybe they would keep expanding, making them themed on the elements of pwi, metal, fire, water, wood, earth. or just the "common" elements of myth, fire, water, wind, earth.
    if the last one is the one their going with, then maybe age of spirits was wind?

idk if they actually will... this is just a random day dream/thought train i had during maths class one day.

Untamed Seems to gavitate toward Wood

Elves have an affinity toward metal

Human Beats me. Wizzy has only fire attack really so we call em fire I guess

it's odd to me that you never even included the original 3 races in your theory. we do still exist ya know.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    =C Aww, I wanted some kind of nightmarish ghost/zombie race that eats fish people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    and if you go far SOUTH at the end of the new EG area it says upcoming... if u go far EAST out in the ocean it says upcoming.... doesnt' mean there'll be more expansion. Which there probably wont' be. I think it used to say unavailable.
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011

it's odd to me that you never even included the original 3 races in your theory. we do still exist ya know.

Winged Elves (both classes) = Metal
    Human (mainly wiz) = Earth, Water, Fire
    Untamed (both classes) = Wood

All five elements are covered with the first three, everything else is cake frosting. Fish and Earthworms don't have any set, defined elemental "mastery," just a mix of damage types - they may fulfill class/gameplay roles, but with regard to story and elemental origin, they're shoe-horned in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    =C Aww, I wanted some kind of nightmarish ghost/zombie race that eats fish people.

No no no, i wanna live. b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    No no no, i wanna live. b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

You will live on in our hearts, memories, and the lunch special at Long John Silver's.
    b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Of course it's saying Upcoming b:chuckle They can't just cut the map and put a sign "GTFO". b:avoid It was like that even before Genesis was announced.

I guess I would die laughing if it actually did say that... b:laugh
    You will live on in our hearts, memories, and the lunch special at Long John Silver's.

hehe xD I'll skip lunch.. the fish most likely has been dead and ressurected and too many times...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    hehe xD I'll skip lunch.. the fish most likely has been dead and ressurected and too many times...

b:spit that WOULD explain the flavor...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2011

At least i could be served at a better place then Long John Silver's. b:lipcurl
  • XVBx - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011

wasn't talking about races, was talking about the expansions themselves, but u got a point
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    At least i could be served at a better place then Long John Silver's. b:lipcurl

Yeah well, A4, 1:15 was the first thing that came to mind. And Red Lobster just doesn't have the same ring to it. (Cue "Shellfish" puns here)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerGate - Archosaur
    TigerGate - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well, i could see how thse areas might be used for some extra content to further envelop a plot with the takeover or destruction of the wraiths however i do not see a way of introducing a new race along with those areas since there seems to be a element/race coalition since:

5 mats based on element inside Guild Bases (Wood, Air, Metal, Earth, Water)
    5 existing races (Earthguard, Winged Elves, Humans, Untamed, Tideborn)

1 mat per race with Air replacing fire (since elements are Water, Fire, Wood, Metal and Earth)

unless they somehow come up with some random element to attribute to a new class that coincides with those 5 elements (which ofc are based on ancient chinese beliefs or w/e) i see no possibility of a new race/classes

just a small note. metal element is the sky element, so wind, lightning and such all fall under it.

also humans are under the element of fire since fire is the element of invention
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    just a small note. metal element is the sky element, so wind, lightning and such all fall under it.

also humans are under the element of fire since fire is the element of invention

inside faction bases there are 5 mats needed to upgrade with go along with that for example

Tellus Wood = mat for EG -Wood element
    Lost Sand = mat for untamed - Earth element
    Ether Steel = mat for human - Steel element
    Raging Flask = mat for TB - Water element
    Plume Feather or w/e cant remember = mat for elves - sounds much like Air

just went along with that set up and if u search the chinese elements they'll list water, fire, earth, metal, and wood however none of the mats given per race from base seem to refer to fire
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As long as pwi making a profit they'll be new expansion, They'll make something up like......pwi in the future or pwi lost in space. Although I heard pwi isn't going to do your house dealio. They still have that in other versions if I'm not mistaken. You know eventually at some point that'll bring that one out to this version.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    OK, here's the elemental alignment of each race according to their storyline base. (yes i actually read/keep up on the story in PWI's main quests.) These are all taken from the quest-line about the disaster foretelling the return of Pan Gu to the world. Each race/town was Aligned with a specific thing

Etherblade: Humans: Fire: The Celestial Flame will scorch the earth raw.
    City of the Plume: Elves: Metal: The Great Tornado will wipe the land clean.
    City of the Lost: Untamed: Wood: The Wooden Stampede will crush any opposition.
    Frost Castle (Later replaced with the Tideborn): Water: The Raging Flood will wipe the ash and debris for life to renew.
    Tellus: Earthguard: Earth: The Final Quake will rip the earths face in Pan Gu's Image.

Yea now please gimme all the nerdflame posts ya want b:chuckle
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • McKenzi - Dreamweaver
    McKenzi - Dreamweaver Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    its funny with the "upcoming" thing reminds me of us players being fish stuck in a fish tank :(
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    if they truly wanted to be awesome, we could play as the Wraiths. But that would take way to much work for them, wouldn't it?

I suppose they could make a undead race....
  • TigerGate - Archosaur
    TigerGate - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Larkray, i commend you for being someone who also enjoys reading the story.

as for the expansion speculation, since all five elements are covered racially i kind of doubt there will be any more expansion in that area. thats not to say there might not be any more new classes in the future though.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Maybe it's reserved for future expansions, I doubt they'll stop adding new content to the game unless they decide not to keep working on Perfect World and let the game die (I highly doubt though).

I don't think there is room for more classes. Any class that is to appear will just be a copy of an existing class (of this game or another) that will just replace the said existing class.

Maybe there will be expansions like The Lost Empire and Age of Spirits. They didn't introduce new classes, just some new content.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • _Tsunami_ - Lost City
    _Tsunami_ - Lost City Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well, now pwi has all the classic classes that can be found in a rpg:

bm=warrior
    barb=barbarian
    cleric=healer
    archer=archer
    assassin=rogue
    psy=sorcerer
    wiz=mage
    mystic=druid
    seeker=paladin
    veno=witch

Now the one is missed it's one that use some "trick" and ingeering, like gnomes. Maybe can be that, and use fire/earth element.
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I wouldn't expect a new race (for the reason of the five elements, mostly), but I'm 99,5% sure there will be at least one new, upcomming expansion - to cover that dent on the map, just under EG teritories.

Maybe some new:
    1/ dungeon
    2/ event
    3/ both? b:chuckle
    It would be nice to have more PQs, for example. Maybe a harder area with endgame PQ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Bollocks - Raging Tide
    Bollocks - Raging Tide Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Another one? Or even two? While they can't even fix existing problems or finish the Genesis expansion b:laugh
    Aasimar:
    "Bollocks - a guy that will always point out to some1s nonsense and generally indicate contempt for a certain task, subject or opinion. A balancing force and more often then not, a voice of reason around thees parts. There is also paradox in that being his cleric name, as he likes to put it "useless char", while he is one of the best clerics on the server in PvP and PvE imo."
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Come on, Genesis came out just a bit over a month ago. Give them another year or so, and maybe... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    honestly i think a interesting concept that maybe they should play with is permitting ppl to have subclasses to their main classes. like maybe allow archers to take a sin subclass and have a water downed stealth or a barb take a cleric sub class and have some form of defensive buffs/heals. ofc i wont say make them horribly OP but i think it would put a nice spin on things. *awaits the LOLFAILNEWBGTFO post*
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
This discussion has been closed.