Wizard tricks?

Shawnward - Lost City
Shawnward - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Wizard
i heard there was wizard tricks with a few of our skills like db and bids kinda like a sins powerdash glitch if so what are they i cant find any threads anywhere with them
Post edited by Shawnward - Lost City on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i heard there was wizard tricks with a few of our skills like db and bids kinda like a sins powerdash glitch if so what are they i cant find any threads anywhere with them

Well if you are sage, you can start channeling BT/MS and switch to an incompatible weapon (like lvl 1 fists).. and it will stop the skill after the channeling, but before the cast time so you have a 50% chance to get a spark without using the other 2 sparks or putting the ultis on cooldown. Same trick works for sage BIDS for the crit proc, or demon bids for a chance at 2 sparks back. It probably works on a few other skills as well, but it just isn't worth mentioning. None of this is really practical in pvp.. because sitting there for 4 seconds for a CHANCE at getting a spark back or a CHANCE at crit buff is stupid. If you can find the time to stand there for 4 seconds channeling an ult.. you better take it and make sure it lands lol.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Shawnward - Lost City
    Shawnward - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well if you are sage, you can start channeling BT/MS and switch to an incompatible weapon (like lvl 1 fists).. and it will stop the skill after the channeling, but before the cast time so you have a 50% chance to get a spark without using the other 2 sparks or putting the ultis on cooldown. Same trick works for sage BIDS for the crit proc, or demon bids for a chance at 2 sparks back. It probably works on a few other skills as well, but it just isn't worth mentioning. None of this is really practical in pvp.. because sitting there for 4 seconds for a CHANCE at getting a spark back or a CHANCE at crit buff is stupid. If you can find the time to stand there for 4 seconds channeling an ult.. you better take it and make sure it lands lol.

ah ok ya im a demon wiz and was just trying to seee if theres any usful teniques outthere for me to try....dont mind the bad spelling atm lol
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ah ok ya im a demon wiz and was just trying to seee if theres any usful teniques outthere for me to try....dont mind the bad spelling atm lol

The only thing I can think of is maybe glitching morning dew. But if you glitch it, you lose mp and morning dew doesn't take up sparks or anything so might as well just cast it.

I tried glitching wellspring quaff. Doesn't work.
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The only thing I can think of is maybe glitching morning dew. But if you glitch it, you lose mp and morning dew doesn't take up sparks or anything so might as well just cast it.

I tried glitching wellspring quaff. Doesn't work.
    no cast no channel what time do you have to glitch it :P
    b:bye
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011

shhhh, he's a fish, don't let him fool you.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You glitch it the exact same way as a sin/BM does it, by switching to another weapon type during the channel.
    It's alot easier for us, as our channel actually lasts more than 0.5 seconds
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    shhhh, he's a fish, don't let him fool you.

He has a wizard too you know...
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    He has a wizard too you know...

oh he's been shown over and over. Apparently if you post on a non-wizard avatar your wizard poofs as if you've never had it.. as well as any experience/knowledge you acquired while playing on your now non-existent wizard that you can actually log on to at any time. I like to call it.. "BLOODLOGIC".
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    anyone ever thought to try and glitch sutra? im not sure if its possible but it would be cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    what i said there i say again
    b:bye
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    oh he's been shown over and over. Apparently if you post on a non-wizard avatar your wizard poofs as if you've never had it.. as well as any experience/knowledge you acquired while playing on your now non-existent wizard that you can actually log on to at any time. I like to call it.. "BLOODLOGIC".

ahh! Makes sense now. b:cute
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Say you can take on liek 10+ people and not die.
    Antistun+Sutra+Town Portal For the lulz.
    :D
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Nah Blood just goes with the Starwars logic

whenever a player leaves the painfull path of playing a wizard to change it for the easier path of lvling a psychic or another class it is like when a former jedi apprentice changes into a sith lord. By doing so the good old wiz dies and gets replaced by a dark mean soul of a psy. So the former wiz doesnt exist anymore. It seems like Blood also thinks that way ^^.

On the other hands i remind all you psychic players to the words of master yoda:

Yoda states, "A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice." Luke then says, "Vader. Is the dark side stronger?" to which Yoda replies "No...no...no. Quicker, easier, more seductive." (wikipedia)

greetz harm0wnie
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011

No, the logic is this (funny, how I keep having to explain things to you, huh?)

If someone bails on a wiz in favor of a fish, there's a reason for it.

Listen to the people who play wizards, not the one's that abandoned them long ago for one of the easy classes.
    Nah Blood just goes with the Starwars logic

whenever a player leaves the painfull path of playing a wizard to change it for the easier path of lvling a psychic or another class it is like when a former jedi apprentice changes into a sith lord. By doing so the good old wiz dies and gets replaced by a dark mean soul of a psy. So the former wiz doesnt exist anymore.

See? Not that hard to figure out, if you can get your ego outta the way.

Oh, thats right, your a lost city wizard. got it
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011

Listen to the people who play wizards, not the one's that abandoned them long ago for one of the easy classes.

He was rerolling servers, and he made the right choice imo. If I didn't have my mage.. I'd make a psy too. Doesn't mean I just forget everything I ever knew about a mage.. lawl
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Um, how many times do I have to say that I rerolled psy because I had not the slightest clue about it, and it was the only magic ranged class that remained a mystery to me at the time.

It seems your memory span is as short as your ability to make logical arguments is lacking.

Listen to the people who know their classes, not that has a +10 wep with icebournes and still hits unbuffed 8x wizzies for under 5k with BT.

See? Not that hard to remember, if you can get your BR-ness outta the way.

Oh, that's right, you're an archosaur wizard. got it. go back to your dying server lah. or go out to west on LC at 6am server time and expect people pking
  • Harrydresden - Raging Tide
    Harrydresden - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I Sutra Sage Frostblade, Morning Dew, Master Li Technique, and Frostbalde again to build chi super fast
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    I Sutra Sage Frostblade, Morning Dew, Master Li Technique, and Frostbalde again to build chi super fast

lol b:laugh
  • Harrydresden - Raging Tide
    Harrydresden - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol b:laugh

Now u know my secret, ur life is now in jeperody
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Now u know my secret, ur life is now in jeperody

*sutra town portal*

HAH!
    edited April 2011
    *sutra town portal*

HAH!

Simple disappearing is one of the oldest tricks of us wizards. I suggest you work a lil bit more on the trick with the saw and the virgin Adroit. ( Nowadays the trick itself is as hard as finding a virgin to assist you ^^)b:laugh
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Simple disappearing is one of the oldest tricks of us wizards. I suggest you work a lil bit more on the trick with the saw and the virgin Adroit. ( Nowadays the trick itself is as hard as finding a virgin to assist you ^^)b:laugh
    Beat me to the Virgin part lol

One trick i use while fighting clerics is to fake BT.
    Silly ones that know the animation usualy either waste their sleep, or AD and i sleep+BT them when its done :D
    edited April 2011
    Beat me to the Virgin part lol

One trick i use while fighting clerics is to fake BT.
    Silly ones that know the animation usualy either waste their sleep, or AD and i sleep+BT them when its done :D
    works also with psychics to make them casting soulburn on you but there it has the downside that you still cant counter afterwards :-/
This discussion has been closed.