Epic FAIL moments in HT history

Knownase - Heavens Tear
Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Etherblade (West)
Since my "Epic moments" thread is a hit, here is another for your amusement.

My personal epic fail moment:

I died in FB29 when I was lvl 101. Turns out my gear wasn't on, and when I lured the place and Arma, the explosions from the mobs killed me, and my alt friend's char.

b:cute

What are your epic FAIL moments?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
-Certified Barbarian Master-
-You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
-Master of Coffee-
Post edited by Knownase - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XHonestyx - Heavens Tear
    XHonestyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I never got to kill Knownase during our old TE TW's.

*sadness sadness*
    Whatever, I do what I want
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    I never got to kill Knownase during our old TE TW's.

*sadness sadness*

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Solara_craft - Heavens Tear
    Solara_craft - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    When they put theChest of coins/Perfect Iron Hammers in the cash shop for the first time... then Rank8/9 Sale w/Medals... Rank 8 wasn't as widely abused back then... And the people which got it, knew it could roll 4 socket: so they stayed trying, until they got max stat/4socket... then pimpped it out....

Really fkn sick of people in Rank 8, w/Min stat on weapon, and 3 socket on armor +10...

Oh yea... and when they messed up, and screwed the non cash shoppers, even after they told everyone about the "glitch" and how to do it. LOL. GG.

My Personal Fail:
    ... not sticking to my archer, along with whatever anyone else can say, :P.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/SolGDArch.png[/SIGPIC]
    Alt's:
    Disarmonia_X - 101 Cleric
    Shadows_Muse - 100 Wiz; Ω
    b:heartAneurysmal/MetalPenguinb:dirty
  • Brus - Lost City
    Brus - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    That isn't "Epic fail moment" it's just a fail.
    It would be Epic if your gear had reached 0 durability or something.
  • Solara_craft - Heavens Tear
    Solara_craft - Heavens Tear Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:chuckle
    That isn't "Epic fail moment" it's just a fail.
    It would be Epic if your gear had reached 0 durability or something.

Done that ONCE. Learned my lesson.
    [SIGPIC]http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo22/disarmonia_X/SolGDArch.png[/SIGPIC]
    Alt's:
    Disarmonia_X - 101 Cleric
    Shadows_Muse - 100 Wiz; Ω
    b:heartAneurysmal/MetalPenguinb:dirty
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2011

That link is just Epic b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    OMG, I wanted to say that soo bad
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Jazzboy - Heavens Tear
    Jazzboy - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    epic fail of the server to date.

people not getting over their **** and building a guild to stop enrage from taking over the map.

people look at enrage as this elite guild. but they have not even been tested since the destruction of Tao. gear wise yes they are the elite guild. but beyond that i have no doubt in my mind thats all they have. their lack of real TW in the last year. would kick their tails if a guild ever rose to the challenge.

epic fail of the game

rank 9 being put in cash shop, no matter what the charge. these are things that should have been attainable by guilds working together not individuals with a CC. but now that rank 9 is out i expect warsoul weapons to become more attainable to trump their defensive capabilities.

epic fail of the future

enrage retaking the map. enough said
    edited April 2011
    Again, why does everything have to resort to back blah blah Enrage or Enrage blah blah?
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Well why don't you guys form an actual clan, there is a lot of diff clans now..Most fail imo, poorly equipped to for 8-9x people.

Epic fail on myself..Leaving RoC. I also forgot to pick up a mold before teleing out of a FB.

Epic fail on game..Not putting an age restriction on the WC.

Epic fail on Jazzboy..Liking Jazz.
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Enrage, it just....enrages ppl.

I swear, the name itself, is a psychological effect at this point for the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear
    Nicestuff_Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wish I could click the "Like" button on Knownase's post. The name really suits the guild.
    I like when I say stuff that make kids go b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry.

Love,
    TenderMeat. b:kiss (New character, retired this BM)
    edited April 2011
    Yes, I agree, it does seem that way.
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The day my cleric on LC was made. I mean come on, adding dex?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Epic Server Fail(s)
    - Rank sale, I mean c'mon yea it's really cool, but it's upsetting to see that everyone and their grandmother can lvl to 100 in a few days and have some nice shiny gear to roll with. It may as well be like the new starter gear that they give you as you level in the initial zones.

-Radiance attempt on Harpy Wraith after it was taken down in a diff server(lolmygodroflmao) Never have I seen so many amazing barbs die so damn fast, nor have I seen people that actually, IN THE SAME FACTION, sit on the sidelines while 1 cleric (Raw) tries to heal all of them solo. Just about wet myself with how sad that event was.

Personal
    -Same instance as you (29) came back after some 6-7mth vacation to get my(90) veno killed in the tower room. Only I had gear on, herc out etc, just flat out failed hard. Couldn't recall skill buttons, forgot that macro's get wiped on updates and ultimately got a few good friends killed in the process because sharing is caring b:victory
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I swear, the name itself, is a psychological effect at this point for the server.

truth... it seems like ppl still associate the current enrage with the old enrage when it is... well, basically completely different- enrage is just another big guild these days

back on topic... fails!

- vivichu dying in fb39
    - me dying in fb39 (mobbing half the map with equips back in those days wasn't such a good idea)
    - going afk in room 49 when i forgot i had bomb on me
    - picking a useless class
    - tsung can't tank harpy
    - and recently, pwi as a whole
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
    edited April 2011
    -Radiance attempt on Harpy Wraith after it was taken down in a diff server(lolmygodroflmao) Never have I seen so many amazing barbs die so damn fast, nor have I seen people that actually, IN THE SAME FACTION, sit on the sidelines while 1 cleric (Raw) tries to heal all of them solo. Just about wet myself with how sad that event was.

OMG, I remember that. I wasn't there to participate in that monstrosity, but I was on vent the entire time. And that will be the ONLY thing I say about that. But can always give him credit for trying to solo heal that ****.
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I have to disagree with your link there. Look at etymology,its the study of the origin of words and it states that over time, definitions change.The use of epic and fail the way its done now a days isn't wrong its evolution. You know the word 'nice' was originally an insult,pretty much saying a nice guy was stupid. All in all I think the one that made that page is just butt hurt and doesn't like the change. anyways

My epic fail is ^.lol I honestly can't think of anything horribly fail,but i have a bad memory and im sure some of you *coughcoughlorcoughcough* could easily think of some for me.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Drakon almost beating Enrage.
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    threads like this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    epic fail of the server to date.

people not getting over their **** and building a guild to stop enrage from taking over the map.

people look at enrage as this elite guild. but they have not even been tested since the destruction of Tao. gear wise yes they are the elite guild. but beyond that i have no doubt in my mind thats all they have. their lack of real TW in the last year. would kick their tails if a guild ever rose to the challenge.

epic fail of the game

rank 9 being put in cash shop, no matter what the charge. these are things that should have been attainable by guilds working together not individuals with a CC. but now that rank 9 is out i expect warsoul weapons to become more attainable to trump their defensive capabilities.

epic fail of the future

enrage retaking the map. enough said

*gives you an Enrage Carebear hug* awww is someone butt hurt that they were denied/killfarmed/ksed/backtalked by one of our members? QQ man up or get off the server. And the arguement that we are nothing but our gear got old long ago. look around there are plenty of well geared people on the server. not our fault that they dont play well together. y'all behave or i'll put your toys up!
    *insert awesome siggy here*
    edited April 2011
    I could think of a few lol.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    When I 1k'ed in RB a week after my 9 month break. b:sad

When I decided to make a bowbarian from a lvl 1 barb.

Every single assassin who think they are gods in pk, then get 3 shot by my +7 gx ... before rank sales ofc.

Watching Enrage or Rad (can't remember) try to kill harpy wraith while I was in their faction, and seeing 46,000 people dying, then in the following weeks, watching Curse and 5 others kill it alone.

@ Jazz:
    Enrage haven't been tested since Tao because well ... no-one has been good enough. Rad got close but didn't build on their progress for some reason. All the "good" players are spread out between 3 or 4 factions, combined with a smattering of people who faceroll their keyboards and call themselves skilled.

Why does every thread boil down to Enrage this Enrage that, seriously b:chuckle
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Why does every thread boil down to Enrage this Enrage that, seriously b:chuckle

Loudest they are b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have to disagree with your link there. Look at etymology,its the study of the origin of words and it states that over time, definitions change.The use of epic and fail the way its done now a days isn't wrong its evolution. You know the word 'nice' was originally an insult,pretty much saying a nice guy was stupid. All in all I think the one that made that page is just butt hurt and doesn't like the change. anyways

My epic fail is ^.lol I honestly can't think of anything horribly fail,but i have a bad memory and im sure some of you *coughcoughlorcoughcough* could easily think of some for me.

there is a difference between evolution and fad usage. epic still means the same thing it has always meant, fad usage using the original definition and applying it to things it does not apply to. It is not an epic failure to forget your keys, its just forgetting your keys.

epic refers to superlative or expansive characteristics, and if everything is described as having those characteristics, then everything is superlative, which would make nothing superlative. if every piece of minutia that warrants notice is epic, than the descriptor is superfluous. leading to the conclusion that you are only saying it because you like the way it sounds, and not because it has any real meaning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    there is a difference between evolution and fad usage. epic still means the same thing it has always meant, fad usage using the original definition and applying it to things it does not apply to. It is not an epic failure to forget your keys, its just forgetting your keys.

epic refers to superlative or expansive characteristics, and if everything is described as having those characteristics, then everything is superlative, which would make nothing superlative. if every piece of minutia that warrants notice is epic, than the descriptor is superfluous. leading to the conclusion that you are only saying it because you like the way it sounds, and not because it has any real meaning.

I have to say that was big biggest concentration of decent size words I have ever seen in a forum.I actually had to look up superfluous. lol.You may be right,how ever since the miss use of the word,as you so aptly put it, is fairly new, it is still possible that the meaning of the word may still change.We may never know,how long can a word be used out of it original meaning before its no longer a fad but evolution?
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Jazzboy - Heavens Tear
    Jazzboy - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    *gives you an Enrage Carebear hug* awww is someone butt hurt that they were denied/killfarmed/ksed/backtalked by one of our members? QQ man up or get off the server. And the arguement that we are nothing but our gear got old long ago. look around there are plenty of well geared people on the server. not our fault that they dont play well together. y'all behave or i'll put your toys up!

lmao yeah you mean like your butt buddy defected that i ran off the server. he couldnt handle coming back to get pked over and over by a 8x bm. i dont get mad i get even. there are some good ppl in enrage. and no i dont QQ over EnTao backtalk. your guild was dead long ago when the original members started quitting. sounds to me like i hit a nerve pointing out yall havent proven anything other than your obnoxious and boring.

and trigger yes i know there are plenty of people out there geared well enough to take on enrage. i was pointing out the fact everyone throws a hissy on this server over someone they dont like being in guild. I could have been 1 of them i couldnt stand GenX but i stayed in guild with him and just ignored him for the sake of the guild. all im saying is thats the biggest fail of the server.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lmao yeah you mean like your butt buddy defected that i ran off the server. he couldnt handle coming back to get pked over and over by a 8x bm. i dont get mad i get even. there are some good ppl in enrage. and no i dont QQ over EnTao backtalk. your guild was dead long ago when the original members started quitting. sounds to me like i hit a nerve pointing out yall havent proven anything other than your obnoxious and boring.

Please, oh wise one, show us how to truly rule the TW map, and be a REAL pro TW faction. Show us how to truly lead and develop a better faction than the server's ever seen.

I'm waiting b:cute

Can you tell me what Enrage haven't proven?

Can we talk about my faction, TotalSin for a change, instead of Enrage all the dam time? b:sad
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Agrees w/Bale...but have to wonder why I even felt the need to read this.

Oh right was hoping to see Bale and I did I did....btw...

Bale can I borrow Tickler for a while??? b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]